You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rii

Star

• "Rii" started this thread

Reg: Mar 2nd 2010

Children: Blessed with two miracles December 2011

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 10:36am

Is mild cramping normal in twin pregnancies?

Hi ladies,

I am a little worried and i wanted to see if other twin mommies experienced this. I am having mild cramping on and off for the past two weeks. Cramping is worse at night when i am trying to sleep and first thing in the morning. I asked my doctor and she got worried and put me on cyclogest for a month just in case she said it might be "premature contractions". That really scared me. I keep reading online that it might be round ligament pain.

Is cramping more coming in twins?

I am 19 weeks and 4 days today. And in the past two weeks i am noticing my bump getting bigger every day. So i am praying it is just ligaments stretching. I still have not felt any movement so the cramping and no movement is scaring me.

Will be checking my cervix again, dr. wants to avoid unnecessary cervical suture. (Two weeks ago it measured good). Is that common in twin moms, cervical suturing???

Any advice is appreciated. Thanx...xoxo
ICSI 1-April 2010 BFN
ICSI 2-July 2010 BFN
ICSI 3-January 2011 Immune Cycle- BFN (Humira, LIT, Intralipids, IVIG, Clexane, Progesterone & Steroids)
ICSI 4- April 2011 Immune Cycle - Blessed with a :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 5:06pm

Hi Rii,

I am sure it is nothing to worry about - I have also been getting the RL pain during the last week and sometimes it feels like a little cramping or aching but isn't really. I think because we have a little more (okay a lot more) growing to do, things are stretching probably faster than the norm. I have read so much about how different multiple pregnancies are to singletons - it's almost uncomparable!

Have you spoken to your MW? They are normally really good at reassuring you of what is and isn't supposed to be normal.

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)