You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "PrincessRebekah" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 4:25pm

Uterus question..

I've been having a very uncomfy pain just above my belly button, it stretches the entire length of my belly it seems and is very firm/solid. Could this be my uterus? I'm just over 19 weeks and cant find much about where your uterus should be at 19 weeks with twins, but on a singleton the say just below the belly button.

It's so hard and painful sometimes it makes me worry a little. Any one else experience this? My belly is growing so much atm ive got some quite nasty looking stretch marks on the front of my tummy already! x

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 6:50pm

Hi

Yes it probably is your uterus, mine was about there are 21 weeks and I've had some bad stretching pains, just to warn you my stretchy pains have spread to my ribs! I also get sore spots where the babies press up against the uterus wall too, so the hard sore bits could be babies! I've have found this twin pregnancy far more un comfy than a single, and the rate I am growing is unbelievable, but I am sure it is all normal! As for stretch marks, just learn to love them they will fade in time and cover yourself in as much bio oil or cocoa butter as possible!

If you are worried juts go and see your mid wife I'm sure she will put your mind at rest

RM
xxx

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 8:40am

Hi Becky, are your twins sharing a placenta or do they have one each...you've probably said but my forgetful pregnant head can't remember!

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 8:50am

I was told there were two placenta's but at the very next scan that it looked like one, so i really dont know at all! x

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 9:01am

As you're babies grow it gets harder to tell how many placentas there are. I just wondered as I've been told to watch out for signs of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome as they know I only have one placenta. The symptoms to look out for are tightening of the tummy, abdominal pain and rapid bump growth. I might be worth asking about it at your scan next week but if you're babies have been measuring pretty much the same in size so far then it's unlikely that it's TTTS.

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 9:02am

Theyre measuring within a day of each other, but my 20 week scan is wednesday so im going to write down all the questions I want to ask before hand and ask them when Im there. My memory is awful and i get easily side tracked watching them on the screen. x

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 8:42pm

I really am not sure to be honest - I remember when I went for a scan just before my little ones were born that I was measuring 38 weeks (and was only just 25)!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, June 18th 2012, 8:19am

WOW!! Hehe!! I think thats what I'll be like Hayley. People cant believe im only 20 weeks! x