You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "RunningMum" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Monday, June 4th 2012, 6:28pm

Comfy seats to breast feed twins

Hi

Just wondering if I can pick people brains on the comfiest places to breastfeed twins. From what I've read nursing chairs aren't practical, but a double sofa is better as you can sit in the middle, put your pillow round your middle and scoop the either side......so for the nursery I'm thinking of getting a double futon and foot stool? Does any one have any hints or tips? To start with I'll just breastfeed in bed with the twins next to me, but I know with DS I found he settled better in his own room after a month or so, so I'm thinking ahead!

Thanks

RM
xxx

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Monday, June 4th 2012, 10:02pm

I used an ez twin feeding pillow and found in bed was the easiest. Don't go to too much expense as it is difficult and one may feed better than the other. I ended up feeding them separately as it is difficult to know wether they are feeding or just comforting. Good luck twins are hard work but fantastic :)

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 8:46am

Thanks for the advice Kirstin
RM

BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:42pm

Hi!
I found my bed uncomfortable as it's quite soft, also with legs outstretched my back started to hurt, plus there was no room left for DH once I started, so sofa it's been and I wish I had a good footstool, just never got round to getting one.
I too use the San diego twin feeding pillow (in lime green!) and it's been really good, I know there are others, a German one that I can't remember the name of that also looked good and serves the same purpose, but I got mine second hand from someone on here as I wasn't sure I'd be able to bf at all so didn't want to spend the £80.
Congrats btw!
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 6:05pm

Thanks fuzzybee, I remember that with DS, I don't mind kicking DH out of bed in to the spare room for a few weeks, but after that I think I will use sofa / futon with footstool in spare room. Am also going to try and get second hand EZ 2 or san diego

RM
x

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 1:27pm

Hi, I know you posted this a while ago, but when I BF my twins, I used an EZ 2 Nurse pillow (the foam version as I couldn't get on with the inflatable one), sitting on the sofa, with cushions under the sides of the nursing pillow to stop them rolling off. At night I used the same pillow but in bed. I tried lots of ways before I got my lifesaving EZ. I had a standard bead filled pillow, but the boys would tend to slide between the pillow and me, so attached tapes to the back of it and I would sit on a chair (first an IKEA 'poang' chair, then a nursing chair), with the tapes going round the back of the chair. I'd position the chair between the sofa and the coffee table, put one baby on the sofa, the other on the table, sit down and get the babies one at a time. It worked.. sometimes! So yes I'd recommend a sofa and an EZ. I never bothered putting my feet up. I tandem fed when at home, did them one at a time when out, and also when they got so big and heavy that they squashed the cushion too much and didn't have room for their legs. My handy tip is try to avoid baby one docking on before you've got baby two on the pillow, otherwise he can't stay on when you twist to pick the second one up. Was difficult because my 2 were so hungry that they would be desperate to get their feed.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread: