You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "BraveGirl" started this thread

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 7:29pm

34 weeks baby back to back - help

hi

I had my 34 week check today and BB is lying head down but with his back against mine. The midwife says he needs to move. I have to sit on a ball and lean forward (its not as comfy as the sofa I can tell you) and at night sleep on the side where he moves less.

Anyone else got any tips on how to make him turn?

I can still deliver naturally but back labour is much harder and more painful so I would like him to move.

thanks BG x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 8:15pm

My daughter was back to back - this thread has a lot of very good advice in it

Any advice for turning an Occiput Posterior (back to back) baby?

Your baby has plenty of time to turn yet but it will help if you are getting into the optimum positions to enable this to happen. You could also try reflexology although this may need to done closer to your due date.

My daughter only turned in the very final stage of labour. It apparently does make for a more painful and difficult labour but I had nothing to compare it against so I couldn't say that this was the case. I still gave birth naturally and with no pain relief.

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "BraveGirl" started this thread

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 8:22pm

thanks bubble I will have a look at that site.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Reg: Dec 20th 2009

Children: Hayden -7/08/05 and Cerys 31/01/11

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 8:50pm

Hiya

I had my little girl three weeks ago and she was back to back from about 35 weeks up to when i delivered where she turned right at the end seconds before she emerged. I had a natural water birth with no pain relief-laboured mostly in my back-if he doesnt turn-and there is a high chance he will, i recommend the water it was a fantastic pain relief!!

Before i went into labour the midwife advised the gym ball, sitting wrong way on dining chair-legs apart!! And avoid relaxing in arm chair ( so not want you want to hear in last bit of pregnancy!!)

Hope your little man shifts about for you x x x

ME - 31-PCO DH -32-All fine
DS- 07-08-05 (NATURALLY) DD-31/1/11-(CLOMID 1ST CYCLE) Natural :BFP: 6/10/2014

[/url

babydust TO ALL X XX X

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 9:16pm

Meg was back to back, I was told to get on my hands and knees, go down on my elbows and stick my bum in the air. The problem was that they only told me to do this once I was in hospital on a ward and I looked like a right idiot doing it in front of everyone :snigger: you've got plenty of time to make baby move in the comfort of your front room!!!

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Reg: Jun 14th 2010

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 10:44pm

Hi Bravegirl

I have been searching for some info on the same subject tonight. I saw my m/w today @ 37 weeks and she told me that I was 3/5 engaged and baby was back to back. Only two weeks ago the baby was the right way round now the little monkey has gone back to back. I went to Argos and bought one of those balls but I am not sure if it is gonna work as baby is engaged but I am gonna give it a go. She said as well that when i go into labour to keep as active as possible and stairs are good due to the hip movement. I wouldnt mind but i dont even feel like I do much of the sitting down stuff anyway! So chick we are in the same boat. My m/w did say although they did show a back to back on One Born she said it is actually very rare that they come out that way and she has hardly delivered any that way around as the contractions can help them turn too.

I hope that helps a little

xxx
2009: 2 X ICSI - BFN
June 2010: ICSI - :BFP:
EDD - 14 March 2011

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: One beautiful son

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 12:13am

Hi BG.

My lil boy was back to back to around 33 summink weeks aswell....But MW said not to worry as he would turn intime and he did :) You still got a few weeks before you really gotta worry.

I hope he turns intime

Goodluck.

xxx

MY DIARY

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE