You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "berecka" started this thread

Reg: Jun 12th 2010

Children: one daughter born 28th Sept 12

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 9:11am

Painful scan

Hi ladies-
Quick question-I had my 12 week scan today an it was extremely painful-I nearly stopped it as I thought I couldnt
bear it any longer.I realise its not supposed to hurt at all, the other 3 Ive had havent hurt at all.This one was longer though-
about half an hour and the baby was in an awkward position so she put alot,alot,alot of pressure on my tummy...Anyway
my question is has anyone else experienced this...am I normal??
Thanks-long day xx

Reg: Jan 11th 2012

Children: One lovely son aged 14 from a previous marriage...... would love to have a little one with my gorgeous husband xxxx

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 9:27am

Hello...........was it an external scan???

MY DIARY

Ist IVF attempt March 2012--no response to drugs and abandoned, the end of our IVF journey and the start of our Adoption journey for our little LO xx

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 11:28am

Yes it was

Reg: Jan 11th 2012

Children: One lovely son aged 14 from a previous marriage...... would love to have a little one with my gorgeous husband xxxx

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 12:32pm

Im not sure..........I had my baby nearly 14 years ago but cant remember it being sore...........perhaps because your bladder was full??

MY DIARY

Ist IVF attempt March 2012--no response to drugs and abandoned, the end of our IVF journey and the start of our Adoption journey for our little LO xx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 5:08pm

Hi Bereka, I was realy sore after my 12 week scan as the sonographer really pushed down hard on my belly. I had pains for a few days afterwards too. I asked around at the time and a couple of other ladies had felt the same.

Hopefully you'l feel better soon x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 5:48pm

I found my scan really uncomfy and I forget what its called but I get that pain across my pubic bone when they press on it during exams. With DS I would yelp and they would apologise.....I don't think you need to worry I'm sure the next one will be better and hopefully the baby will be in a better position. Congratulations on being 12 week, what is you DD?
RM
x

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 11:13pm

Thanks so much ladies!
I am due in mid October-but they will probably take it out early.
Little uncomfortable today but glad its normal for bloated ivfers!
xxxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 8:26am

Hey hun just want to tell you that my friend had her 12 week scan and said it was horrible, it hurt and that it wasnt a nice experience as she was dying to wee but couldnt and had to hold it and it was painful. Shes had a natural pregnancy with no fertility issues or anything like that so it must be perfectly normal xx
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers