You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mim

• "mim" started this thread

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Friday, September 30th 2011, 11:49am

What did your baby measure at around 10weeks 3days? i am a bit concerned and worried?

Hi Ladies,
I have had number of scans so far at 3 weeks ,4w,5w due to OHSS 6w2d I bled badly and had big clots coming out ,was diagnosed with subchorionic hematoma ,was told not good ,the heart rate of my baby was 96bpm at the time so the ivf clinic was not happy and baby measured 5mm , at 7 week i went to EPU and they saw baby doing really well at 10mm and strong heartbeat hematoma still there ,at 8w2d baby was 18mm strong heartbeat, a week later at 9w1d baby was 23mm strong hb and I bled a lot again ,now the hematoma was smaller yay, so they booked me again for ten day s later which was yesterday ,a doctor scanned me baby was moving ,good heartbeat but measured 33mm which in the scan showed as 9w6d but it should be 10w3-4days,now the original calculation by my ivf transfer I should be 11w ,but the baby has measured consistent from week 6 till yesterday ,he has grown 1mm a day but was smaller yesterday on the scan calculations ,they have used for all my scans four different machines of which three of them were the same measurements ,yesterday i was seen on the forth machine ,the one that originally diagnosed my previous mc in january ,so I got the chills ;( seen it ,
the doctor did not look worried about it at all but I am , I need to know how did your babies grow at these stages please, I also have a Doppler at home and I am obsessed now just heard the baby’s heartbeat but can’t stop worrying about the size, many internet sides suggest the size is normal for 10w+ but the scan said 9w6d?help please?
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART bab11

cheenab

Superstar

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy Zachary born 27/4/12

Friday, September 30th 2011, 12:08pm

Mim try not to worry hun, if the doctor didn't seem worried hun I'm sure all is fine :D
I read somewhere, that the baby can measure so many days behind or infront before they worry.. Can't remember how many days it said, hopefully someone else will be able to come and put your mind at ease a bit better!!
Stay positive, your little one is in there growing nice and healthy [zx127]

Me 28-Dp 31 TTC 5+Yrs
Me PCOS-Dp "Perfect [zx151]"
IVF April 2011-No transfer due to OHSS :(
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born via c section on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz :D
CheenaB's Diary

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Friday, September 30th 2011, 12:34pm

Hi Mim

I know its easy for me say not to worry cause I know you will but they are measuring something so so small and its very inaccurate.

At my 12 week 6 day scan I was measuring 13w 5days and being an ICSI baby we know thats not possible.

The measurements they use are an average but look around you we are not all the same size and shape- my DH is 6ft 3 so baby gonna measure long!!!!

When is your next scan?

The fact of a strong HB and baby moving are very positive signs.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

mim

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?

Friday, September 30th 2011, 12:38pm

Thank you Cheenab , I am just such a panic as usual ,I just want uneventful ,normal pregnancy ,ivf and 8 years of all this is starting to affect me somehow ,I read too much just like all of us on this forum dont we :snigger: we worry too much but just because we only get this one or two chances to be a mother ,I just need some girls to share there scans so I can compare ,which I shouldnt do but I am needing some reassurance , I should have asked the doctor to measure baby again but instead his answer was well you will have a dating scan soon ....

thank you Gemma my next scan is 10th october 12 week scan and I am driving myself crazy I wasnt so panicked when I bled at nine weeks ,am I crazy or just pregnant ;),I do have on my moms side very small people ,I am avarege ,so just hope it is a petit baby
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART bab11

Switzerland

Reg: Oct 21st 2009

Friday, September 30th 2011, 1:12pm

Mim
Am not sure I can offer and actual advice but just wanted to let you know have been thinking of you. Am sure these things are based on a curve which you can be either side of and your baby is within the normal range, albeit on the petite side.
Am sure all will be fine - wish I could put your mind at rest but can totally understand why you worry after all you have been through. Think nice nurturing thoughts, take deep breaths and...if all else fails have some chocolate!
lots of love x

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Friday, September 30th 2011, 1:12pm

When I was pregnant with KJ I went for a scan at 8w 1 day and the machine they used measured baby 5 days behind. I went into a total panic and had the worst
weekend.

I ended up going to the EPU cause I was in such a state and they measured baby again and he was spot on so the machine used does have a bearing.

Please try not to worry cause no amount of worry will ever change the outcome and you and your baby gonna be fine.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Eli

Ace

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Children: 2 Girls

Friday, September 30th 2011, 2:41pm

Hi Mim, I know that anything anyone says will not stop you from worrying. From my experience I can say that Doctors/consultants are not very good. At scanning no disrespect to the doctors just it is not their speciality and on top of that the baby is so smal now that it is very hard to measure correct, a tiny twinge of the hand will give you a completely different measurement. I had a scare with the measurements myself at 35 weeks a very very good doctor/consultant scanned me and told me that there is more than 25% difference in the sizes of my twins and if he was my consultant he would deliver the twins the next day, I PANIKED got a cab and went straight to the hospital where I had my c-section booked and demanded to see my consultant. She did see me and I was scanned by a sonografer and the result was completely different my twins were measuring almost the same. So after a long talk with my consultant we decided to stick to my original date. And guess what at 37.2 weeks my girls were delivered by planed section weighing nearly same weight. Good luck lovely. Eli xxx
Me 32, DH 34

mim

What's Up?

Friday, September 30th 2011, 3:06pm

this is very good info Eli,it gives me more comfort thank you ,as I was scanned week 6,7,8 by a sonographer and all dates were matching , the 9 week scan was by a female doctor who measured a day ahead and this guy doctor yesterday at 10w3d did such a fast scan that I swear I didnt put my pants on so fast ,so i trully thought he rushed it ,because he said he was happy with baby and where the hematoma is sitting and was in a hurry to discharge me .
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

mim

What's Up?

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 2:34pm

Hope to get some more ladies with some experience like this:-)
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 4:14pm

Hi Mim

Our first scan 8w our embryo measured ahead (can't remember think it was 8w3d). When we went for a scan due to bleeding at 9w3d the embryo was quite curled up and the monographer was rushed. This time it measure 9w1d.

I chose not to worry. It had grown and i knew the second scan under measured.

Don't forget how tiny they still are. 1mm counts as a day. They way they measure it is SO easy to be a few mil out at this stage.

Key thing is you have a strong heartbeat. [zx127]
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
Constantly craving sleep...

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 4:50pm

Hi, Mim
I have Googled and found this: "The average size is approximately 27-35 mm at 10 weeks"
Based on that I reckon that your little one probably measures spot on.
I had a scan at 8 weeks 2 days (like you) and my little one measured 17.5mm. At 12 weeks and 2 days he was a touch behind but 4 weeks later he was ahead - all scans on the same machine and by the same person. If bubs is not 100% at the correct angle in relation to the scanner then the measurement can be out by quite a bit and therefore less accurate. If the HB is good and the doc is happy with the size then I think that all is still going well

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: May 30th 2010

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 7:20pm

Hi Mim, sorry didn't have time to read other replies so someone else might have said it but scan machines can be very different and inaccurate!! A friend's baby was measured bigger at 38 weeks than what was his actual birth size.

When is your next scan? Hope it will be a reassuring experience on one of the first 3 machines.

love,
Rianon

mim

What's Up?

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 5:16pm

Hi Ladies,thank you so very much

it just feels better when i hear I am not the only one with size difference ,I panicked so much that have been listening on my doppler to baby every day ,so far I can hear heart very well 155-175bpm which to me is good i hope it means its growing ,i am going for my 12 week scan on monday and just hope lo is measuring like it should ,I also thought about the position ,all my svans baby was measured side way ,only on my last scan baby was measured back ,so let xfingers that baby will be the size ,i hope :cuddle
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth