You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 8:32pm

weight gain in the first trimester

feeling a bit down about my weight gain so far ladies :( i know its silly but with DD I gained about 3 stone and although I lost it all after giving birth I think this may have been down to postpartum depression because i completely lost my appetite for about 9 months. I decided to make sensible food choices this time round and im almost 8 weeks pregnant and i've gain 6.5 lbs already! The main issue im having is i feel sick if i dont eat so i am eating all day log (even at 3am i wake up starving and sick) and am eating things like porridge, potatos, cereal, pasta, toast just to stay fuller! Im also eating fruit and veg but these dont even touch the sides - I just feel like especially this time round i look much bigger and it's getting difficult to hide! Dont get me wrong im excited about my tummy getting bigger but its the hips, bum and thighs im not as keen on!
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, December 28th 2011, 7:54am

HI Jen,
Here in Italy they aim for peole to put 1 Kg (about 2.2 pounds) per month during pregnancy. You need to try and eat a balanced diet during pregnancy. Why don't you ask your GP for help?
Take care and I hope you feel better too.

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, December 28th 2011, 8:23am

Jen, I know its easy to say, but I really wouldnt worry about it. Plenty of mums put on lots in the first tri and then hardly anything at all later on in their pregnancy. Also remember its not fat that you are gaining, well not all of it. Its extra fluid, extra uterus, extra boobs, oh and some baby. A lot will fall off virtually overnight after the birth. The small proportion of what you are gaining that is fat is fuel being stored for feeding that baby once its out, so the stuff you don't loose instantly, you will loose more slowly by breastfeeding, but you will loose it. Regular carbs are a good way to stave off morning (noon and night) sickness and it looks to me like you are choosing sensibly, I went for biscuits and hoola hoops, not so good! If sickness allows, a bit of gentle exercise is a good idea, walking, swimming, cycling, yoga etc... Just be careful not to start anything new and overly strenuous. Hopefully the sicky feeling will pass and you can reduce your carbs a bit as your pregnancy progresses. Please try and stay off the scales.

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 9th 2011

Wednesday, December 28th 2011, 3:40pm

Hi,
Since starting my ivf and I am now 6 w2days pregnant I have gained over half a stone. Think or hope it is all the stuff they give u as been quite good, even over Christmas were food is concerned. Can't believe it and aready look 5 months!