You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Wednesday, July 19th 2017, 6:34am

Thanks so much Heather, boo to being back at work :(
Are you back full time?

I took T to get weighed yesterday and spoke with her about F, she's going to put in an early referral for his 2 year check so I can go through all my concerns etc, she said I should hear back within the next couple of weeks xx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Sunday, July 23rd 2017, 7:50am

Hi all how is everyone?

I've had a difficult couple weeks with the twins, tantrums, over everything real throwing themselves down and screaming, O I'm particularly worried about as the things it's over r crazy, if she has taken a bite of a biscuit or sandwich and it comes apart she goes crazy wants all back together or a new one, one bite and same thing happens, I just don't know if this is normal or if there is anything wrong. Or how best to deal with it, if I should try and give them what they want or stick to my guns. Also don't know if it is for attention and they maybe need some 1 on 1 time. But they r very close, look for each other if one is asleep etc
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Sunday, July 23rd 2017, 8:42am

Glad you're getting HV out Cheenab.

Ashatar did you make many progress with childminder/ nursery?

Pip how are the girls? And you and DH? My hubby and I went through a rough patch after we had the twins when they were about 1. We'd forgotten to look after us in all the busyness and work/ kids etc. That's why we always go out once or twice a month now just us for a few hours to cinema or bite to eat just to make sure we are ok. H is exactly the same with his tantrums. Seems not matter happens he's not happy at the moment and pulls massive tantrums. Having been through it before a few times (lol) it sounds like a perfectly normal case of the terrible twos and they are called that for a reason. Your once lovely placid child can turn overnight into a little monster but I promise it will pass. You've just got to be consistent and don't give in to the tantrums. I also find that by giving child a choice it helps with the thing you want and another less desirable choice, e.g. I give H choice to hold my hand when we're out walking or I will lift him. It usually works and if not I lift him which he ages and within a couple of seconds he wants down but he then takes my hand.

Net how you and your brunch? Hope it's less hectic for you.

Well can't believe I'm back to work tomorrow:-( it's been so lovely being off with P and all of them but needs must. I'll be grand when I'm back just not looking forward to back to all the juggling.

Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the weekend xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Pip

Sunday, July 23rd 2017, 10:10pm

Thanks heather for the reassurance, it's just not knowing what's normal and u seen to see everyone else's kids being so well behaved

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Sunday, July 23rd 2017, 11:14pm

Hi Pip, it sounds normal to me too. R has tantrums about those sorts of things all the time. His latest is that he hates if any food gets on his clothes or the table etc when he's eating. If I'm feeding him something and I drop a bit he will scream and refuse to eat any more until I clean it up. It's actually causing me real difficulty in getting him to feed himself as obviously that is messy and then he freaks out. I'm hoping it's a phase that will pass very soon as I'm sure people think I am nuts hand feeding a 2 year old! I don't know if it's the right thing to do or not but I generally try to avoid a situation that I think might result in a tantrum and like heather says give him choices so that he thinks he is in control.

Heather good luck for the return to work tomorrow. I'm sure you will soon get back into the swing of things and your routine. At least with it being the summer holidays the traffic is a bit lighter in the mornings. Takes a bit of the pressure off not having to sit in rush hour traffic! I haven't really had much joy with nurseries etc yet. I live I a small town and there's only one. My sister had a really bad experience with it, albeit quite a few years ago, but it is still putting me off. I'm thinking a childminder might work better for me but it's so daunting trying to find someone good who I can trust. R is a bit funny with strangers at the minute and very clingy with me in general so the thought of leaving him does worry me. Also the fact that he doesn't talk much makes it stressful because I worry that the childminder wouldn't understand what he wants etc. It's all such a minefield! My father in law was very apologetic last week about what had happened and I got the impression he was genuinely upset about it so I'm hoping that means he will be more careful in the meantime.

Hope everyone else is good xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 8:16pm

Hello all
Sorry have been away so long! This is gonna be a quick one just to say hi will be back on properly later. Heather how was the return to work?

Hope everyone is well xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Sunday, July 30th 2017, 8:49pm

Hi how is everyone doing?
Heather hope back to work went ok

Ashstar how is the child care?
Cheenab how r ur boys?
Hope everyone is good
xx

cheenab

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 12:59am

Hi all,

How are we all?
Heather hope work wasn't too bad :)
Things are still so so here, still plodding along trying to grasp some sort of routine, T is now 4 months old time is going far to quickly. Z is being very testing now it's the holidays, it's crazy because he's such a lovely little boy so I have no clue where this new found attitude has come from ;) F is still F same old little monkey ;) we have moved him in to a big boy bed in Zacharys room, so far so good although Z does talk in his sleep a fair bit which disturbs F, hoping he gets used to it and sleeps through it ;) T sleep is a nightmare, he sleep ok the first part of the night, the second half ends up in with me, I'm to tired to do anything about it at the moment ;) but I really need to break this habit ;)
Having a few stresses with my thyroid, it's gone all over the shop at the moment, have been given medication which helped for a week or so but now gone back to square one, feeling irritable, anxious and a little bit overwhelmed with everything.
Seeing the consultant next week so going to see if there is any other medication we can try, I want my nice happy feeling back.
Anyways I'm waffling on, hope you all are doing well xxx

Net

Tuesday, August 1st 2017, 12:47pm

Hello all,
sneaking on here at work.

Cheenab hoppe the thyroid gets sorted out - that can't be much fun. Glad F is settled into his new big bed, and hope Z isn't talking too loudly lol! I totally get why T ends up in bed with you - I'm sure he'll settle into longer sleep patterns soon.

Heather how are things? Did the job start out OK? How is H - did you end up taking him to the HV/GP?

Pip how are the girls doing?

Ashastar did you end up talking to your MIL about moving R to a nursery?

Wardie, are you still reading? Hope you're pk?

Jasper how's the extension going? Cannot believe B is 7 already! Time flies by hey. How is J's sleeping now?

WEll things going oK here - L starts school in September so we had her pre school graduation a few weeks ago - very cute as they all wore gowns and motor boards! I must admit I cried as cannot believe she's goiong to school soon. She's excited but I think a bit anxious too. E is doing really well - she's the most cuddly affectionate little girl (Mummy, nuddle (cuddle) is repeated a lot!), her language is really coming along now and she's a total mimic. Her sleeping is much better too although she's still up at the crack of dawn! However she is also a little monkey and bit L so hard the other day L still has a massive blue bruise on her arm. All because they both wanted to get on the same bike in the garden. She's loving nursery and gets on really well there. It'll be stange just having her at home when L goes to school. Still finding work hard to balance with home life, but at least am not working 15 hour days anymore!

Hope everyone is well xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 7:00am

Hi ladies,

Cheenab sorry to hear your thyroid is playing up. Must be making your tiredness worse. Hope it get sorted. I can't wait for my 3 big ones to get back to school. They've been off for a month!! They're in summer scheme for next 3 weeks so that's great.

Net gosh you sound busy but glad work has eased back a little if not enough. I really feel your pain as since I've been back I've been flat out. Am out of house for 10 hours and then I've been bringing work home too. I really enjoy my job but it's just so busy :-( no word on my grievance either!!

Ashatar any developments on the childcare front? Good your FIL apologised to you.

Hope everyone else is good x

Well I went back to work last Monday and like I said it's been totally flat out!! Am really missing the kids and especially P. She actually cried yesterday morning when I handed her to our au pair :-(

H and the twins were messing about in our garden on Friday evening when I looked out to see H fall off the side of our slide. He has broken his wrist but thankfully he's just in a splint for 3 weeks. He seems ok in himself. We've HV coming out on 8th and he's being seen by paediatrician in October!! I know he'll be referred to speech therapy as all he can say is mama and he calls everyone that as he can't say anything else but he has no other real attempts at words. Just lots of grunting and pointing. He still knows how to get what he wants though, lol !!

Gotta run and take dog out. I've been proactive seeing as H woke up early so floors all washed downstairs!! Am wrecked already for he day xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 8th 2017, 9:27pm

Hi ladies,

Anyone still about?! Hope you're all good xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 9th 2017, 6:19pm

Hi everyone,
Just a quick test post as everytime I type a long post it doesn't work so I'd given up!!!!
If this works I'll pop back with a proper update! !!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

cheenab (14.08.2017)

Pip

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 10:17am

Hi all, any1 still reading??

Jasper how r things?
Hi heather, how r u getting on back at work? Poor H hurting his wrist how is he doing? Any progress with his speaking? How is P doing? And your older girls?

Hi net how r u? I see u were up in Scotland whereabouts did u go?
Cheenab how r ur boys?

Ashstar how r things? Any changes with the childcare?

The girls r great, they have such a good wee bond playing wee games together now sharing food and taking turns it's good to see, although they do still fight over things, I find more so on my work days when I see them less so think it is just needing s bit more attention on those days

I'm not sure if it's the same across the U.K. But when they r 3 they r entitled to 15 hrs a week nursery free, but we need to apply now to get the nursery u want. The one they r in doesn't have council spaces but they do give u a discount to keep them there at 3 it still works out more expensive but they have an earlier start time so it suits me for getting to work and the girls r settled, but if I move to council it will save money

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 16th 2017, 10:55am

Still reading but every time I type a long post it doesn't work

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

What's Up?

Thursday, August 17th 2017, 8:34pm

Hi ladies,

I'm def still reading!! sorry you're having probs posting Jasper.

Pip we don't have the free nursery places in NI unless you're on benefits.

Well I'm totally crazy busy in work these days and missing the kids a lot. H has been referred for speech therapy but HV asked us we ever considered him being autistic!! Really hadn't just put a lot of behaviours and quirks down to being a 2 year old boy who can't talk. He's to see paediatrician in October who will assess him properly but I think he may be autistic but he's certainly not bad with it (if he even is!!). There's always something to worry about!!

Hope everyone else is ok xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Thursday, August 17th 2017, 8:43pm

Wow I didn't know that heather re the nursery spac s, here I am moaning about the predicament of choosing between them

Oh heather it must be hard back at work missing ur gang, sometimes HV's don't have a clue, but there is a whole spectrum so it could just be very slight, I'm sure his speech will come. Hopefully the paediatrician can tell u more tho.
Hope everyone is well
This site is so quiet these days I wonder where everyone has gone
xx

What's Up?

Thursday, August 17th 2017, 8:48pm

I know what you mean. I do miss the site and busy it was. It was such a lifeline and feel like I've made proper friends and people I care about how they are getting on but I guess maybe with fb etc maybe people are using those places for support?!

It is a difficult choice about nursery places but you'll know where you feel happier about leaving them even if one is more expensive (as long as you can afford it!) x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Thursday, August 17th 2017, 10:06pm

Hi all

I'm still reading! I agree heather I feel like I've made friends here and it was a total lifeline for me too. I also think it's so sad how quiet it is. I dip into other fertility sites too and they are soooo busy I just don't get it. Even all these photobucket logo things that pop up make me wonder whether the site will close in the future. I hope not! I know you're not on FB are you heather? I guess it's a case of wait and see with H but I find HV often to be wrong! You know your son best. X

Pip I get some free funding in a private nursery here. Although the girls are in more than 15 hours a week they class one day as 12 hours so only give me 1 day 3 hours free - cheeky huh! But it's gratefully received. Next month I don't pay for L anymore as she starts school in September! (Eek!)
Glad the girls are getting on so well that's lovely.

Jasper sorry the site keeps cancelling your posts!

Cheenab ashastar anyone else are you still out there? Lol!

Back from a week in Scotland hence the silence sorry ladies! Went to see my brother his wife and my nephews. Was so much fun - the girls had a blast with their cousins but man oh man they are nuts! They just wanted to jump off every object they could find, monster how dangerous. I looked after all 4 for one morning. All I can say is heather and cheenab and jasper I take my hat off to you! Didn't know where to look first as to work out which child to rescue from hurting themselves first lol! Great fun though and I love Scotland. So peaceful and far less people ( they live in the highlands), so different from life in London.

Not much else to report. My next door neighbour' daughter just had a baby. I'm so broody. I know we can't have another and I have my two miracles, but that feeling never goes away does it.

Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Thursday, August 17th 2017, 10:26pm

Hi ladies, I'm still here too! Sorry for the silence, just mad busy at work and fall into bed exhausted these nights. Totally agree that it's a great site and I really do feel like I know all you lovely ladies. Even when I don't get time to post I still try to find time to read.

Oh net I know what you mean about feeling broody! I am desperate for another. I always thought that after I had R I would be happy to have no more but I'm really not. Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful for what I have and I'm thankful every day for my wee miracle but I can't help feeling sad at the thought of never holding another baby in my arms.

Pip that's great you get some free child care when they turn 3. Like heather unfortunately I don't qualify for anything either.

Heather do you not think health visitors etc are very quick to label kids with stuff like autism these days? He's so young to be putting a label on. R still doesn't talk much either and has some funny wee ways too but I'm sure he's fine and the speech will come in time. At the minute he is obsessed with letters and numbers. He knows his numbers up to 12 and nearly the whole alphabet.

Hope everyone else is ok and comes back! xx
Ashastar

Pip

Friday, August 18th 2017, 8:29am

Great to hear from all ur ladies!
Would be lovely if we all lived that wee bit closer and could get all our little miracles together!

Girls at nursery this morning and I have a cheeky day off so off to the gym shortly

I do sometimes think of having another but I know I'm so blessed to have 2 and they have a great bond, financially it would be difficult but yeah still have a bit of an ache when I see pregnant ladies and new babies. With the girls being so peen I know I'm really lucky they r both in great health so I don't know if that would be a risk again

xx

Friday, August 18th 2017, 9:44am

Hi pip, lucky you having a day off. Enjoy!

I know what you mean about the risk of having another preemie. It's one of the things that puts me off too. I had severe pre eclampsia and I know there's a risk of getting it again and I'd be scared that it would happen earlier. I still think I'd be willing to take the chance though. I don't know about you but because R was so early I feel like I missed out on so much of my pregnancy. I never got the chance to get really big etc or to experience labour and I think all that makes me want to have another one too. I have one precious little frostie left though so who knows, maybe I'll get lucky again. The thought of having a failed treatment really scares me though as I know that really would be the end of the road.

It really would be great if we all lived close to each other. Our wee monkeys could all cause chaos together lol!
Ashastar

What's Up?

Friday, August 18th 2017, 12:31pm

Ashatar your wee man is doing great with his numbers and letters. I actually really like my HV as she was a neonatal nurse and has been with us for a while. I know H is young and some of the behaviours may be linked to his speech delay but will know more when he sees consultant in Oct and will give him a few months more to hopefully improve. I know it's strange to say but I'm not worried about him as whatever (if anything ) is wrong with him we will manage I just feel sorry for him sometimes because he is really wanting something or something is wrong and I just can't work it out. I'd rather know early on if there is a problem and he can get all help he can as early as possible. In my heart I think there is some problem but no matter what he has us and he has 4 sisters to help him!!

I so know the feeling of broodiness that's why we went for more ivf after the twins but ended up not needing it. I totally empathise Ashatar as I felt cheated with a twin pregnancy that I'd only had one go at it!! Even now when I've got so many and can't physically have anymore I get a twinge when I see a pregnant lady or a small baby. Crazy altogether : D

Pip enjoy your day to yourself.

Net I don't do the FB thing. Glad you had a lovely break away. I love just being off and spending time with kids xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Saturday, August 19th 2017, 11:08pm

Ah Heather, he will be fine with you all to look out for him! I've stopped worrying about R's speech too. It's not like I know any adults who can't speak so I know he will get there in his own time. He is constantly chattering at the minute - it's just a pity I don't understand most of what he is saying! He's a real wee character these days though, always smiling and full of fun.

I think I have persuaded DH that we should use our last frostie!! We are going on holiday in a few weeks so we are going to give it one last month to try naturally and then get the ball rolling when we get home. Feeling very nervous and excited at the thought of it!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 10:56am

That's exciting news Ashatar. Hope the last month of natural works but you never know. The first 2 surprises were when we had started the IVF process again and once when I was DRing!!

We still have 6 Frosties that we can't bear to destroy. I'd love to donate them but it's quite complicated to donate embryos. Apparently we need to undergo genetic screening. All I know though is that we won't be using them, lol !! Hands are quite full enough xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 5:31pm

That's exciting news ashstar! U will need to keep us all updated

We have 2 Frosties left, right now I don't think we will use them but still never say never
xx

Monday, August 21st 2017, 10:39am

Wow heather you were so lucky with your surprises! To be honest I don't really hold out any hope of it happening naturally for us but with us going on holiday soon it makes sense to wait another month before starting any treatment.

I know what you both mean about not wanting to use the Frosties but also not wanting to destroy them. We all went through so much to get them that it's a hard decision to make to let them go. Donating them would be a wonderful thing to do heather but I didn't realise it was so complicated!

I have to admit I feel very apprehensive at the thought of going through it all again. We only have 1 frozen and while it stays in storage I kind of have my little dream safely there that we might have another baby someday. However if we use it and it fails there is no safety net or back up plan. There's no way we could afford to have treatment from scratch and to be honest I don't think I would want to. DH keeps telling me not to get my hopes up but it's hard not to especially when I know that it can work. Prepare yourselves ladies for me to turn into a hormonal nightmare in the next few months lol!!!
Ashastar

Pip

Monday, August 21st 2017, 4:04pm

We will all be there for u ashstar, I know what u mean, while it's sitting there there is hope, bit there is every chance it works for u
xx

Net

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 1:28pm

All the best Ashastar, as Pip says, we'll all be here for you.

I can also empathise with the frozen embryo dilemma. We had 1 left after I had E. I agonised and agonised over it but in the end we let it go, and I have to say I have regretted it ever since. Whilst I don't think we would ever try for another (it's physically impossible for us naturally due to DH), and DH is adamant he doesn't want another baby as he struggled quite a bit with the baby stage, lack of sleep etc, I just get such strong feelings that I would like another baby sometimes. It's so tough isn't it ladies.

xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wednesday, August 23rd 2017, 8:13am

Thanks ladies. I don't know what I would have done without this site for support in the past.

Oh net that must've been such a hard decision to make. Probably the right thing to do though if you know you won't be trying again. It really is tough. People who can just decide to have a baby and then fall pregnant really don't know how lucky they are. My next door neighbours 17 year old daughter is pregnant. It just makes me sad that its so easy for some people who don't even want it while others have to go through such a struggle for a much longed for child. I guess that's life though!

Hope everyone is well x
Ashastar

What's Up?

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 11:23am

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday weekend. Can't believe the kids are back to school next week. I'm so disorganised xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, September 4th 2017, 10:45am

Hi everyone,
Where did the summer go?! Mine are bk at school tomorrow and I feel really emotional about it

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, September 4th 2017, 10:45am

OK let's try copy and pasting what I typed

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, September 4th 2017, 10:46am

Where did the summer go?! Mine are bk at school tomorrow and I feel really emotional about it
I sometimes feel bored/lonely when they are at school. Sounds rediciulous as I'm always busy and see friends daily. I think deep down I struggle with not working, the mental stimulation and having colleagues and not just mummy friends. I think I'll start looking again although I know I'll be working for nothing after childcare
Just a quick one as I'm half expecting it not to post.....

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, September 4th 2017, 10:47am

AHa problem solved. ...I can't use emojis...anything in type after an emojis doesn't appear!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

What's Up?

Monday, September 4th 2017, 9:21pm

At last you've got a reason for your posts not working properly Jasper!

Yes I'm feeling a bit mixed about kids being back to school. L is loving being in P1 but for me then back at school simply piles on the pressure of having to get homeworks done, lunches and snacks ready, uniforms etc. All just feels too much with being so so busy at work. Just feeling bit guilty kids aren't getting enough attention from me.

I do know what you mean though Jasper I like having adult conversations and stimulating work. See I'm never happy!!

Hope everyone else is ok xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Monday, September 11th 2017, 9:44pm

Hello ladies sorry for the silence

Have been stressing over L starting school on Monday - agh how did my baby grow up so quickly! Trying to take tomorrow and Wednesday off work so I can spend some time with her so have only just finished work now to try to get ahead.

E is doing really well. She started swimming lessons yesterday and loved them and today she tried tumbletots for the first time ( baby gym basically) and she loved that even more! Nice to have some things to do with her. And the swimming is the same time as her sister in the same pool so they can wave at each other.

Not much more to report, just counting down the days to school on Monday really. I'm going to be an emotional wreck!

Hope all of you are well xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 1:37pm

Hi ladies how is everyone?
Hope all the little ones going to school got on well !
I need some advice ladies, things with DH and I r dire, we r on holiday just now and it's bringing it right home that we really don't have anything to talk about, I dont really feel a spark anymore. I think it's probably more me that's changed since having the girls, but he is a great dad when he is with the girls they love him loads, although at home he does prioritise his work and we don't see much of him during the week,
I just don't know if this will s just normal, and I've made my decision I need to stick with it, or is it just flogging a dead horse. I just want the girls to grow up loving and stable ;( ?o(
xx

What's Up?

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 6:36pm

Net hope school went well and there weren't too many tears!! L is already saying she's bored and doesn't want to go !!

Pip I'm really sorry things are so tough. I found it v hard after having the girls and DH and I just became mummy and daddy overnight and lost the 'us'. We stopped going out just the two of us. I ended up falling for a guy I found so exciting at work and we talked about separating but I always hoped we'd refind our absolute love for each outside the kids. I guess for the sake of the kids we went to counselling and it worked for us. It took a lot of hard work for us to get back to the us of before kids but we are there. We make time to go out once a month to the cinema or out for dinner or few beers.

I know how hard it can be but if you both want to make it work it can happen. Have you talked to your hubby about how you're feeling? Xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 8:39pm

Thanks heather, I haven't spoken to him, although he must know I think it's kinda the elephant in the room, feel like if I actually say it out loud that will be it. But I do know he is a good guy and a good dad so it is what I want for the family to stay together but I just don't know how to get back to that. Was it marriage counselling? How did u find some1? It's worth a try I don't want to give up easily, then I think maybe that's what everyone is like after a long time in a family situation is everyone really just getting on as best they can and that exciting love feeling is a thing of the past I just don't know really
xx

Sunday, September 17th 2017, 12:41pm

Hi ladies, sorry for the silence. We were away on holiday. R had a fantastic time, it made such a difference this year him having his own seat on the plane. I'm hoping that next year though we will go away with friends with kids of a similar age because I think he really needs some company other than us.

Aww net, how is L getting on at school? Swimming lessons for E sounds good. I have been thinking of sending R but the thought of it makes me nervous! I'm not good in the water myself but don't want him to grow up with the same fear.

Pip, sorry to hear things aren't good. Do you think maybe if you talked to him it might help? Ignoring it will surely only make it worse and maybe if you have a talk you will find a way to make things better? He sounds like a good guy so if you tell him how you feel I'm sure he will understand. It's definitely hard when you have young kids to find time for anything other than the kids and I think that there's always an imbalance between the mum and dad as the dad can skip off to work or whatever but us mums are left to do all the hard work, getting the kids sorted, cooking, cleaning and also working! I would say my relationship with my DH is pretty similar to yours at the minute. We never ever get time alone other than for a couple of hours after R goes to bed and even then I'm usually running around getting things ready for the morning while he sits watching tv! I don't think it's necessarily a case though that the exciting love feeling becomes a thing of the past, more that it evolves into a different type of quieter love. Saying that, sometimes I thing me and DH are more like friends than anything else! I really hope things sort themselves out though and that you are able to enjoy some of your holiday xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 10:10am

Great you had such a lovely holiday Ashatar and definitely so much easier when they have their own seat.

Net how's the school run going? Hopefully not too painful for you. My L is already saying she doesn't want to go as it's boring!!

Pip I'll PM you xx

Hope everyone else is good.

Our move to England is on!! My DH is going on ahead of us and starts work on 16 October and then we are joining him in the New Year. He's going to get a house bought for us and schools sorted so it'll all be set up for our arrival and be as little disruption as possible for the kids. Think our au pair is coming with us which would be great as it means some continuity for the kids.

Can't wait for H's hospital appt to happen on 23 October as I'd like to get ball rolling to have him assessed for autism or any other medical problems as the sooner diagnosed the better.

It's as well schools are back as we had nits already and K had croup over the weekend!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 19th 2017, 3:01pm

Wow how exciting Heather! So is your DH choosing the house etc?! I'm too much of a control freak to ever let anything like that happen!!!

Relationship wise same here.....we literally have no time for each other. I'm jealous of him going off to work too as I would like to. Just to be me for a few hours a week! We get the occasional night out but we're both so exhausted all the time. My mum would probably babysit more but we don't have much spare cash for nighta out either. I'm also having issues with contraception so I'm almost scared to do anything incase I get pregnant. We've had 2 shock bfp's and I get paranoid about it happening again! I also wonder how he can find my stetch marked slighltly over weight saggy body atttactiveI know I need to talk to DH as I haven't said anything to him we just plod along!

Ashastar yeah I can imagine having their own seat is easier! I struggled a it this year with j on my lap!

Net how's L getting on at school?

Life is as busy as ever here! My mum.had J this morningas I have so much decorating to do and o time! Hoping it becomes a weekly thing so I can finish it!

Hi to everyone else.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 2:41pm

Hi ladies, hope you are well.

Wow heather that's amazing news! Great that your DH will get everything sorted for you. I'm like jasper though, I don't think I could relinquish that much control lol!

How is H getting on with his speech now? Has he had any speech therapy yet? My HV is coming next week to do R's 2 year review and I'm expecting she will want to refer him too. He's saying a lot more than he used to but he is quite hard to understand. He has become obsessed with the alphabet though and can recite the whole thing! I read online that it is a sign of autism but I have no other concerns about him so I don't think it is.

Jasper hope the decorating is going well. Your extension looks great - I'm jealous! Have you thought any more about getting a part time job?

Pip, how are things now? xx
Ashastar

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 10:57pm

Must be something in the air.... things not great here also!!
I genuinely think we don't like each other that much anymore ;)
Literally feels like we are room mates, we went out last weekend and even fell out then about random stuff, I think we both feel the same yet neither of us want to call it quits for some reason, I like to think the children are not the only reason but who knows, we definitely need to sit down and talk I think, he went to stay with his mum for a few days a couple of months ago, nothing really got resolved after that. His.mum tried to say i had PND, which I really haven't, just had enough of how he kept talking to the children, but like I said nothing has been resolved :(
Hope you ladies manage to get things sorted.
How did L get on at school net?
Fantastic news about the move Heather :) have your parents had much to say on it?
Hope R review goes well ashastar. Z was really behind with his speech then when he started nursery age 3 he came on brilliantly.
Jasper, your extension is fab I'm very jealous!! ;)
Hi to anyone else I've missed :) xxx

What's Up?

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 11:35am

Oh Chenab I'm sorry to hear that things are tough at home. It's not a nice environment. Really can put a strain on when they're are different views on how to deal with bad behaviour.
Really must be something in the air because even though I really do love my hubby to bits he's driving me crazy these days. He's totally focused on his move before we come across but he's forgetting I'm left behind with a manic job, 5 kids and an au pair who has decided she's not coming with us to England so that's one more thing for me to sort!!

I'm not letting him make final decision on new house to buy or schools. He's just shortlisting ones for me to then come across and view!! I'm far too controlling for that much responsibility, lol !!

Ashatar hope the review goes well but sounds like he's coming on well. We are in SE Trust area and the waiting list (which isn't bad for NI!!) is still months long. If you've any concerns still isn't ask for him to be added and by time appt comes round if he doesn't need it you can cancel.
H still has no words at all and he's 28 months. We have started teaching him some basic signing which he has picked up really well but breaks my heart that he needs it :-(

Loving the sound of your extension but you must want to get to he end now Jasper.

I'm finding it quite tough at the mo as K who has bad dyslexia and working memory has found the move to P4 really hard. The step up in level of work is causing big problems. She's falling way behind despite getting extra help and she in tears every night saying she hates school which is so unlike her. Last year she loved it xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 4:07pm

Aww bless him heather! He will get there in his own time. That's great though that he's picking up the signing so well. He will probably be one of those kids who just starts talking overnight. My brother in law apparently barely said a word until he was 3. Poor K. I've no experience of dyslexia but it must be difficult for her. Are the school offering support? There's so much pressure on them when they're so young, isnt there? We are in the SE trust area too so if she offers a referral I think I will take it as like you say I can always cancel if it's not needed.

I have been trying to get the ball rolling to start our FET. I thought it was just a case of ringing the clinic and making a private appointment but apparently I have to be referred back by my GP so waiting on an appointment with her next week. Now that we've decided to go for it I'm anxious to get started as I'm not getting any younger and am conscious of the fact that the odds of it working get less as I get older.

Cheenab sorry to hear things aren't good for you either. How to discipline R is one area that me and DH frequently argue about too. Hope things get better for you xx
Ashastar

Net

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 8:46pm

Hi all

Sorry for the silence - have been ill all week ( thanks to E sharing her germs lol). L has settled into school really well and tells me she loves it there so that's good. I know she won't enjoy every day but hopefully she'll continue to be positive about it all! She's only on half days this week and she's already exhausted so I am dreading next week a bit when she starts full days. E is moving up to the next room at nursery next month too so lots of changes here. She's totally nuts - adores her sister and I think is missing her now she's at school. Will be nice to have time just me and E though I think. Just booked them both into santa's grotto - agh Christmas is approaching too quickly! Hate the fact all the Christmas stuff is in the shops already.

Heather - exciting times! Have you lived in England before? It's good that H is getting the hang of sign language and I hope he gets a referral soon. Sorry that K is struggling at school. Is there any other support they can give her?

Pip how are you? Did you have a good holiday?

Cheenab I'm sorry that things are so difficult for you. Do you think if you speak with your DP it would make a difference? Hope things get better for you. I love all your photos of your boys - they are adorable .

Ashastar I hope the FEt gets underway soon. It's strange that they make you get a referral for a privately funded procedure. I'm sure R's speech will suddenly come along. My nephew's was similar and when he hit 3 he just picked it all up.

Jasper - the extension looks amazing! I remember the stress after or building work was finished it actually getting it decorated. I used to paint at the most ridiculous hours ( we only had L and she was about 8 months so much easier!). When we had our loft converted I couldn't face it and got myself into debt by paying someone as we had spent the budget - wish I hadn't in retrospect but just wanted it done lol! Sorry to hear about you and DH. It's a similar story here too really - me and DH just don't have enough time for each other. We haven't been on a night out together for about four months now. It's role reversal here as I'm the one at work all day and DH is at home. I see the stress he's under with the kids - it's relentless. Do you think you'll keep looking for a PT job?

I think the fact that most of us have a similar story to tell just reflect how much your life gets turned upside down when kids come along huh. They are the best thing but life changes and it came be hard to have any time for yourselves as a couple. I know I need to make more time for me and DH. Easier sometimes to just stick the tv on in the evening! Like me tonight - am typing this whilst half watching Dr Foster ( this series is rubbish compared with the first!). DH is in his home bar ( don't ask! He converted half of our garage into a 'pub' complete with home brew beer and working beer pumps!) with out next door neighbour playing darts! We should be having an evening together but we aren't.

Sorry I have rambled. Sorry if I have missed anyone. Have a good week all xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Net" (Sep 21st 2017, 8:49pm)

Wardie

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 5th 2010

Children: 1 Beautiful Daughter & 1 Gorgeous Son

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 11:25am

Hi Ladies
I know it has been a long time since I posted, but I often come on here & read your posts, I have just had so much going on I never have the time to post anything. To be fair I don’t really have the time now but thought I would post something.

So what’s new with me…….
Well our loft conversion is not far from finishing it has been a long road and the mess has been unbearable at times but you just kind of learn to live with it. I feel like we are so close but yet so far at the same time. The loft is fully converted we have had the 2nd fix electrics done and the 2nd fix plumbing is nearly complete too. The tiler is coming Monday to start tilling the new bathroom and then the plumbers can come back and install the bathroom. Then it will be decorating, carpet, new furniture and then it should be done. HOWEVER we have now decided that the rest of the house needs sorting so we are going to continue throughout the house. We will have an extension off the kitchen and a new kitchen plus redecorating throughout and hopefully upgrade our current bathroom, I feel like the builders are going to be here forever…… They are a great bunch of guys but it can be very disrupting seeing as I work from home too. Cannot wait for my room to be complete in the loft so I can put my desk up there and hide myself away instead of working off the laptop from the sofa as I currently am…..
Work is MANIC. I do not feel like I am achieving anything these days, I literally cannot keep up with it all. Not helped I guess with the building works. There have been many days when I have just wanted to burst into tears because I am so stressed with work but I know it will get easier I just have to battle on.

The kids…….. are brilliant 
L turned 3 in July and started Pre-school on Tuesday she is going 2 full days a week Tuesdays & Wednesdays 9-3pm I wanted her to go more than that but what with having to pay for the childminder too I just couldn’t. But L absolutely LOVES preschool she was so ready for it. We also cracked potty training it literally took me 1 day and she has only had 2 accidents in 2 weeks. She was so ready for it and I am so
happy I finally took the plunge. I think I was scared to do it but it really wasn’t that bad. I am however not looking forward to having to potty train D in the future as I do not think it will be as easy with a boy lol.

D is brilliant too however I do think his speech is a bit slower than L was. He does say quite a few words but I think because L is so dominating that she speaks for him so he is just lazy. However the childminder & I have agreed that now he will have time apart from L that his speech will come on rapidly. They were both ready to have time apart. D is like a different boy when L isn’t around & even the childminder has commented on that. I cannot believe D is going to be 2 in November where has the time gone? The only thing I am struggling with and was wondering if anyone has any advice is that D will not hold his own bottle for milk in the morning & Evening if I try and force him he literally has a meltdown and throws his bottle across the room it is soooooo frustrating I didn’t have this issue with L. It took 1 night of me refusing to hold it for her and she did it, my boy however is just stubborn. Any tips? I also think he is currently having nightmares as I have had a bad week with him waking up really crying and he ends up in my bed & then won’t settle without milk he wakes all sweaty and feels me to make sure I am there I am shattered.

The ex……
We are actually getting on very well. The kids are our priority and to be fair I CANNOT fault him as a dad he is actually amazing. We have had a few rows over the months as he has a girlfriend and he was letting her stay when the kids where there without telling & L let the cat out of the bag so I was less than impressed. But that is all old news. He took them to Norfolk for a week in August and her and her son went. I know it was always going to happen but doesn’t always make it easy. Especially as I am still sad and lonely and single ha ha.

The summer…….
I took the kids on holiday with my mum for a week to Menorca back in June (feels like a lifetime ago now) and all my stress and worry about travelling was not needed as both were amazing and they absolutely loved their holiday. I was then lucky enough to go on a childfree holiday with my friend to her mum & dad’s apartment in July for a week and it was simply amazing and so relaxed it was just what I needed. But again that feels sooooooooooo long ago that I feel like I could do with another holiday lol.

For you girls who are struggling with your relationships…
I am probably not the best person to give advice seeing as I separated from my husband a year or so ago now. But what I would say is that you do need to ‘talk’. We didn’t just wake up one morning and decide it was over. We tried for 6 months to keep things on track. But what had become clear from both our perspectives was that we were just different people. We met when I was 21 and got married at 24 and in hindsight I realise now that I was too young. I truly believe in your 20s you are only really just figuring out who you are as a person and by the time you hit your 30s you kind of know what you really want out of life. I think if we had not had all our fertility issues things might have been different. I am not sure we would have lasted as long as we did. It puts a huge strain on any relationship & then once the children came along we realised that the only thing we ever had in common was the struggle to be parents. In a weird way it just highlighted really that we used each other to a degree to get the ending we so craved & for that I wouldn’t actually change anything. But yes kids make a relationship tough. It all becomes about the children that you forget about making time for you or you simply don’t get time. And then for me I suddenly realised that now we had the kids there was actually nothing left for us. I am not saying us going our separate ways has been easy because it hasn’t. BUT I do know we are both much happier now we are apart and I always say happy parents = happy children & I know my two are very happy and so very loved.
I hope you are all well. I am so sorry I have not had time for any personals but I have already spent too long typing this & I have work coming out of my ears that I best crack on.
Much love to you all x

What's Up?

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 1:23pm

So lovely to hear from you Wardie and great words of wisdom too. Hope the stress levels drop soon but your house conversion plans sound fab it noisy and messy whilst happening xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 2:39pm

Hi ladies, thanks for all the words of wisdom and encouragement, at least I know I'm not alone and so many people say it's hard when kids are small I think I just need to hang in a bit. However we did have a good chat about how I feel he isn't around much in the week then st weekend try's to undermine my routine with the girls, I feel I have established a good routine with both sleeping at night and napping together which has been hard work really gets me when he throws it out the window, we have also agreed a bit more time each on week nights to do our own thing I.e hobbies, so I want to go to the gym and get a bit of myself back, which in turn we r hoping nights in together on the weekend we will actually make the effort to sit together and have an evening, b4 kids we went out allot and that was our time together so we have struggled to change to actually chatting and eating together etc when staying in.

The girls r amazing and had a great time on hol it was mainly the adult only time was a problem, DH was having a bit of a go at me about nothing? And A turned round and said daddy r u shouting at mummy, she is 2 years old so he was so taken a back and felt awful, that's what made us have the chat in the end, but glad we did.

Great to hear from everyone heather thanks for the PM it really struck a chord with how I've been feeling and I'm going to look into links my work have with counselling.
Re h speech it's great that he is picking up the sign language means he can understand and communicate his needs.
Got to run girls just woke up
xx

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE