You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "herts2011" celebrates his birthday today
  • "herts2011" started this thread

Reg: Jun 13th 2011

Monday, July 16th 2012, 5:04pm

23 weeks really struggling with pain SPD?

Hi ladies ,

I'm really hoping someone can reassure me really Friday and 2day inhave been in hospital with pains.I'm 23 weeks with twins non ID.

Friday the pains were just my groin and tummy and even though I've rested it's got progressively worse it's now my lower back groin pelvis and tummy .im 23 weeks with my twins and really feel the hospital are not taking me seriously .. Tell me if I'm overreacting ladies lol but twin 1 'my ll fidget movements have even slowed down and heart rate was slower then Friday as well ! haven't checked anything else ,is this normal? Has anyone had SPD ?does this sound more sinister ? Or am I paranoid lol!

My hospital are saying its SPD has anyone had any experience in this ? I said something's not sitting right with me even taken a codeine ( percrisbed lol ) and still in pain just hope someone has some advice thank u xxxx
ttc 5 years
x6clomid:BFN:
aug ivf :BFN:
jan ivf :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Monday, July 16th 2012, 5:30pm

I'm sure you will be absolutely fine but go with your instinct and insist on going back to be checked. Use reduced movement as your excuse if you need to as they always tend to check that if that . I don't want to worry you but when you are being scanned ask them to measure your cervix to check it is not shortening as that is a sign of pre-term labour.

Good luck.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Monday, July 16th 2012, 5:47pm

Thanks newly wed ,

I think I don't know the difference between early labour and SPD as symptoms seem to be very simualar I'm only 5ft and just have a funny feeling my girls are Gunna come early and want the hospital to think about what if so things are put in place , i don't know by no examations how they can tell anything! They've just been so rude and dismissive I really didn't think ird feel like this this early xx
ttc 5 years

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Monday, July 16th 2012, 7:30pm

Doesn't sound like the hospital are being very helpful - I would go back. I don't think you need to worry though, I would have thought you would have spotting at least if if was early labour.....I had been to my GP's a couple of times to get pains checked out, and basically it is everything stretching and loosening and it is pretty painful. I have a hot water bottle most of the time, even at work and take paracetamol, they've told me I can have codeine if it gets worse. My GP has advised giving up work, which I am doing this is my last week (Week 26 for me)

In summary you are not paranoid and your anxieties should be taken seriously - keep going back until you have some answers and your mind is at rest!

Good luck

RM
x

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Monday, July 16th 2012, 7:34pm

Definitely get checked over and over again if you feel that something is not right. Sometimes instinct is the only thing to go on. I would agree that if you are going to have a scan, please insist on having your cervix looked at as it can and is usually a sign of preterm labour. Please try not to worry but also make sure you do what you think is right, regardless of how mad or insane your midwife or doctor thinks you are. I remember going to my midwife twice about the twins prior to being rushed into Addenbrookes at 20 weeks. She told me that what I was feeling was just one of the twins lying on my bladder......actually it was my cervix opening from the inside and I had an emergency stitch and my twins arrived at 25 weeks. If I had not had the stitch and had not been admitted at 20 weeks, I don't think the babies would have made it.

The midwife even told me to lean over a pregnancy ball........I dread to think what might have happened if I had taken her advice.

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 10:31am

Hi hun

I would definitely go back if you are still feeling the pain. It may well be SPD but it doesn't sound like they've been very thourough with their assessment before declaring that that's what it is.

As you say, it could just be the fact you're carrying two and you're a little shorter than average. I'm 5ft 3 and I'm struggling with the rate of growth of my bump (I'm very short in the body and long in the legs so there isn't a lot of room for the babies in there already).

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 6:43pm

I feel the same girls not being taken seriously enough , does anyone know what tests for SPD or early labor are ? I'm so worried that this baring down feeling is something sinister I will definately ask them to check my cervix at scan hope I'm ok till then !

Wannabe I am a little one at 5ft lol and I'm sure it's nothing but I'm not someoene to go for no reason they just don't care .so hard x

Hayley omg what signs did u have that made u taken to hospital? I got midwife thurs was going to ask her about it all feel so emotional even my sister said I'm acting like someone who is ready to drop I told her coz that's how I feel .x

Running mum I'm pretty sure I won't make another month of work either I expected painfull just didn't want to have to be on really strong painkillers so early they just tell me to get to 24 weeks and take it from there ,it's 6 days away ! Hoping my midwife will be better might get her to have a look see if she can see anything going on lol ..so hard when your first to know what feelings are .xx

All so lovely thanks ladies :thumbsup: Xxx
ttc 5 years

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Wednesday, July 18th 2012, 11:27am

Herts - I think I just knew something wasn't right. One day I remember feeling like I was having contractions but on the inside if that makes sense. I felt like there was a lot of weight down there but I can't really describe it. I remember thinking at the time when I was lying in bed with the contraction type feelings, thinking that it must be something going on as it just didn't feel right. Like I say, midwives can only do so much and I think if you are really concerned, visit your hospital again and demand a scan of your cervix. Bearing in mind you are only diddy yourself, I think it is well worth having it checked over.

I didn't really have any other signs, other than a slight bleed at around 17 weeks, then the odd feelings. I was fortunate to have my 20 week scan booked the day after seeing my midwife so thats when they found the shortened cervix. I was taken into Addenbrookes to have a stitch put in and then put in a ward and made to stay there until the babies came.

We were very lucky.

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests