You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "devchick" started this thread

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 5:00pm

Fresh bleed within 24 hours of healthy scan

Hi

I have had a heavier bleed today following an extremely healthy scan yesterday. Surely it is too early for the embryo to have died and my body to have acknowledged this to reject it?

I called the EPU and they were RUBBISH!!!!! Really am shocked by what they said. Was told to monitor for 24 hours and then if bleeding continues to wait 2 weeks and then take another pregnancy test! If I miscarrying nothing can be done (which I know and accept). I said can't they do a scan to see if embryo ok and they said they have finished today's scans. I said fine book me in tomorrow and they said no it's not their policy. I said I don't understand who gets scanned and how?! They said if I want a scan I should go private. I said I don't understand what their role as EPU is if a girl is bleeding after a good scan and is told to just bleed for two weeks and then do a pregnancy test.

I'm sure other girls in this situation have said after bleeding they have had a scan and been told embryo still ok.

The bleeding was what I would call medium but now seems to be stopping. No cramps, no clots, no lining. Just lots of pink and red. A constant slowish steam for a couple of hours. Sorry tmi!

This is nothing like what happened a couple of weeks ago that was really light in comparison. Looks like I am just going to have a slightly awkward time with bleeding. Really hope this isn't the start of a miscarriage but at the moment am pretty sure it isn't. Hope I'm not being ignorant! Of coursif it gets heavy with cramping I know what that means.

During scan yesterday nurse said as I have bicornuate uterus the right side (embryo on left) has separate endometrium and this can bleed while other side doesn't so am wondering if that's what is happening. Of course the scan itself could have irritated something (though cinic said this isn't the case as if scans caused bleeding they wouldt do them).

Goodness me, why do we have such a hard time getting pregnant only to then have a tough pregnancy too?!
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 5:19pm

Hi devcick, I had a heavy red bleed at 8 weeks but no pain wot so ever, my EPU were also rubbish and told me to wait and monitor for 48 hours and call them back.. They said ifni wants scan I'd have to wait a week!!!
Anyway I paid £50 in the end that same day and had a private scan, Which was money well spent in my opinion as my little one was just fine and put my mind at rest instantly! It saved me so much worry, I then still went for scan at EPU a week later as never told tem I'd gone private.
My bleedig stopped after 48 hours and never returned!
So if u can I'd advise u get a private one done ASAP to save your sanity an try not to let the crappy EPU system bring you down.
Good luck, keeping everything crosses your lil one is just fine xx

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 5:34pm

Thanks Lisa that is rally useful. To be honest I'm really not getting too stressed at all. Was at work earlier when it first happened and EPU were so unhelpful but now that I'm at home relaxing and bleeding isn't too bad I figure just wait and see. If anything changes I will definitely look to go private (why when I pay so much into NHS?!?)

I have left a message for midwife explaining what EPU said and asked if this is the standard in this area.
6 cycles all BFN.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 6:41pm

Are you taking clexane/aspirin? These can cause some light bleeding sometimes. I would definitively ring the mw.

I think most EPU are like that as they are there for emergency but it doesn't cost anything to be polite does it? They have their procedures and have to prioritise their time and services. These go to people with suspected ectopics and life threatening conditions. M/C or threatened m/c for them is not urgent as you don't die of it, unless you bleed a lot. Awful, I know as it is so scary to bleed.

I think you are best to go private if you wanna get seen quickly..... :rolleyes:

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 6:57pm

Hi Maria

Yes I'm on Clexane but due to this bleed won't take it until I've had a clear 48 hours.

Feeling better about things now I'm home. Am going to work from home the rest of the week. I'm fortunate to do a job where I can do this with minimal disruption. I'd much rather do this than just take it as holiday or sick leave and not have my mind occupied. Hopefully lying down for a few days on couch or bed working will help me out. Also if I do then start to bleed like I did today it's such much nicer to be at home! It was horrible at work today I flooded and then had to drive home ;(
6 cycles all BFN.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 6:59pm

:hugs:
Can you call your clinic again?

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 7:27pm

Hi Maria

Yes I called them today and they were lovely. They are going to ring me back tomorrow and check in.

One thing I should have asked - anyone have a time machine I could borrow and just skip the next 7 months???
6 cycles all BFN.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 7:33pm

Aww I wish I could lend you one x

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 9:12pm

Hi Devchick

So sorry to hear they you're going through this. I don't have any personal experience of what you're goi g through but I agree that you should consider having a private scan if you don't get anywhere with EPU or you MW. I'm sure it'll all be fine though Hun and think you've done the right thing by getting plenty of rest at home

Xxx

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Elena12

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 10:07pm

Hi Devchick, I just read your post-Im sorry you're having a difficult time...Your clinic should still be responsible for you, they should book you in for a scan asap to reassure you that everything is OK. Believe me I Know how stressfull this is. I have had 4 scans and I am only 8,5 weeks! I have been spotting and cramping and a few days ago a bled red. I phoned up the clinic who booked me in for a scan on Fri and thankfully everything was ok. I felt better for a few days but now still spotting and cramping and worrying...
Im sure everything is fine with your LO especially after having seen it just a day ago! (Congrats BTW!)
Oh and if you do hear anything about that time machine....pls take me with you...at least till the second trimester...things should settle by then? xfingers
[zx127] [zx127] [zx127]

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 7:13pm

Just an update on here in case it helps anyone else.

I continued to bleed though yesterday but then it stopped last night and nothing today :happy:

I have watched a video my DH took of our scan and realised the nurse said she saw an area on the right of my bicornuate uterus that could bleed - embryo in left side. When I was bleeding I definitely had tenderness on the right and not the left.

So am wondering if the scan just caused this area to release.

Will keep an eye on it but feeling much better. Have decided to wait for 12 week scan rather than have another internal. I am having strong morning sickness feelings still and in a good place now so not going to have a scan. Of course s lot can happen in 4 weeks :snigger:
6 cycles all BFN.

Thursday, September 22nd 2011, 9:35pm

Thought I would provide further update in case it helps ladies in the future.

Went for a scan at my local EPU today following another bleeding episode this week.

Fetus absolutely fine! There was no obvious sign of bleeding but definitely area around fetus is fine. Interestingly it turned out I was bleeding a bit during scan too! It was an external scan which I was pleased about.

So no longer worrying about these bleeding episodes. Looks like I will just keep having them but it isn't causing fetus any issues :D
6 cycles all BFN.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, September 22nd 2011, 9:47pm

Good. Did they explain the bleeding at all?

Thursday, September 22nd 2011, 10:40pm

Hi Maria

She said it might be my Cervix that is bleeding a bit due to lots of extra blood vessels due to pregnancy.

So as my fetus is implanted at the top of my left horn it is as far away as possible from cervix.

They scanned both horns and the uterus but she couldn't see any area of bleeding. So I kind of think she is right and the bleeding is much lower down which couldn't be seen on the external scan.

xfingers
6 cycles all BFN.

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Thursday, September 22nd 2011, 11:44pm

Hey Hun can't advise personally on the situation but I can't believe how they treated you over the phone!! Totally uncaring. Just wanted to say I hope everything is ok and stay strong,lots of hugs [zx127] xxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

rianon

Reg: May 30th 2010

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 2:11pm

Thank you for a reassuring update. Keep well!

x Rianon

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE