You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "cathy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Friday, January 28th 2011, 11:45am

very tight bump with twins?

Hi All, I'm about 7 months pregnant with twins and my bump is feeling very tight and uncomfortable. Anyone else with twins having the same experience? These are my first babies so I don't really know what to expect. Have thought about using one of those support belts for your bump. Would anyone recommend them? Thanks! Cathy xxx
Cathy

Reg: Sep 26th 2009

Children: Herts&Essex

Friday, January 28th 2011, 12:54pm

Hi

Not really got any advice for you I am afraid but just wanted to let you know I also felt like this. I think it is just the weight of the 2 babies stretching our bodies!!! All I can say is it is such a relief once they are out!!!
Jo
IVF Sept/Oct 2009 - BFP but then chemical pregnancy :bawl:

IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - :BFP: twins bab11 bab11

Friday, January 28th 2011, 1:39pm

Thanks, JoJo, Been feeling a bit alarmed (I don't want to go into premature labour!) Cathy xxx
Cathy

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Friday, January 28th 2011, 2:02pm

Cathy it is normal to feel tight as your skin is doing lots of stretching and will itch too. I really struggled from 30 weeks on with pelvic pain as well and so uncomfortable with size of bump but it is all worth it. As Jojo says it is a lot better when they are out. Keep moisturising your bump I used bio oil as it helps. The last few weeks are a struggle so be prepared and try and rest as much as possible. Good luck and enjoy this very special experience, twins are amazing :happy:

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Eli

Ace

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Children: 2 Girls

Friday, January 28th 2011, 4:41pm

Hi Cathy,
I used a belt from about 25 weeks and I can highly recommend it gives you a bit of extra support, it was just enough for me. I used to put it on when I wake up and take it off at night. It was about £30 in mothercare but it worth every penny(for me). My bump was huge at 30 weeks I measured as much as a singleton and it grew even bigger the last 7 weeks but as the others say it is all worth it at the end. :happy: :happy:
Me 32, DH 34

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Friday, January 28th 2011, 5:19pm

Hi Cathy,

I used a bump belt too on the odd occasion. I found it to be helpful for short periods of time if I needed to be on my feet for a while.

Like Kirstin I used lots of bio oil to keep the skin moisturised as it got really itchy with all the stretching! I also got a 3month trial pass from a local hotel gym and spent a lot of time in the pool to take the weight off and keep my legs moving - it saved me!!

Have you experienced braxton hicks yet? That's a periodic kind of tightening that comes and goes.

Moonshine

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Friday, January 28th 2011, 5:20pm

As all the above ladies have said, Mrs C had similar symptoms.
Tightness and slight itchiness.

She moisturised and it definitely helped.
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 11:18am

Just like all the above, I used to rub in bio oil or moisturiser and it did help, I also used to find that getting the air about my bump helped loads, not handy when your out & about right enough :snigger: but in the house I always had my top tucked above my bump and trousers below, very chic, NOT!

Take it easy & rest as much as you can Hun x

:girl: :girl:

twin girls

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 12:48pm

Thanks everyone for your advice! So I'm off to buy my oil and support belt! Feeling quite uncomfortable and hadn't really expected this so soon. I'm just over a sickness bug too which I think has tired me out. Thanks, Kirstin, for your lovely message about having twins :) . I can't wait for them to arrive (just hope I don't explode in the meantime)! :thumbsup: Cathy xxxx
Cathy

Eli

Ace

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Children: 2 Girls

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 5:43pm

I meant to say that I was measuring as much as a full term singleton at 30 weeks (40 sm) :O
And just to add that that I did a lot of cream/oil rubing as well :)
Me 32, DH 34

mea

Ace

Reg: Dec 8th 2008

Children: little boy from our first ICSI

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 9:07pm

HI
My bump is very very tight in fact the skin around my belly button is now completely numb where its so stretched its also a reddish/purple colour. But amazingly i still have no stretch marks!!!

[/table][/col]

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 11:30am

Hi, yes, my bump was so tight with a few itches, especially from 35 weeks. Good luck over the next few weeks, such an exciting time :) x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 5:01pm

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your experiences. I've also got a bluish circle around my belly button something like Mea describes. Also very itchy! I've got a mild case of that liver condition - just had the results back. The itching is quite generalised (and a bit maddening) but thankfully the doc wasn't concerned. Definitely can feel the weight of my bump when I swing over from one side to the other when I'm in bed! Not long to go now though:) Can't wait! Cathy xxx :cuddle
Cathy