You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "kungfulisa" started this thread

Reg: Apr 18th 2006

Children: 5 year old daughter

Thursday, August 31st 2006, 2:02pm

How is everyone doing?

Just thought I would start up a new thread to ask how everyone is doing. Everyone seems to be plodding along - is this usual for the 2nd tri boards?

I still don't have a proper bump, as soon as there is something to talk about, I'll post on the bump pics thread. How are all the newish 2nd tri girls bumps doing?

I am glad to say that the horrible morning sickness feelings have gone, and I have got much higher energy levels - hallelulah!!! Still a bit spotty, stillholding out for a bit of blooming later on.

Massive problems with clothes though, maternity still way too big and normal clothes way too small. have resported to hair bobbles to fix all my trousers and jeans. There are still a lot of people at my place of work who don't know that I'm pg, as I can still hide it very well.

Boobs are defo growing, and itch all the time. As soon as I get in from work, off comes the bra, it's a wonderful feeling. This wonderful feeling is however counteracted by the fact that I'm starting to get piles!

I can't wait to find out the sex of the baby, it's really frustrating now. just need to know, havn't had my scan date through yet so even more frustrated. All I seem to be doing a the moment is wishing time away - can't wait for 20 wk scan, can't wait to have proper bump, can't wait until I go on maternity, can't wait until baby is born. Oh my goodness!!

How is everyone else feeling?

xxx
Lisa

:xxx3:

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
DD arrived Feb 2007 at 37 weeks and 6 days
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

foxy

Reg: Apr 28th 2006

Thursday, August 31st 2006, 6:02pm

RE: How is everyone doing?

Hey lady and everyone else,

I'm fine got a bump but its more around my belly button, I think my fat has been pushed up there so everyone at work thinks it's growing fast?
I have noticed when lying down a hard sort of band above my pubic bone so I guess this is the baby or top of the uterus? Got aches in the morning, bladder and wee problems so i will try to drink less late.

I can't wait too for the second scan to see flubber again and have decided to not find the sex out - he wins again. But I have bought a few bits and pieces - neutral unfortunately and have been told to put the buggy away so its packed off in its bag. I was really tempted to take it out to the park and borrow my friends rabbit Orlando to put in it, but alas it's bagged up.

Not happy about been back at work it will be hell Monday I'm a lecturer and it is the worst day of the year but I'm dying to see personel when I will be off It might be the end of December - blimey. Bit worried about maternity pay and how I will survive so I thought I could start freelance designing maybe but its hard/no time to get started.

Hope everyone is relaxing, just remembered cooked veg is vile especially baby corn nearly yacked other day and pasta on its own too. This is new, also had pain/indegestion under my left rib from my own spag bol so I can't blame any one.

Sarah xxxx

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Children: Connor 8, Freya 4, Harri and Rhys 3

Thursday, August 31st 2006, 6:21pm

Sorry to butt in but don't worry about your clothes problem, you grow really fast in the 2nd trimester, I remember fitting into a pair of trousers on the Friday for work, then come Monday they wouldnt go anywhere near me!!!

Hope you 2nd trimester ladies are all doing well, it really is the best time of your pg, hope all your scans go ok.................its just amazing to see how much they have grown!!

By the way I have a clothing problem............................NONE of my maternity clothes fit, they all show my belly off, (which is not a pretty site) so I have to walk everywhere pulling my top down, to try and cover it, also my trousers feel to tight when I sit down. So its PJ's most of the day!!

Karenxx

3 Baby Angels

foxy

Reg: Apr 28th 2006

Thursday, August 31st 2006, 7:28pm

Hi Karen,
Getting tops that are long enough is a nightmare I did buy some long tunic style shirts before in the summer plus long/hipster t-shirts/vests these have been my saviour as they cover my bum too.

Sitting down in some of my clothes is difficult when your stomach feels it so I bought cropped leggings (loose around waist) and the tight material leggings to wear under short skirts and dresses these look alright still I think. I cut the elastic waistband off some lycra nike pants I wear alot but you can't hack away merrily with other stuff. I can wear what I want at work but if you have to dress smart this must be a nightmare.

Foxy x

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Friday, September 1st 2006, 9:02am

Sorry to butt in but don't worry about your clothes problem, you grow really fast in the 2nd trimester, I remember fitting into a pair of trousers on the Friday for work, then come Monday they wouldnt go anywhere near me!!!

I agree with that Kaza - also for the 3rd tri - I brought some maternity trousers 2 sizes too big to grow into, they were suffocating me 6 weeks ago!

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Friday, September 1st 2006, 4:07pm

Hiya girlies,

I'm fine and your right Lisa, just plodding along.

Have to say i'm beginning to really enjoy being pg now. I've no sickness feelings anymore but am still tired but other than that i dont feel any different. Cant join you on the clothes issue tho i'm afraid. I've lost more than half a stone and none of my clothes are fitting me cos there too big! I've got pins in my trousers to hold them up and they're all baggy around the bum! No point buying a smaller size tho cos i know i will eventually get bigger.

Had an appt at midwifes today just so i could get her to check the heartbeat as i'm still a bit paranoid over the bleed the other week and its still beating away strongly, so worry over i think. Also wanted to ask her about the weight loss but she said not to worry, everything seems normal. I've not got much of a bump either which i'm pretty gutted about. Wanted it to start growing fast but its not going anywhere just now. Midwife said it could be cos of my tilted womb and that cos its not quite around where it should be yet it means that the baby might be lying back a bit and so not forcing the womb out to give me a bump. Wish it would hurry up tho cos i just want to look pregnant.

Whens everyone starting maternity leave? I can only afford to have 6 months off but am only going back to work part time cos dont want to be away full time. I'm thinking of finishing on 22nd December but my mum and DP think thats too late and should finish about end of November. i dont want to be sitting on my own twiddling my thumbs for ages tho before baby arrives and then have hardly any time with baby when its born. What does everyone else think?

Michelle x
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes.
Lap and dye August 05 unblocked both tubes. :D Hurrah!!!! :D
Natural BFP 05/06/06

My beautiful baby girl was born 2 weeks early on 3rd February 2007

After many up's and down's we're back and ttc naturally in 2013!

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, September 1st 2006, 5:28pm

Hi All,

Doing great apart from all the normal aches and pains not that I am complaining!!! Bump is getting really big now.....am 25 weeks but measuring 31!! I start my maternity leave the end of October and am counting the days seems so long off already!!

Murphsmurf I would finish as early as you can and enjoy the peace and quiet before your little one comes along
TTC for 3 years
Investigative lap done March 04
Right tube and ovary removed in 2nd lap Nov 04
DH poor swimmers
Treatment starting 14th Oct 2005 after a long long wait!!
9/11-Had to abandon due to poor response [zx004]
Hopefully 2nd attempt Jan 06
On second attempt March 2006
April 10th - Amazing BFP!! And its Twins!!!

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Friday, September 1st 2006, 7:06pm

Hi All
I'm doing fine at the moment. Due to start Maternity leave 1 Nov (36 weeks) for 5 months. Wanted to start on 15 Nov as I don't want to sit home waiting for baby but my company won't allow it.

Lisa and Michelle: don't worry, your bumps will soon be growing. I did not start to look PG to others till I was past 20 weeks. Until then even I couldn't believe it - just looked like I was gaining a bit.

As for weight issues - I am still 8 pounds lighter than when I first got my BFP (have gained 4lb from lowest weight) but the evidence of my clothing suggests that I am still losing over my bottom, thighs, arms, and neck and my face is visibly thinner. My normal trousers that were starting to feel tight around my middle are once again fitting me comfortably and none of them are low-cut/hipster style. :rolleyes: Go figure.

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Sunday, September 3rd 2006, 6:25pm

Hi everyone.

I'm starting to look pregnant now. Have bought lots of long t-shirt type tops. Dorothy Perkins is great for these. They cover the tops of my trousers which are either too big or too small :D

Only 2 weeks to my 20 week scan. Once again I just want confirmation that this is real and not just a case of bad trapped wind ;)

I still weigh the same as I did pre pregnancy. Have lost weight from everywhere except my expanding belly. Never thought this would be how I finally lost weight.

I'm self employed and only work a few days each week. I intend to work up to Christmas - if I can still fit in my car.

Sam x
TTC since Jan 2003. DP & Me 34.
Unexplained infertility. 6 months clomid. Hycosy. 4 attempts with insem on NHS.
1st attempt at IVF/ICSI 2 embryos transfered 11th May
Unbelievable BFP 24th May
We have one baby jellybean on board!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Sunday, September 3rd 2006, 6:28pm

...still fit into your car....

I just manage to get in and out of mine!!!!!!!! :D :D

Sunday, September 3rd 2006, 6:29pm

Yes, its a mini - so a squeeze at the best of times :D

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Sunday, September 3rd 2006, 6:34pm

8o ooh!! You'll need to invest in a wrench hahah!

Tuesday, September 5th 2006, 11:23am

Hi girls,

I had the most amazing dream last night.
Dreamt that i'd just given birth and was handed a beautiful baby boy who weighed 7 pound 8 and had a tooth when he was born!

For the first time ever i actually was able to see his face and it was the most beautiful face in the world. He had the chubbiest, cutest cheeks and was so lovely.

Oh, i cant wait to find out now if its all gonna be the same when baby finally arrives. I'll need to remember the weight too to see if my dream is right!

Michelle x
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
Natural BFP 05/06/06

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Tuesday, September 5th 2006, 1:26pm

I still wear loads of my old stretchy trousers and tops. Get a maternity "belt" and then you can wear many of the old tops that start to creap up on the tum...
I got one pair of maternity jeans at 21 weeks (or something like that) and they will do me all the time... The front is elasticated and they sit perfectly over the bottom so the tummy just pops out above. Perfect!

The belly bands are also perfect to put ontop of unbuttoned normal trousers so that you can keep them for longer!

H&M does loads of "normal" clothes that are pretty cheap. If you go shopping then just buy what you would use anyway but that are suitable for preggers.
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 5th 2006, 3:51pm

I didn't find the maternity belts very useful - I think mainly because of the way I'm carrying - mainly low down, my maternity belt didn't support me at all.

H+M are really trendy for mat clothes!

Tuesday, September 5th 2006, 5:33pm

Had my 16 week midwife appointment today, got to hear babys heartbeat. It's really reasurring, although I have felt baby moving about quite a bit (quickening). I asked midwife it was a bit too early to feel qucikening, but she assured me it's perferctly normal at this stage. I can't wait until i can feel it moving around properly, although I'm not keen on it playing football with my internal organs as I've just ra in a book!

Had a bout of morning sickness a few days ago, the first in quite a few weeks. Also, was sick in my mouth on way to midwife today, sorry if TMI but it really freaked me out as I didn't feel sick, had to spit it out in a bush (sorry agagin if TMI). Not the kind of thing you want to be doing when walking along a busy road! Oh the joys of pregnancy.

Still haven't got my 20 week scan date through, just wishing away the days until then really.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

xxx
Lisa

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

MrsG

Reg: Dec 22nd 2005

Wednesday, September 6th 2006, 10:26am

hi all
been away then had probs with comp,
but im back and trying to catch up on posts

i have my first midwife app today, and getting a definate bump,
some of my friend say looks like ive lost weight in my face but ive actually gained 5 pounds..

hope your all ok too

:Dttc 3yrs 1 months
1st ivf abbandond Aug 20052nd Ivf E/r 12the dec 05 E/t 14th dec 05
af arrived on31/12 and tested negative..
3rd ivf E/c 31st may E/t 02.06 testing 19th
OMG got a BFP on 19th june at 4.30am

Wednesday, October 18th 2006, 10:13pm

Hi girls.

Well we're all coming along nicely in this trimester and wont be long til we reach that final hurdle of the third tri!

Hows everyone doing now?

Had a look back at earlier posts and i'd had a dream that i was having a boy! Didnt half get that one wrong did i?

Michelle xx
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
Natural BFP 05/06/06

Thursday, October 19th 2006, 9:58am

Hi Michelle,

Doing really well - and looking forward to the third trimester. Is it at 27 weeks we switch over? I'm trying to make start on making room for a baby but have no motivation which isn't like me at all. Hope the nesting instinct kicks in soon and gets my butt in gear :D

Maybe the dream about the baby boy wasn't wrong - could be baby number 2?

Thursday, October 19th 2006, 10:37am

Sam - My nesting instinct has overtaken everything else! I've cleaned cupboards out for all the baby stuff like nappies, baby shampoos etc that i've not got any of yet! Plus we've completely finished the nursery. Its looking fab and i keep going in it and looking at it thinking how lovely it'll be when she's in it. Got all emotional seeing everything in it when we finished it and had a wee cry ;(

Baby number 2????!! Whats that?! I'm not even thinking about number two yet even though dp's got me pregnant for the next lifetime! He said he'd like 4 all together.

NO CHANCE MR!!

Think it comes from being an only child - he wants tons of them. I would be quite happy with two but i'm more than grateful with having this little one and think that if i'm blessed to get another one life would be perfect but oh god, think i'll wait a year or two before trying for number 2. Dont think i can go through the stress again!
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
Natural BFP 05/06/06

Thursday, October 19th 2006, 10:43am

I think 3rd tri is 29 weeks sam but not too sure. Maybe it is 27. If it is 27 you've def not got long to go Sam :D
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
Natural BFP 05/06/06

Thursday, October 19th 2006, 11:41am

You are organised! Our "baby room" is still the junk room full of our stuff/washing clothes etc with baby stuff checked in a corner! Trouble with having such a wee house - where to put everything...

I thought first tri was 13 weeks then 2nd tri 14 with last being 13? Will have to do some reading.

Monday, October 30th 2006, 10:19am

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would post about how things are progressing. Firstly, I cannot believe my ticker - 30 days until mat leave starts. Bump is growing nicely, I have put on a stone in weight now, dh is scared of my belly, this morning when I made him put his hand on it he jumped as Lily was turning round saying 'Uuurgh, it feels like an alien'!!! Great!!

Have chosen our nursery, almost chosen our pram. We are getting on with doing the rest of the house up. I have passed all of my exams which I have been taking recently. Dh and I are just ready for the baby to come now, well almost. Still got things to do but we are getting on with it all, getting very excited.

My nephew and his girlfriend brought aroung their 2 week old little boy yesterday, who is only 5lb 4 at the moment, he is so tiny. It made me feel so maternal, I held him for the whole time he was round and didn't want to let him go. I'm usually scared of tiny babies, but I wasn't at all this time.

Have got midwife and consultantappointment this week. It's all happening.

Getting some really sharp pains low down which are a little worrying, they don't happen very often though and baby is still moving around and kicking me often, which are getting much stronger now. Also I 'm not sure but think I may of had a braxton hick the other day as I had the weirdest sensation which wasn't particularly pleasant and made me think, 'what the hell was that!'

Hope you are all doing well

Love to hear how you are all progressing.

xxx
Lisa

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

Monday, October 30th 2006, 10:47am

Hi Lisa,

Its strange how my pregnancy seems to be going on forever but I'm still surprised when you and the others say how far gone you are! Just one month until you are on leave! My oh my oh my - not long now!

I've been really worried all weekend. Not had much movement from baby at all and have been so close to going to the hospital but keep managing to talk myself out of it. Had some movement today - just hoping he or she is putting lots of effort into growing and so doesn't have the energy to move! I've also had sharp pains in lower stomach but they last for less than a second so I think they are stretching pains. I was helping my parents move on saturday and think I overdid it a bit - so maybe thats affecting the baby? Its all just one big worry :rolleyes:

Good luck with the appointments later this week. Do you mind me asking what the consultant appoinment is for? Apart from the 12 week check I've only seen my midwife twice and don't see her again until I'm 30 weeks. I have an appointment for the 13th November to have my first Anti D jab.

Well, thats an essay from me!

Sam x

Monday, October 30th 2006, 2:36pm

Hi Lisa and Sam,

We're all flying along now arent we? Cant believe how far on everyone is now. I sometimes think i've been pregnant forever and still have ages to go but other times i think its just flew by and cant believe its all going to be so real so very soon.

I had a midwife app last mon and Isla is growing away fine, next app is at 28 weeks on 20th Nov. Booked my antenatal classes last week too. I'm going to ones that are just for mums on Wed afternoons for 2 and a half hours a time for 6 weeks! My god, how much stuff is there i have to know? And then me and DP are going to 3 evening classes together in January so he gets to know all the same stuff.

Only 29 days til my maternity leave starts now! So looking forward to coming off now as its getting colder. I'm just going to hibernate and do lots of clearing out and organising baby stuff (thats if i've got anything left to do seeing i'm so organised!) for two whole months. Hurrah! :D

Michelle x
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
Natural BFP 05/06/06

Monday, October 30th 2006, 4:14pm

:hi:Hi Sam & Michelle

I have to have cons appointment as I have had ivf (I'm also classified as high risk so I have to have my baby in another hospital!) My local hospital only has a midwife unit, so not doc's incase of problems. It's so unfair, however, there is no choice of having an epidural there.

I'm sure the cons appointment is just to check everything over, although I have had surgery on my cervix before so this needs to be checked out thoroughly to see if I can deliver vaginally (Ughhh, hate that word!)

Sam, your pains sound like the ones I have been having, and I was also really worried as Lily wasn't moving around much but I guess that space is running out so their movements are restricted, if you are really worried though and can't stop thinking about it, maybe you should give midwife or doc a call just to out your mind at rest.

you both sound like your doing fine, it is so exciting though isn't it.

xxx
Lisa

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kungfulisa" (Oct 30th 2006, 4:19pm)

Tuesday, October 31st 2006, 9:27am

Isn't it odd how we all receive different treatment. Because of where I live I fall under three seperate health areas. The docs I go to does things one way, but then the midwife at the docs comes in from another area and then my hospital is in yet another area. To be honest I'm not very happy with the treatment. At my last check up the midwife told me I was classed as high risk because of IVF and rhesus neg blood group. This was a fright - especially when I'd already got to 24 weeks!

So, I was advised to go home and call the hospiatl and tell them I needed an appointment to see the consultant. When I explained why they said I wasn't high risk! Anyway, eventually got an appointment through for 13th Nov. I also had to ask for an app for my Anti D jab even though I was told this would come through automatically. So - not too impressed so far!

Lisa, will you have to travel far to give birth? My pains have eased now so putting them down to stretching pains. Baby gave me a few hard kicks yesterday and have felt some movement today. Like you say its probably getting a bit too cosy in there now :)

Michelle, I envy your hibernation plans! Won't be long now.

Sam x

Tuesday, October 31st 2006, 10:35am

Did you girls feel much at 17wks?
LR
Me 32, hypothyroid,
I have 2 beautiful boys 8 & 6, and one beautiful girl
1st ICSI - 15 eggs - Oct 05 - BFN
2nd ICSI - 22 eggs - egg sharer -Feb 2006 - BFN
I'm a single parent.

Tuesday, October 31st 2006, 2:02pm

Hi Giggles,

At 16-18 weeks I had a few very light "wind" type sensations that I think were the start of the baby moving around. But, who knows - perhaps it was just wind :D

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Tuesday, October 31st 2006, 2:08pm

Hi everyone

How are you all?? Am jealous so many of you start mat leave soon - I cant wait for mine to come in Feb. I have a rather large bump now - today is the first day people started saying to me "oh you are pregnant" instead of looking at me as if i was chubby lol. I am feeling him more and more but panicked there when i did not feel him for a day - have to remind myself he is still so small.

Still been feeling a little poorly - started back on shifts this week - body not enjoying getting up at 3.50am!!! Am only doing the shifts till christmas or Im too big as I walk around for 8hrs basically - was shattered after 2hrs today!!

Am loving being pregnant - still cant believe how much he has come on and that the bump i see in the mirror is mine - had to buy some new clothes this week as I am kinda stretching out of my normal ones now.

Giggles - I felt like bubbly movements at 17weeks - its till pretty much the same I cant call it kicks yet but I am aware when he is moving - more at night after dinner - very rarely during the day. Cant wait for a big kick (i know i will regret that one day soon lol)

Love to you all and your bumps xxxxxxxxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Tuesday, October 31st 2006, 4:30pm

Hi everyone

It is worryng when your baby movements stop, today baby has hardly moved at all but had an antenatal appoint and was a strong hb on doppler - now I can feel her move. Definatley running out of space, movements peeked about 3 weeks ago but now they are more kicks than movement.

Samm, it is confusing isn't it - classed as high risk just because we had ivf, annoys me so much! I don;t have to travel too far to hospital, it's only about 15 miles away, but it takes a good 45 mins as traffic is so busy. Apparently the appointment on thursday will be done by nurses then I have to wait for consultant to analise results then see them, all in same day. Guess I will be there for ages, my midwife told me to take a book!!

We actually bought our pram yesterday from internet. i got the bugaboo in orange and grey (can't believe dh let me have it) I have had to compromise though as I can't have the changing unit I wanted, never mind, i still have time to work on him!

giggles, I started to feel 'quickenings' in my 15th week which just got stronger and stronger, now sometimes she can really hurt!

Hope you are all being 'bumpalicious'

xxx
Lisa

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

Tuesday, October 31st 2006, 5:59pm

Hi girls,

I bought my first pair of maternity trousers today! I'm properly pregnant now!

Giggles - I didnt feel any movement at all until just over 20 weeks! My little Isla is obviously quite lazy and doesnt move all that much. Only really at night from around half 9. Mind you, she kept me awake at 5am this morning. Think she was having a party in there. Dancing about for about 15 mins :D

Only 28 days til hibernating begins! Hurrah!
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
Natural BFP 05/06/06

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Tuesday, October 31st 2006, 6:01pm

My wee one is going mental at the moment - he definately likes this time of night!! Its great eh!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 8:06am

Ooooh I hope mine starts boogeying soon. I'm feeling a little :( today - I don't want to bother my midwife as I'm sure she'll think I'm being stupid. I just want to hear the heartbeat to put my mind at rest ?(
LR
Me 32, hypothyroid,
I have 2 beautiful boys 8 & 6, and one beautiful girl
1st ICSI - 15 eggs - Oct 05 - BFN
2nd ICSI - 22 eggs - egg sharer -Feb 2006 - BFN
I'm a single parent.

MrsG

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 10:20am

hi all
were doing really well too..
bellt getting bigger and bigger
only gained 9lbs but im not concerned as its all bump,
she loves to kick around all the time now hubby felt her last night and was shocked tooo.... was like oooooooooooooo its odd said yes how do you tink we feel lol
men!!!! lol

got antenatal on fri pm
as for consultant waist of time really just another antenatal...thought it would be something different happening wish they had told me what it was so i wasnt anxoius about it.
anyway look like we are all doing really well

lisa i got those pians the other night sharp pain.. think its as the baby is running out of space so we feel more now

only 4 more weeks and we are in the 3rd trimester

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 12:02pm

Glad you are wll kim

Only 4 more weeks - that's unbelievable isn't it!!!!
Lisa

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 1:07pm

So, is it 28 weeks we move over to third tri then? Blimey, if it is I only have a week to go - better get my a**e in gear :D

I'm officially 6 months gone today - baby due on 1st Feb. Has felt much longer but bet these next few weeks fly by.

Wednesday, November 1st 2006, 3:46pm

OMG Sam

Can't believe it - 1 week then your in the big league!

Only seems like yesterday when you announced your bfp!
Lisa

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 9:36am

You won't be far behind me Lisa :happydance:

I'm strangely very calm at the thought of giving birth but am now getting really anxious at the thought of being responsible for this child for, well, the rest of my life! 8o I'm 34 but feel like a 20 year old. Does anyone else have these concerns? Its also suddenly dawned on me that I don't have any knowledge of looking after babies. I've held lots and bottle fed babies but never had to change a nappy, bath or dress one. OMG I'm scared! I hope all these things come naturally.

Also, how many clothes should I get? I've bought quite a few bodysuits and sleepsuits but thats about it! Do most people leave them in just the bodysuits if they are at home all day and just dress them if they are going out? As we do not know for sure if its a boy or girl I don't want to get too many beige clothes!

Oh dear, I've set myself off worrying again. I'm sure all of my silly anxieties are just to take my mind of the actual birth :D

Saz

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 9:39am

Just get a few body suits. Believe me, you won't feel much like going out!! Get a nice neutral outfit for coming hom, which baby can also wear if it goes with you for registration!. Don't go mad, cos if you get a big baby like mine, s/he won't wear half of it!! You will also get loads in presents!

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 9:43am

Hi Sam

I think you will be fine as soon as you hold you baby. I held a 5 lb baby the other day and loved it, usually I wouldn't of even picked it up as I am too scared I will break them, but something has definatley happened to me!

I am scared of bathing a newborn though, that's why I'm getting the fischer Price aqua bath which has a sling in it. I am also scared of putting clothes on incase I pull it's arm of by accident! - See, it's not just you.

I have bought some newborn stuff, 3 sleepy suits, a pack of 7 long sleeved body suits and a few cheap tops and leggings, also a newborn snow suit. The rest i am getting at 0-3 months as they won't be able to fit in newborn stuff after a few weeks.

It's the birth I am worried about most!!! Owwww!!!!!
Lisa

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 9:50am

Thanks Saz and Lisa!

Lisa, I just cried with laughter at your pulling the babys arm off comment! I know exactly what you mean!!! I'm not worried at all about holding the baby its everything else I'm nervous of :D

I'm going to make a proper effort over the next week or so at buying stuff and making room. Its no good just sitting here looking at the mess or moaning on here. So, if it goes quiet from me for a bit its because I'm finally having a tidy up.

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 12:33pm

Hi Sam,

I have major worries too. I worry about how to bath, how to change properly,how to know when she is warm enough or is too hot, how to do anything at all with a baby! I've never had one so i just dont know!
I also have been thinking loads about how do i know what shes going to be crying for? Does it all just come naturally or are me and DP going to be standing in the middle of the night looking at a screaming baby and not knowing what to do at all?

The whole thing is freaking me out just now. I've been fine up til now but over the last couple of days i've been panicing loads.

Does anyone else worry that they'll not love the baby as much as they think they are going to? I keep thinking about how much i love her already but what happens if i dont love her just as much as i think i will.
Is this normal to feel like that?

Michelle x
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
Natural BFP 05/06/06

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 1:49pm

Hi Michelle,

I think you are completely normal! I'm sure 90% of caring comes naturally and the other 10% you just have to make up as you go along. I think as we head towards the third tri it all becomes much more real and with an ever expanding stomach its not something you can forget about :D

Try to think of how you feel about your little girl at the moment. You'd do anything to protect her or make her happy and thats whilst she's nice and snug inside of you. Once she had arrived those feelings will become ten times stronger because you will feel even more protective. It will also be easier for your DP to be involved and I'm sure you'll be in love with your baby and DP more than ever.

I still haven't done much prep work. Washed blankets and bedding yesterday and today have dismantled the old chest of drawers to make way for new ones. Next step is to empty the wardrobe that the baby will be using. Wish we had an extra bedroom. Think I would feel much happier if the spare room was just for baby instead of office/spare bedroom too. Oh well, he or she ill just have to put up with it for a while!

MrsG

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 1:50pm

i have no worries
im used to being around them with freinds and sister and bathing etc

im looking forward to having resless nights and poey nappies lol

when we where in blackpool we met 2 really nice chaps from liverpool and they had me in stitches say " they dont understand how much sh*t come from a tiny baby"
true i guess

last night she was playing up kicking around then went quiet for about 2 hours..
she's doing the remote thing kicking off my tum...
anyway hubby came over said hello princess and within seconds she kicks off remote lol
also kicks so strong now that hubby can feel her too and he loves it...wait till it gets bad ill lay next to him when hes a sleep and wake him up lol

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 1:57pm

I haven't tried the remote control trick! To be honest baby isn't very co-operative when it comes to kicking. She'll be really going for it and then by the time DP has put his hand on my stomach she goes quiet. Not even born and already messing with my mind :D

MrsG

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 2:23pm

rofl
yep thats kids for ya lol
while watching tv just try it hun then if hubs not feeling her at lreast he can see
mines off like mad at moment bless her..

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 9:40am

I just wanted to say - look at our tickers.

It's amazing, I can't believe how fast it's all going.

I am just counting the days until maternity leave now, my last day is 3 weeks tomorrow and i am just so excited.

Things are really coming on now, have all the stuff for nursery (except have'nt ordered cotbed yet), have pram ordered and paid for, most of my newborn clothes that I need and loads of 0-3 months too. Just have to get some blankets for cot and pram, a few things like hats and scratch mittens, oh and all the breastfeeding and bottle stuff.

Bump is getting large now, will post another bump pic soon I think. Started to get a bit tired again, and movements really restricted too as keep forgeting I have a big bump in front of me!!!! Have got to eat chocolate every day and going through a lot of milk too. no weird cravings yet though, just chocolate!!

Have got bad heartburn which is mainly constant.

Apart from that, loving being pregnant at the moment, especially when i can feel her kicking. i do feel so attached to her already, it's amazing.

:chocs:
Lisa

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kungfulisa" (Nov 9th 2006, 9:41am)

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 2:32pm

I know Lisa, our tickers are moving really fast now! Cant believe i'm 26 weeks tomorrow. Only feels like yest since that amazing BFP.

I'm suffering from heartburn too. Only started a couple of days ago and i've never had it before. Also cant sleep at night. Waking up loads and loads and whenever i lie on my back i'm getting a pain wherever she is lying. I go to sleep on my side so must be moving like that in my sleep. God, its a pain. Cant wait to finish work then it wont matter how tired i am!

Oh the joys of pregnancy!

Michelle x
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
Natural BFP 05/06/06

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE