You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "gilbert2blue" started this thread

Reg: Oct 2nd 2011

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 9:40am

donor egg ivf abroad

Hi I'm 39 (40 end of October) and our 3rd round of IVF has failed. It has been a long harrowing experience...firstly finding out my infertility was due to damage done to my tubes caused after being raped at the age of 14, then having to wait until i was 35 for our first and only free ivf attempt which I did get a positive test result but bled soon after, the second attempt failed and the third attempt they only got 3 eggs just 2 fertilized 1 better quality than the other. I said that this was our last go because of finances, emotions etc but we're just not ready to give up our dream...we just can't imagine a life without children it just wasn't something we'd planned for!!! I'm presuming our only chance now would be with donor eggs??? Has anybody had any experience/success with donor egg ivf abroad? We'd be grateful for any information

;(

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 10:59am

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is an IVF/ICSI section HERE with a FAQ section HERE where you will find a great introduction to IVF/ICSI.

There is a treatment abroad section HERE you may find some answers to your questions here.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ. We would appreciate it too if you could take a quick look over our brief terms of the site HERE so you can familiarise yourself with the one or two small rules we have, which help to keep FZ the safe and friendly site it is!

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

FertilityZone is free to join and 90% of the forum is free to use. You may however like to become a member and take advantage of all of the special benefits and fun bits that this gives you! We have a thread HERE which tells you how to subscribe and explains all of the extras that you will enjoy as a member!

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.
If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 11:25am

Hi Gilbert

Welcome to FZ!

I have a beautiful daughter through donor treatment that I had in Spain. I'm just off out now but I'll pop back later and write some more.

In the meantime, have a look at our treatment abroad section and the donor chat thread, there are lots of ladies here currently undergoing donor treatment.

Love Gracie

xxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 6:54pm

Right, I'm back.

I ended up going to Institut Marques in Barcelona for DE treatment after I found out my AMH was just 1.79. I was advised to go to Spain by my consultant in the UK due to the fact that there are no waiting lists out there. Plus, I have to admit, I much prefer the fact that the donors are anonymous. The Spanish have an excellent attitude to donor treatment and, whilst I didn't have the smoothest of rides out there, it is truly the best decision my DH and I ever made.

Spain is popular choice but it can be very expensive, anything from 5K to 10K Euros plus whatever your travelling expenses are and any scans/bloods etc you might need to have done in the UK. Greece and the Czech Republic are fairly popular too.

Lots of ladies here have had successful treatment out in Spain and many of us have our LOs now. It's not an easy decision to give up on your own eggs and decide to go the donor route, I have plenty of counselling before I went ahead and I have chosen to be totally honest with my daughter and always let her know how and where she came about, starting from as young an age as possible.

Anyway, that's just a quick overview, if I can answer any questions please just drop me a line.

Love Gracie

xxxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 11:13pm

Hi and welcome

If I can help with the forum in any way, drop me a PM or post in the ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE

Also, there is a how to search thread HERE which will really help you get the maximum benefit from the forum

Fingers crossed all your dreams come true soon.

x

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE