You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "kittenlove" celebrates his birthday today
  • "kittenlove" started this thread

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 10:31am

Thick mucous in throat just laying there!

Hi girls,

Does anyone else have this problem? It started at the beginning of pregnancy when I kept sneezing and felt really congested. Now Im Left with this feeling of mucous laying in my throat that won't budge :no: I know pregnancy can produce more mucous in the body and wondered if that's what's happening! Does anyone know if there's something I can safely take? This is beginning to be a real problem.....what with the nasty thick mucous and nausea :scream:
Any advice would be appreciated :xxx:
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, July 9th 2012, 10:15am

Hiya,

There are some really peculiar side effects to pregnancy aren't there?!

There isn't an awful lot you can take at the moment but there are a few things that may help. Milk and dairy products tend to make you more mucousy so if you can cut back on those, that may help. You could try inhaling steam the old fashioned way with a bowl of hot water and a towel over your head (but be very careful as your skin's likely to be sensitive and we don't want you having third degree burns on your face!) and that good old favourite, drink plenty of fluids. Your best defence against anything and everything is to be hydrated, although it's not always easy if you're already running to the loo every half an hour anyway! Are you managing to do any exercise? A 20 minute brisk walk will get your heart rate up and kickstart your body into action, helping your drainage systems get rid of some of that gunk from your head.

I'd love to give you an answer that was more scientific than having a few glasses of water and going for a walk but, boring as it is, it's probably your best bet and anything's worth a try when you feel like you're drowning in your own snot! Hopefully it'll pass as your hormones level out in a few weeks x