You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "wishing & hoping" started this thread

Reg: Dec 10th 2009

Children: I have been blessed with my beautiful daughter Grace.

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 5:59pm

Please, please someone tell me this is not right?

Hi everyone

I just need someone to tell me this is not the case and Im not going insane.

I am 35+2 today and have every day, every meal since about 8 weeks been sick. I was admitted to hospital for 4 days again on saturday and give 4000 ml of rehydration stuff as my ketones were out. Anyway I spoke to a lovely midwife who delt with me for 3 of the 4 days I was in who said she would give me the anti sickness tablets that chemotherapy patients use so I wouldnt need to be admitted again as this is the 2nd time.

Anyway to cut a long story short on leaving I asked a different midwife if I could have them as the nice one was not on shift. She said the morning, afternoon, evening sickness is all in my head and Im sick because I choose to be therefor she would not give me them and I would have to retrain my brain to stop being sick.

Now Im sorry but I am and always have been sick phobic, I cry every time Im sick (always have) and would rather lie there and hoped it went away than actually be sick.

Im just so so scared that come baby being born I will still be vomitting as "its all in my head" every meal.

Please tell me she just wasnt a nice midwife and this will end.

Thank you all xxxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 6:26pm

What a BIT*H! She was talking absolute rubbish and you should report her for having such a horrible attitude and make sure that she is not allowed to go anywhere near you again.

Not long to go now, and hopefully once you deliver and your hormones get back to normal you will never be sick again. Then its just baby sick to worry about and you'll be delighted to be covered in it!
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 6:28pm

I'm sorry but that is appauling. I can't believe she spoke to you like that. How dare she.

If you are feeling sick and being sick how is that in your head??

If you are still being sick it should stop when baby comes. I know that there are lots of hormones going crazy.

I would go see your GP if you're being sick so much that you are having to be admitted due to dehydration. Your GP can give you tablets to stop you being sick. I was on Prochlorperazine (sp?) until I hit 14 weeks basically so that I could eat and drink and not become dehydrated.

I would report that midwife who spoke to you like that. I think its disgusting.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: May 11th 2010

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 6:45pm

Hi Amanda
I don't know anything about morning sickness or any other type of pregnancy symptom but that nurse is way out of order. It shouldn't be the nurse in any case who decides on what to prescribe or not to prescribe. I agree with Flic that she should be reported. If she really felt you should stop taking the meds she should have raised it with the doctor. Glad to hear that you and the little one are still doing OK but am really sorry that you are still having such a rough time. The last thing you need is this ridiculous midwife. Hugs xxx
**Wishful**
Me: 41 :bawl: , short protocol- 1st ICSI June 2010 BFN
2nd cycle Oct, one egg fertilised but did not make it to ET :bawl:
3rd attempt - Feb 2011, BFN
Reversal Dec 2011 - negative SA after 2 and 4 months.
4th and last cycle Nov 2012 BFN

Wishful's ICSI Diary - third time lucky?

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 6:46pm

Thank you ladies. I thought I was going to have to curl up in a ball and cry forever lol. Ive had 2 different kinds of tablets earlier on (cant remember the names) but as it was about 12 weeks I was first admitted to hospital doctor said he wouldnt give me another repeat perscription as was not good for baby. So I kind of just grinned and beared the sickness for the final result was worth it. Its only now so near the end its getting me down again and was very excited at the thought of these drugs coming my way.

I had thought about reporting her to the sister on the ward but to be honest her attitude was stinking too. There was some lovely lovely midwives on the ward unfortunately Im now dreading going in for my birth if thats the attitude of some of them.

Thanks again ladies much appreciated. xx

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 6:56pm

Oh honey. Don't dread the birth. It will be wonderful and you will meet your LO.

I would go back to the GP and tell him how you're feeling and how you were treated. The MW is not a doctor, she had no right to speak to you the way she did.

:cuddle

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 8:28pm

That MW needs shooting, you likely have something called Hypermesis gravidarum or extreme morning sickness, the bad news is that it tends to last for the whole of your pg but the good news is that it stops pretty much the instant that baby makes an appearance. My mother had this in her first pg and she says that she had my sister and she was whisked away for cleaning (as they did back then) and she sat up to find not only was she hungry but she didn't feel sick, unfortunatly in those days the most they would give you after giving birth was one piece of toast and a cup of tea which after 9 months of not eating didn't really touch the sides.

Personally I would report the MW to the sister as her comments are out of order, she is not a dr and should not be diagnosing potential mental issues in patients. Hypermesis Gravidarum "can" be brought on by stress or extreme emotional upset but it is more likely that is simply the way your body responds to the pg hormones in your system. The GP may be limited in what he/she can give you in pg but you don't have long to wait now and then you will have a lovely new baby and be eating for England!

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 9:45pm

This midwife was being out of order in my opinion and so you need to have a 2nd opinion....

The first midwife sounded spot on - I am aware that they use drugs like Ondansteron for pregnancy related emesis. I used to administer this to patients I gave chemotherapy to when I was nursing.

As for the second lady, I think her attitude was dreadful and you should complain, not enough of us do.

These kind of stories anger me because I know when I worked full time as a nurse, I would never have dreamed of speaking to people like this. I was on the receiving end a bit today when I had a pre-op assessment done and the nurse was being a bit condescending. I politely, subtly let her know that I was a nurse myself and she instantly packed it in. I also had a similar experience when I was in having my little girl and was basically told I wouldn't be getting painkillers even though I really, really needed them after what had happened to me. I was so weak and felt so vulnerable at the time that I said nothing. I've since heard of others having similar treatment.

In short, speak to your GP tomorrow and explain what was said and see if you can get a prescription.

I hope you feel better soon. All the best,xxxx

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 10:14pm

:yell: let me at her, i'll smack the B**** that is no way for a professional person to speak to someone. sorry you had to have that kind of experience Amanda

i agree with the others, speak to your GP hun and see what they say. hopefully they will precribe you something to get you through the next few weeks until your wee girl arrives.

let us know how you get on

:xxx:

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 8:53am

Thank you all ladies for taking the time to reply. I'm almost at the end now so had just grown to live with the sickness, it was only when she said it was in my head I panicked as the thought of having this after giving birth..... Well it doesn't bare thinking about.

Thanks again x x

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Thursday, February 17th 2011, 9:13pm

W&H - what an awful experience and something you really shouldn't be worrying about. I would put it down to bad luck and forget about them.....bunch of meanies :box:
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE