You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

suki

Ace

• "suki" started this thread

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 1:49pm

losing amniotic fluid post amniocentisis

Hi, I had an amniocentisis on Thurs and then awoke last night in a puddle of fluid. I've been checked out at the hospital and there still seems to be fluid around the baby. I'm on strict rest & no lifting ( not easy with a toddler) pad watching ( sorry if TMI) and to be rescanned next Thurs if nothing changes before then. Has anyone else had this situation and gone to term? our results came back all ok and I'm terrified we lose a healthy baby. We knew the risks, but felt we had no choice but to have the procedure. many thanks for any advice and I hope I won't be judged on my decision to have the amnio.

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 4:11pm

Hi Suki,
I didnt want to read and run.... I havent had any experience with this but hopefully someone else will be able to pop in and give you some reassurance xxxx

Take care and take things easy xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 9:12pm

Hi there and sorry you are having to deal with this. Did you say your results came back negative? At least that's good news!

I had a CVS which I think is pretty much the same procedure (just take samples of different things) and didn't have this, however, when I went for a scan two weeks later then did say that my amniotic fluid had reduced. This has since gone back to normal. I am not sure whether the CVS did anything or not really.....I would just keep an eye on things and make sure you report any changes. I am sure if they were worried about things, they would have said. Did they mention loss of a little fluid when they did the procedure?
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Jessica

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 11:09pm

I can't offer any advice but didn't want to read and run. So sorry you've got this worry - I hope the leaking sorts itself out soon. xfingers
Kitty
xx

IVF Nov-08 - BFP. DS born July 2009
FET Oct-10 - BFN
IVF Sep-11 - BFN

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 11:17pm

I'm sorry that you're having to go through this, but great news on the results. I hope that as Hayley says the fluid levels can resolve themselves - I'm sorry I don't know anything about it either. I suppose you have to try and be comforted by the fact all looked ok on the most recent scan :cuddle

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Reg: May 9th 2009

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 12:52am

Hello there

Sorry this is happening to you but that's brilliant you got the result you did of the amnio. I just wanted to say that a similar thing happened to my friend when her waters broke at 20 weeks. She was put on bed rest for ages and it resolved itself. She didn't go to full term but got to 33 weeks which with twins, isn't bad and had nothing to do with the levels of amniotic fluid. Lots of luck to you.
Me: 37 Him: 42
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
:BFP: 10th June.
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 1:21am

Hi, sorry I can't help but didn't want to read & run either. What I would say though is not to worry about people judging the decision you made to have the amnio. Every person is different and accepts different tests. You made the right decision for yourselves & thats all you need to consider.

I have heard that the fluid can build back up and so I am sure that if you rest and take heed of the doctors advice, hopefully it will all be ok. Excellent news that the results are clear too xx

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 1:29pm

Dear Suki, I hope the leaking is resolving itself. I would second what Lynne has to say about the decision to have an amnio. Lots of people choose to have them; I think in the States it's almost routine. It's a very personal decision, taken for all sorts of different reasons. Take care and take it easy! Cathy xxxx
Cathy

suki

Ace

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 6:01pm

Thankyou so much everyone, So far, so good, no more leaking thank goodness! I've had my feet up and DH & friends running around after me. Hayley the consultant didn't mention fluid loss other than in the context of m/c, it just seemed like a big puddle, more than when my waters actually broke with my DD and I did panic. I've got a trillion questions for the consultant on Thurs and we are supposed to be flying to France to stay with my mum for a week on Monday. I don't know if it'll be ok? I'll be doing nothing while there but I'm not sure about the flight. Anyway, thanks girls for the advice and the support too, very much appreciated.
Suki xxx

United Kingdom

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 6:25pm

Hi Suki,

I hope you are feeling better and that things have settled down. The Consultant I had mentioned to me that there may be a little loss of blood and fluid but anything else should be reported. Having said that, they didn't seem too worried unless there was a lot of blood. At a scan five weeks or so ago the report mentioned that my amniotic fluid was lower than normal (after the CVS) but this has since been reported as 'normal' so I am guessing it can replenish itself? Who knows?
3 X ICSI

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 11:03am

Hi Suki, so glad to hear that the leaking has settled down! I'd ask your consultant about flying, just to be on the safe side. I think the first few days are the most important post-amnio as far as rest goes. Cathy xxxx
Cathy

Blue

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 11:10am

Hi Suki,
I'm so glad you haven't had any more leaking! And it's fantastic your results were in the clear, that must be a huge relief for you.
And please do not worry, none of us would ever judge you for having an amnio. It's a personal decision and many of us have had one, including myself.
Lots of luck for your appointment on Thursday,
Blue
xxx

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

suki

Ace

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 9:44am

My consultant actually phoned me at home yesterday (!) just to make sure I was ok and to confirm my scan time on Thursday. She seemed very positive and has said if the scans ok, that the trip to france is fine. Also that as I haven't had more leaking that hopefully the leak has sealed and won't cause any problems again, hurrah! Roll on Thursday!
My Dh really needs a break, between working and looking after DD and myself he is just shattered. Thankyou again everyone for all your support. xxx

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 9:50am

That's brilliant news suki, all the best for Thursday - good news about france and I am glad that the results came back fine for the amnio.

Best wishes for 2011 for u and your family hun xxxxxxx
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 12:12pm

Hi Suki, that's great news from your consultant! :cuddle I'm impressed they actually phoned you! Have a lovely holiday. Cathy xxxx
Cathy

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 2:49pm

Sounds like they're keeping a good watchful eye over you Suki...and rightfully so too :)

I hope the good news continues at your scan tomorrow
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Jessica

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 4:51pm

It's great news that the leaking seems to have stopped by itself. happydance Hopefully you will get the all clear tomorrow and then you'll have to start lending a hand before your DH wears himself out!

Hope you have a lovely time in France; sounds like lots of fun, in a quiet, relaxed sort of a way!
Kitty
xx

IVF Nov-08 - BFP. DS born July 2009
FET Oct-10 - BFN
IVF Sep-11 - BFN

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 4:53pm

Good luck for tomorrow - you will see, all will be fine x
3 X ICSI