You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "cleo1981" started this thread

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 8:46am

5 weeks 6 days empty sac

Ladies,

I need some help. Yesterday i noticed some spotting brownish color and as all women in our position i freaked and went to the ER. According to me i got my embies transferred on the 09/06/2012 they were 5 day blastocyst, with a BFP on the 20/06/2012 leaving me 5 weeks 6 days yesterday i think. However when i went to the up to gynae for an internal scan they said that i have a sac but they see nothing in it and the sac is measuring 6 weeks 5 days????? i am so so confused and totally at my wits end :hairout . If i was 5 weeks 6 days like i think i am it would be too early to see anything yet woudnt it? But if i am wat the doctor says i am its over because its too late and i should be seeing something? i cried all day yesterday

Do you have any advice? Has this happened to anyone else? should i phone my own fertility clinic and see what they say? HELP :scream:

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 8:57am

You are right Hun- you are 6 weeks pregnant today.

I really think it could be too early to see anything and with regards to the measurements they are measuring something that is mm's and will depend on the sonographer and equipment.

I know it won't stop you worrying but bleeding can be very common and it defo sounds too early to me.

When is your next scan?

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 9:09am

Gemma,

My scan with the fertility clinic is 11th July but the hospital want me back on the 9th of July. God forgive me but the wee doctor i had yesterday looked confused about the whole FET thing but believe me there was nothing she did to reassure me either. I even said to her that she couldnt be right with dates she went with my LMP but its not right to do that when its FET. She also showed the scan to her registrar she said she was happy enough at this stage and they didnt even do bloods?

In a way i wish i had never went. Spotting stopped as well and i had no cramps or anything should i speak to my fertility clinic after all they are experts in this?

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 9:23am

Gemma,

I phoned my fertility clinic and the nurse said she is so off with the dates!!! that i am only day 24 after transfer and it would be too too early to see anything yet and try not to panic!!!

i feel a bit better now but still not fully ok

19verve

United Kingdom

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 10:49am

I would try not to worry (easy said than done) but it is too early and your local hospital would have limited knowledge of IVF and dates. Your IVF clinic wouldnt scan you at this date for that very reason reason , they wouldnt see anything.

Best wishes !

Scarlett

Superstar

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 11:07am

Hi honey,

I had a scan with William at 5 weeks 6 and there was no fetal pole just an empty sac and the consultant worried me to death saying it was probably not a viable pregnancy. Well that 'non viable pregnancy' is currently sitting by me aged 2 and a bit, full of it! So keep believing until you have solid evidence to the contrary and very good luck. blowkiss

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 11:17am

Ladies,

thank you so so much for all your kind words i really hope this is my time and that everything is gonna be ok xxxx blowkiss :pray:

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 2:14pm

Oh Cleo, what a worry. Everything is such a worry at the best of times with IVF, let alone when things like this happen. I will be keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you. Do let us know how you get on. xxx

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 2:59pm

Amazing Grace,

I will let you know how i get on surely..... the local hospital want me back next Monday at 9 am for another scan in the Early Pregnancy Clinic. In a way i wanna go becuz they may know more than the Gynae doctors as they would be more used to seeing what they are looking for. However my scan with the actual fertility clinic is on next wednesday and i talked to them today and they would rather i didnt go to the hospital scan and just go to theirs as they are correct with my dates whereas the hospital werent and the fertility clinic has calculated to the day when they expect to see something which is that wednesday!!!!!!

What would you all do?????

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 3:02pm

Personally id go to both, but thats only because im so impatient anyway, let alone in a horribly worrying situation like this!

I really hope it all works out hunny xx [zx127]
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 3:05pm

If it were me - I'd do both. Mostly because I know I wouldn't not be able to go to the Monday scan as i'd be climbing the walls and then i'd want to get further reassurance from those that know best! It won't hurt to do both as you are in the system for both you are entitled to.

Will be willing the week to go fast for you and thinking of you. xxx

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 3:08pm

Thanks Princess Rebekah,

I suppose going to both wud be the right thing to do but god i cant have another day with the hospital like i did yesterday...... my heart is in my mouth about it and i am dreading now seeing what i seen yesterday nothing but a sac :-(

May the Early Pregnancy Clinic will be different they might listen to what i have to say down there awh i dunno i will see how i feel nearer the time. My sis had twins ivf and she said she seen nothing but sacs at this stage and even later :pray: maybe ill be lucky

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 3:32pm

I went to my local EPU when i had a massive bleed at around 10 weeks. They were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO lovely and comforting and scanned me in detail and were really helpful hun. The only thing i will say is that in a few days, especially a week im sure they will be able to tell so much more and either way you could get a definate answer then. It really does depend whether you can last that long though. x
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 4:39pm

Princess Rebekah,

I can wait that long i only spotted for about 2 hours or so then it stopped and nothing since. I will go to the clinic on Monday as well and sure i can see i will just hold onto hopexx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 8:49pm

Oh goodness Cleo, what a time for you. Try and keep strong until the scan (whichever one you go to). I had quite a bleed when I was 5 weeks 2 days and thought it was game over but all is well, just waiting for my scan on friday now. I really hope everything goes well for you. As everyone else has says your clinic will know your dates etc so try not to worry too much about what the hospital said, especially as you've had no more bleeding and no cramps. Good luck!
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 8:31am

Thanks Net,

I am trying not to worry and you shouldnt either my fingers are crossed for your scan on Friday please let me know how you get on ..... U ladies all give me hope so thank you :xxx3:

On a positive note if you call it positive i had my first morning sickness this morning LOL maybe thats good

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 9:38am

Will be thinking of you Cleo honey! Stay positive :xxx3: :xxx3:
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Reg: Oct 19th 2010

Children: one IVF miracle, yippee!!!!!

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 10:34am

Hi Cleo,

I had spotting right upto 5 weeks and then had quite a big bleed at 5+6, then it stopped. My fertility clinic wouldn't scan me until 6+3 as they said they might not see the HB and it would cause further stress. They did however take bloods every other day and watched for HCG levels rising.

I know its sooo worrying when you see it but spotting/bleeding really is very common in early pregnancy, it can be a number of reasons and unless you have heavy bleeding and cramps aswell you shouldn't be too worried...(easier said than done I know!)

I hope the time passes quickly for you and that you get to see your LO's HB at your next scan hun, let us know how you get on..xx ;) xx

Me:32 DH:34 TTC:3yrs
IVF 1 2 & 3 BFN :bawl:
4th FET with Immunes March 12 :BFP: :pray: please stay with us :angel2:
bab22 Joseph William ~ Born 13/12/12 ~ 7.13lb!

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 11:30am

Thanks ladies for all your thoughts

I have decided to wait until my fertility clinic scan and not go to the hospital one.... the clinic has my dates correct so im gonna stick with them :thumbsup:

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 1:25pm

Hi Cleo

I'm so sorry you're going thoguh this but I just wanted to let you know that I had a scan at my fertility clinic at 5 and half weeks due to suspected ectopic and all they could see was the sac at that time.

Your scan at the fertility clinic will be more reliable as they are specially trained to scan in early pregnancy. I really hope that you see that little HB next week.

Thinking of you. xxx

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 2:23pm

Wannabe mum,

Thank you so much i am just holding on to every shred of hope i really hope she was just inexperienced and the equipment was as old as the hills the EPU wasnt open on sunday when i went up so they just used the scanner in Gynae

boobpoke babydust :sticky: :pray:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE