You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mel

• "Mel" started this thread

Reg: May 10th 2006

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 5:51pm

advice re baby breathing monitor pls . .

Has anyone seen advertised, or bought a 'Respisense'? The only place I have seen it is advertised at the back of a baby mag. It calls itself 'the worlds first, award winning and patented portable baby breathing effort monitor'. It looks about the size of a tictac box and it attaches to the baby's clothes. It detects breathing and has a breathing stimulator that is meant to help restore breathing or then sounds an alarm if no breathing has been detected after 20 seconds. I just wondered if anyone else has seen them. If it works, then why isn't it advertised everywhere/on the news/headlines? It seems such a wonderful idea, I'm wondering if I'm last to hear about it?

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Children: Connor 8, Freya 4, Harri and Rhys 3

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 6:01pm

RE: advice re baby breathing monitor pls . .

Hi Mel,

Not seen it myself, but my advise would be not to bother. I had a baby/breathing monitor when I had my ds, I found myself constently testing it and stressing out, it went off twice (for no apparent reason) and I couldn't sleep for weeks afterwards.

I would only have another one if I had a prem baby with breathing difficulties and special care advised me to have one.

Karenxx

3 Baby Angels

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 6:09pm

I agree with Kaza, they would only cause unnecassary upset. If they are not postitioned right, batteries loose etc then you would find yourself going and waking a sleeping baby all the time! A few people I know hav had the angel care monitors and had the same thing - in the end they didn't bother as they were fed up of false alarms!

I have a tomy classic monitor now, and although I have it on silent most of the time, there is a green light that flickers with dd's breathing that reassures me :))

Also, it is a well known advertising gimmick to be the worlds best /first / award winning /most popular/ recommended! Steer clear unless you have actually heard of it would be my advice! :))

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

IRISH

• "IRISH" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 15th 2006

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 6:30pm

i agree with sam.......my baby is actually a premature baby who was put on a respiration monitor.....it alarms constantly for no apparent reason and gives the whole house heart attacks....the alarm is so loud....my ds is the only one of my children to have had this apnae monitor fitted but they drive you insane....although yours wouldnt be the same , they'd be similar........although when i 1st took bubs home this was invaluble....but you have to prepare for the alarms.......

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 6:57pm

my ds had one too, and everytime it alarmed we panicked. I really wouldn't wory about having one on a full term healthty babies- they can cause more anxiety than you have already. There's already enough to worry about with a new baby without some equipment alarming needlessly!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE