You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "mrsandrews09" started this thread

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: 1 daughter, 16 years old, new baby boy 10 weeks old

Monday, July 16th 2012, 12:12pm

6 weeks pregnant and have hyperstimulated? help and advice please

hi ladies here is a little about me,
i did my 2nd round of ivf recently and am currently 6 weeks 5 days pregnant was due for my scan today at BCRM bristol but i had bad stomach pains on friday so was told to go to the EPU as i had an ectopic last july so off i went had obviously set myself up for the worst, there were tears,shaking, anger lol but then the nurse found the baby and the heartbeat i was compleatly bowled over, so rang BCRM back as they asked me to inform them of what was said, so told them and she said ok we wont see you on monday now as planned as the EPU have done what we would have done i told them that the EPU had actually found id hyperstimulated and that i had 2 big follicles on both overys and some fluid in me ???? but they still dont want me to go back, im kind of feeling very abandoned now and after paying all that money to just be dropped without them saying what i should and shouldnt do during pregnancy and hyperstimulation, so was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them as im very worried , sorry for the long essay and thanks for any help and advice you can offer xxxx
[zx076] :BFP: JUNE 2011 ectopic bigcloud

:BFP: seen @6 weeks [zx076] & 7 weeks & 10 weeks [zx115] also 13 weeks

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Monday, July 16th 2012, 12:25pm

Hi lorraine, Firstly massive congratulations on your pregnancy, you must have been so relieved to see your LO is fine and well.
I hyper-stimulated a couple of years ago but mine was expected after they collected 28 eggs at EC so the embryo transfer was cancelled and the embryo's frozen. I did however get very very sick 48 hours later, my stomach bloated right out and i was in agony, i literally couldnt move and was admitted to hospital where i had to stay for nearly 2 weeks. They gave me fluids and some form of vitamin and i had regular scans to check the fluid in my abdomen was reducing, its serious stuff, and i know being pregnant only makes the symptoms of over-stimulation worse. however dont worry your baby will be fine, it doesn't effect the pregnancy at all, it is you that will become very poorly. IM sorry your clinc are being so rubbish its not right of them. How are you feeling? are the pains getting worse? I went to A&E and was admitted, if your concerned dont wast your time with the clinic and go straight to the hospital, afterall they are the ones that need to take care of you right now. If you feel ok tho and dont want to go to hospital then you may just have it very mildly and it will sort itself out over a little bit of time. I hope this helps in some way, x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Monday, July 16th 2012, 12:35pm

thank you so much for the quick reply, i had 21 eggs taken and 2 days before the EC they made me stop stims as i had so many and were worried about it but they went ahead and then 3 days later but the embies back, but thats kind of it they havent seen me since so i didnt even know i had hyperstimulated until the early pregnancy unit told me, i do have an uncomfortable pains on bith sides but think its only the mild kind but ive read not to drink to much flluids as that doesnt help but then told to drink lots for the baby im so confused.
that definatly sounds lke you had it bad hunni and glad you got better and can see you had a beautiful baby huge congratulations xxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, July 16th 2012, 4:44pm

Hi mrsandrews,
I would follow LisaLou advice, especially if you feel worse. You could also contact your GP or midwife. We can all share experience but we are not doctors so contcting someone qualified is your best bet.
In the mean time drink plenty of water.
Take care

Monday, July 16th 2012, 5:43pm

thanks hunni i have been apart from i then read not to drink to much water with hyperstimulation, ?o(
my husband is ringing our ivf clinic tomorrow as it does seem wrong thanks for your help xxx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE