You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "PrincessRebekah" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 3:15pm

Maternity leave

When did you/do you suggest starting maternity leave from work? In my head Id like to leave at 30 weeks but im already finding things tough at 21 weeks. I'll hopefully be delivering at 36 weeks. Just trying to get an idea of when ladies expecting twins or more usually look to go on maternity. x
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 3:57pm

I'm with you at 23 weeks I'm struggling am cutting my hours after this week. I had two jobs so I'm just dropping to one...like you was hoping to get to about 32 weeks, but realistically I might have to go earlier. Is your job flexible, working from home etc??

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 4:50pm

I work 32 hours a week - monday to thursday. I work in an office so its not manual labour :snigger: but im finding im shattered through the day and so uncomfortable! I dont want to drop my hours because it effects maternity pay etc. Also, it looks like il be having a section at 36 weeks so dont know if they base my due date then or on my 'medical' due date of 40 weeks. x

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 10:28am

I'm going at 30 weeks as my MW recommended it. So far I've felt okay but I'm only 19+3 so that could change in the next few weeks.

Most maternity policies state that you cannot start maternity leave until your 29th week of pregnancy. However, if you're really struggling I would suggest you see your GP and ask to be signed off. I've know ladies having twins to be signed off from around 24 weeks.

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 10:33am

Yeah ive heard of that too. If they give you a section date which is earlier than 40 weeks, (lets say 36 weeks like in my case), do they use that as your due date or stick to 40 weeks? x

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 2:05pm

Your due date is always 40 weeks after your last period (or with IVF, the date of EC). If you have a planned section at 36 weeks, it will be four weeks before your 40 week date.

I was supposed to leave at 32 weeks, but hadn't quite finished up and had a high profile speaking engagement at 32+3. My early labour pains started just as I stood up to speak - I was introducing the most senior judge in the country to 300 lawyers - so I huffed and puffed my way through it, went home and delivered twins (actually it was 4 days later, but it sounds better that way)!

I wished I'd stopped at 29 weeks (which is the earliest permitted by law). I feel that I would have avoided such an early delivery if I had taken it a bit easier. Even if you don't start maternity leave that early, you could ask to shorten your hours and reduce your workload over the next few weeks. Most employers would be willing to agree that.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010