You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Princesslittlehead" started this thread

Reg: Oct 9th 2010

Children: Twins a healthy boy/girl and a baby boy in heaven xx

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 7:39pm

Is anybody having or had the flu jab in early pregnancy?

Hi ladies, I just wondered if anyone has had or is having the flu jab that is currently advertised for pregnant women? Ive booked an appointment for it in a couple of weeks but cant help but worry if im doing the right thing. I guess im worried it may do more harm than good? xx
Dec 2011 beautiful angel baby5 twins Nov 2012 :boy: :girl:

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
What next? :sadface:

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 7:41pm

I think I will have it. I haven't booked it yet but I will discuss it with my midwife next week.

1st IVF :BFN: 1st FET no transfer :sadface: 2nd IVF :BFP: DS born 2012
2nd FET :BFP: early loss :sadface: 3rd IVF Feb/Mar14 :BFN: 4th IVF Aug/Sept 14 :BFN:

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 7:46pm

Im not with a midwife at the minute im still with the fertility clinic. Maybe i should call them for advise. Im just concerned that the weather is changing im at more risk of getting flu and ive read in my pregnancy book tonight that your immune system is lowered during pregnancy. So many decisions to make in pregnancy i never realised!! x

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 7:47pm

I've had it in pregnancy. It was 2008 and I was approximately 14 weeks, so not really that early. My baby is now 2 1/2 years old and is fine. I've also given it to at least 20 pregnant women and most of them are still pregnant at the moment. In my role, I don't tend to see pregnant women for anything else but I do meet them again when their babies come in for their 8 week immunisations. The ones that have reached that stage are fine, their babies are fine too.

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 7:50pm

Thanks for that MrsJasper. Its just hard not to worry about everything isnt it! xx

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 7:56pm

Weird I was going to post this question today ,but I am also worried because I take steroids so my immune system is non-existent ,so how am I going to make antibodies when i take the steroids to suppress antibodies , but i spoke to the doctor today at the rheumatology and she said it is fine ,but i am not convinced ,any of you with autoimmune issues and on steroids had the jab?

just to add I got a letter saying I should get it otherwise have to sign that I dont want it.
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART bab11

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mim" (Oct 25th 2011, 7:59pm)

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 7:57pm

I had the flu jab in pregnancy and as you can see from my ticker all was fine. I can't remember how many weeks I was but it was in the first trimester.

x

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 8:38pm

I had mine done at 11 weeks. Reason was I was immune suppressed so I didn't want to risk getting rally poorly.

Felt fine afterwards and so far so good with little one!
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

mim

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 2:21pm

I am still worried I read a few forums stating that it increases mc rates and stillbirths ,this is from people that had it?!? it would be nice to get more opinions ,i can also post a link to what I have read should i?
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART bab11

mim

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 2:25pm

but I can see comments on the flu jab and the swine one ,so what is the flu one ,because if it is just for flu and cold what is the point of risking it.
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: None!!!!

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 2:30pm

I would have it once I am offered one. The reason is I have to travel by train to work now, and the amount of sniffling/coughing people around is alarming me. I easily pick ups colds (well over the last few years), and if I can do something to prevent me getting the flue, I would.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
IVF#1 Nov 2010 - :BFN:
AMH - 1.49

IVF#2 Sep 2011 - :BFP:
Two [zx076] at 7w+1, 10w, 12w+1
20 week scan - all is well
Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !
28 weeks scan - both babies are measuring average, 1.2kg estimated weight each!

cheenab

Superstar

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy Zachary born 27/4/12

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 2:38pm

I rang my doctors surgery when I was about 6 weeks and asked if I needed to have it done and they said its not compulsory for pregnant ladies to have it, so I decided not to. Just my own personal choice, I will probably regret it when I'm full of a cold :snigger:

Me 28-Dp 31 TTC 5+Yrs
Me PCOS-Dp "Perfect [zx151]"
IVF April 2011-No transfer due to OHSS :(
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born via c section on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz :D
CheenaB's Diary

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 7:15pm

well its says that if you get swine flu whilst pregnant it can cause m/c or medical problems with your baby. So i think the jad is flu and swine flu prevention now which is why its advertised on tv for people including pregnant. Mim im unsure now what to do im gona call my clinic and see what they suggest. Ive been sneezing this week which got me a little worried xx

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 8:04am

This years seasonal flu vaccine has the H1N1 strain in it (Swine flu). It also has 2 other strains in which are predicted by the World Health Organisation to be circulating in the UK when the flu season hits us. Pregnancy puts big demands on the body, your immune system is naturally depleted to prevent the body from rejecting the fetus, which is why you catch every cough and cold available! Also Flu is NOT a cold. It makes you very ill and in vulnerable people (such as the elderley, young babies and people with suppressed immunity) it can lead to complications such as bronchitis, pnuemonia and meningitis. Annually approximately 3000 deaths are attributed to flu. This is taken from here: http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/grou…t/dh_130757.pdf This is not an FZ endorsed link.
The vaccine will not stop you getting a cold but a cold is not the same thing as flu. A cold makes you miserable and uncomfortable, especially as sudofed is off the menu during pregnancy, but flu can kill you. I had the vaccine, I would again and I completely recommend it.

mim

What's Up?

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 1:33pm

Mrs jasper thanks for the info ,I do not feel easy about it as I do understand nhs stuff are told what to do this year , I feel that the jab is forced by nhs to make sure the costs on hospitals etc. are minimized ,i do understand that it is the government that decides ,but I am also aware that the jab does not get tested as it is produced 1-2 months prior to the flu season ,I have studied biology at school too and i do understand the virus can mutate very fast so there is no guarantee that the strain that one will get will be the one that has received in the jab ,I do wonder how did our mothers did without any of these probably was better not having Google etc. ;)
here is a link with simple answers to the safety of this jab ,if it’s not tested is it safe?
Vaccine for swine flu may be unsafe warns WHO | News this one is an older news but it states it clearly
Should pregnant women have the swine flu jab? | Life and style | The Guardian
who knows ,I read quite a few forums with pregnant woman reported mc within 3 days of the jab it worries me....

JABS Forum - H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Miscarriage Reports

it could be all ok but with so much info it just makes it difficult ,for example a simple antibiotics which were safe in pregnancy were given to my husbands mom ,and this has affected his teeth,which in todays day has been said it does but back than it was safe
my first niece was also born with condition suspected due to my sisters injections she had to have which were safe
I was born with kidney issue due to radiation exposure,
so Ithis is why i worry .dont mean to be negative just have some experience in the family from non tested meds,
is it enough info to go ahead with it with the little info we have ,my gp has not provided any proper info on what the jab contains and what could go wrong and is it simply because they dont know?
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mim" (Oct 27th 2011, 1:39pm) with the following reason: add link

Reg: Oct 19th 2006

What's Up?
Tech support is currently limited

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 3:15pm

Baby deaths 5 times higher among pregnant women who caught swine flu | Mail Online

It's the Daily Mail but the study facts are reported the same elsewhere

We already have a thread about the vaccine, this thread will be merged into that one

Swine Flu Vaccine

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests