You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "frankie1" started this thread

Reg: Aug 8th 2007

Friday, March 9th 2012, 10:18pm

Pregnant and didnt know it and now worried

Hi i have just found out im pregnant! Its a complete shock as i never thought i would concieve naturally as i have pcos and have had difficulties in the past. I have no idea how far i am as i dont have periods. Clearblue indicating 3+ and i have been feeling sick. Im worried because i havent been taking folic acid and have been dieting lately and drinking lots of tea. im worried that i could have harmed my baby. I am over the moon that we have convieved and hope to god nothing goes wrong x
Timed bd - 75iu fostimen and pregnil TWINS born May 09
Fostimin inj ---BFP Baby girl born Dec 10

Natural BFP March 12

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, March 9th 2012, 10:27pm

Massive congratulations to you!!!! :) I really don't think you need worry at all, most 'normal' people do just that, and lots lots more and have perfectly healthy babies. We on here are just majorly over cautious and try and do everything possible to increase our chances, but it doesn't mean that if you don't do those things there will a problem. I really wouldn't worry a scrap hon. This is fantastic news, enjoy it!!! :thumbsup: Xxxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Friday, March 9th 2012, 10:30pm

thank you! Im so excited! Never thought it would happen this way. x

Natural BFP March 12

rachf555

Reg: Jan 10th 2012

Children: My gorgeous Boy now aged 17.

Friday, March 9th 2012, 10:49pm

Hi Frankie, Huge congrats!!!

Try not to worry sweetheart, enjoy it!
i'm going through IVF at the mo as had two previous ectopics (both tubes removed) however in between ectopics (14 yrs ago) i had my son. I had no idea i was pregnant until i was six weeks. In that six weeks i smoked,drank alcohol, drank tea,coffee, no folic acid - basically did EVERYTHING all wrong. Obviously looked after myself after finding out and worried terribly about the first weeks when i had no idea.My son was just perfect when he was born -he still is pretty perfect (apart from the messy room, all the trumping and his absolutely insatiable appetite!)

Just really wanted to echo what Dusky just said. It really is true. Really hope you have a wonderful worry free pregnancy smile2 smile2 smile2 smile2
Rachel
Me:37DH:36
EP 1996-Tube removed
DS born 1997
EP in 2003-Tube removed
1st IVF 2012 BFN
2nd IVF Jan 15

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Friday, March 9th 2012, 10:55pm

Congratulations :) try not to worry, there are plenty of women who find out they are pregnant and then worry about all the things they have done in the few weeks before and go on to have healthy babies. My step dads sister didnt know she was pregnant until she gave birth and she had a healthy boy. Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy :) xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Friday, March 9th 2012, 10:56pm

Hi Frankie

Try not to worry honey, this is fantastic news!! You can't change the past so just look to the future. Start your folic acid now....have you been eating cereal and green veg at all as lots of those contain folic acid, I believe.

This seems to be one of those meant to be pregnancies, so just embrace it and run with it. You are so lucky there is no point spoiling it now worrying, I am sure everything will be absolutely fine.

:congrats:

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 8:50am

The others have all given you good advice. I didn't think I could conceive naturally but a miracle happened and I am now 24 weeks pg! Up until nearly 5 weeks I was drinking quite a bit of alcohol, taking Ibuprofen and drinking lots of tea and coffee! Like you I was very worried but I would imagine a vey high percentage of babies have a similar start. As long as you make the changes now, thats all that matters. Congratulations!!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 9:07am

Hi and congratulations!
Most women don't know they are pregnant. Start folic acid now and you'll be fine. Diet and tea don't harm the baby. It's just that if you are having treatment is better not to take too much caffeine. Now you know you are pregnant you can revert to low caffeine intake and a good healthy diet.
Take care and don't worry babydust

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 9:23am

thank you everyone for ur well wishes! I feel alot better now and at ease xx

Natural BFP March 12

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 9:46am

:congrats: What a lovely surprise! Similar happened to me a few weeks back and I was in a bit of a panic over the whole folic acid/caffeine/alcohol thing too! Like the others have said, just start from now and things will be fine I am sure. You could always think about having a early scan if you need to try and pin a date down before 12 weeks.

:goodluck: to you.

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 1:36pm

Hi Frankie and massive congratulations Hun on your BFP!!!! How amazing it is!!! I don't think there is anything you should worry about at all!!! Most ladies who never had/thought they have any fertility issues conceive fast and naturally never know that they are pregnant until 5-6 weeks pregnant and have healthy pregnancy and healthy children!!! With my DS I found out that I'm pregnant when I was 6 weeks and he was born perfect. As we've got fertility issues now we might be over worried about things! So please do not worry and come and join us in BFP chatter Hun!!! Will be nice to see you :)
TTC since Nov.2009
2011 clomid 6x :BFN:
2011 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle 2x :BFN:
Feb.2012 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle :BFP:
6w+2 seen a lovely [zx076]

12w+5 everything looks perfect, measured 66mm OTD 4th of Nov.

It's baby7 arrived on 15.10.2012

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 3:38pm

Huge congratulations Frankie. :balloons: :balloons: If it's any consolation my mum told me she drank tea till it was coming out her ears when she was pregnant with me and my brother and sisters.

I love hearing these miracle stories. xxx