You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Monday, May 7th 2012, 10:13am

gestational diabetes??

Hi Ladies,

I have been really thirsty through the night for the alot of my pregnancy. My thirst has increased in the last couple of weeks (i drink a pint of juice through the night - not sure if that sounds alot but definately alot more than pre pregnancy for me) I am also peeing alot (but i'm sure that would go hand in hand with drinking so much). I also have alot of discharge and have done for several weeks and feel quite itchy down there every now and again (sorry tmi). Not sure if this is thrush or not but it seems to go away by itself. Anyway....i was googling excessive thirst and it came up with gestational diabetes including these three symptoms and now i'm having a bit of a panic. Luckily i have a midwife appointment on thursday (i'll be 28 weeks +) but jut wondering what the liklihood of GD is? and what are the complications for me/baby? i had a healthy first pregnancy

thanks
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, May 7th 2012, 12:35pm

Hi Jen,
I would speak to the midwife abut it and get tested. Maybe drink water rather than juice, which contains sugar.
My sister had gestational diabetes. The complications would be more for you. The baby will grow bigger and you will be big too. If you do have it it needs monitoring during the pregnancy and a little afterwards, but then it should go away.
Take care

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 8:25am

Thanks Maria,

I will see my mw tomorrow but had a terrible night last night - i could barely sleep for being so thirsty - i ended up eating an ice lolly at 2 am just so my mouth wasnt so dry :( Think i will make up some ice cube trays today...I'm going to phone them today though and tell them how bad it is and whether it's okay to wait until tomorrow's appointment.

xx
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 5:58pm

My sister had gestational diabetes for the whole of the third trimester and she was fine. If it is that they will monitor it and will give you diet advice.Ice lollies are full of sugar too. Try to stick to plain water.
Good luck with your appointment.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE