You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "devchick" started this thread

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 3:47pm

What kind of bleeding have people had but kept BFP?

Hi

I am continuing to have episodes of light bleeding every two days. I have passed two small clots (size of tip of small finger). I am not experiencing any cramping or heavy bleeding. It fills a panty liner but not a pad.

I have read up about this and it appears to be fairly common and as long as there is no heavy cramping or bleeding there is still a chance (obviously it isn't good that I am bleeding!).

I am leaning towards this not working but the clinics are telling me this is common and if it was a miscarriage I would be experiencing increased heavy bleeding and bad cramps.

Have any of you lovely ladies had bleeding like this and it is ok? I had a suspected miscarriage years ago and (sorry TMI) it was horrendous it was like I had my entire period in an hour I couldn't get off the loo was flooding so badly. I am a little surprised if a miscarriage would result in spotting to light bleeding every couple of days -?

I have me scan in 1 1/2 weeks. It is going to be a very long time until I get to have my scan :bawl: just want to know one way or another. EPU said while bleeding is light just to continue to monitor but if it gets heavy then they will intervene (I assume to confirm I have miscarried).

I'm not upset today. Am now getting used to these episodes. I went back to work today (desk job with a bit of walking but not excessive) but am working from home (bed!) rest of week.

Any other experiences from you (either way) would be appreciated.

Thanks
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 4:05pm

Hi there,

Sorry that you are suffering this bleeding - it's awful :-(

I didn't have any First Trimester bleeding and didn't even have any bleeding with the CVS Test (which is normal), however, I had a small bleed a couple of weeks ago which turned into to a brown coloured discharge until it stopped perhaps a couple of days ago. I have been told that it is extremely common in pregnancy, especially with multiples but no less frightening :wacko: The hospital and Consultant said that from our scan there was no reason for the bleeding and that sometimes it just happens.

I know of a large number of ladies that have suffered bleeding at the start, middle, end and throughout their pregnancies and it all been okay but do keep a watch on it. They mentioned to me that cramping and severe back ache can be a sign of not such nice outcomes but again, lots of ladies have had those and been fine. Pregnancy isn't simple is it?!?!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 4:24pm

Thanks for th quick reply Hayley!

It looks like this episode has stopped again after I passed the clot which is what happened on Monday. Really strange!

I am managing to stay relaxed and just waiting to see. I am just a rather praxtical prson and like the facts laid out for me so I can make a decision. Unfortunately in this situation it just isn't possible! I find it SOOO odd that I have no idea what is going on inside my body thinkthink
6 cycles all BFN.

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy Zachary born 27/4/12

What's Up?
18 months old!!!!

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 4:48pm

Hi hun, I was wondering the same.. Keep having on off episodes of bleeding.. It's so hard to stay positive ay!!
Good luck hun got everything crossed your little one is nice and sticky xx

Me 28-Dp 31 TTC 5+Yrs
Me PCOS-Dp "Perfect [zx151]"
IVF April 2011-No transfer due to OHSS :(
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born via c section on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz :D
CheenaB's Diary

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 6:46pm

Well what a nightmare!

Private clinic said speak to EPU for hcg blood test
EPU said speak to GP for blood test
GP said speak to either private or EPU for blood test.

= waterworks!

Said to GP. This is crazy. I am coping so well with what I've been through. 7 1/2 years is plenty of time to adjust. Have got my first ever BFP was cautiously pleased. Have now for nearly a week been bleeding on and off. Not on enough to be a miscarriage but on enough to make me think it hasn't worked. Just NEED TO KNOW WHAT's going on with my body!

At which point I had kept him late and he sweetly said could I come back at 6.

Back at 6 and he said oops yes we can do the test in exceptional circumstances I was looking in the wrong place!

Then he says so come in tomorrow and Monday for a test. At which point I say but I'll be in Spain.

DOH!

So his now doing a blood test only 24 hours apart which may not show anything but at least I feel something is being done.

This has helped me out tons. Have passed another clot. Still no pain at all. Still no heavy bleeding. Just need to get through 12 more days until my scan.

Oops feel a bit like s spoilt brat! Just got so frustrated that the test exists but nobody would do it!

He was really sweet and said he could appreciate how stressful this must be.
6 cycles all BFN.

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 6:50pm

CheenaB

Really sorry you are also going through this!!! Thought this thread might help to see what kind of bleeding people do experience. Have googled it tons and it does appear to be way too common to have bleeding and clots in early pregnancy and still have a successful 9 months.

I thought it was hard enough getting pregnant. Now know I have finally climbed one mountain only to get faced with a higher one!

Hope your bleeding stops soon. I am lying down as much as possible and it does seem to help stop it. I don't then stand up and have a gush. It just seems to help stop once it has started.
6 cycles all BFN.

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 6:51pm

Hi devchick i had not just a bleeding but gushing blood and clots just 2 days ago,look at my diary i could not believe i am still pregnant after this so you see everything's possible but very scary [zx127]
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART bab11

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 8:54pm

Blimey Mim. Just read your diary. You poor thing. My bleeding is not even close to that and I know how scary I'm finding it. Your little one is definitely sticky :happy:
6 cycles all BFN.

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 8:38am

Devchick- hope the bleeding is stopping and good luck for bloods today.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

United Kingdom

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 8:47am

Devchick - there is no way you are a spoiled brat!!!! Sometimes GPs and hospitals forget what it might be like to be in this type of situation. They see people everyday with no issues or worries because they have never had to try so damn had to get pregnant in the first place! I think you did the right thing and I hope that your bloods come back as they should do.

You are totally right to push for what you need - keep it going!

h
3 X ICSI

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 8:56am

I can't understand why they won't scan you. They may not see the HB but they can see inside if for example you have a clot in there and they can start taking some measurements to date your pregnancy and see if it's ok. As long as the HCGs is over 1000 then they can see something. They could see the HB from 6 weeks (not always but they could). Why don't you ask the GP to tell the EPU? If the GP asks then the EPU should do it. You are worried and you are bleeding, why don't they help out?
Sorry I am getting angry on your behalf!
Hope you are ok this morning.
:xxx:

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 8:03pm

You guys are great! blowkiss

I am hesitating on the scan myself to be honest and haven't pushed for that. I just feel it's not definite for them to see a heartbeat yet so if I have a scan and there is mo heartbeat I'll get more worried.

Feel TONS better today. Still bleeding a bit but to be honest I'm getting used to that now. No more clots today and not heavy at all. I just seem to have one episode either a day or every other day. Have started feeling sick in the morning. Not bad enough to run ton the loo but enough to get me up and have a drink of milk which settles my stomach. Just seem to be in a better place mentally now that I am getting used to the bleeding and am no longer panicking that is is quickly turning into a miscarriage. Obviously I know it's not a good sign what is happening but googling and speaking to clinic etc it is clear to me i have not, at the moment, had a miscarriage.

Maria please don't get angry. I had a good cry at the drs yesterday and then he said have the test and I felt pure relief. I kind of think it has just cut my wait down. On Tuesday or Wednesday he's going to call me with my results by which time my scan on Monday won't be far away. Of course what I'm doing with the blood test isn't great as I'm doing them 24 hrs not 48 hrs apart. So if they are the same level it still won't tell me anything (so the dr said but I kind of think you should see a bit of an increase in that time).

Goodness me I'm knackered! Physically and mentally. Not sleeping at all well at the moment. Then falling asleep at 9pm only to have to set an alarm for midnight so I can take my last Meds!
6 cycles all BFN.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, September 1st 2011, 9:05pm

As long as they are treating you ok then I won't get angry, but if they don't....!
You sound calm and ok so I'm happy. The bloods will still go up in 24 hours so you can still work out the doubling time.
Have a good night x

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 1:13pm

WOOO HOOOO !!!!!!

Well

I should start by saying I have only had the result of yesterday's blood test (6w3d) and I KNOW I need to see if my levels increase. BUT ... Drum roll ...

My levels yesterday were 42,116!!!!! OMG.

I am not treating this as a definite the pregnancy has taken and my scan will show everything is fine. What I am treating this as I must have still been pregnant a few days ago even after bleeding started as these levels are SO high. I found a link that gave avg, min,max on a day by day basis and I am spot on for yesterday so it certainly looks promising.

All this has done is put a smile on my face and relaxed me again. I am back in a rosy place where I just need to wait for the scan. This is EXACTLY what I needed! I couldn't face continuing another 10 days with the uncertainty. I haven't been sleeping at all well and am obviously worried even though I haven't felt too stressed during the day.

So I'm back to feeling good. Now looking forward to my holiday and if I do continue to have intermittent bleeding without heavy or cramping I am NOT worried. I am getting used to it (though no bleeding now for 24 hours :D ) I am more reassured that this bleeding does not mean I will suddenly start heavy and cramping and miscarriage (of course I know that is a possibility too). I just thought it was certain I would miscarry but now I feel this isn't the case and just to relax a bit.

My poor dh he's been really worried and bless him said he hopes the next 8 months isn't like this. I assured him it wouldn't be. I will be having regular checkups with midwife when I will xfingers hear a heartbeat each time and obviously a few scans too. This period I feel, must be the most difficult time before the first scan especially with bleeding.

Thanks everyone. I will drop an update in here either way following my scan in case it helps any future ladies with this.
6 cycles all BFN.

mim

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 1:57pm

this is great news , dont worry just monitor the bleeding , that is what i was told , they said even if they do many scans it isnt going to help maybe just make the cervix more sensitive ,so the best is to take it easy the other thing I was told ,drink a lot of water as water is v,important when you have lost blood , [zx127] ,not long now ,your levels are really high i dont even know what mine are with the bleeding but either way we got strong little tigers there and hope they carry on growing , i also thought like you that the bleeding is mc and also when i lost soo much of my lining its crazy these little babies can hold on even after this ;) xfingers
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART bab11

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 2:37pm

That's fantastic. With the hcg so high then theybshould be able to see verybwell at the scan. Great news hunni xxxx

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 2:57pm

Great news on the numbers hun.

Over the moon for you.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy Zachary born 27/4/12

What's Up?
18 months old!!!!

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 3:39pm

Fantastic results hun xfingers xfingers
Have a fab holiday xx

Me 28-Dp 31 TTC 5+Yrs
Me PCOS-Dp "Perfect [zx151]"
IVF April 2011-No transfer due to OHSS :(
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born via c section on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz :D
CheenaB's Diary

Reg: Mar 19th 2011

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 3:40pm

Great news- have a lovely relaxing holiday. xxxxxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

What's Up?
I'm a Mummy!!!

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 3:55pm

That's brilliant news Debchick. I'm so pleased for you!

Hope you have a wonderul holiday :)

xxx

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Friday, September 2nd 2011, 7:15pm

Thanks everyone :happy:

This result has done me the world of good! Now just need to pack -eek! Then should manage to relax next week.

Good luck to all of you and thanks again SO much for all of your lovely support it has been quite a tough week for me (found this harder than any other part of treatment :bawl: ) so it's really nice to end the week on this high note.

Roll on Monday 12th!

Ps - still no more bleeding. As I have have had intermittent and it has never been heavy drs have now said to restart Clexane and even if I do bleed a bit keep taking it (following hcg results) but obviously if I start bleeding heavily I will stop taking it.
6 cycles all BFN.

Elena12

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 11:08am

Devchick that is fantastic news!!!! :clap
Im so happy for you :) Have a great holiday!!! [zx014]

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 11:11am

That's brilliant and such a huge relief felt by all I would imagine (including me!)

Have a fab holiday x
3 X ICSI

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, September 3rd 2011, 1:32pm

Have avoid time and rest. The holiday will do you a lot of good xxx

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 6:13am

So the bleeding episodes have continued. No longer worried when it happens. Just seems to be my lot - predictable I guess that this wasny going to be an issue-free pregnancy.

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow. : D

In case any other ladies come along with bleeding here is what I've had:
5w4d - light pink/ brown spotting
6w0d - red bleed. One off. Passed small clot.
6w2d - another bleed and small clot
6w3d - spotting
8w1d - medium bleed for few mins and light bleeding carried on through the night
8w2d - bleed in morning when first got up. Then another in afternoon.
9w2d - one-off bleed twice in evening.
11w2d - one-off bleed
12w2d - another bleed

All the later bleeding episodes have just been a one-off bright red discharge with sore (not cramping) tummy. As soon as it has happened no spotting or further bleed.

Have read up that people who have bleeding like this tend to keep getting it til 14 weeks so I may have a few more episodes. As long as they stay this level I am no longer worried but it was very stressful in the beginning!

Sorry if this is happening to anyone else. I managed to get hcg levels and two scans during all of this which helped assure us everything was ok.
6 cycles all BFN.

allyw

Reg: Apr 22nd 2011

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 4:43pm

Hi Devchick

Sorry 2 hear about ur bleeding, I had bleeding with my 1st pregnancy & went on 2 have a healthy little girl from that pregnancy, they also told me at the time it was common & that sometimes with all the stretching sometimes clots or stale blood in the cervix can come away & sometimes erosions can occur & cause some bleeding, to be honest I didnt have it as much as u, prob about 4 times in total in my 1st roughly 4 mths, they told me as long as its not a bright red heavy bleed that I was just gonna be 1 of these ppl that bleed through pregnancy.

Hope this has helped & good luck 2moro, will be waiting 2 c how u got on.
:heart: Ally :heart:

mim

What's Up?

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 8:27am

Jusy to add it can be bright red blood and still be ok,i had clots the size of my palm and gushing red blood at 6 and 9 weeks and i am still pregnant, baby is doing well.good luck Devchick let us know.
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mim" (Oct 13th 2011, 8:28am) with the following reason: Spelling