You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "nic x x x" started this thread

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 9:10pm

Test results show that I am carrier of Cystic Fibrosis, does this have any impact on the outcome of IVF

Hi there

sorry not been on for ages just been having a break from it all as it is extremely difficult for me just now

just wasnted to add that I have had some test results back for blood clotting etc and they all came back negative however the on test that came back positive was that of me being a carrier of cystic fibrosis. I understand that 1 in 20 of the population are carriers, DB to get tested now to see if he would be a carrier also, then if he is it clearly increases our chances of having a child with cystic fibrosis, think it would then be a 1 in 4 chance really.

anyway asides all of that not nice news I was just wondering if this would cause IVF not to work or if it would have any implications. I am ok just now but really wanted to know what was causing the treatment to fail every time and for implantation not to occur, still waiting to see if I can have another laparoscopy and have a hysterescopy too to investigate further and possiblt remove my blocked tubes.

thank you for reading x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, August 5th 2011, 6:34am

Hi nic,
no it wouldn't affect IVF, but it would affect your child if both of you are carries. As you said yourself you would have 25% chance of having a baby with cystic fibrosis. if your husband doesn't have the gene, then your child will not be affected, but it could be a carrier, like you.

I have had an hysteroscopy yesterday and there is some suggestions that it helps the lining and therefore implantation. They can also look at the entrance of your tubes during an hysteroscopy and then they can see if they are worth removing. It's a quick and safe procedure.

• "nic x x x" started this thread

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 10:08pm

Thank you so much maria for getting back to me, That is kind of what we were thinking, although we did wonder why they would test us for that and no other disabilites. just wondered if it did have a link with failure. i would love to hysterescopy and will attempt to speak to someone tomor with my options, DH is planning on being tested and to be honest it would be just our luck that he will be a carrier too, so many hurdles, sometimes I just feel like my little world keeps crumbling round about me and DH too ofcourse.

I do believe that the problem lies with the tubes and the hydrosalpinx as I have been pregnant before when i was much younger, unless imlplantation failure can occur at any period in life. I have heard good and bad about having tubes removes as they can affect ovarian resrerve and limit blood flow also x