You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "PrincessRebekah" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 1:35pm

20 week scan tomorrow- questions.

As the title says at 11.25 tomorrow we'll hopefully be seeing our babies!

What exactly do they check on this scan? We already know its two boys. What questions should i be asking?

Im going to ask whether they know if theyre identical or not after the confusion, not that im expecting to get an answer. Is thee anything or anyone have any tips about what i should be asking etc? x

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 2:17pm

Hi, at the 20 week scan they take lots of measurements (legs, head, belly etc) they check the organs aswell and people can find out the sex but you already know. If you think of any questions write them down coz once I saw my lo I couldnt remember anything I wanted to ask lol. Enjoy :) xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 4:04pm

Hi

They might be able to tell you if they are identical or not, we know ours are not as they have two very distinct sacs and placentas - worth asking! Don't worry if they go very quiet for quite a while, they just have a lot to do and then they should take you through all the measurements they have taken and but your mind at rest.

RM
xx

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 7:52pm

I always tell people (espeically with twins) to ask for the sonographer to check the length of your cervix. When I went for my 20 week scan, Elliot's placenta was lying really low so they could see my cervix was funnelling and shortened. They didn't used to check routinely but now they do at every 20 week scan at that particular hospital. They may try and fob you off and say that it isn't routine and that they don't check that sort of things, but I would definitely push for them to check if you feel able to. It really is so important.

Other than that.....enjoy x
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 12:05am

After Hayley's experience I asked for my cervix to be checked and explained why, they didn't see the need but did it to reassure me, good luck and enjoy!
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 7:49pm

FB I am so pleased you asked though - until it happens, they don't seem to see the need.......I would definitely push for it. The sonographer that saw me at my 20 week scan that in the months the twins were in hospital (three), she had two further patients with the same issue. One lady sadly lost her twins but the other they caught just in time (as they did with me) and all is well. I wish they would just do it as a matter of course you know.....takes minutes but could save lives!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE