You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

suki

Ace

• "suki" started this thread

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 10:04pm

33 weeks gestation and ? low levels of fluid on scan....

Hi, i'm just looking for a bit of advice and hopefully reassurance.
I've just been scanned today and my consultant said everything was with normal ranges, but was just a little concerned about the fact I had only one area of fluid that didn't contain cord. Apparently the significance is that low fluid levels can mean the placenta isn't working properly and obviously the babys growth etc suffers. I am being re scanned in 2 weeks, but didn't ask what happens then if things are the same or worse. Does anyone know if this means an early section? I'm thinking probably not induction if the placenta is impaired in some way. I should of asked, but was alone as DH couldn't get away from work and was a bit taken aback that something might be amiss. I'm hoping all will be ok in a couple of weeks, but my mind is now working overtime, has anyone else had this issue? I don't really care what they do with me ( so much for my hypnobirthing classes....) as long as the baby is ok. I guess I'd lulled myself into a false sense of security getting this far.
many thanks for any advice at all, Suki x

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 2:26pm

Hi Suki

Congrats on getting to 33 weeks - not long now til you're a Mum of 2!

I think that if the Consultant was overly worried, you'd be having a scan sooner than 2 weeks, so try and keep that in your mind (hard I know!).

BUT, why don't you ring your midwife, and ask her the questions that must be racing through your mind - if she doesn't know the answer, at least she will be able to go and speak to a consultant etc. Its better to phone and ask than sit worrying for the next 2 weeks.

Wishing you lots of luck - let us know how you get on.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

suki

Ace

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 7:02pm

Thanks Pootle,
I got hold of my friend today who is a midwife who gave me lots of advice as apparently there is good evidence that re-hydration can help up the amniotic fluid and I've not been drinking as much because of the severe heartburn. So I've started omeprazole today and had a couple of litres, so hoping if I keep it up it just may make a bit of difference. My own midwives are a bit rubbish as I should have seen them last week, but they cancelled the clinic and didn't inform any patients and now I'm trying to track them down to make my next appointment, but as they work out of about 4 different bases its difficult. Got a mobile number to try tomorrow. Thanks again, Suki x

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 7:09pm

Hi suki,

Sorry i cant offer any advice but just wated to wish you luck xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 10:03am

Hi suki,
My sister had low fluid with both children and they are now two very fun-filled energetic 5 and 9 year olds! She was told to drink more water, to record movements and was monitored more closely. They induced her both times but at at least term. She's a gp so if you want to know anything specific, let me know and i'll ask her.
Hope that helps. X
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

suki

Ace

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 11:05am

Harry, thanks very much for that info, I'm really trying to make an effort to drink more and I think I'd still rather be induced than have a section so its good to know thats what might be on the cards. The consultant had suggested a membrane sweep at 38 weeks even before this scan anyway ( so I don't go past my dates because of my prev delivery ) so we'll see. Thanks again.
Suki x