You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jasminespoerer" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 16th 2011

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 9:02pm

IVF affecting endometriosis?

Hi Everyone

We've just gone through our first IVF cycle, sadly it was a BFN and AF came a couple of days after OTD. My first day of period was really light and pain free, but for the last three days I've been in absolute agony despite pain killers and very heavy flow. Also (sorry for details) but I normally have quite a lot of clots but nothing now. My bowels also seem to be quite irritated.

What I was wondering is if anyone knows if IVF can make your endometriosis worse, and whether anyone has any experience of their endometriosis getting worse post IVF?

I'm seeing consultant on Sunday so I'll obviously bring it up but it's nice to hear from "real" people as well!!

lots of love xx

TTC 7 years
Me: 28, endometriosis and hydrosalphinx
DH: 30, All's well

2011: Laparotomy to remove endo cysts
2012: 2 x IVF :BFN: :BFN:
2014: IVF number 3 in Cairo, :pray:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 9:34pm

Endometriosis is affected by estrogen. The stimming drugs contain lots of fsh which makes your follies grow and produce lots more estrogen than you would produce naturally. Your lining grows nice and thick So yes it can make endo worse. I've endo cysts forming during a couple of stimming cycles and both cycles had to be cancelled (not just cos of the cysts, but that didn't help). Progesterone doesn't affect it.