You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mim

• "mim" started this thread

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Friday, October 28th 2011, 3:52pm

Any positive outcomes with this type of experience? Blood Test results at 12 weeks scan received today?!?

I am going to be short as I am quite upset right now , I received the down syndrome results today and my happiness was short lived ,the result stated that my baby is a low risk for down syndrome 1:50000 ,I was so happy ,till I looked on the other page the blood results which were
TEST NAME CONC. UNIT CORR.MoM
Bhcg 8.98 ng/ml 0.23
NT 1.50 mm 1.02
PAPP-A 647 Mu/L 0.31

Well it didn’t say anything but I have read the bhcg and PAPPA-A should be 1MoM each ,so I rang the screening co-ordinator ,I asked her she started well you are very low risk for downs ,it is weird that you are calling ,she said, as I actually showed specifically your results to the doctor ,but you are having a scan and if there is abnormality they will see it … I asked what are you talking about ,when I already had the dreadful answer, She said it could be Trisomy 13 or 18 or could be normal baby ,or of unconfirmed study premature ,stillborn ,uterine restriction or placental issue,
I sank into the ground…. All I can think about is how is it all possible complications are coming our way , I can’t stop crying today and I feel so lost …
Anybody? Any positive outcomes with this type of experience?
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

mim

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?

Friday, October 28th 2011, 7:33pm

anybody?
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Friday, October 28th 2011, 7:43pm

Hi Mim,

I don't have an answer to this for you but I will ask in the staff room to see if any of the experienced ladies there can help. I really hope everything turns out OK and I will keep everything crossed.

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Friday, October 28th 2011, 9:00pm

Blimey Mim. I am so sorry you have this additional stress!

I'm sorry I don't have any advise but hopefully someone comes along soon.
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

Blue

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, October 28th 2011, 9:23pm

Hi Mim,
Don't worry!
If I understand this correctly, the estimated risk for Downs and the other chromosomal syndromes is a combination of the scan result (contributes 70%) and the blood tests (30%). The scan is more reliable and accurate, and that is why it contributes more to the overall risk. And your risk was calculated to be incredibly low!
There may be many reasons why your blood results might not be in range - it depends on things like your age and weight, for example. But given your scan must have gone extremely well, I am sure a normal baby is the most likely outcome (and would have been why the doctor was not bothered by the results).
If you remain worried, you could perhaps book yourself in for a scan in a few weeks time, just to check on how your little one is growing.
Hope that helps,
B
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Friday, October 28th 2011, 9:32pm

Mim so sorry this worry has been put on you, am glad blue came along to help hope it provides you with a little reassurance. Hope everything turns out ok [zx127] xxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Blue

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, October 28th 2011, 9:45pm

Everything that you never wanted to know about nuchal scans can be found in the "English" PDF here:
The Fetal Medicine Foundation / The 11-13 weeks scan

Note: "In trisomy 21 pregnancies at 11–13+6 weeks, the maternal serum concentration of free b-hCG is higher (about 2 MoM) and PAPP-A is lower (about 0.5 MoM) than in chromosomally normal fetuses."

For everything else:
Trisomy 13 or 18 - for anyone who is pregnant, the only way to rule out a trisomy is via CVS or amniocentesis. But that being said, with a trisomy, they can nearly always see something on the scan that indicates there might be a problem. The baby might be more than 5 days small, the nasal bone might be missing, blood flow across valves in the heart might be abnormal, and the NT is big (yours was small).
Uterine restriction - this would show up in the measurements they take of the baby, the one across the tummy is one of the most important
Placental tissue / premature / stillborn - not sure what these means, especially at the time these blood tests and scans were taking place.

I've had heartbreaking news delivered during a scan before. This has made me terrified of scans (and made me study everything about them). I can highly recommend getting a scan at the Fetal Medicine Centre (Harley Street). It's not cheap (£200). But you get a lot of time with a doctor, you are not rushed, they will take many MANY measurements of your baby, and answer all of your questions.

B
x

My Diary

Elena12

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Sunday, October 30th 2011, 11:35am

Hi Mim, I m sorry you're having such a hard time again with a new worry...I'm thinking of you loads and praying that everything works out for you. Pls have faith, they are saying its low risk Mim, Im sure it ll be ok in the end... Sending you loads of [zx127] ...
BTW I tried to reply in your diary and I couldn't I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Sunday, October 30th 2011, 12:02pm

Hi Mim,

I have no real advice relating to this but what I would say is not to think too much about the blood results. During my journey with Jessica I was told that the scan is far more accurate and in fact, a lot of the medical professionals told me that they didn't really like the blood testing as it causes so much undue worry and stress which isn't good for mum or baby. When is your scan?

h
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

mim

What's Up?

Monday, October 31st 2011, 9:13am

Thank you so much ladies ,

I am going crazy now and have horrible headache since Saturday have not slept much and just want to enjoy the pregnancy but at this time I hate myself ,why can’t one thing just be normal for me ,I am so worried that I may have to end up deciding what to do if it turns out true,,,,,
Blue thank you very much , I hope you and Hayley are right and baby is all normal , I would love this baby anyway but if it has trisomy 13 or 18 I may not even get to have the baby for more than a few minutes which is what terrifies me , I read I lot over the weekend and it is true that lower hcg and lower papp a may indicate trisomy 13 or 18 or it could be the placenta problem ,which makes me think ,I had three severe bleeds in this pregnancy with subchorionic hematoma ,so I wonder if it affected ,I also read one unconfirmed dr’s post about the effect on the blood tests by the kidney function in autoimmune illnessses ,the day I had the blood test I end up in hospital with kidney infection so I am hanging onto this it may be the reason … The worst thing I did this weekend is I went onto websites with kids with trisomy 18 and it broke my heart ,
I have an epu scan on the 8th but this is to check my huge sore ovaries and I hope to be able to ask them to have a look and also to find out the sex ;)
On the 25th November is when two teams apparently are looking at baby one for the heart and one to see if there are ant abnormalities ,how can they make me wait so long?
Hayley what were your blood and nt results with Jess?
Or anyone did you have similar results?
I can’t believe baby can be that sick when at week 13 was doing so well on the scan…
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

Blue

United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Monday, October 31st 2011, 9:48am

Just PM'ed you,
x

My Diary

Reg: Aug 9th 2009

Children: None, M/C Nov 08; M/C May 09; M/C June 10

Monday, October 31st 2011, 10:56am

Hugs Mim. Is there any way of asking if they can do the tests earlier? I really hope all is well.
TTC 14yrs
Clomid x 6 BFN's
4 BFPs m/c's
2x IVF - poor response
NK CD19+/CD5+
Immune IVF -ve
Immune IVF +ve, m/c
3/16Hashimotos''s and peri-menopausal

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE