You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chatterbox

Megastar

• "chatterbox" started this thread

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 3:18pm

OUCH! Abdominal pain 16 weeks - what's normal?

I know a certain amount is normal, ligament pain etc but how muc his normal??

I've been bugged by abdo pain all day today and most of yesterday. Today's felt more like generalised AF type pain and has had me checking every time I go to the loo - which is rather scary....

I'm getting a lot of across the middle pain and down the sides which I know are probably ligament - but what about the lower less specific type pains?

Anyone have any gems of wisdom to share with this cat on a hot tin roof??? :smile?

xxxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 3:30pm

Probably just stretching pains with a bit of something in the areas you've previously had surgery? Also maybe a UTI - might be worth getting your pee checked. Are you constipated at all?

No idea what normal is. I've never been it. Especially in pregnancy. But anything that resembles cramps, rather than just discomfort is worth calling your midwife for.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 5:36pm

Hey Chatterbox - sorry to hear you're in pain and anxious. I agree with bubble speak to your midwife or doctor - if only for some reassurance, I've had groin pain this week and the first thing they checked for was urine infections, have also learnt that the extra weight of the growing uterus can press on things like the urethra and cause pain. Hope it sorts itself out x

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 9:21pm

Hello lovely girl, sorry to hear you have been getting uncomfortable pains. There is all sorts going on down there with stretching etc and I have had quite a lot of muscular pain with everything loosening up, but I think that is very easy to distinguish - could it be that? It might be worth just getting things checked out with your midwife, just to be sure and to give you peace of mind. Let me know how you get on. xxx

19verve

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 9:30pm

Hello Again,
I really think it is scar tissue and your uterus growing. Have a word with midwife for reasurrance. Give chatterbaby a little pat from her auntie Verve!

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 9:56pm

Hope you are feeling better sweetie, it probably nothing but if you are still comcerned then give your local EPU a call, they will probably ask you to call in for a check. Please don't feel scared, they are all lovely and there to reassure you. I had the same thing last time and everything was fine but they couldn't have been nicer and I was told not to hesitate to call them if I was worried in the future.

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Reg: Jul 19th 2009

Children: Our daughter Lola

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 1:24pm

I have had the same kind of thing, it's just stretching and things moving around :)
Me: 26
DH: 43

1st ICSI - November 2010 :BFP: :happy:
Our beautiful baby girl born 24/08/2011, 8lbs.

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 9th 2011

Saturday, February 25th 2012, 11:54am

Me too. Scary isn't it. Hate pain as had endo since 13. Me taking it easy today. Been bad since yesterday. :( good luck x

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 8:11am

Chatterbox are you any better? I am actually worse. Ended up in hospital but begged them not to keep me. More or less because I have had loads of endo ops my scar tissue from them is tearing with the uterus expanding. Doc put me on strong painkillers and have been told bed rest. If you still are not happy visit your gp x

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 12:50pm

This is quite an old thread Hope as Chatterbox had her baby 5 months ago. I hope your pain eases up soon x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 10:29am

Thanks curlytails, slight confusion!