You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "scoffs" started this thread

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 3:24pm

Gestational Hypertension

Hiya

Anyone had pregnancy related high BP? I was at my consultant appointment yesterday and they are concerned as my BP is higher than it should be. I've never had blood pressure problems and it seems that this has only come on since week 21 of my pregnancy (they were looking through all of my notes). I'm having an extra scan next week (hopefully, waiting for them to call me) so they can check the artery to the placenta as this can be affected by a high BP. I am not overly concened at this point as they seem very thorough.

Just wondered if anyone else knows/experienced this?

Thanks
S
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 4:04pm

Hi Scoffs,

I've had high blood pressure on and off throughout my pregnancy. I had it at 10 weeks, but I think that was down to the fact that I was terrified about the scan, it remained slightly raised during the second trimester and then dipped from about 32 weeks. But at 38 weeks I registered my highest reading yet of 154/94. My consultant doesn't seem too worried about it as everything else is normal - no protein in urine, blood flow to placents, fluid etc, but he did advise to deliver the baby sooner rather than later.

I definitely got the impression that high bp on its own wasn't a problem but if accompanied by other symptoms, can indicate a potential complication like pre eclampsia. Try not to worry hun, its more than likely nothing (possibly white coat syndrome??)

Dee xx

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 5:27pm

Hi .. I had high blood pressure with my second child from around 15 weeks .. I did end up having to take medication twice a day and had to be monitored a little more but everything was ok ... I wasn't allowed to go much over my due date and was induced at 40+2 ... my blood pressure came down pretty quickly afterwards -- within a week or two and my little monster is now 4 1/2 :-)
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 10:13pm

Thanks for your help ladies. Good to know all things turned out fine for both of you. I'm just gonna go with the flow and am sure everything will be no probs :-)
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Saturday, January 15th 2011, 9:13pm

Hi Scoffs, how are you? Just wanted to say that it sounds like you're getting looked after well, and being monitored, which is the main thing. Sometimes its necessary to take meds to keep your BP down, sometimes high BP can be an indication of something more serious. Pre-eclampsia is pretty unusual at your stage of pregnancy and as Deedee says, usually has other symptoms as well. Hopefully your situation is nothing to worry about and very controllable - let us know how you're doing.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 6:18pm

Seems things are fine. I went for a scan on thurs to get the blood flow to the placenta (from me, not her) as that is the bit that gets affected by high BP and it was normal. So we're very happy. The baby is fine and was very active and massive (she has a big fat tummy!!) and her growth certainly hasn't been compromised by this. So happy :happy: :happy:

BP will be kept an eye on and I certainly haven't got any other symptoms of anything more sinister. Thanks for your advice ladies

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, January 16th 2011, 7:51pm

That's great news Scoffs!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 3:05pm

PB has crept up again and i'm now having to get weekly checks and if it gets any higher I'll need to start taking medicine for it. I don't feel stressed at all (i'm the happiest/chilled I've been for a long time). No other symptoms at all and we're getting another scan at 32 weeks to check her growth but she's still massive (had a scan a 10 days or so ago) so i'm not worried. The consultant laughed when I asked if there was anything I could do to lower it -I was thinking more along the lines of cutting out salt etc but she's says its just one of those things. Glad you both had good outcomes regardless of your BP - it makes me feel very reassured. I've never had high BP and it was nice and low 110/60 until week 22 so its come out of nowhere. I'm sure the 2 hour wait at the clinc yesterday didn't help :)

Thursday, February 10th 2011, 3:08pm

Ironically this now has made me more concerned about the BP and that's probably pumped it up a bit... this cycle could go on till I explode :D

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE