You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Friday, August 28th 2015, 7:41pm

Hello ladies, how is everyone?

Not much to report here - awful back ache if I do too much but other than that all ok.

Hope everyone is well!

X
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Saturday, August 29th 2015, 10:34am

Net hope you're not doing too much so your back is ok. You need to look after yourself xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (30.08.2015)

Net

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 9:52pm

Too much housework! I'm really struggling today - feel so so lethargic and tired. I think it's the weather to an extent - it's so close and humid here. I really wish my mat leave was starting sooner - thank goodness for a bank holiday Monday!

How is everyone doing? Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Monday, August 31st 2015, 7:38am

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear your feeling so tired net, when do you see your mw again? Maybe worth a mention.

Jasper hope your doing ok and the tablets are helping, have a lovely break away xxx

Well in half an hr I have officially finished at my night shift job, till around May next year!!! (If I decide to come back ;))
Feel like a massive weight has been lifted!!!!

Saw the diabetic team last week and they are pleased with how my blood sugars are at the moment, just got to keep an eye and if they keep going up then to call them straight away, scan on the 18th then seeing them again on the 24th. Had a lovely chat with the baby doctor about birth options etc, she said if I opt for another c section they will do that at 39 weeks, or if all is well with baby and I want to try a vbac then they will do stretch & sweeps from 38weeks to try and bring things on and break my waters at 40 weeks as they don't induce you after you've had a section before due to higher risk of scar rupture. She was so lovely though explained the horrific time I had with last section, she said if I make sure I talk with the doctors etc and request a spinal and epidural then if I do start to feel it again then they can top that up, so that made me a bit more reassured, but would really like to try for a normal birth :)

Anyways hope your all ok :)
Best get all my stuff ready, home in 20mins yay!!!!!! :)
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cheenab" (Aug 31st 2015, 7:40am)

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Monday, August 31st 2015, 10:35am

Hi ladies just popping in to see how u r all doing.
Sorry u r so tired net, how long do u have left at work? Can u look into finishing earlier?
Chenab hopefully u can get a good birth plan in place
Hope everyone else is well
xx
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Reg: Oct 16th 2009

Children: 1 precious boy

Monday, August 31st 2015, 2:24pm

Hello everyone
Hope u all are well. My GD are in control but my Carpel Tunnel is really bad. I'm sorry some of you are still working as I went off maternity leave a month ago (3 months before due date) I'm so glad I did tho as I don't thing I could have gone to work with my arms!!!
I will also have the whooping cough injection next week, dreading the pain!
Baby doing fine so far. Got a few more appointments this week and next week with consultant (as I am classed as high risk due to IVF (still taking aspirin and clexane)
Also an appointment for My thyroid next week.
Hope your all well?
4x ICSI- Feb 10, Dec 11, Oct 12, Apr 13: :BFN:

ICSI- Feb 15: :BFP:
bab22 Born on 04/11/2015

ICSI - Aug 17 BFP
bab22 Born on 29/04/2018

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 1st 2015, 7:08am

Hi all

Net I hope you made the most of the extra day off and got some rest :-)

Cheenab I'm so glad u have finished night shift, don't know how you did it!

Babyh sorry to hear carpel tunnel is bad. Make sure you have whoopping cough jab in arm you don't sleep on

We went to mother in laws for weekend which was quite tiring as 3.5 hr journey each way and she kept us busy! I also had a cold over the weekend which finally seems to be clearing up. So glad I am feeling better as DH has day off and for months we have been planning to go to Leppa Pig World. Uts a surprise for the kids we're not going to tell them, just let them work it out when we get there! Tomorrow is last day oc summer holixays and on Thursday I intend to do nothing!!!!!

Xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Oct 15th 2014

Children: None yet

Tuesday, September 1st 2015, 11:36am

Hey everyone. Feels like I haven't been on fz in forever. Catching up on everyone is quite difficult though.lol. it proves just how different ways all get it during pregnancy. I've just hit y 30 week mark and so far so good. Had to leave a urine sample in today as there was a chance I have urine infection il get them results on Friday. My 29 week app went well last week apart from the UI.
My question is is there any products you all recommend for baby...this baby is our first and I'm trying to be really organised but I obviously don't have the knowledge or experience. There's prob a lot I wouldn't even think about.
Hope everyone is keeping well :-) xx
ICSI NO.1 6/3/2015 :BFP:

Net

Friday, September 4th 2015, 7:04pm

Hi all

Maisymoon gfeat to hear from you! In terms of products what do you mean? Pram, car seat etc or smaller things? X

Jasper and Cheenab hello - Cheenab glad the GD has settled a bit and u have finished work. What a relief! Jasper I bet you're glad of a bit of a rest now the holidays are over!

Babyh sorry your CT is so awful, it's so painful isn't it. Sympathies x
Afm I saw the consultant today. All ok apart from am measuring a bit small for dates so have a growth scan booked for 34 weeks. He wasn't overly concerned though as he thought it was due to LO's position. She's currently breech.

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, September 5th 2015, 7:36am

Hi everyone,
Yeah I managed to get some rest but still don't feel great and am actually getting quite frustrated with myself! I just feel quite lethargic and sick, could it be the iron tablets? ?? Still super disorganised and this is playing on my mind too! MIL has given us a chunk of money to get everything so this is not an issue but time and energy is!!!

Where to start Maisymoon!!! Lots u need but lots u don't need! Things I have so far, pram , carseat moses basket & 2 stands (1 upstairs 1 downstairs ) playmat, nappies cotton wool (hospital don't like wipes) sudocrem breastfeeding pads maternity towels Muslins bottles steriliser bouncy chair X2 (1 upstairs 1 downstairs) baby bjorn carrier sleeping bags baby grows vests and still to get hats cardis blankets sheets disposable/cheap pants to throw away, nursing bras milk formula just incase sure there's loads more but that's off top of my head!!!!
Net - did they seemed concerned she's breech or still plenty of time for her to turn??

Cheenab & babyh how are you ? Xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

cheenab

What's Up?

Saturday, September 5th 2015, 8:49am

Hi all :)

How are we all?

Sorry to hear your measuring small Net, you was quite small with L to though wasn't you? Hope the scan goes well, when I had my scan the other week they said baby was breech then saw mw last week and she said baby was head down, then said they can still move so much up until a couple of weeks before!!!!
Jasper maybe worth giving your midwife a call just explain your still feeling really lousy?
Hi maisymoon, sorry to hear about the UI, hope it's sorted quickly and doesn't give you any more problems xx

AFM-
Feeling super tired also a lot of the time, think I've got DS cold too woke up yesterday feeling lousy :(
All ok with baby, went back to my other job this week and my back has been hurting so much!! Have arranged to leave on the 2nd October instead of waiting till the 23rd, don't think I can last that long!!!
trying to get everything sorted for hospital bag, thought if I get that sorted at least then I will feel a bit more organised!!!!
30 weeks tomorrow :D

Net

Saturday, September 5th 2015, 7:23pm

Hello from a frazzled mum of one! DD is SUCH hard work today! dH has been out all day and she has run me ragged. Jasper how do u cope with two!

Jasper no he wasn't concerned re her being breech, think they can turn right up to term. Hoping she does as have decided I do not want a section now, going yo try for a natural birth and hope it doesn't go pear shaped like it did with DD! Scan booked for 15 th September now. Cheenab yes I did measure a bit small with my DD, usually 2cm behind but was only 29cm yesterday at 33+3.

Maybe the iron tablets are making you feel a bit wiped Jasper, mind you my iron levels are fine and I feel permanently tired! Had awful insomnia last night though, awake from 2.30-4.30am, ended up reading my kindle! So DD refusing her nap today was not a good thing!

Watching Strictly now and hoping she goes down at a decent hour. dH is home and taken her out. Hello everyone - maisymoon I think jasper has it all covered there!

X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, September 6th 2015, 8:09am

I'm feeling loads better today. Had a complete meltdown yesterday as was so stressed! Had a chat to dh tho and feel better. I have been worrying that he's not excited about the baby as he doesn't mention it much but I guess realistically we have very little time together where it's just us to chat. I also spent some time sorting through baby stuff and that made me feel better.

Cheenab I'm glad to hear you are leaving work earlier!
Net I don't know how I do it either! In school holidays I had about 2 hours to myself and that was for a mw appt! I watched strictly last might and x factor. ....love it!

Ive been getting a dull ache/heavy feeling in my lower back, hoping some yoga tonight helps

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net

Sunday, September 6th 2015, 5:47pm

Glad you're feeling better today jasper and hope the yoga helps.

I have such a rotten cold - been feeling ill since last Sunday and have awful cough and blocked nose still. Honey and lemon sure isn't a nurofen cold and flu substitute! Even called in sick at work last week which is very unlike me. Moan moan moan !

Took DD to a heavy horse show today, she was a bit meh at the horses but loved the birds of prey. My back is now killing me as a result of walking round all morning and LO seems to be having a quiet day but not sure if I've just been so busy I haven't noticed the kicks. So stressful. If she doesn't liven up tonight I will call midwife as she's usually super busy in the evening.

How is everyone? Simhel how are you getting on?

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Monday, September 7th 2015, 9:56am

Morning ladies. Thank u all...so far I have everything you all covered. Have any off you used the tommee tippee instant bottle maker I hear good reports on it? I'm going to try breast feeding but thinking practically for night feds that this would be ideal. Also another friend mentioned an angel mat but I read about this burning the baby mattress so it was instantly ruled out. Atm I'm trying to get all the winter woodies in because it's supposed to be an awful winter. The UI turns out not to be a UI. The baby is just putting a lot off pressure that's giving me the same feeling. Quite annoying but I'm happy he baby is head down. Starting my antenatal classes tonight and partner is not happy lol but I wanna experience it all! Everyone seems to be quite sick and sore so I really hope u all get better that weather really doesn't help though! Net I hope the growth scan gives u all the assurance u need. Take care.xx

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, September 7th 2015, 12:59pm

Hi ladies,

I too have an awful cold net, woke up this morning and feel like I have a razor blade in my throat :(
Had my whooping cough jab this morning, dead arm already :(
Baby hasn't been as active the past couple of days, but I get a really tight feeling in my tummy look down and its lop sided rotf, I'm just not feeling the kicks as much but yet I'll look down and my belly is moving I just can't feel it!!! Not sure if I should be worried by that? Got up this morning also and had a horrible heavy pressure down there, felt like something was about to come out :/

Anyways hope your all doing well, just back from swimming lesson with ds, he's shattered and so am I!!! But will we get a nap, very doubtful ;)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, September 7th 2015, 1:43pm

What an unhealthy bunch we are with our colds! Mines nearly gone now but still quite snotty!

Cheenab I think I mentioned the other day that I had a lot of pressure in my bum, it was quite scary. I think I was constipated but didn't realise as felt better after going to loo, sorry if tmi! Does seem odd if u can see movement but not feel it? Maybe call mw?

Maisymoon- I have seen the prep machines and I know some ppl swear by them, particularly if u plan to make every bottle up fresh. This is what I have done in the past but I know it's not followin the guidelines .......sterilise bottles and fill with boiling water, leave to cool for a few mins, put lids on and leave on worktop in kitchen to cool to room temp. As and when bottles are needed add the formula. At night I would take a bottle up to bed and premeasured amount of formula powder. I always fed them at room temp so made trips out easier as no need to heat bottle. I hope to be for a few months but will follow this plan when I stop!

Net did LO get more active last night? Hope all is OK.

I am enjoying routine of school even tho I miss ds. I am trying to do an activity with dd in the morning and then have quite afternoons, luckily she loves cbeebies! Tried a new music group today which was fun and now watching Twirlywoos!!!! X

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Monday, September 7th 2015, 1:57pm

I am a huge fan of the bottle prep machine. It is so fab. Truly worth every penny in my eyes. Again against advice when I had twins and switched to bottle feeding my HV told me to make up all my bottles at the start of the day and as long as they were kept in a good fridge there is no issue. She said there has been an issue in Eastern Europe with a lady who had feed a premade bottle but it had not been in a fridge for 48 hours so no wonder baby got sick!!

Hope everyone is feeling better soon. I used to have the same thing with movement. I couldn't feel that much but could see belly moving and was because baby was kicking in towards my back at that time.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Jasper (07.09.2015)

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, September 7th 2015, 7:08pm

Ooo that's reassuring thanks heather!!! I will definitely mention to mw or consultant when I see them next :) I know he's moving as I could feel at silly o clock this morning it just tends to be during the day I get the movement just can't feel it!! ;)

Net

Monday, September 7th 2015, 8:07pm

Hello all

Cheenab I also get that - I look down and my bump is lopsided on the opposite side to where it was! I also get that pressure feeling loads. My midwife said its common for second time mums - like the baby us gonna fall out! Horrid isn't it. How's the cold? Hope you're feeling a bit better.

Jasper yes LO was kicking for Britain all day today, phew! I think she'd moved from breech to head down which was causing the lack of kicks as shed turned inward but she's definitely active today.

Maisymoon sorry I can't advise re bottles as I breastfed ( much DD refused a bottle point blank, I think I bought every make on the market.,) they sound good though - anything to make life easier I say! I had a tomee tippee sensor mat like the angel care one. Now I'm a total neurotic and couldn't sleep properly without it! It was a god send for me as my DD was really sniffly at night and in the end I put her to bed on her side ( the health visitor recommended it) but for peace of mind I used the sensor. I loved it. I also loved my Ewan the dream sheep ( look on Amazon) to help my DD to get to sleep. A good bouncy seat is a necessity in my eyes too, I used mine loads.

Not much else happening here, still full of cold! Three more commutes to go! Just so tired these days. Day at home tomorrow though, yay!

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 7:35am

Glad LO has livened up Net! I must be getting lots of pressure as it's my 3rd! ::P And you've just reminded me I need some sort of nightlight/projector. As soon as DD started having a bedtime routine we used a projector that played music etc. We wanted to give her something to associate with going to sleep instead of falling asleep on last feed. It seemed to work and she has always been able to self settle.

I need to start washing everything soon. Getting it dry will be the challenge. Really thinking maybe I should invest in a tumble dryer!!!!! I have found the baby grow that both dd and ds wore home from hospital for this LO to wear ☺
Have a good day everyone x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net

Tuesday, September 8th 2015, 9:30pm

I'm also investing in a tumble dryer! I have a really old washer dryer that washes fine but has given up the ghost on drying. I sorted out all the baby gros and vests etc from DD today and realised I definitely need a dryer as hardly any space now to dry clothes indoors. I will miss hanging them all on the line to dry ( am I the only weirdo who loves doing that?!)

Despite having Ewan the sheep my DD was a pickle to get to sleep until she was about 9 months then we did controlled crying for two nights ( the hardest two nights of my life I think) which cracked it. Not for everyone I know. I used to feed her to sleep before then - I'm hoping i won't go down he same route with this one but we shall see!

LO has definitely livened up - she's been kicking away with gusto all day - phew.

Hope everyone is well? Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 5:42pm

I used to feed DS to sleep and at 5 years old he still can't self settle!!! We tried everything and are now just relying on him growing out of it!!!!

Had MW appt today and I am measuring 35cms at just over 32 weeks! She said the baby doesn't feel massive it's probably just because it's my 3rd. But she did say she may have to do a diabetes test nxt time. I checked if I can give birth at the birthing centre with low iron and she said my iron needs to rise to atlas 95, it was 93 when they tested it. So I am going to do everything I can to get levels to rise as really don't fancy the long drive to hospital! One of the mums from school is a mw and she said I just look big as I am skinny! I would disagree but nice to hear! ::P

Slowly getting more organised! Washed a few baby blankets today and bought a few small bottles of ready made formula ready for the day when bf gets too much!!!! I bf ds for 6 weeks and dd for 4 months, just going to see how it goes this time. My only aim is 2 weeks while Dh is off work

Hope you are all well x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 6:16pm

Saw the mw today and measuring 30cm at 33+3! I have my scan next week so hoping all ok. Baby is breech too - let's hope she turns soon! Had weird muscle spasm type movements last night - can only describe it as feeling like LO was having a fit. Very strange. Only lasted 5 mins or so. MW thinks it's because of her position, or that it could have been my uterus rather than LO. Either way I'm feeling a bit worried about LO and can't wait for scan. She's also getting hiccups about four times a day. Scared myself on Google as its mentions cord compression with frequent hiccups. Stupid Google! Anyone else's LO getting frequent hiccups? Hoping I feel more positive tomorrow. MW didn't seem concerned about anything but I am just a worrier.

How is everyone doing? Jasper I've also got some stuff sorted, ordered crib, sorted baby gros and vests etc. need to get car seat now. ( the one we had for DD got stolen with my car
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 9:34pm

When I was pg with DS he used to get hiccups every afternoon! When he was born he still used to get it! Stay away from Google! My baby is head down so hoping it stays that way! What a nightmare about car and carseat, I'd hate that to be honest no one would want my car! ::P

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Monday, September 14th 2015, 12:17pm

:) thanks ladies for all the advice. I've got the bottle prep as my sister bought me it. I'm going to try breast feeding as it's my first I'm not sure if the wee one will take so I'm trying to prepare for all situations. I've never felt the wee one hiccup I'd imagine it's strange mine just is constantly on the move. Killed with heartburn this week as well. With me I had the icsi treatment and so far my hospital haven't mentioned to be about letting me go over my due date if I don't go naturally. But my hospital said my date can't ever be changed and if I go over according to a few forums I've read on it can increase chances of still birth etc. Has anyone on here went over due with treatment? I'm going to have to speak to my mw at my next app to see what way they are about it because from what I gather they're treating it just as a normal pregnancy.
Happy Monday girls :) xx

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, September 14th 2015, 7:04pm

My first pregnancy was from icsi and I was just treated same as everyone else. I was fortunate that DS was born on his due date!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net

Monday, September 14th 2015, 7:11pm

I was also treated as normal. I had my Dd at 39 weeks but that was because I was induced with pre eclampsia. My friend went to 43 weeks with hers ( not something I'd do - she went against medical advice) but a few of my other friends have gone to 42 weeks as well.

Growth scan tomorrow, feeling nervous but also looking forward to seeing LO again

X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 12:05pm

Growth scan went well - she's measuring bang on dates for everything, head is slightly over average (help!). Also, she's definitely gone head down now, so all good. Phew! Apparently she weighs 5lb 1oz but they told me DD was 6lb 7oz at 36 weeks and she was 6lb 6 when she was born at 39+2, so taking that with a pinch of salt.

How is everyone?
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 12:29pm

Glad it went well Net, must be a relief for you.
Can you believe I've still got a cold.. 2.5 weeks now!
When I had DS I will never forget the mw saying ooh that's the biggest I've had for a while when she measured ds head!!!!
Dh is going to take a few days off this week so we can try and get some stuff sorted. We have most things but it's all dumped on spare room!

How are you all getting on with names? We're still undecided! X

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 1:54pm

Massive relief I have to say. My God I think I would've cried if the MW said that to me re the head - my DD was on 2nd centile for weight but 50th for head - haha.

Our spare room is also just a heap of clothes and baby related stuff - I finish work on Monday so am going to spend some time sorting it all out.

We have a name for LO - I think. DD actually came up with it, and it's sort of stuck - it's one of her friends at nursery's name, so we're a bit worried about confusing her, but I think we're going to go with it. Middle names sorted as we DD has family names for middle names, so going with my mum and DH's mums names this time around for middle names (DD's are my gran and DH's gran's names).

My cold is also still here - I am SO over it now - was 2 weeks on Sunday - think you can get a stuffy nose when PG too can't you, so I'm thinking that;s not helping.

x
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 2:49pm

Just checked red books out of interest and DS was on 91st for head and 50th for weight! Luckily DD was 2nd for head!!! Just read my labour summary too....2st stage 1hr 15 (although I'd say more like 4-5 hours but they don't count it all!) 2nd stage 6 mins and 3rd stage 4 mins. I must remember this, and hope for the same or quicker! ::P

Yeah I'm starting to think stuffy nose is just a symptom of pg now!

I'm going to have to start looking online again at names. We have been hoping something will just jump out at us but nothing yet! X

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 3:26pm

Oh wow you were lucky with how quick your labor was! I was induced 8pm on the Saturday and had her 10.30pm on the Sunday - took me from 9am to 7pm to fully dilate then we had an emergency forceps as her heart rate was slow. I am hoping for a nice simple birth this time around!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 4:15pm

Yeah it was quick from start to finish my first was 10 hours and second 5 hours but the mw don't class all of it as established labour, I did!!! Hoping for a nice quick one this time :) it suddenly occurred to me today that I'm not sure when to go to the birthing centre! I had better check! X

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Oct 11th 2014

Tuesday, September 15th 2015, 4:49pm

Hi all! Sorry it's been so long, try and check fz as often as I can.

Finally hit the 30 week mark tomorrow and everything seems to be on track. Does look like she will be a small baby but me and oh are short arses so it's no surprise lol. Another growth scan in 2 weeks and finish on mat leave on 10th Nov! Seems forever away but I've got 3 weeks worth of holidays booked between now and then so hopefully it's not too much of a strain. Have both whooping cough and flu jabs tomorrow, safe to say I'm not looking forward to feeling run down from them!

Net- glad that the growth scan went well! Although my eyes water for you if the head size us accurate! Lol

Waves to everyone else, glad to see a few still here xxx

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 9:10am

Hi ladies :)

Cold still hanging about here also!!! :(
I think you are prone to blocked noses in pregnancy? Are you all having the flu jab?
Glad the scan went well net, are they going to monitor any more or just leave you to it now?
Not long till mat leave for you!! I'm finishing at my other job on the 2nd, can't wait!!!! Have got next week and the week after to allocate work to others so hopefully won't be doing a lot then!!! ;)

Wow quick labours for you jasper, I went in to be induced on the Wednesday then had him via c section on the Friday, and allowed home on the Sunday!! I really hate staying in hospitals!!!!

Hi saffy, not long till mat leave for you also :) good luck for your jabs today!!

I have a growth scan booked for Friday, my dad is coming with me he's really excited bless him!!!
Baby has been so active the past few days I think he has changed position again, still getting lots of pressure down below though and constant braxton hicks!!!! Insomnia seems to have kicked in again, literally waking all night long!!!! Me and DS were up at 6.30 this morning that's so not like us at all haha!!!
Have just dropped him to nursery, still a settling in day so less time but leaving them on their own!!! He was absolutely fine about me going!! Me I'm a nervous wreck although I know he will be fine!!!!!
Need to try and chill a bit more about everything my blood sugars keep rising slightly so know I need to chill out a bit more stop them from going up.
Worrying about our dog also, she's been referred to a specialist as the vet thinks she has a tumour in her eye, so that's going to cost us a small fortune, appointment is next Friday consultation alone is costing £250 :S
She's worth it though if it keeps her with us longer, just an added expense we really didn't need right now!!!!
Have a lovely day ladies, I'm off to walk the dogs and do some housework, keep me busy so I stop worrying about the little mister!!!! ;)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 9:16am

Good to hear from you Saffy . Hope jabs go well. I haven't heard from go about flu jab yet but my mw did say I would probably havethe baby before I hear about jab!!

Sorry to hear about your dog Cheenab. Sounds like it could be expensive, bad timing! That will be lovely for your dad to come with you to scan. If I have to have another I was thinking I might invite my mum.

I'm worried that my iron levels aren't rising as I'm still getting quite breathless and have more mouth ulcers :-(

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 7:29pm

Hi Saffy and good luck with the jabs. You are brave having both together!

Cheenab I'm sorry about your dog. My dog is like my baby so I'm sure you are very worried. Vets are so expensive aren't they. Not long until you finish work at least. Good luck with growth scan. I took my mum to my second 20 week scan ( couldn't see everything at first scan) and she loved it. She didn't have any scans when pregnant with me so it was a real novelty for her.

Jasper can you call your midwife re iron levels? That doesn't sound good - assume you're on aupplements? My iron levels seem to stay sky high no matter what happens, even after a haemorrhage when I had DD they were still in the normal range! Isn't it strange how we are all so different. Hope you are feeling better soon

Hallo everyone else - how is everyone?

Very active baby here today - I am SO looking forward to finishing work. People have piled me up with stuff to do this week - think I am going to end up working the weekend to get it all done! Seeing consultant midwife tomorrow re birth plan and then normal midwife on Sunday for routine visit.

X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 7:38pm

Yeah I'm on iron supplements and need my levels to rise on my nxt test at 36 weeks or I can't go to birthing centre

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Thursday, September 17th 2015, 6:49am

Hello Everyone, I hope you don't mind me joining you again as there's no one in 2nd tri.

I've been dropping in to have a quick read but not written for a while.

Net, Cheenab, jasper, maisymoon and saffy, it's great to read how you are all getting on and that overall you are all doing well.

Maisymoon I had ICSI too and there's been no mention about any concerns because of it, and if it wasn't for unrelated issues I would be being treated as a normal pregnancy. So try not to worry, though maybe speak to your mw to get some reassurance.

Net, how's your back now, are you still suffering? Do you have long left before you finish work? I bet you can't wait! X

Cheenab, I hope you're managing to relax a bit and that your blood sugars stay down. This pregnancy malarkey really is an endless worry! I always joke with my midwife/consultant/ pharmacist that pregnancy should come with a warning letter about what to joys to expect, he he!

Saffy I hope your jabs go well tomorrow, give your arm a good rub after to help disperse the liquid, it does help stop the aching afterwards. A warm compress or hot water bottle helps too if it's really bad. Good luck. X

Jasper I'm sorry to hear your still breathless, that's really horrible to have. I had it earlier on but thankfully it's eased off a lot and only seems to come back if I get too tired or do too much. I'm not good with iron supplements as they make me sick, but find spatone and floradix liquid are fine and seem to help keep my levels ok. I think you can take floradix alongside normal supplements too, as it's totally natural, but double check at a health food shop of with a pharmacist. Though you may already know about/ be on it already. I hope everything stays ok and you can use the birthing centre. Probably a stupid question, but why does your iron levels effect if you can go there?

I'm now 22+6 and generally doing ok. I've been suffering really badly with an old back injury and I had a wee tumble last week out dog walking, which didn't help matters! The mw has referred me for physio so hopefully that will help. Though I am quite bad and just try to carry on and power through the pain, when maybe I should stop what I'm doing and rest. But easier said than done with DH working away so much and all the animals to look after. I also have a horrible varicose vein which runs from my ankle up the outside of my leg and then round the front of my knee to the back, with lots of smaller patches of broken veins running up either side of it. It looks hideous, as if my legs all bruised. I'm now having to wear a full length strong support stocking all the time as the vein was going really lumpy and starting to hurt. I pick it up tomorrow so will see what it's like. Has anyone else had to wear one? I hate having tight things on my legs, so hopefully it'll be ok. I'm under strict instructions to wear it all the time, so had best behave and do as I'm told, he he!
Little miss gave me a scare last night night as I normally get loads of movement after dinner, but had nothing. She's normally really active and I generally feel her every couple of hours. I then realised I hadn't actually felt her since the morning. I eventually got her moving a bit by having a bath, it wasn't as much as normal but better I figured better than nothing! However just after getting into bed she clearly woke up and was moving so much my stomach was moving all over the place with big lumps sticking out here and there, was very funny to watch. She's been on the go on and off all night so I haven't had much sleep but don't mind at all as it's so nice to feel her moving again. I'm glad I managed to calm myself down and didn't rush off to hospital, as I would have felt very daft going in only for her to be kicking about so much!! I've had stern words that she not to do that again, so hopefully she'll behave and listen to me, he he !
Everything else is going well, blood pressure is staying down and my cervix is long and closed for now. So I'm trying my best to put it all to the back if my mind and relax. I've started getting bits and pieces, clothes etc to keep me busy. I've been really lucky with finding lots of nearly new/ new stuff on gumtree for really good prices, so have ended up getting more than I planned at this stage. But at least we'll be sorted and I won't have to rushing about in the snow later on. My next was meant to be at 26 wks but now isn't until 28 wks as the consultants department is closed for 2 wks, which seems a bit strange, so I'm now seeing the mw at 26 as she didn't want to leave me that long. So from 26wk I'll be seeing someone every 2 wks, it's great they are keeping such a close eye and I'm sure it'll make time go quickly too! The one thing I am finding surprising is the amount of horror stories people like to tell, I don't get it at all. One friend very kindly told me about someone she knew who lost their baby at 23wks due to incompetent cervix, and how it happened really quickly so nothing could be done to save the baby! Considering she know that's what I'm at risk of I have no idea why she told me. It set me I to a bit if a panic for a few weeks, so every bit of pain or unusual pressure had me worrying, as well as a few nightmares of it happening to me. Thankfully when I saw the mw this week she was really lovely and has totally reassured me again. I've decided to set myself little mile stones to reach to help ease the worry a bit. I'll be at my first on fri at 23 wks. Phew!

Anyway, sorry for the very very long post. Though it's helped pass the last few hours of my insomnia, plus good to get it all off my chest!

I hope you all have a good weekend. :-)

:) :)
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Net

Friday, September 18th 2015, 1:30pm

Hey everyone

Simhel great to hear from you. Sorry to hear re the varicose veins and the back ache. Hope physio helps, and the stocking. I had suspected dvt when I was 38 weeks with DD so had to wear one. They're not attractive but do the job haha. Glad cervix is not causing issues and your mw has been supportive. There are horror stories out there but you need to remember everyone is different. Sounds like it's all going as planned for you which is great news. My DD had quiet days like the one you described all the time, it was scary, I didn't call the mw either and got told off lots too. Oops. This baby is totally different, she's on the go 24-7. So do you have insomnia too? I keep waking at silly o'clock as well. Cramp wakes me up all the time too.

Jasper how are you feeling?

Cheenab how did growth Scan go?

Babyh, maisymoon, saffy everyone else how are all?

AFm I went to see consultant mw yesterday re birth plan. Feeling much more positive, have a supportive birth plan in place, will be allocated a senior mw, allowed water birth provided my blood pressure behaves and generally hoping it will be much more calm than with DD. LO has been going crazy this morning, really quite painful now that space is getting tight. I swear she's gone back to being breech from head down on Tuesday. I hope not. Normal mw on Sunday so hopefully find out then.

Have a good weekend everyone xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Friday, September 18th 2015, 9:48pm

Hi everybody :)

Smihel lovely to hear from you, that's not very nice of your friend!! Glad all is going well and your being kept an eye on, try and steer clear of advice and stories from others, people mean well I think but generally do not help :P

Net so pleased you have a birth plan all sorted, sounds like they are really taking good care of you :) I can't believe you are almost 35wks!!!!!

How are you feeling jasper? Did you contact your mw at all?

Hi to everybody else :)

I've had the day from hell, won't fill up in here with a load of waffle though (one for the diary I think!!)
It's just been a nightmare from start to finish.
Growth scan this morning, baby is measuring fine a steady growth from the last scan, is in a really awkward position though, head top of my tummy, back all down my right side, feet to the left and bum downwards!!!! What she was really concerned about was the amount of fluid, has risen even more from the last scan, it was just over normal last scan but now gone up more again instead of going down :(
So she said the consultant will want to monitor that more, and from what I've read online high fluid can cause premature labour, and have an effect on baby too, then difficulties during labour too!!!
Nothing in this pregnancy is going smothely. So I think I've finally decided in my head that I'm going to ask for another c section, although it was the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life and I so want to try the natural way, I think this will be the safer option in the long run, everything is going wrong and I don't want baby to be effected more by having him the normal way. So going to have a chat with her next week and I think she will agree it's for the best, so if it all goes ahead will be done either 38/39 weeks.
Don't get me wrong I'm scared stiff about it, but I feel I need to get my head around it now instead of leaving it till the last minute!!!!
So that's a small fraction of my stressful day haha!!!!
Tomorrows a new day though ay :P

Net

Saturday, September 19th 2015, 6:59am

In Cheenab I'm sorry you've had such a stressful day. If baby is breech and aweigh everything else sounds like you've made a sensible decision to me - I think I'd do the same. I've also been agonising over section versus natural and know how stressful that decision is. I'm terrified of the same things happening to me again as they did last time ( 10 month recovery from natural birth!) - different to you of course - but just to say I sympathise and understand how hard a decision it is. At least if you get booked in you can have some weeks to get used to the idea and an elective section is hopefully going to be a totally different experience to what happened with Z. These babies huh!

Take care, big hug xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Saturday, September 19th 2015, 7:01am

Oh and to add - this LO was in exactly the same position as your LO last week - like exactly the same and then three days later I had a scan and she was head down. So hopefully your LO will get in a better position soon x
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 7:14pm

Just a quick one so sorry for lack of personals but just want some advice. DH has a work night out when I will b 36+5, am I being unreasonable saying I don't want him to drink and stay over???? He has said it's up to me but I feel that's unfair making me say no as I have no idea when the baby will come. I'm really upset as I would've thought he wouldn't have even considered it. He said he'll get taxi home if igo in to labour, but what use is a drunk birth partner???!! X

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jasper" (Sep 22nd 2015, 7:15pm)

Net

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 7:17pm

I'm putting DH on a booze ban from 36 weeks just in case, I don't think you're being unreasonable at all
!

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 8:31pm

Jasper I don't think you're being unreasonable at all, my DH works away mon- fri and he's on a total drinks ban from 32 wks just in case I need him home. I'd be like you and would have hoped he wouldn't even consider going too, I hope it all works out. X

Hope everyone else is doing well. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

cheenab

What's Up?

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 9:07pm

Jasper I had exactly the same from dp the other day he has a works night out 16th oct, I'll be 36 weeks then too!!!
I just said go if you want to (he doesn't go out a lot!!!) but if you get totally out of it and I happen to go into labour then you'll miss it!!!! Not something I'd want him to miss but I'm hoping if he goes out with that in his head then he won't drink a lot ;)
I don't think your being unreasonable at all, hope it gets sorted xxx

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 23rd 2015, 7:39am

Thanks for the reassurance. My DH doesn't go out much either so I don't want to say no you're not going but I don't think asking him not to drink is end of the world! I haven't had a drink since Feb! ::P I was so upset as it feels like he's willing to risk missing the birth. Having 2 children already I feel like we haven't even had time to enjoy the pregnancy together and I've just been getting on with it. We had a long talk and I explained how I feel but I have no idea if he's going and couldn't face asking this morning! He did make an effort last night to sit down and discuss name. We have a short list now of 2 girls names and 3 boys ☺

Yesterday I had so many braxton hicks! A few an hour all afternoon & eve! I was starring to think the night out wouldn't be a problem as I only had them the day I went in to labour with DS &DD but nothing so far this morning. I'll mention it to mw tomorrow.

Thanks for being there when I was upset girls xxxx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, September 23rd 2015, 3:50pm

Ooo what names do you have?! Or are you keeping secret?! ;)
Zachary and me have 3 names we like, but daddy is yet to agree on any ;) xxx

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests