You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

LGC

Ace

• "LGC" started this thread

Reg: Feb 20th 2011

Monday, December 12th 2011, 5:00pm

3 Scans in as many weeks and not looking good

We have been for third scan in as many weeks and there is a faint heart beat but only 80bpm and they would expect 120 and on;y 4mm and should be more like 15mm once again they said, its not looking like a strong prgnancy and likely to misscarry, come back next week???????????? I have booked an appointment for next week but I don't see the point, there is nothing I can do to stop a misscarraige, If this was a natural first pregnancy I would not be being scanned everyweek, when I asked them at the clinic they said that they don't like to discharge us until they know all is fine. we have to travel 3 hours each way to clinic, its a nightmare journey and both of us having to take a full days holiday its not easy plus the cost of petrol etc. I'm not sure what to do one one hand I could go back on 20th and get great news that the little one is back on track and that would make for a lovely christmas or we go back and its the same message as today or I could just wait and see what happens and go back in early Jan. My other half says its up to me bless him........ I'm confused. Has anyone else been through similar xx
1st cycle march/april 2011 - long protocol - abandonded after EC as only 2 immature eggs retrived - further tests showed I had a low egg reserve ?(
2nd cycle october 2011 =- short protocol - :BFP: - misscarraige at 10 weeks at christmas :bawl:
3rd cycle April 2012 - short protocol - :BFN: :sadface:
4th Cycle August 2012 :BFN: :tear:

New Journey to adoption hopefully to start soon

My Diary[/url]

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Monday, December 12th 2011, 5:13pm

I haven't been though anything like your situation hun I just didn't want to read and run. I am so sorry your going through this I can't imagine how your feeling. I have everything crossed for you that next weeks scan brings some good news and little one has caught up. I hope someone comes along soon to advise you properly, good luck am thinking of you xxxxxxx [zx127]

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, December 12th 2011, 5:40pm

Hi Hon

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I am afraid a similar thing happened to my SIL. It was diagnosed at week 7 with 80BPM and she was told that it did not look like a viable pregnancy. Sadly the heart had stopped beating by the 8 week scan. I know that things can change too & I will have my fingers crossed very tightly for you. Ref the long drive, could you not go to your local EPU for a scan instead of all the way to the clinic?

Good luck honey. I am hoping for a christmas miracle for you. xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
xmas45

Monday, December 12th 2011, 5:43pm

So sorry to hear what you are going through. Could you get yourself checked out by the EPU at the Norwich Norfolk instead? There is a great unit there and I'm sure they could give a second opinion without the long journey.

Thinking of you x

1st IVF :BFN: 1st FET no transfer :sadface: 2nd IVF :BFP: DS born 2012
2nd FET :BFP: early loss :sadface: 3rd IVF Feb/Mar14 :BFN: 4th IVF Aug/Sept 14 :BFN:

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Monday, December 12th 2011, 6:26pm

Hi hun, [zx127]

Sorry to say I had the same experience last year, at the first scan no heartbeat, 2days later a strong heartbeat but small for that timeframe. At the fourth scan, 2weeks later (8weeks) no heartbeat. I didn't have a spot of blood at 11weeks and chose to have an ERPC to fully miscarry.

I agree listen to Curlytails and Taxihome, go to your local EPU if it's nearer. Your GP can refer you there. Also you shouldn't be taking annual leave, you are pregnant, every appointment even if it's not going well is an antenatal appointment, so if you haven't told your employer maybe it's worth telling them to save your leave.

I really hope yours is a happy ending, but you're right to want to make it easier on yourself, it's stressful enough without the long journey there and back. Good luck, keep us posted if you can x
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Blue

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Monday, December 12th 2011, 6:37pm

Dear LGC,
I'm so sorry you have this worry, and I also definitely recommend you call up your local early pregnancy unit, and/or see your GP. (Every EPU is different, some you can self-refer, others need a GP referral). The EPU is set up to care for early pregnancies, they have much better scanning equipment, and will be able to give you a plan.
Please keep us posted on what happens, and I'll be keeping everything crossed for you.
Blue
xxx

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Monday, December 12th 2011, 8:04pm

:cuddle Sorry to hear your news - it is best to be scanned so that you know exactly what is going on - but i also agree with the other ladies get referred to you EPU - it will take the stress out of the journey - sadly not out of what else is going on.

Thoughts are with you xx

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

LGC

Ace

Monday, December 12th 2011, 8:22pm

Thanks so much everyone for all your comments and kindness xxxxx
1st cycle march/april 2011 - long protocol - abandonded after EC as only 2 immature eggs retrived - further tests showed I had a low egg reserve ?(
2nd cycle october 2011 =- short protocol - :BFP: - misscarraige at 10 weeks at christmas :bawl:

My Diary[/url]

LGC

Ace

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 7:30pm

I have advised the clinic that I am not going to the scan on tuesday and asked if I can go back after christmas. I will see what they say. I have thought long and hard about this and I just want to see what happens, I am fully prepared for a misscarraige and I know that it may still happen even if I don't bleed or anything and waiting a couple of weeks for a scan won't make any difference, I am just waiting to see what the clinic say. I just feel like either I will misscarry or the baby will catch up and be fine, though I know the second option is very unlikely what difference will a scan make? none, there is nothing that can be done to prevent misscarraige we all know that better than most I don't smoke, have not had a drink or caffine for months, I'm not over weight I'm taking supplements with folis acid etc in I'm eating healthy and avoiding all the things they say. We all know its just one of those cruel things.

I just wanted to say thanks to you all for your comments and words of support and advice it really does help

Thanks

My Diary[/url]

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 7:47pm

Hi Hon

I admire your decision honey. Should you have any pains or bleeding though, please pop to your local EPU. I will hope this doesnt happen as i am still crossing my fingers for a beautiful Christmas miracle! Xxx

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE