You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

• "mad_shell66" started this thread

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 2:23pm

Period Type pains 37+3

Hi all,

I'm 37 + 3 weeks. Last night i had period type pains in my lower tummy underneath bump, my lower back and tops of my legs. I spent the whole night tossing and turning, up and down thinking i needed a wee but didnt most of the time. I was really warm and clammy too. I felt as though i was about to come on my period.

Eventually i fell to sleep and when i woke a couple of hours later i was pain free.... until i moved to go to the loo. Straight away i was in pain again. I lay in bed for a couple more hours trying to get comfortable.
Throughout the day today i've felt very restless and uncomfortable. Pains have been coming and going. Theyre not agony... just dull aches, and dont have a particular pattern.

I phoned hospital but midwife was really nasty to me down the phone and said i would 'just know' if i was in labour. I'm just concerned because im away from home at the moment and just dont know if this is normal part of late stages of pregnancy or early stages of labour. I'm not sure if to travel home or to just enjoy my break.

Any advice?

xx

Ginger74

Superstar

• "Ginger74" is 43 years old today
  • Germany

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Children: It's a girl!

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 2:48pm

hello lovely, when this happened to me - I gave birth next morning... I didn't know I was in labour, I had pain and tiny blood, then I went to bed and then................. I woke up with my knickers (sorry TMI) to be absolutely wet... and this is when we understood - it is happening... I am sure you will get better advice from other ladies but from me - keep eye on it and be ready! So exciting Shell, so much luck and easy one! Was lovely to hear from you.

me again: and I was 37wks+, just like you :) good luck honey!

Feb 09 God's Miracle - Natural BFP.
Sept 09 Thanks to God - Scrumptious baby girl is here. Please grow healthy and happy.

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 2:53pm

Thanks hun :-)
I really hope it is the start of her arrival. I had what the hospital said was a show on monday.
There wasnt any blood in it though. It was like a had blown my nose on a tissue when i wiped myself from having a wee (sorry TMI), but there wasnt alot of it... only a little bit! xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 3:03pm

Hi Shell

I had the same thing when I had Nancy, crampy on and off for a couple of days and nights then my waters broke, Nancy arrived the next day. I had it with Olive too for well over a week although I was induced because I had obstetric cholestasis, I was 1cm dilated when first examined.

Good luck Shell, not long until you meet your little girl!

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 3:06pm

Thanks for your reply hun. And congratulations on your latest addition to the family! So pleased for you xxx

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 3:11pm

Midwifes are either lovely or not! But apart from that I had this with George achey period pains and then it just started. And anyway how do you know if youre in labour if youve never been in labour before?! Very exciting for you! x

Scarlett

Superstar

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 3:24pm

Yep - I had the same, niggly back-achey pains. Get your bag packed lady! : D :weehee: xxxxx

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

19verve

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 3:30pm

I would say mini mad shell is on route! Good luck and very best wishes for you at this very special time.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 4:28pm

Well Shell (poet and didn't know it! :D )

It sounds very much like what's described as 'niggling'. Lots of first time Mums (who aren't quite sure what labour feels like) pop to the hospital thinking they're in labour to be told that they're not but that they're niggling. The baby's low, the cervix is changing shape and things are happening ..... but you're not quite in labour.

Remember that the cervix is a long tube. Not only does it have to dilate but it needs to shorten and thin out too. This could be what's happening now. It could take a day or two or it could take a week or two. The consolation is that most of the ladies I know who have noticably 'niggled' before going into labour, have had more straightforward births because half of the hard work has been taken care of by their bodies.

Let me see if I can find my diagram to show what 'might' be happening right now and might explain your feelings.....
Bells has attached the following file:
  • effacement.jpg (116.09 kB - 26 times downloaded - latest: May 25th 2014, 9:05pm)

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 11:35am

Thanks for all your replies. Pains continued until Saturday evening but been ok since. The only pain I'm having now is pelvic pain. It feels like I've been kicked between the legs. But it will be worth all the pain when I meet my baby girl :-)

Midwife said yesterday that she would be very surprised if I don't have her within the week. So so exciting x

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 1:32pm

Ooooh that is exciting. I have had period pains on and off for a few days now too. I am hoping Italy body getting ready - keep us posted and good luck x
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests