You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Blessedin2011" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, December 9th 2011, 8:26pm

Favourite Toys for 0-12 months

Hi

I just wanted to ask other mums what your child's favourite toy was for the age range 0 - 12 months?

My son will be 5 months on Boxing Day and there are so many toys out there that all look good but just wondered if there were particular ones that your child loved and constantly played with, as well as being educational for them at that age.

I just want ideas for Christmas as even though he is still very young and will probably enjoy playing with the wrapping paper just as much :snigger: I do want to get him a few fun toys to play with.

His main present is a highchair (though not really an exciting present for him) as we will be looking to wean him in the new year. I have bought a steering wheel toy that sticks to the tray on the chair that he can play with, or at least I hope he will. I have also got him a soft football (DH wanted this for him LOL!).

Toys he already has are - jumperoo, playmats, playring, soft cubes, a few handheld toys suitable for teething (inc Sophie the Giraffe who he doesn't really like), a nursery rhyme book that plays the rhymes and a teething blanket (like a tiger).

Thanks xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, December 9th 2011, 8:47pm

The 'Thats not my...' books. My LO still loves them. Anything that makes a sound. Stacking cups were a good one. Imitation things that she shouldn't have like an old telly remote, mobile phone etc!

We also have a tent that she liked and still likes to hide in. Anything 'In The Night Garden' is also a hit in out house.

O was about 10 months at her first Christmas and wasn't really interested in stuff. In fact she just crawled right around the presents and went to the stuff she recognised!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Friday, December 9th 2011, 8:55pm

For us there were 2 really good purchases:

1) Vtech Discovery Tree, we got it for him when he was about 7 months as they really need to be able to sit up to use it - although at this age he still needed help from me to stay sitting up - he loved it and played with it for hours, then when he could crawl he played with the balls for hours, now at 2 years old he will still play with it for hours but he does tend to experiment with what other toys will fit down the ball shute which usually requires me to get whatever it is back out again once it's stuck. Highlight for me was when, after putting the small balls down the hole, he went and got his Thomas the Tank Engine Football and optimistically tried to get that down it.

2) FisherPrice laugh and learn table, this one might be better for you because you can take the legs off it and it can then be played with by babies who can't stand, J used to sit between my legs to play with this one, then when he could sit by himself I put 2 legs on it so it tilted itself up and then once he started to pull himself up I put the other 2 legs on and he used to stand at it for hours. He still plays with it now, although it has waned in interest for him and I can't see it lasting him much longer. The dopwnsides are that you will find yourself singing the songs and tunes from the damn thing long after you've put it away.

Like Flic says stacking cups are always good as they never lose interest, and also blocks for building up.

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Friday, December 9th 2011, 9:47pm

Stacking cups and link rings are popular in our house too, DD1 still loves them and grabs them from DD2.

Vtech First Steps Baby Walker, the front comes off so little ones can play with it on the floor before they can crawl, our girls have both enjoyed the lights and sounds on it.

Adam the Adder from Babies R Us, it sounds odd to give a baby a toy snake but both our girls have enjoyed snake wrestling him and now DD1 wears him like a scarf sometimes when we take our dog out. :snigger:

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, December 9th 2011, 9:59pm

I am going to call you Queen of the Threads because you start the bestest ones.

I love all Galt toys.
I also love the bus shape sorter fron ELC. My DGD's adore theirs.
Another fav of mine is the Vtech scout bear. You press his paws and he speaks the babys name and talks about his fav food etc. It did appear on Watchdog but only because the word bark sounded questionable and possibly a swear word to some strange ears. I believe it has since been sorted. To me it never did.
My nephew is 2 and still takes his Scout to bed with him.
Mimi has one for xmas off her bro and both DGD's own one. There is a girly version called Violet so my Vi has that. All the others inc my curly have the green scout because we like him the bestest.

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Friday, December 9th 2011, 10:44pm

You could make your own treasure basket. My girls loved ours from as soon as they could sit up and would spend hours picking up each item. You take a large wicker basket and fill it with lots of natural items with different textures - pine cones, wooden spoons, measuring cups, smooth stones - anything you fancy as long as it isn't brightly coloured plastic (plenty of time later for that!).
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, December 9th 2011, 11:28pm

I forgot the glow worm. All babas need a glow worm! I remember them from when i was a dot thing.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 8:35am

Some great ideas, thanks ladies thumbup

Definitely gonna check out the Vtech toys, and Newlywed I love your idea of a treasure basket.

Taxi - I had a gloworm when I was a kid smile2 and I was looking at the Bus shape sorter on the Mothercare website so may get that.

Oh and stacking cups seem like a firm favourite so think I will get some of those too. It's hard not to go a bit mad isn't it as I want to ensure he has enough to keep him entertained during activity time but also have toys that he will be interested in. I guess every child is different but there are always some that seem more popular aren't there?

Anyway, thanks again ladies.

xxx

What's Up?

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 8:56am

Oops, I have just noticed similar threads in the child 0 - 1 section. Should've checked that first but still nice to hear more ideas.

xx

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 9:17am

Have to agree with Polly Pocket, DS has the Vtech First Steps Walker with the detachable tray. He played with it on the floor constantly and loved the lights and sound and it teaches them response. It's still a favourite in our house and he's not started walking yet so there's still more fun to come with it.
Best money I ever spent.

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 10:00pm

I was coming in to say Glowworm, G had one for his first xmas from my sis (He was 6 weeks old it was for nostalga!!) But he still sleeps with it, hes called Gordon and I now have a back up one although he knows the difference. He also loved his vtexh cube you pushed it and it sung a different song on each side. x

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, December 12th 2011, 8:24am

We have a wooden stacking lighthouse from Ikea that was a present for DD2s first Christmas. Both my girls love to play with it even now and the oldest is 5 and turns her nose up at anything that doesn't have the words Disney and Princess written on it! I have this belief that wooden toys are better than anything that makes a noise but I think thats just my snobbery. The Fisher Price singing teapot with 2 cups and 3 little plastic cakes has been a big hit, they love force feeding me cups of tea. Little tea sets are essential IMO. Its never too soon for mega blocks either.

Books we love include any of the 'That's not my...' as recommended by Flic, Dear Zoo, Goodnight Moon, anything by Janet and Alan Albergh, Gruffalo, Snail and the Whale, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Giraffes Can't Dance...

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Monday, December 12th 2011, 11:48am

Great thread!! Josie isn't into toys yet, but she will be soon! She has been bought a Scout for Christmas, my DH would love it if there's a swear word on it hahahaha!!

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, December 12th 2011, 1:48pm

Mrs Jasper I am with you lovely I am with you.

Wooden toys are the bestest well along with soft toys. They last & last. I love them. These will be Mi's 1st b day present too. (They do boys ones too) thumbup

The mouse is from a company called Hippy Chick whom I want to marry & the pram from a company called Moover (They do awesome trucks for boys!) The reviews on them both are fab! :clap

Or for a wooden pram on a budget by Pintoy

Pintoy Doll's Buggy: Amazon.co.uk: Baby

If you want to start collecting something for them that will give them years & years of Joy & can be passed down from generation to generation, may I suggest anything by Moulin Roty. Mi has a few of the less expensive ones & I do intend to get her a couple a year.

LINK NOT FZ ENDORSED

LINKS NOT FZ ENDORSED!!!!

[zx071]
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Dec 12th 2011, 2:00pm)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 7:27am

Definitely tea set. Doesn't matter whether you have a pink or a blue. Forcing you to drink tea is a must. Mrs J is spot on.

Megablocks are good too.

I have to endorse the Vtec stroller thing. I loved it. All the lights and sounds. Then when she learnt to walk she would run me over with it making me jump and shout mch to her amusement! (it has now been confiscated and given away!)

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE