You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LadyLuck" started this thread

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 4:52pm

Not been on for ages..... but am pg with ID twins so thought I could maybe learn a little x x x

Hi, I used to come on here years ago when I had ICSI which resulted in the birth of my daughter Chloe who is now 4 and at school!!

My life has changed drastically over the years and I have a new partner. And thanks to having a new partner I am now pregnant with twins, due on 19th May elective c-section due to risks of having ID twins!!

I hope to learn a little from you ladies :P

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 4:59pm

Hi Ladyluck
Welcome back and congratulations on your twin pregnancy! Glad that things are working out so good for you. As you will know the site is really useful and there's always a discussion about something that you've been wondering about on here. Pop by the second or third trimester (sorry my maths is rotten) chat aswell they're really helpful and supportive.
Cheers Nat x

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 5:08pm

Hi, thanks for the welcome. xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 10:37pm

Welcome back Ladyluck and congratulations on your pregnancy and your new partner!! :D

I hope you like being back, you'll see loads of new faces and some old ones too. We've got loads of twin mummies that are about to give you loads of support and advice, I'm sure some of them will be along soon to say hello.

Enjoy your pregnancy! :smile:

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 8:52am

Hi Ladyluck

Congratulations on your twin girls,how lovely :smile: I also have twins (B/G) and a 3 year old.I remember you from when you used to post.Good luck with the rest of your Pg. Is your little girl excited?

xxxx

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 1:57pm

Hi Pollypocket and csam, I remember both of you from the old days, all but briefly. It feels like a long time ago, I guess it was. Chloe is really excited about the twins coming along.

I did get lots of support from many people here before and lots of advice so I thought I would pop in, it's pretty scary being pg with twins, always worried something will go wrong etc.

My younger sister is having fertility problems, both her and her husband and as my memory isn't great I thought I could maybe post here for her as it was where I gained most of my knowledge and understanding of tx.

x x x

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 1:59pm

Good to see you LL and lovely to hear that you have such a happy ending! I hope that Chloe and you are both well x

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 2:03pm

Hi Eeyore, how are you?

Yes, well it is a long story which I obviously won't go into on here but I moved on then went back then moved on again and it was very tough but I found my strength and got my life back and I am very happy and back home with my family and friends and I got very lucky meeting someone new etc and ending up pg with twins, naturally too. Amazing isn't it after having to go through tx previously. You just never ever know what life has in store for you and I have learnt so much over the past few years I can tell you lol.

xxx

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 2:06pm

That's the best news, that you found your strength and are happy. Those dark times are long gone and I hope that your DP is a wonderful man who treats you as you should be treated. So pleased that you found your strength, really am xx

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 2:14pm

Thank you, DP is an amazing man, he is actually my sisteres brother in law so had known of him for years, lol. I just feel so lucky and I really appreciate your last post. [zx127]

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 2:22pm

It must have been a very hard and painful road, but you got there.

Poor DP with a houseful of women!!! How's the pregnancy going? We have lots of twin mums here - it's a much bigger place than when you were last here, but still not so big that you feel like a stranger! As Polly said, you will see lots of familar faces, although some have changed their names and that still confuses me!!!

I hope that you stay around, it would be lovely to follow your journey to the end x

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 12:58pm

The pregnancy is going well so far. I had to have scans at Kings College Hospital every 2 weeks from week 16 due to the risk of TTTS so that was a bit scary and difficult as it was a loooong day with the travelling and their delays. But reassuring after the scans that all was ok and there were no problems. But as I am 26 weeks now and the risk level is much lower, I have been discharged and will continue with 2 weekly scans at my local hospital.

I am having to have a c-section on 19th May due to certain risks with birthing ID twins, plus it is apparently in the best interest of the babies that way. But it is my hospitals protocol and I can't argue with that. My labour with Chloe ended up in theatre and wasn't great so I think it is best to be honest.

I still can't believe it is twins.... I don't think it will feel real until they arrive. I am scared tho just in case there are complications or if they come very early as twins sometimes do. But I am a worrier even tho I try not to be.

I am moving in with my Mum at the end of the month until end of June ish, so that I have some support as Chloe is at school now and my OH works shifts. I am more concerned about the recovery period after the c-section and how much I am able to do. I hope to breastfeed but I don't know how it will work, lol. I had problems with Chloe and we only managed 3 weeks of it but we will see how things go. One thing I learnt after Chloes is not to stress about things that can't be helped and that I can only do my best.

I haven't had a proper look around the site yet but I can see that it has changed a lot but I have noticed a couple of names I recognise :)

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 1:13pm

Hi Ladyluck and welcome back - and with such lovely news too - many congratulations x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 2:04pm

Hi again Ladyluck

It sounds like you are being well looked after in your Pg,that must be reassuring.I'm sure your mum will be a great help,you can never have too many helping hands with twins!

You made me smile when you said you still can't believe it's twins,I don't even think when mine were born It felt real!

Good luck and keeps us posted.

xxxxx

Saturday, March 12th 2011, 8:50am

Hi hun, yeah I feel really lucky that I have so much support. Very different to the last time but then there was only 1 that time lol.

How do you get to sleep at night? I just can't sleep its a nightmare lol

xxx

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Tuesday, March 15th 2011, 6:55pm

Well hello!!! Lovely pic of Miss C xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 15th 2009

Tuesday, March 15th 2011, 6:59pm

Congratulations Ladyluck

Welcome back to FZ. All the best for the future xxx

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 12:12pm

Hey Glitzy, how are you doing? Funny meeting you here after just like the old days. Hope little Max is well x

Thanks Kerrie xxx

Marlene

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 9:16pm

Helllooo Lady luck ... its me ... ( Flipper).... So lovely to see your news and Chloe is just gorgeous...

How exciting ID twin girls.... and so happy youve found a wonderful man to take care of all your lovely girls.....

I have a wonderful daughter through adoption , coming up 2 years now in June ...

xxx take care

Beautiful Daughter and gorgeous Son through adoption, my family now complete , 2009 started our journey and complete Oct 2012 ....

parteepartee

Sunday, March 27th 2011, 5:02pm

Hi flipper

Thank you hun. Massive turn around for me, taking some time to getting used to being so happy and feeling so lucky lol.

Congratulations on your adoption, I bet you are so happy.

[zx127]

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 12:31pm

Heelllloo remember me? Krispie Kremes Bluewater!

It's amazing what wondeful news so happy for you!

I am having a 3rd I have 2 girls and we are expecting a boy in August, so nice to hear everything is looking up xx

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 1:13pm

Hi Chilli, of course I remember you. Everytime I go to Bluewater I think about that meet up. Thank you, I am shocked still that I am having twins lol. But very happy obviously.

You have 2 girls now, congrats - and another on the way. How lovely to have a boy on the way. I kind of hoped the twins would be boys but I am happy with whatever. I love pink haha.

Good luck with your blue pregnancy, it's great news x