You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "kittenlove" started this thread

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Friday, June 29th 2012, 3:48pm

Can cyclogest cause thrush like symptoms? Advice needed please!

Hi everyone :bye:
I am still taking cyclogest pesseries rectally twice a day.I am 8 weeks :BFP: Now and have to continue with them till I am 12 weeks. My problem is today I noticed stinging down there :angry: and a thrush like feeling. Also a tiny bit of blood rectally . Sorry for TMI :tear: I am so uncomfortable now!
Has anyone else suffered with this at all? If so,can I use a cream of some kind?
Any advice would be appreciated :xxx3:
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Friday, June 29th 2012, 4:01pm

I'm not sure if cyclogest can cause thrush, I didn't get it with cyclogest - but with my last pregnancy I did suffer with thrush quite a bit. You can use the canesten pessary and cream, but I would get to a docs to check it out first, just to make sure it is thrush. If you can't get straight away I doubt a bit of normal canesten used externally will do any harm and may eases the symptoms - either that or natural live yoghurt can give relief!

Poor you!

RM
xxx

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, June 29th 2012, 5:51pm

The progesterone in the cyclogest makes you more prone to thrush. It can happen with the pill as well. The blood can be a bit of piles as progesterone also causes constipation, but get it all checked out.
The thrush may be just a bit of irritation so go and see your GP. The GP may tell you to take the canesten cream; however as you are pregnant you mustn't take anything without medical advice, even just on the phone but please seek proper medical advice.
Take care
Maria

waylou

Reg: Sep 30th 2011

Friday, June 29th 2012, 6:11pm

in my experience ive not had thrush symptoms whilst on cyclogest. ive been taking them for a month, but i take them rectally...ive heard its too much of a mess in the front. although just experienced the constipation. maybe you should switch from front passage to back???
:BFP: - IVF - 1st Cycle - June 2012 - [zx076] seen at 8w+1d measuring 16.7mm bab22

• "kittenlove" started this thread

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Friday, June 29th 2012, 6:24pm

I AM using them rectally at the moment........that's where the little bit of blood came from :tear: The whole area is just red raw and hurts when I wee.......oh the joys of fertility eh? [zx037]
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 7:15am

You need to contact either your clinic or your GP.
Please do.

lief

Ace

Reg: Aug 11th 2011

Children: none but very hopeful

Saturday, July 7th 2012, 6:57am

Hi, yes contact Dr.
My doc says thrush in pregnancy is very common and can be safely treated with Canesten.
I am still using the Cyclogest front and back side. Not sure if it is because of the Cyclogest but got a sensation in the back which could be a haemoroid. Went to Boots and was give Healar which is wonderfully soothing and herbal. As soon as I feel something, out comes the Healar!

Good luck, hope you feel contented and relaxed soon! Sounds off no?
me 35 dh 42
6 natural bfp all mcs
1 bfp thru ICSI June 2011 but mc
Sept 2011 FET with immuno meds BFN
Nov-Dec 2011 ICSI with Immuun tx BFP
Seen [zx076] [zx076] at 6.5, 8.5, 10.5 and 12.5 weeks

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…1046&highlight=
:angel2:

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests