You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Friday, September 20th 2013, 11:18am

Oh bless. Glad all is well. Pesky positioned babies huh!! Congratulations. Hope they look after you both well x

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Friday, September 20th 2013, 1:12pm

Oh Bee congratulations, what a super weight, yes no wonder he wasn't coming out to easily! I hope you're ok after your section blowkiss

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Friday, September 20th 2013, 8:50pm

Congratulations!
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Friday, September 20th 2013, 11:22pm

Congratulations : D What a great weight too. Recover well and enjoy your lovely baby boy xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 10:40am

Wow 9 pounds! So glad he arrived safely. He is gorgeous Bee and I love the name xxx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 8:12pm

Thank you everyone! Still can't believe I cooked such a whopper!

We are both recovering well and DS1 seems delighted by his baby brother so far!

Elizmac, hope you're recovering well too xxx
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 9:46pm

Huge congrats to Elizmac and BeeS on your new arrivals.

Xxx

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 4:07pm

Aww congrats elizmac and bee wow big baby x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Reg: Feb 7th 2013

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 12:48pm

Hi everyone, I wanted to pop over and say hi as I'm now nearly 31 weeks - due late November.

Congratulations to you all on the safe arrivals, I hope you're all well and enjoying your gorgeous babies.

I think one or two of the 2nd tri ladies will be joining me soon.

x

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 27th 2011

Monday, October 7th 2013, 7:52pm

Hello!!

So, had my 28 week growth scan today. Everything was looking really good so thought I'd hop on over into the 3rd tri page :hi:
All the measurements they took were either spot on or just a bit ahead so very pleased with that. Also, they can somehow tell that the baby now weighs 2.2lbs. Amazing how they can know that!!!
We were so pleased that we went straight to Mothercare on the way home to order some stuff before their sale ends on Weds. Have ordered cot, changing table, mattress and car seat. Feels great! :weehee:
Have got another consultant appointment tomorrow so hoping that is equally as positive.

Anyone else in here besides you and me Splodgeface? Thought Inik might be here now....... come on over, you know you want to!!! Will still pop into 2nd tri too to keep up with how folk are doing.
xx
ICSI 2010 :BFN:
ICSI 2011 :BFP: twins. Pre-term labour 21 weeks. Precious boy and girl lost.Totally heartbroken.
FET 2013 :BFP: DD born Dec 2013

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 5:47pm

Hoooray I have a 3rd tri friend!

That's great news Sunflower, the shopping part is lovely isn't it? I did a big shop in John Lewis the other day, I was knackered by the end of it but I think we pretty much have everything we need now. Just a few more bits and bobs to get and then I'll be washing everything and getting my bag packed. After that I'm going to cook a load of meals to pop in the freezer - I need things to keep me busy but knowing my luck the baby will be really late and I'll have been super organised for no reason.

It's great to have you over here. I'm thinking of booking a private scan but I'm not sure I want to know the weight in case it's a chunker, it may make me nervous!

xx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 2:00pm

Sounds like you are very organised splodgeface! I definitely feel I'm starting to enter that "nesting" phase now. Have been sorting and tidying loads of stuff on my non-work days. Most of it is totally un-baby related but I think my brain is thinking that once it arrives I'll never have time to do these jobs! Cooking lots of meals sounds good and certainly something I'd like to do nearer the time. Noticed your ticker now says 50 days to go!!! Getting closer!!

Had consultant appointment on tues. He's really happy with how everything is going so wants me to keep taking the horrid progesterone pessaries until 38 weeks (he had previously said 30). His thinking is why stop something that isn't doing any harm but might be doing a lot of good? Also, I had sugar in my wee for the 3rd time so he now wants me to have a glucose test which is booked for Friday. With that, the scan, flu vaccine yesterday and whooping cough vaccine and blood test today it's been quite a busy week!!!
ICSI 2011 :BFP: twins. Pre-term labour 21 weeks. Precious boy and girl lost.Totally heartbroken.

Reg: Jul 17th 2009

Children: William - born 16.05.2010 :)

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 9:07am

:weehee: we made it in to 3rd Trimester!! yey feels great isnt it starsmile It is where we actualy will be having a babies :weehee:

Sunflowerliz- Its thursday and i only just seen Mothercare had sale ending yesterday... maybe thats for the best as I already have way to many stuff for my princess..
Good to hear that you both doing well. Its great to do the baby shopping isnt it.

Splodgeface - quick you got less than two months- get the washing on [zx172] I have most off it done already :)
Im also trying to keep busy- wanted something for the nursery to hang above the cot- and I thought I make it myself (picture attached) so now Im sawing and knitting in the evenings- proper housewife lol

Getting my injections on Saturday. can you believe we so close to holding our babies - cant wait :)
inik29 has attached the following file:
  • IMGP9965.JPG (115.48 kB - 2 times downloaded - latest: Oct 18th 2013, 9:36am)
Klaudia
IVF 2009- :BFP: my DS born may 2010 lurve
IVF 2013- :BFP: DD born 29.12.2013
Good luck everyone :xxx3:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Oct 10th 2013, 9:08am)

Friday, October 11th 2013, 8:31pm

Hi ladies.
Gutted today- I noticed my hair coming out in this pregnancy quite badly and today i looked in mirrow and my hair looks like someone cut the top layer of with blunt scissors :( ( I dont have leyers they long and same lenght) :hairout
I have long blond hair and i really like them so got bit upset about it. Going tomorrow to John Lewis to get some treatment but it looks like I will have to cut them :( any advise ladies?
I know- hair- silly thing to get upset about but I cant help it. I supose its one of thouse things we need to go through..
My blood results come back that Im anemic so need to take 3 iron tablets a day- thats probably why my skin and hair is so bad :(...
any way sorry for a moan xx
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 12th 2013, 3:34pm

Hi all

Inik - Oh no!! That sounds horrible about your hair. Hope it doesn't get any worse. At least with the colder weather you've got the option to wear some cute hats until your body's hormonal balance sorts itself out again. Love the picture of the decoration you made for your nursery, and such a pretty name too bab19

I'm having a bit of a rubbish day today. Had to go for a glucose test unexpectedly yesterday and it came back that I have gestational diabetes :thumbdown: . Had to go back to the day assessment unit to get information about it all and was given a blood sugar monitor that I have to test with 3 times a day. They are hoping that I will be able to control it with diet but it means making quite a few changes. I wouldn't say I had a bad diet before but am partial to a biscuit or bit of cake (who isn't???!!!). Anyway, husband has just gone to Tesco to stock up on suitable food and he says he'll follow the same diet too which is sweet. Obviously I'll do anything they tell me to make sure by baby gets here safely but it is soooooooo annoying and means yet more appointments and a change in consultants too. Am feeling thoroughly :scream: right now but am sure positive attitude will resume once I've got my head around it.

So, for now this is the closest I can get to chocolate!!! :chocs:

Saturday, October 12th 2013, 7:56pm

Oh sunflowerliz sorry to hear that you having a bad time :( Good of your DH that he will follow your diet. Hopefully it will go back to normal after you had the baby xfingers
Klaudia

Reg: Oct 5th 2013

Children: one daughter

Sunday, October 13th 2013, 12:46pm

Take care... :) sunflowerliz, everything is gonna be alright, don't worry...
Mum of 1. Took 6 years to conceive. Vietnamese and live in London.

Wednesday, October 16th 2013, 3:37pm

Oh sunflowerLiz that's so naff, poor you. How have you found the 'diet' so far? Your husband is so lovely for agreeing to do it too. A friend of mine had GD but I'm pleased to say it went after the baby was born, I know you'd rather not have it at all but hopefully it's just for a little while. I appreciate it's really boring though, the occasional guilt free sweet treat is part of the plus side of being pregnant!

Inik I'm sorry to hear about your hair, I'd be upset about that also - are you on good supplements now? I hope it gets better straight away for you.

As for me - Apparently the baby is engaged now, so even though I know it won't come just yet I'm going to try and get my bag packed this week just in case. I've also just ordered my strep b test (http://www.gbss.org.uk/test) as our midwife unit don't do them and it should be done between 35-37 weeks, which is the back end of next week for me. Is anyone else going to do a strep test? It's a shame our clinic don't do them but it's not that expensive so I don't mind too much.

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling better. xxxx

Thursday, October 17th 2013, 11:52am

Hi Ladies

Splodgeface- I didnt had the strep b test with my DS and dont think I will have it now- to be honest never heard of it before.. Packing your baby bag :party: it feels like the babas are almost here :)
I went to hospital yesterday as dont feel great- lots of pain in my belly and feeling sick but they think its just bad indigestion and trapped wind. But I could hear my baba again and they done all the checks so that was good. There was lady in there 32 weeks + and her water broke- she was in labour - it makes me think that I should get my hospital bag ready too!!
Still two months to go but it feels like the time is flying by now

Sunflowerliz- hope you doing ok with your diet xx
Klaudia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Oct 17th 2013, 11:53am)

United Kingdom

Friday, October 18th 2013, 8:25am

Hello!

Wow, splodgeface, hearing that the head is engaged must have been scary but also very exciting. You really haven't got long to go now!!! Are you planning to deliver in hospital or a birthing centre? Is your nursery finished yet?

Inik - how's your hair hun? Have you had to get it cut? At least it will grow back if you do but can imagine how upsetting it could be :hugs: So glad to hear that everything was ok when you went to get checked the other day. Is certainly always reassuring to hear the baby and always best to get checked of ever you are worried.

Thanks ladies for your kind messages of support. Been on the diabetic diet for a week now but still getting some high blood sugar readings. Is really hard figuring out the right balance of what sorts of foods to eat whilst still getting enough calories and not feeling hungry. Went in to our hospital's Day Assessment Unit on Weds afternoon as had had the high sugars and also felt I was getting a lot less movement and less strong kicks. They strapped me up to the monitor for an hour but pleased to say everything was fine. Movements much stronger and more frequent yesterday so think it was just having a quiet day. Have to see a diabetic nurse next weds to discuss how it's going. Have been warned though that it is looking quite likely I'll have to go on medication to control sugar levels and have also been warned that that would mean an automatic induction at 38 weeks!! I know that's only 2 weeks earlier but feels to make it seem incredibly soon!!!! ohthedrama

Feel like we've got so much to do yet!!! The baby's room is coming on though. Is now all stripped back ready for plasterer to come next week then DH and his dad will paint it. Had delivery of cot, changer and car seat this week. Need to do trip to IKEA for a couple of other bits of furniture then my parents are going to help DH assemble it all. Getting there slowly!! Am off to hobbycraft today as have seen something on line I want to make for the door. If it works well I'll post a picture!

Hope you all have a great weekend
:xxx:

Friday, October 18th 2013, 12:06pm

Sunflower- we been to the assesment unit same day :) Glad to hear the baby is ok. Hopefully your sugar will behave and you want be needing the medication... If you going to be induced at 38 weeks then you will be having DD very close to mine (21 Dec) :)
I bet you are well excited about all the baby stuff arriving at your door- it makes it all more real isnt it. Look like we all feeling crafty now :happy: I keep doing stuff for the children room and love it. Doing a bunting with little felt hearts now- im in Hobbycraft every other day now lol
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Friday, October 18th 2013, 1:36pm

Hobbycraft is a very dangerous place. I could spend a fortune in there!!!! Too many pretty things : D
My mother-in-law is already making some bunting for the baby's room otherwise I would have made some of that too.
Yeah we could end up very close as to when we have our babies Inik!

Saturday, October 19th 2013, 8:22am

Sunflowerliz- look at those!
Flickr: heartfelthandmade's Photostream just to keep you busy :)
Klaudia

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "inik29" (Oct 19th 2013, 8:23am)

Saturday, October 19th 2013, 9:38am

thats something I made last night
inik29 has attached the following file:
  • IMGP9972.JPG (76.61 kB - 1 times downloaded - latest: Oct 19th 2013, 11:04am)
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 19th 2013, 11:12am

You are very creative Inik!! Love that website. Have forwarded the link to my mother-in-law. She makes loads of little felt decorations like that. I've suggested she could make something similar once baby's name is revealed :)
Also, really like your wall decoration for DS, and fab idea with the baskets on the wall. Just going to start on my door decoration. Hope it turns out as good as it looks in my head!!!

Saturday, October 19th 2013, 11:29am

Thanks, its soooo adictive! Enjoy your decorating - waiting for a pics ;)
Klaudia

Friday, October 25th 2013, 2:18pm

Hi Ladies
Very quiet here again, you probably busy with all your xmas shopping already :)
Sunflowerliz- how is the decorating going ?:)
Im not feeling to great lately. very heavy and just feeling like a big round ball :) Having lots of braxton hicks and cant walk to much as the belly seems to be stretching my skin a lot and its just uncomfortable.. Also LO is not moving as much as before- probably she hasnt got too much space now to jump around... going to see my midwife today so will mention that.
Oh and a lot of period like pains in last few days... I hope she is not planning premature arrival :mmmmmm

Got so much to do still.. cant finish the nursery untill end of November as at the moment it doubbles as guest room and I have my nephew coming for 2 weeks on the 6th.. so untill he's gone cant really do much in there... not the best timing for a visit but hey thats family for you [zx002]
Hope you all doing ok
big hugs xx
Klaudia

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "inik29" (Oct 25th 2013, 2:20pm)

United Kingdom

Friday, October 25th 2013, 5:09pm

Hello!

Ha, Inik, not even thought about Christmas shopping yet but probably should so am all prepared!!
Ooh, sounds like you are getting into the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy. I don't think I've had any Braxton hicks yet but certainly kicks are becoming more painful and sometimes baby is really up in my ribs. What did your midwife say about the movements?

We've just got home from a massive shopping trip in Bristol. Really pleased with everything we've managed to get. Got last bits of big furniture items from IKEA, changing mat from John Lewis and then been to Kiddicare for car seat base and buggy. Think we now have all the major items which feels good. Plasterer is skimming the room tomorrow, then it'll be painting, carpet and then assembling all furniture, aiming to be done by end of November!!

Putting my feet up with a cup of tea now. Has been a long day!!

Splodgeface did you have your strep b test? Has never been mentioned to me and have never heard of anyone around where I live having it.

Hope you are all well
xxx

Friday, October 25th 2013, 5:42pm

Sunflowerliz- Im due 21 dec so im trying to do all my xmas shopping now so can just relax in December :) The midwife said that we should feel at least 10 movments over a day- so thats ok I can def feel her moving more than that. I was also advised to slow down and put my feet up (easier said than done when you have 3 yrs old in the house :) )
My DS was always kicking me in the ribs- this one is lower and aiming the other way- my bladder must me all bruised by now :)
Did you get all the clothes for baba yet? Or will you wait till your nursery is ready so you have space to put them.
I packed my hospital bad and will get my hubby to bring all the baby stuff (moses basket, pram etc) from the loft tonight so i can wash them and get them ready over this wekend. Getting closer and closer now :)
Klaudia

Monday, October 28th 2013, 2:47pm

Hi everyone,

I know what you mean about slowing down, I'm feeling less inclined to do big trips etc. I went to watch the rugby over the weekend which was, well cold, and I ended up feeling terrible afterwards, my legs cramped up something rotten.

I'm still trying to keep active though, if anything I'm hoping it will help bring the baby on time! I'm starting to look forward to the baby actually being born now, not the labour part obviously, but I'm not sleeping well and I've a few other minor complaints that are make me uncomfortable. As long as he/she arrives safely though eh?

We had a tour of the hospital recently which was really good, the team there were really friendly and it looks like it's a nice ward. Plus trying to find everything is one less thing to worry about come d-day.

Sunflower - I've got the test sticks through and I'm going to send it off this week. I actually heard about it through a campaign, some NHS trusts will do it (you can ask your midwife). I don't think it's very common but the test was only £35 so I thought why not.

I've started with our xmas shopping too - I figured we'd be right in the thick of things come December so I'm trying to be prepared. I even bought some christmas cards and all our birthday cards up until February :O. Next up I'm going to write our 2014 calendar so I remember to actually post them all, that would be so typical of me, to be really prepared and then completely forget and everything arrives late anyway.

It's lovely you can decorate a nursery :), we're still in rented after a relocation so didn't see the point, although I guess it's been one less thing for us to have to do - I certainly seem to be finding work for us. I'm pulling things off of shelves and out of drawers left right and centre - I figured we should shove a load of stuff in the garage and get organised sooner rather than later but it's made the place look worse before it gets better. Sure I'll be glad of it when it's done.

Inik, I hope you are able to put your feet up a little more, I appreciate it's very hard though!

I hope everyone is feeling well.

xxxxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Monday, October 28th 2013, 9:39pm

Hi there, dipping my toe in 3rd tri
Very nervous im brewing a big boy, growth scan today had him on biggest centile (would make sense if they would listen to me about being further on than they say!) 3.5lb already!

Being sent for the GTT on Wednesday :(

Hope to catch up with you all soon : D

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 6:15am

Hi everyone!

Welcome to 3rd tri Shirlz : D. Glad you could join us. Hope the glucose test goes ok today. I had to have it 3 weeks ago and unfortunately was told I have gestational diabetes. The test itself is fine. I actually quite liked the taste of the orange flavoured drink I had! Do let us know how you get on.

Spkodgeface - you finished work yet? Can't remember what you said you're doing. Are you planning to move out of your rented place at some point? Decorating is proving to be quite a big job here but enjoying it all the same. Do you think you've got everything you need yet?

How you doing Inik? You're very good for having a guest to stay so close to d-day!

AFM - seem to have figured out diabetic diet. We even managed to have an Indian takeaway last night that didn't send me over the limit after some careful menu choices. Someone at work though had made some delicious looking cakes. So hard to resist!!
Getting massive movements now and have started being right up in my ribs which can be quite painful. Got midwife appointment this afternoon.

Xxx

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 1:38pm

Welcome Shirlz!

Good news on the food front Sunflower, at least you can still have the odd treat :), I'm impressed you can eat curry too. I had one about six weeks ago and was up all night with heartburn!

We're staying in rented for a little longer as we can't face moving again, we've relocated a few times for work over the past few years, so we figured we'd take the opportunity to stop still for a little while longer. Especially as we'd need to move early next year and the baby would only be a month or two old. I'm not sure we can face that yet :).

As for work, I'm finishing officially at the end of the month but I work for myself so I'll probably still need to do the odd bit here and there, it's hard to give it all up when it's your own business. What about you?

I think we've bought pretty much everything we need, I'm just trying to get all those other little jobs out of the way now. It's good to keep busy I think!

xx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 10:39pm

Splodgeface will tomorrow be your last day? Hope you have loads planned to keep you occupied on mat leave and you dont need to do too much with your business

Sunflower i got the origional lucozade which i detest :( then i got the positive call at work :( dreading finger pricks mre than anything (and no sweets/choc/pizza!!!!) how many times a day do u test bloods? well done for managing a curry within limits

going away for a long weekend Tomorrow so cant go to their clinics to start daily tests till next wednesday and been given basic diet advice....... Which is pretty much like the low carb diet i followed to lose weight a few years ago . Wonder what life has in store next! Have had every worry so far except morning sckness and bloomin piles!! And im told thats still to come lol :thumbsup:

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 11:51pm

Sorry you've got GD too Shirlz :thumbdown:

Just wanted to say that the piles aren't a given. I managed to avoid with both pregnancies including twins and I was ginormous :snigger:
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 7:25am

Sorry to hear you have GD diabetes Shirlz :-( it does come as quite a blow and does mean quite a bit of extra effort but at least it should only be temporary. I've found that whilst it does mean avoiding the obvious sugary things (sweets, cakes, chocolate, puddings) it really is all about getting right sort and portion size of carbs. You need to be looking at the carb reading on all packets. For me anything over 30g per 100g probably won't work. The only bread I can have is the seeded granary type and I can have small portions of brown rice, cous cous or new potatoes with skins on. Breakfast cereals are bad (even healthy sounding things like weetabix or muesli) and careful with fruit. Basically have loads of meat and veg and thank heavens a cup of tea is good!!
The hospital gave me my own testing kit so I do it all myself. Started off having to test half an hour before and one hour after every meal, so 6 times a day, with a chart to fill in and keep a strict food diary. Now, because all my pre-meal readings have been good I only have to test after meals. Is very easy to do, you soon get used to it, and I do mine anywhere (e.g work, out and about).
Sorry to ramble on. I am no expert but at least have a few weeks experience so happy yo help if I can!
Xxx

Monday, November 4th 2013, 3:48pm

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd check and see how you're all getting on? I hope those with GD are doing ok and not finding it too much of a pain.

My midwife thinks I may be low on Iron so I'm trying to eat more iron rich foods but other than that I seem to be getting along fine. The baby has dropped down now, it's not quite engaged but heading in the right direction at least! My Strep B test came back negative so that's some good news.

I hope you're all well and able to get some sleep.
xx

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 8:25am

Morning ladies.
Just quick post - want to see how you all doing.
Splodgeface- as from tomorrow you are be fully term yey- any time from now - will be looking out for the Big News :)

Curly- sorry to hear you got bad result, hopefully you will manage it ok.
Sunflower liz- how is the decorating going? :)

AFM- All good, LO is moving a lot and its quite painfull now, lots of braxtons still and getting bigger and bigger by a day. Cant believe 6 weeks left...

Big Hugs
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 10:23pm

Hi all!!

Have had quite a day of it today! Had breastfeeding class (a one off session run by midwives in my area) straight after lunch then had to drive across town to pick up DH to get over to the hospital for no fewer than 3 appointments!! Had 32 week growth scan 1st. All looking good and measuring well. Was quite a quick scan as they were running late and we couldn't get any pictures today. Then we saw the dietitian to discuss how my diet is going with the gestational diabetes. She was pleased with what I have been doing and gave me a few more ideas. Then we had a crazy wait to see the consultant. Appointment at 4.30pm but didn't get seen until 6.20!!!! They could see from my blood sugar readings that the levels are slowly creeping up, despite my hard work with the diet so have decided I need to go on medication to prevent it getting any worse. Was disappointing but not unexpected. This now means I definitely won't go beyond 38 weeks so will have baby here before Christmas!!! That means only 5 and a half weeks left.......arghhhh!!!!!!!!

Inik - we'll be really close together now!! Know what you mean about painful movements but haven't had any Braxton hicks thankfully.

Curly - have you seen diabetic consultant yet?

Splodgeface - so close now!!!!! Hope you are doing ok.

xxx

United Kingdom

Friday, November 8th 2013, 9:13am

Hello again ladies

Just wanted to get your opinion on something. We think we are pretty much decided on names for either a boy or girl but just have one thing that is bothering me about our boys name. Don't really want to give away what it is but the full version of the name rhymes with my oldest nephew's name (my sister's eldest). The shortened version of it that we like doesn't rhyme at all but I know that my parents would call them both by their full names so would have grandchildren's names that rhyme. Do you think that matters? DH doesn't see any problem at all. There are 2 other grandchildren in between these 2 names so at least if my parents were listing their grandchildren they wouldn't be said next to each other. Also, we live at opposite ends of the country so, whilst we are close as a family we don't see each other all that often. Am I over-thinking this????!!!! Will probably be a girl now and it won't matter at all! : D

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Friday, November 8th 2013, 7:59pm

Hi ladies, hope you are all doing well. If any of you would like to add your name to our list of expectant mums please ask:

WHEN ARE YOU DUE?

x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Monday, November 11th 2013, 3:04pm

Hi SunflowerLiz,

Personally I think you'll be fine, I know what you mean, you want the name to be just perfect but I think a little bit of rhyming is ok :).

I can't believe how quickly time is flying by now. I'm pretty sure we've done all of our admin now, so I think we can safely say we're ready (or so we think!) for this baby to arrive now - yikes!

Sending you all lots of good wishes.
x

Monday, November 11th 2013, 8:04pm

Sunflowerliz- I think its ok, its not like they siblings.. I absolutely loved name Lilly but my DS is called Billy so decided that cant be right :) but with cousins or friends i dont think it matter.

Splodgeface- 17 days!!!!!! OMG thats like now! UU cant wait for the good news- you will start us all off on the labourr road lol

AFM- all great here. Keeping busy with my felt decotrations and I am actualy selling them now too- keeps me so busy thought that im amazed where is the time going..
big hugs
Klaudia

Thursday, November 14th 2013, 3:00pm

I know! I can't believe I'm in the 'zone', every time I feel a bit odd or have a twinge I immediately wonder if it's started. I am keen to deliver the baby safely now, after waiting so long, it's hard to keep my nerve but as it happens my hypnobirthing is helping with that. I had a pregnancy massage the other day which was bliss, I wish I could have one every day!

It's great you've got a little business going with your creations too :).

I hope everyone is well.

xx

United Kingdom

Friday, November 15th 2013, 7:21am

Hi all

Thanks for your support about names. Think we will stick with what we've chosen and love :)

Splodgeface I love that you are "in the zone". Makes it sound like you are fired up and ready to go! I can imagine every little twinge would make you think. Are you still managing to sleep? Interesting to hear about the hypnobirthing. I've not really looked into it. The massage sounds heavenly : D

Inik how you doing? Got your bag packed yet? What's the plan for DS when the time comes?

Not heard from Shirlz for a while. Hope you are ok.

AFM, only have 1 week left at work now (3 working days) which seems crazy. All coming round so quickly. Due to the gestational diabetes I now won't go beyond 38 weeks and my midwife this week said in reality they could give me an induction date any time from 37 weeks! Number 1 job today is packing hospital bag!!

Have given DH the job of buying a cute christmas day outfit for the baby. We were in mothercare the other day and the stuff they have is adorable!

A friend helpfully sent me a link on FB yesterday about how a really bad winter with snow starting in December. Hope we can all get to our hospitals ok!!! 8|

We're off to my parents for the weekend and going to an NCT sale with them tomorrow. Hoping for some bargains!

Friday, November 15th 2013, 12:59pm

Hello
splodgeface- massage sound brill. I had it with DS but didnt get round to it this time. 13 days to go...

Sunflowerliz- wow we are very close then! I got a little xmas outfit for my baba in John lewis the other day- just hoping she will make an appearance before the xmas day lol .
My MIL will have my DS when the time comes - shes only 10 min away from us :). I packed my bag last week.. cant believe 5 weeks to go yuppie!
I got a fb page now for my little felt hobby- you welcome to have a look :) its "Handmade felt cuties" :) getting quite lots of orders now :)

Oh its a race now- who will be first in the labour ward lol xxxx
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 16th 2013, 11:14pm

I'm ok sunflowerliz- wasn't doing too well testing my bloods (still struggle with needles which really hurt and I literally ooze blood afterwards lol) and levels were evening out but alas they banged me on metformin anyway as I had a few very high readings (BEFORE diet advice and only a few days testing!!!!) Now the highest has been 6.8 but I've had a lot of 3.somethings before meals.
Have seen the obstetrician diabetic consultant briefly and will now see the diabetic consultant and dietician again in 2weeks time. I miss chocolate and cakes :( but baby or cake........ no contest!!!
Hope you are seeing your consultants and team regularly? What meds did they put you on?

Splodgeface you are so close! Hope you have a short easy labour! Your massage sounds great-I hope to get one on mat leave

Inik glad to hear your hobby/skills are taking off, hope you get lots more orders to keep you busy

I've finally had a good week (apart from GD and new drugs) we have done so much to the house and baby room. We were both off and havnt stopped! :thumbsup: feeling positive for a change

Dreading the snow as I'm clumsy at the best of times and usually end up on my backside. Plus I need to 'winter-ise' my flat tomorrow (lag pipes/loft and drain system) as it iunoccupied. So petrified of burst pipes and storms
Seriously considering those snow chains for shoes

Hope you are all having a good weekend

United Kingdom

Monday, November 18th 2013, 9:42pm

Hi Shirlz - good to hear from you! Is frustrating when they put you on the medication so quickly. It's like they expect you to become an instant expert!! I had to wait 4 weeks from my GTT until I saw the dietitian by which time I'd figured the diet out pretty much. I'm on Metformin too. Hopefully that'll be it for me now although I do have a friend with GD who is now on insulin injections. The blood testing doesn't really bother me or hurt, am just getting dry skin on my finger tips.

Sounds like your house is coming on well though. We were away for the weekend and my in-laws finished off painting the nursery. Really grateful but the house really stank of gloss paint when we got back so we slept downstairs on the sofa bed last night!!

Snow chains sound a good idea!! Or just strap some tennis racquets to your feet : D

Got some amazing bargains at the NCT sale on Saturday. Including a 'baby bjorn' sling for £6, a john lewis nursing cushion for £8 and a kiddicare travel cot for £20!!! Was a bit of a scrum though and had to look and think quickly! Really chuffed with what we got though.

Only got 2 more days at work now!!!!!!! Roll on mat leave :thumbsup:

Monday, November 25th 2013, 7:48pm

Splodgeface- are you still there?? 3 days to go?!!!!
Klaudia

United Kingdom

Monday, November 25th 2013, 7:50pm

Have you finished work now sunflower?
Great bargains you have got!

I've had a busy day
I saw diabetic team again -consultant is happy I stay on meds. Blood pressure was 165/95 (150/80 at midwife appointment 30mins later) and I got stars in my vision when they took bloods.

Then had midwife appointment and growth scan. Wee fella has gone from 90th centile to 50th in 4 weeks, and I now have some swelling and 2 ++ protein in my urine so to send off a sample testing for infection and I go in on Wednesday to get blood taken, BP monitored n baby's heartbeat traced. I'm wondering if the symptoms may lead to preeclampsia. So shall head to Google after posting this!

Hope everyone is well and babies are happy
: D

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests