You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Wednesday, February 29th 2012, 8:35am

Baby Girl names ARGHH

Hi Ladies :)

DH and I have started the difficult task of picking a baby name. The part we were dreading as we struggled with DD1 (Lydia).

so we thought we best make an early start on DD2!

The problem is im really fussy but DH is also! so when we do each think of a name we like, chances are the other doesn't like it. I like traditional sounding names like Lydia but something that's not overused. If I had it my way she would be called Polly but DH is dead set against this...I also like Alice but again DH doesnt like this. The only name we both think is ok is Eden but im afraid of it not having that traditional sound.

Any ideas welcome! :)
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Wednesday, February 29th 2012, 9:05am

I absolutely love Eden!!! It's reminds me a very nice fragrance by Cacharel!!! Blend of exotic fruitsand aquatic flora that evoke dreams of paradise.
On the top of this fragrance is Mandarin, Peach, Bergamot, Lemon. Heart is Mimosa, Pineapple, Tuberose, Melon and Base: Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, BlackLocust. Sometimes it's sweet, sometimes it's sour!!! I absolutely love this name!!! And as for traditional sound...who says that??? It's just an opinion of other people and it really matters if you both like the name!!!

All the best xxxx
TTC since Nov.2009
2011 clomid 6x :BFN:
2011 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle 2x :BFN:
Feb.2012 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle :BFP:
6w+2 seen a lovely [zx076]

12w+5 everything looks perfect, measured 66mm OTD 4th of Nov.

It's baby7 arrived on 15.10.2012

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Wednesday, February 29th 2012, 11:23am

Eden is a lovely name, not sure how traditional it is though? I like traditional names too, but also some of the more "modern" types like Summer or Skye (despite my sister's comment that Summer is "a bit Neighbours"!!). LO is due on the summer solstice, so we have said she'll have a second middle name of Summer if she turns up then :) Other middle name is Mary, for both grandmothers. Our main list at the moment includes Ciara, Cara, Niamh, Aoife (Irish families, can you tell :)), Rebecca, Talia, and Freya. We also love Isabelle and Amelia, but both are very popular at the moment.

I've found a few different babyname sites - these are my 3 favourites at the moment

http://www.babynames.co.uk/popular-baby-names - can generate a chart showing the popularity of a name in the UK over the past 100 years
http://www.behindthename.com/ - lots of names split by origin, also does popularity rankings
http://www.nymbler.com/ - suggests alternative names based on your preferences

Also interesting is
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/publications/r…tcm%3A77-243746 - Office of National Statistics, baby names for 2010. If you download the spreadsheet, the final tab gives a complete list of all names registered more than 3 times that year.
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, February 29th 2012, 12:12pm

I like traditional sounding names too but I also like names with some sort of meaning behind them, or family names. My LO is Otylia (after my grandmother) and Tilly for short. But I liked Dahlia, Darcy, Aurora, Juliet, Eve, Lucy, Anna.

I also like names from Poland (which is where my family are from, mainly because they end in A!) Andrzelika (Angelica) Katarzyna (Kathrine) Kamila, Agnieszka, Anna, Kasia, Joasia, The list is endless!

I think the main thing is that you both like it though!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Monday, March 5th 2012, 9:07am

Thanks for all the lovely suggestions!

caraz - thanks for the links...i especially liked Nymbler! I typed in my favourite names and it came back with alot of good alternatives.

As it happens im still not overly keen on Eden. I think my top choices are Polly, Amelie or Alice.....DH likes none of these but hasn't expressed complete dislike for Amelie. The only other name we like is Lottie but i'm keen to avoid 'L' names with DD1 being called Lydia. I just dont want it to sound like we've done it on purpose. What are people's thoughts on using the same letter for siblings? Lydia and Lottie?

xx
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, March 5th 2012, 2:54pm

Eden is a very American name isn't it.
Our other top 5 girls names were as follows. We ended up with Amelia (Mimi for short)

Matilda
Ruby
Layla
Cecilia (Cece for short) If we were lucky enough to get another girls that's the name we would have)
Polly

I love old fashioned names and I don't like modern ones much.
My DGD's are Violet and Willow. I love both those too.

Also in the running were Betsy,Bella, Ava, Eva (Eva became a middle name) Maisie and Maya.

It's hard isn't it.
Good luck and have fun choosing. Don't let it stress you out. X
I like Lottie and you shouldn't give a stuff what people think. Having both names start with an L is actually very nice. I would have as I said a Cecilia so that means Id have an Amelia and a Cecilia. A Mimi and a Cece.

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Mar 5th 2012, 2:56pm)

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: One daughter born Feb '11

Sunday, May 13th 2012, 3:07pm

Hi not sure if it's too late to post if you've had your baby yet?

I found choosing a girls name so hard - I gave up in the end and let DH choose.

Funnily enough, towards the end I had settled on Eden too. Then, everywhere I looked there were signs that put me off it - the ne 'Eden' Channel was being launched on sky, our local shopping center suddenly had a new area called the Eden center. Then a friend of my DH had a baby and called it Eden. I was totally put off it (it's still a nice name though).

In the end we went with Ellise - I love it so much, it's traditional but slightly French and with a different spelling and I don't hear of any other girls with this name - obviously I'm sure there are some somewhere. I really don't like names that everone seems to call their children, but I still like pretty and classic names.

If we are ever lucky enough enough to have another girl (going to see if we can do egg share in the near future) then I like the name Anais (i'll probably change my mind) and for a boy I like Albert - although some people may think it's a bit fogey ha ha

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests