You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:30pm

Totally. I cannot see what harm cuddling a newborn would do. I mean, its not like they're suddenly going to become so attached. Its all new and they need cuddles and reassurance. My O rarely wants cuddles either :sadface: way to independent!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 8:32pm

Jasper - glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm still bfing, and occasionally get lumps in my breasts - I think it is when my supply increases every so often, but they aren't painful.

louise - we have been mix feeding since very early on, in part because LO was in the SCBU the first couple of days, and was getting formula as well as donor breast milk until I was able to start bfing properly once we came home at 4 days old. We settled into a routine by about week 3 or 4 I think, of me bfing most of the time (it felt like ALL the time for a while), and DH giving her a bottle of formula last thing at night - we are still doing this at nearly 16 weeks and it works well for us. My supply adjusted fairly quickly, and I don't leak anymore, even with a gap from her final bf at about 7.30pm, to her overnight feed at anything between 3am and 5am (she has the formula at 10.30pm). For me, it didn't interfere with my supply other than I don't produce so much in the evenings - I don't have problems feeding her the rest of the day. You just have to be careful not to give in to the temptation to top him up with formula during the day, because that WILL interfere with supply - he is feeding regularly in order to get your supply going, it will settle down eventually. I understand why people advise caution over mix feeding - it is sooo tempting to just give in and give an extra bottle (in my case DH was desperate to do this, as he hated seeing me so tired and stressed, and he felt it was the only thing he could do to help), but it can work if you stick to the one a day. I found the 2-week point the hardest, it was painful, tiring, and I couldn't imagine doing it for another day let alone months! But it did get easier, and I am so happy I stuck at it, but I know it is not easy!! As for cuddles - enjoy them while you can :) At some point you'll need to start getting him to settle to sleep without cuddles or feeding to sleep, but at this stage, I wouldn't worry about it! I can also strongly recommend a Ewan Dream Sheep - our LO loves him, and it stopped her from trying to wriggle back into our bed (she is in an alongside-cot) at about week 4, as she just stares adoringly at him. Prior to that I usually had to let her fall asleep on me, then carefully move her over - of course she usually woke up so we had to start again :)

I'm absolutely shattered at the moment - LO has gone from sleeping from 7.30 - 4.30, then again to about 6.30 (with a bottle feed at 10.30), to waking at 2 or 3am, then being awake on and off most of the rest of the night - been going on for about 2 weeks now. I think they can have a regression at this stage, but I hope she gets over it soon, I am soooo tired right now! At least she does go down easily in the evenings - I'm off to an early bed now to try and grab some sleep!
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 1:43am

Hi all thanks for your thoughts and reassurance. Well last night dh gave ds bottle
Of formula (on advice from health visitor) before bed (10.30 feed) to try and ds has been griping ever since! He took the bottle fine - he'd had a expressed bottle last night and went 4 hours after :) so I'm currently having a good old cuddle (from advice from you lovely ladies) and hope that his tummy settles after next bf. Will stick to expressed milk me thinks for the time being and try him on formula in another few weeks. Decision made! Just got to get through the night :) x

Caraz hope lo settles down a bit soon! It's so tiring isn't it especially when you think that phase is behind you.

Flic- hey :) the professionals have made me so paranoid and worried about falling asleep with him!!? Also mum in spare bed and moment and dh back at work so I'm on the sofa. Thanks for the reassurance re the cuddles - so much conflicting advice my head is ready to explode!

Got gina fords book today- I think I will pick things out from it but I couldn't stick to that routine like she recommends to that extent as I think it would send me over the edge but some of the things she writes are already ringing true. I didnt have a book so it's good as a reference point too xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 8:00am

You sound much more chilled Louise. Seriuosly before you know it he will be so indepenent and you will be begging him for a cuddle! :hugs:

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 9:48am

Am I setting myself up for future problems?!!!?!
Zachary used to be a good sleeper but ever since he got poorly last week he keeps waking between 5-6.30 we haven't got anywhere to sit in his room so I bring him upstairs to our room and lay him in bed with us he has his bottle then we all go back to sleep!! Dp keeps moaning at me about it, saying he is going to get used to it!! But I really love our morning cuddles when we do wake up again later on when dp has gone work!! Just don't no if I'm setting myself up for more problems him always wanting to come in our bed etc
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 10:45am

Morning girls

caraz - i feel your pain i'm also shattered and so is dh, ds has been going to bed at 7.30pm for maybe 10 days now, he had been going 4.30-5.30am which i know is great but after his feed he will only go back down for 30-60 min then he's wide awake, the last few days we have had several problems, he has started crying in his sleep and is very restless the whole night, at one point i looked in and he was moving his head from one side to the other so quickly i felt dizzy, then last night he only went to 3.30am

i also feel we have started a bad habit in swaddling him because he is obsessed with eating his fingers and his startle reflex is awful so swaddling him really does work for him but again the last few nights i have noticed when he's restless he can now get his arms out so i now have the added worry of the swaddle going near his face, anyone else have this problem or any suggestions? what do you lo go to sleep in growbags? does the startle reflex go away at a certain age?

cheenab - i used to do the same in the early days but then stopped, the other day we were trying to set nap times, put ds in his crib in our room, he screamed, put him in cot in his own room, he just wouldn't settle so gave up, i had some washing to put away so lay ds on my bed and when i looked ds was sleeping and slept for 40min.

when have you put lo in there own room or when are you thinking of doing it?

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 10:50am

I have to say I think if you keep putting him in your bed he will get used to it. Our ds1 got used to falling asleep on our bed at night and took ages get him out of it. It's so hard when they poorly though and they just need their mummy!

Try get him back to sleeping on his own ASAP.

I think you need to set a time limit. Ds1 is allowed in our bed after 7am but usually that's to watch a DVD and its incredibly rare!

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 4:06pm

Cheenab, I let lily have her first bottle and nap in our bed at the weekends because dh could then have lots of cuddles but now she has porridge with her first bottle we cant do it anymore :(
Sasha, we put lo in her own room at 4 months as she out grew her moses basket :(
Xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Caraz

United Kingdom

Friday, October 19th 2012, 3:47pm

afternoon ladies

we had a slightly better night last night, after I only managed an hours sleep on Wednesday!! Not Niamh's fault, I just didn't drop off until about 4.30am :( She's having an afternoon nap right now - I am going to try and get into the habit of giving her some nap time during the day, see if that helps overnight at all. Left to herself she'll be awake most of the day with only little catnaps occasionally in the buggy or car.

sasha - Niamh does that rapid head rolling thing too, it worried me the first time I saw it, but according to google it is a normal self-settling thing. Still looks freaky though! She sleeps in a grobag, never tried swaddling as she didn't seem to need it. Naptimes I just put a cellular blanket over her, I don't change her or anything. She naps in the big cot in the nursery, nights she is still in with us. I think the startle reflex does wear off at a few months old, not sure when exactly though.

Talking to friends at the baby group, it seems most of the babies around the same age are all going through this altered sleeping pattern - must be a normal phase for 3/4 month olds. There were a couple of newborns at the group yesterday (4 and 5 weeks) - they looked so tiny, and ours all look so big next to them!! Can't believe how much they have grown :)

louise - sounds like a plan, I think once you have made the decision, whatever that is, it becomes a lot easier - we were messing about with bf, expressing, and ff for the first few weeks and I found it quite tiring, much easier once a routine (for us) was established.
Caraz

IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, October 20th 2012, 8:56am

Morning girls

Caraz - ds is the same with only catnaps, was at a friends ds 1st birthday yesterday and the other mums were shocked my ds was awake all day lol, we tried to do nap time this week as dh was on holiday but ds wasn't amused so we gave in.

We are seriously thinking of moving ds to his own room, he stayed with my parents last night, they haven't quite got the hang of swaddling so ds managed to wriggle free several times duing the night, although he didn't wake up he was wriggling about and kept my parents awake, i feel a bit apprehensive about it but we do have a baby monitor and sensor pad but it's not quite the same as having him right next to me.

Hope you all have a good weekend

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?

Saturday, October 20th 2012, 1:53pm

Noisy sleeper!
We have come the conclusion that ds is a noisy sleeper- he gripes and groans and cries in his sleep which sounds awful but must be the way he sleeps - any hints or tips? Is this normal or is he in pain etc? X

Sasha I think whenever you feel they are ready. My brother put his dd in her own room at 3 months. Can't really advise from own experience but others seem to have them in their own room before 6 months xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Caraz

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 20th 2012, 10:21pm

louise - dd is very noisy too! She grunts and groans, and woke herself up farting this morning!! Lately, she has taken to doing the most horrible groaning, straining kind of noise when she is asleep or restless and trying to settle herself back down. It sounds absolutely awful, but I guess is normal - not nice right next to me at 4am though!!
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, October 21st 2012, 10:52am

All the noises and moving are perfectly normal. It's much easier when they in their own room. I find ds sleeps better in there cause he got more room and he isn't disturbed by us moving.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, October 21st 2012, 8:31pm

hi girls

louise - ds was the same it drove my dh nuts, he used to grunt but would be sleeping, he has stopped now but is loud in other ways, i found swaddling helped.

Well last night swaddled ds to get him to sleep, at 10pm i noticed he was already about to get his hands out so took the plunge and un wrapped the swaddle and to my surprise he was fine and slept until 4.30am, a little earlier than normal but can't complain, so tonight didn't put the swaddle on, he wriggled and moaned for about 10min before he fell asleep woohoo.
Hope i haven't just jinxed myself.

Hope your all well

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 7:54pm

Worried :(

Got ds weighed today, he weighs 16lb 5oz.. I had him last weighed the beginning of this month so 3 weeks ago and he was 16lb 3oz.. Meaning he has only put on 2oz in 3 weeks, he has been having porridge, bananas etc as well as his milk so I thought surely he would be gaining a bit, the woman didn't seem to think it was a problem and he is still following the 25th centile line.
I'm just so worried he's not putting on enough weight, he's rolling about now and moving around in his walker so obviously more active!! Am I just worrying when I shouldn't be?!

Hope everyone is ok :) x

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 7:56pm

Please don't worry although mine are chunks they go through periods of not much weight gain. When food is introduced it's hit and miss. And I bet lo is moving more as well.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• "Curlytails" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 8:14pm

Don't worry Cheenab, their weight gain does slow down at 6 months and if he is following his line then there is no cause for concern.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 10:00pm

Try not to worry, if he's more active he'll be burning off his calories. If hv not concerned then im sure all is well xx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 10:50pm

Thanks ladies,
Just cant help but worry!!!
The HV there was pretty useless tbh!! I mentioned about BLW how i'm worrying about him choking etc, and her response dont worry he'll bring it back up if he can!! Asked what i should start off giving him, her response.. everything!!!!
Great help... Not :P

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 12:02am

oh hun! don't worry about weight gain, 3 weeks isn't lomg enough between weigh ins, there should be a growth spurt around 6 months and then weight doesn't go up as quickly, that;s why they recommend you weigh them every 2months after they're 6months old (which is like torture! I still have to wait another 2weeks!!) DS isn't even on the bottom centile line but he follows his own line and so hv don't worry and I'd say finally I've stopped worrying too!

as for blw start off with steamed carrot sticks (bigger than the ready cut batons you get in shops, cos they overcook easily) and cucumber sticks. That;s what I tried the first couple of days, then after that I added a vegetable every couple of days (steamed celery sticks, baby corn, red peppers, courgette, roasted parsnip, butternut squash, sweet potato) I tried most things available in morrisons!! Then I started adding fruits, anything ripe, plums and pears are a favourite.
The choking is only initially and it only seems bad because babies gag reflex is so far forwards that to start with everything makes them choke/gag, but I have never had to intervene, they always gag away and then cough out what was bothering them, usually skin off something. Now they are proficient at sucking off all the yummy bits and leaving my skin with nothing on it (I used to eat their discarded food but there's less of it now!!)
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 2:53am

FB that's amazing how well they're doing BLW!! I loved it!! My favourite is corn on the cob, there's nothing like watching a tiny little person try stuff a corn on the cob in their mouths!! And chicken legs with the thin bone taken out. That's a good one!

Cheena, you can give them everything!! Small things like peas are great to help develop fine motor skills, they pick up bits of fluff and muck off the floor sooner than you know it!!

Broccoli is another good one, mango sticks - tesco do some pre cut ones which are skinned and not so slimy so they can hold them and they're only a quid!

I also think it helps get into good eating habits and table manners. I can take O anywhere to eat and she'll sit and wait for her food (albeit playing with the napkin and stuff) and she eats it up when it arrives. There is also nothing more satisfying than watching them eat ice cream and loving it (obviously when they're a bit older) O loves it so much she tries to lick the bowl out!! So funny!! Plus she eats in moderation, if she's hungry she'll tell me, if she's not she won't eat anything, not even biscuits!! It's like she knows that food is for filling her up but only to eat if she needs it.

Love it!!

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 9:30pm

Broccoli makes the stinkiest farts/poos, be warned!! but they do love it, I've started making broccoli/pasta bakes which they love, but what's not to love about a cheesy sauce!

And I agree Flic ready cut mango, and also pineapple cos let's face it who can be bothered to sit there cutting one of those! The one thing they love but I hate is banana because they just mush it into everything and it's a right pain to clean, banana hair and face masks, banana floor cleaner, banana hand gel, just banana everywhere, so I'm afraid I am not going near bananas til they're a bit older!! Terrible eh?!

The other fun thing is that you go from these massive sticks of food to small pieces (has to be sticks to start so they can grab it and the food pokes out from either end of their fist, cos that's the only way the can grip to start with) they used to bite off the poking out bits but leave the bit in their fist as they couldn't get to it, but one day they start opening their fists up and yamming that bit in their mouths too, and hey presto suddenly they're able to pick up peas, sweetcorn kernels, cereal, ah it's magic, I love it, so glad I'm doing it and Flic has been a fab source of info!
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Flic (26.10.2012)

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 10:02pm

Thanks ladies :D
Well today he had some toast, not a massive step.. but a start!! ;)
And he loved it!!! also had a couple of runner beans off my plate at dinner!!! xx

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, October 26th 2012, 8:22am

Runner beans!! I used to love them!! And toast is always good!

Pretty much anything! I have a great pic of O looking like an Umpa Lumpa after a tomato pasta bake!! Her whole face was orange. Straight in the bath job that!!

When I did it I went for 3 meals a day, basically giving her whatever was on my plate and we'd eat together. It quickly established a good routine for us.

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, October 26th 2012, 9:11am

morning girls

just weighed ds on my scales and he weighs a stone :)

first month of maternity wages :-( really doesn't go very far

hope your all well

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, October 26th 2012, 12:06pm

I know what you mean about wages, I got paid on wednesday and by wednesday lunch time I was overdrawn again :-( xx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, October 26th 2012, 1:30pm

That's why I'm going back to work at 7 months :sadface: maternity pay just doesn't stretch far enough :(

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, October 26th 2012, 1:53pm

I am making he most of my maternity pay as I am too scared to work it out but I reckon after paying childcare I will be earning about £50 per week for 26 hours! :S

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, October 26th 2012, 2:28pm

Haven't worked mine out yet but I must be paid soon. Ct I didn't realise that- is that full time? What are you plans for little man? Xx
Jasper that's shocking- the cost of childcare is so big. Guess you need to think fairly earn about it to get it sorted? Xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, October 26th 2012, 2:32pm

Nursery will work out at £11 an hour for them both and childminder £8 an hour, they will do 2 days at each. From September DS is eligible or nursery funding which will make a small dent in the bill!

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, October 26th 2012, 2:37pm

I'll got enough leave saved up to only go back 3 days a week , so I'll be paid full time but working part time until April. MIL will have him on a Monday, DH gets either 1 or 2 days off per week (as he works weekends) so will look after him and my sister will help on the other days. We'll see how it goes...

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, October 26th 2012, 2:38pm

It's so much! I guess that when the funding kicks in it will reduce it (hopefully the government won't do away with that!!) what do you do jasper? X
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, October 26th 2012, 2:40pm

Seems like a plan ct. When did you start thinking about it? Nursery places I guess you need to think about it sooner rather than later for places? Xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, October 26th 2012, 2:44pm

That sounds like a good plan CT as you will have no childcare bill!!! What will happen after April?

I am a Demand Planner, lookong at spreadsheets and forecasts all day! Terrible to think that I would have more spare cash if I was on jobseekers! If it wasnt for the funding at 3 I would be paying to go to work!! I put Imogens name down at nursery when I was 6 months pg! I still need to sort a childminder though.

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, October 26th 2012, 2:46pm

I've been burying my head in the sand! headsand headsand

Our trouble is that DH doesn't have set days off and we couldn't find a flexible nursery. Plus we were looking at 45-50 per day and I didn't want to be paying that if I could help it. I'm lucky that my boss is really understanding and should be okay with me swapping days around.

Oh and after April I'll hopefully drop down to part time officially.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, October 26th 2012, 2:48pm

O my goodness jasper lol!! That's organised - I wasn't even acknowleding I was pg let alone thinking about childcare lol! Best give it some thought in the next little while then xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, October 26th 2012, 3:33pm

I've had O in preschool 2 days per week since she was 2. Until then luckily I've been able to do flexible hours and fitting Uni in around it too :D

The preschool she's at is £24 per day from 9 till 3.

Childcare can be so expensive.

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 9:11pm

Hi girls

Just catching up on the childcare chat, i emailed a nursery the other day but it's £40 a day, hoping ill only need one day and sort the rest between myself, dh and my parents, also trying to sort out reducing my days but extending hours, it's quite stressful but i'm sure it will sort itself.

Me and ds loaded with the cold :poorly: and ds is getting christened tomor ive done a :hallo5: theme for the kids

Totally exhausted haven't stopped all day.

Away to catch the end of x factor

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 11:29pm

Sasha hope you ds has a lovely christening and that you are all better too xx love the theme by the way! Xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, October 28th 2012, 6:25am

Hope the Christening goes well. I have been busy preparing for a Halloween party this afternoon with 7 2 yr olds and 3 babies!!! :pumpkin:

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, October 28th 2012, 8:45pm

hi girls

had a fab day today although were all totally exhausted, ds was fab so well behaved i'm a very proud mummy today :)

jasper - hope the party went well

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, October 29th 2012, 9:08pm

Hi girls

Quick question - i no a lot of you bf but looking for some advice, now i no they say babies can't over eat, well in ds case i'm not so sure, he still gets 5 bottles a day and in total gets 36oz in a day and i feel he is still hungry, he goes to bed at 7.30pm and wakes normally 5.30am at earliest sometimes 4.30am and when he wakes we can hear his wee tummy rumbling, he gets a bigger bottle at night but still wakes up with a rumbling tummy, should i be uping his bottles to give him more? Also i was thinking of starting baby rice at 4 months, i know they say 6 months but there's no way ds is going to manage that long he will be chewing his arm off, he already chews his fingers :laugh:
I also weighed him on my scales and he weighed a stone, he's not fat but a big boy and very long.
Did anyone else start some solids so early?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, October 29th 2012, 10:54pm

Hi Sasha, Lily was on 5 bottles a day (35oz in total) at the same age as your lo, I then increased each bottle to 8oz and suprisingly she went to 4 bottles a day. I would increase the amount in the bottles before trying solids. If you do decide to try solids I would maybe discuss it with your hv or gp first xx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Monday, October 29th 2012, 11:22pm

Well becoming a parent brings out all sorts of information, I found out that I was started on babyrice at 6weeks! Yep you heard, as that's what my ma was told to do back in the dark ages!! In saying that I'm still here, not in too bad shape!
There's a lot of reasons not to start solids too early, babies gut isn't fully developed, increased risk of allergies, all sorts of things, equally if there is a medical reason then it can be the right thing to do, but as Kat said speak to your hv or doctor first.
Are you doing a dreamfeed at 11pm? I never really got the hang of it but it seems to work for lots of others, maybe that would solve the early waking? good luck!
[zx102]

MY DIARY

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 5:21am

Obviously I'm not at that point but my nieces and nephews were all given solids before 6 months and I have many friends that gave their babies baby rice before the 6 month point.
Lol fb it is true - you do find out some things! 6 weeks though lol!!

Anyone want to share their feed routines with me? I'm struggling with the structure - how do you get them to go longer at night? Gina ford is a bit too regimented but he only goes 3 hrs before a feed so either he isn't getting enough? Or comfort? X all I do is ask you guys questions xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 8:42am

Morning girls

thanks for advice, i'm not sure a dream feed would work because he suffers from reflux, i also go to bed quite early to cope with ds all day as dh works long shifts.

louise - i have always ff but in the early days i would feed at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm then a bath about 9.30pm last bottle at 10pm then i would see when he went through the night, from about 7 weeks ds would go down about 9pm then about 10weeks i realised i was having to lift ds from a sleep for his last bottle, we now feed at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 7pm then whenever he wakes in the night. have you tried swaddling? we are trying to get away from it now but when we started doing it ds would sleep an extra 2 hours.

hope you all have a nice day

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 9:03am

Sasha thanks we have a swaddle suit or sleeping bag and that definitely has helped but he just feeds randomly at night and I think some of it might be comfort but its just so draining breastfeeding xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 1:07pm

We do a dream feed at 9.30 which isnt too late but seems to do the trick! Last night we didnt do it and at 5am this morning I realised tht we should have as she was awake!!

Louise its still veryvearly days and feeding 3 hourly seems perfectly normal to me. My advice would be to ditch the books and go with the flow!! We dont have a set rotine but that means we can be flexible depending on what we have planned for the day. We are out and about everyday an routines such as Gina Ford dont allow for that flexibility. The only thing that is the same every day is bath at 6 followed by bottle and in bed for 7. I was ekkn to establish this so that it fits in with DS. Do you need to hzve a routine, could you just go with the flow and let your LO lead on feed and nap times?x

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 2:02pm

Louise, as Jasper says 3hrs is completly normal. I think lily went every 3 hrs with at least one night feed until about 12/14 weeks. We just fed on demand so cant really help with a routine, but generally I think it was around 7am, 10am,1pm, 4pm, bath and bed around 7pm, 11pm then an early morning feed around 3am xx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 2:20pm

At most he'll go is 3 hours and that would be fine but today, for example from last night he feed 5pm 6pm 9.30, 11.30pm (for over an hour here!) 3.30, 4.30, 5.30 7, 9 and 11. He just seems to be all over the place and not settling inbetween during the night. I'm off to the doctors in a bit with him as I just want him checked over and advice- he was very calm and settled to start first 3 weeks and now he is so upset and griping- it used to be a few hours in the night when hed gripe but now its all night. He can't need to feed within the hour at 4 weeks surely - I think it's to settle his stomach? He's asleep now from 12 because I walked him - this is the best sleep he has (got my head down for about an hour so that's good) as he doesn't cry in his sleep quite as much. He was going 4 to 4and a half hours last week? At most.
Well I sound like a really moany annoying new mum - sorry ladies xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

6 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

6 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE