You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Monday, June 4th 2012, 11:51am

Havent gained any weight in the last 2 weeks

Hi Ladies,
I am 32 weeks on Thursday and so far I have gained 25 lbs. I gained weight quite rapidly but was the same with my first pregnancy (although i think i gained a bit more with DD1). I weigh myself every week or so...i dont really keep track but have noticed that for the past 2 weeks i haven't gained anything and have in fact lost a pound! I havent changed my eating habits. Does it sound like theres something wrong?
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Monday, June 4th 2012, 12:06pm

...oh and everyone keeps commenting on how sall my bump is (i had similar comments with DD1) but at my 28 week appointment my bump measured 28 cm but it just feels like i havent grown since

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Monday, June 4th 2012, 5:16pm

Have you seen your midwife recently. If so I am sure they would have said if your bump was too small. If you are worried I would ring them for a chat & I am sure they will see you straight away. It might just be that you are burning more calories now than you are eating, especially as you are getting closer to the end of your pregnancy. Have you felt your LO moving as normal?

Monday, June 4th 2012, 8:51pm

I havent had an appointment since 28 weeks. She seems to be moving, kicking and prodding as normal and im not overly concerned about how small my bump looks as i remember the same thing with DD1 but i am worried about the weight gain issue :(

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, June 4th 2012, 9:33pm

Hi Jen

I wouldn't worry about it at all as long as your baby is moving as it should and you are measuring within the guidelines. If my memory is right with your second baby you get your next MW appointment at 34 weeks, if you don't want to wait that long to get checked out it won't hurt give your MW a call.

I lost 8lb when I was 33 weeks pg with our DD2, I had D & V didn't eat for 36 hours afterwards. I still measured at the right amount of weeks and my DD suffered no ill effects from it, when I phoned my MW she said my body would protect our baby and not to worry unless I couldn't keep drink down and that my body would use it's reserves to make sure our baby was nourished.

Oh and people said my bump was small with both our girls, I'm small so my bumps were never going to be massive. I seem to remember reading before that you aren't a big person so you aren't going to look the size of a house and I bet none of the people that said that to you were MW's or doctors.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 7:22am

Thanks Polly :) it may well have been the warm weather and 2bh i've been really craving fruit lately but i think i will phone up and make an appointment (you're right - my next appointment is 34 weeks). The drs / mw have never been concerned about my size...just everyone else :S

thanks again x

19verve

United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 7:31am

Gosh your pg is flying by. I really would not worry. You LO will get everything they need from you and you have gained weight up til now. I only put in 18 pound with dd and she weighed 9 pound 2!!! :)

19verve

United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 7:32am

When is Lydias birthday must be soon?

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 1:43pm

thanks verve :) yes it's going by so quickly. The funny thing is I hated gaining so much weight but now im losing some it's panicked me! With Lydia I just carried on gaining so i guess i just expected the same thing this time round...according to my scales ive lost another lb now (i know, i know - step away from the scales)

Yes my little lady is 3 on Saturday :) 3 years has just flown - how about your LO?

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:38pm

:wave:
Hi!
I just thought I'd post my experience. I was 63kg when I started my IVF cycle, 69kg at my heaviest during pregnancy. I was carrying twins! I am now the lightest I've been since I got married 9years ago. I ate as much as my little tummy could hold during pregnancy, not always healthy but well, I just didn't have enough space. The babies turned up at 37weeks weighing 4 and 5lbs. They always measured small but well enough and noone was worried except me. Like you a tiny bump especially when I said it was twins people would look aghast. I like you would jump on scales wherever I saw them!! Slightly obsessed me! I did stop using the Wii though cos it kept telling me I'd been eating too much!!!
I've stopped feeling guilty about the babies not growing enough because of me. They just ran out of room! I've started to be grateful for the best weightloss regime I could have ever asked for!
LIke the others have said if noone else is concerned and your baby is moving and measuring well on scans then I wouldn't worry, I wish you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy, stop worrying and enjoy it!
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 9:18pm

Thank you fuzzy bee :) and congrats on your twins! I know - it's always after someone makes a comment that i weigh myself so probably never would have noticed the slight fluctuations. thanks so much for the reassurance :) I'm going to try and get an appointment for thursday or friday and ask the mw to measure my fundal height....which i did attempt to do i it did seem to come out at 30/31 cm but then i could be doing it wrong :S x

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 4:43pm

just a quick update (for anyone else who experiences weight loss) I had a mw appointment today and she said losing a bit of weight is fine especially if i've gained 25 ish lbs already. She said they only monitor weight with mums who are underweight/overweight to begin with so she is not concerned. phew :)

After 3 more "omg your bump is tiny" comments since my last post i asked the mw to measure my fundal height and im actually measuring 34 weeks (im 32 weeks today) so that was a shock! I figure that its because I have a fairly long torso so she must be growing up rather than out. anywayz panic over :) x

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 9:35pm

I'm glad all is well. :)

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests