You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "cathy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 6:19pm

Donating umbilical cord

Hi Everyone, I've just read this story on the BBC news website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12653036 (not endorsed by FZ). It's about donating umbilical cords after your birth that can help save lives. Unfortunately, at present it seems that only a few hospitals in the UK participate in the NHS Cord Blood Bank (see http://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/cordblood/index.asp - site not endorsed by FZ. These hospitals are: Barnet General Hospital, Northwick Park Hospital, Luton & Dunstable Hospital and Watford General Hospital) but I thought I'd post this in case anyone planning to deliver at one of these hospitals was interested. Cathy xxx
Cathy

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 6:25pm

I would have donated - I gave birth at Watford - but nothing was ever mentioned to me.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

• "cathy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 8:11am

Hi Newlywed, yes, I'd love to donate but we're in the wrong area and they can't transport the cords. I've contacted the cord bank and they also say they can't use cords from mulitple births, so I wouldn't have been able to on that count either. Such a good scheme though; it will be good when they can roll it out nationally.

Cathy xxx
Cathy

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE