You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "pheobe" started this thread

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 7:07am

White Coat Syndrome

I feel somewhat stupid saying this after all the IVF we have been through but I actually have a phobia which mainly dwells around blood pressure taking.

I am sure I am alone on this lmao and I know it's absolutely crazy in the norm I don't have high blood pressure I am average but put a cuff on my arm and my heart starts racing and I always get a comment but it's like a panic button gets set oIf :S

I always mention it but sometimes people just don't get it and end up saying something to make it worse.

I think having spent a longtime evaluating why I am like this it's a fear they are going to tell me there is something wrong. I used to spend a lot of time with my Grandad who in later years used to take his own bp in front of us. I think the fact he retired, stayed with us one Xmas and died of a heart attack perhaps I associate it.

I tried hypnotherapy years back but that was rubbish and now I want to do all I can to protect my babies from their silly irrational mother :whistling:

Any ideas? Am I alone?

I have my own and think I will take it each day see if I get used to it ;(
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 11:01am

Hi Phoebe

You are so NOT alone hun. I am the same!!! Sit me in the doctors waiting room, i reckon my bp's fine, walk me into their room and i swear i can feel it rising. Funnily enough though, while i was pregnant my bp was absolutely fine!! Go figure!!!!

I'm almost certain your association with your grandad is what triggers your rising bp. Do they not make those bp monitor things you can wear round your wrist or are they just for heart rate? If there was something like that you could wear over a 24 hour period, the docs would soon realise your bp is basically normal. I'm sure it is white coat syndrome, i'm actually a nurse but i work with sick children and the doctors aren't allowed to wear white coats in paediatrics!! :snigger:

So glad you wrote this post, i'm not a freak afterall!!

blowkiss

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 4:38pm

Nope, you are not alone! I think lots of people are like this, my Mum for one! She has high blood pressure anyway and is on tablets for it but her GP always has to take several readings as it always goes sky high when she goes to have it checked. In fact she was recently asked to take it herself at home with her own monitor and keep a record and then take her machine into the doctor so they could do a reasonable comparison. Perhaps you could do the same and keep a record to show your doctor/midwife?

I don't have an answer, I would just try and explain that having your BP checked makes you anxious. If it's any consolation I come out in a cold sweat at the very thought of a blood test and have to ask to lie down in case I pass out - and I've given birth with no pain relief!! It's funny the things that get you isn't it!

Many :congrats: on your BFP!

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE