You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Shelley10" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 7:05pm

Am I being silly.....?

Hi all,

Me and DH have been talking about [zx084] since Ollie arrived and we keep being asked by health professionals what sort of contraception we are going to use, which my DH says 'well my tadpoles dont work so its not a problem' which they say 'well you never know, it could happen'.

We had ICSI (due to male factor) for little Ollie after trying to concieve natrally for about 2 years. Am I being silly asking DH to use something during [zx084] ?? I've said since having Ollie that I would really like to appreciate him being ours and want to be able to play with him and devote all of myself to him so dont really want to try for another just yet and its true, you never know it could happen for us. There is every possibility that Ollie may be our only child as we might not be lucky again.

Am I being silly? Anyone else felt like this? Should I not worry and just see what happens? Should I go on the pill or just let DH use something??

I dont know what to do! ?o(

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 7:32pm

Hi Shelley, no you're definitely not being silly! I've been on the mini-pill Cyclogest ever since the twins came along and it suits me really well. We had mostly male factor issues too.

There has been a lady at my twins group recently who was in the same situation and she fell pregnant naturally after having numerous attempts at ICSI and a set of twins. The twins were just 15 months old and her husband was horrified! They were told by the medical profession not to bother with contraception as it was so unlikely she'd fall pregnant naturally - and hey presto. At the end of the day it just takes one normal sperm to beat the odds and voila!

I don't fancy taking the risk - I don't think we could cope with another!!

xx

Moonshine

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 7:36pm

Miracles do happen! You only have to read through some of the BFP announcements on here to see that. It could happen so if I was you I would use some sort of contraception as otherwise you might not enjoy [zx084] as much as you should as you will be worrying!

At my 6 week check the doctor insisted on talking to me about contraception but with blocked tubes it really would be a miracle but I live in hope! :angel2:

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 7:39pm

Hi hun and congratulations on the birth of Ollie :smile:

I think its a personal choice and if you really don't want another baby yet then the best thing is to use some form of contraception.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

• "Shelley10" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 8:13pm

Thanks guys, DH does think im being silly but agreed to use protection so thats good. i'll ask my options at my 6 week appointment i think cos as you say Jasper I wont enjoy it as it will be on my mind xx