You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 6:53pm

So good to hear from you Rally my brave friend! Just over the moon for you and hubby, and looking forward to hearing all the details and a wee update on your beautiful girlie. There's a very proud little angel smiling down on her lovely family :heart: xxxx

blowkiss

PS I have a few tiny baby clothes (up to 7.5 lb-ish) that K has well outgrown already, let me know if you'd like me to post them over for your toty toot! :)

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Moogle

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 6:56pm

I'm sure we can keep things buzzing for a bit between ourselves

laugh1

I'm sure you will honey! : D

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 8:31pm

RG - I can't tell you how pleased I am to hear that your daughter has arrived safe and well. Can't wait to hear your birth story xx

LOL Bee yes we'll keep things buzzing. My little girl is very active and forever moving around. You watch she'll have a quiet spell now. I think she had a growth spurt yesterday as my belly felt like it was stretching and was very achey.

I'm currently sat on the sofa with my right cheek on a hot water bottle!! It is so sore and I get a shooting pains in it when I move a certain way like going downstairs. Never had sciatica with DS so not sure if it is or not but when I googled sore bum third tri it came up. At the midwife tomorrow so will see what she says. I am taking paracetamol too and decided tonight when I wake in the middle of the night, which I've been doing for ages with the regular loo trips and trying to get comfy, I'm gonna take another paracetamol and hope it helps me sleep better for the latter part of the night as otherwise my hips are so sore I just can't get back to sleep.

Has anyone heard off EE? Hoping her induction has gone OK and she has had a quick labour.

Only 4 working days left for me and then I've finished. Really hoping I get at least a couple of weeks at home (DS will be in nursery) so I can finish off the nesting and get everything ready and then all being well have some relaxation time before the LO arrives. I plan to go swimming and do some light exercise and hopefully it will help ease my aching hips. Walking is OK but I can't walk far now without my bump dragging me down and aching me back.

When do you finish Bee? Is DS in nursery and do you plan on keeping him there or will you have both children at home with you every day? I don't think I could cope if I had DS at home with me so glad we can afford to keep him in nursery although we may have to reduce his days as my maternity pay decreases,

xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 3:02am

Omg I have been mega AWOL, and so glad I have managed to get on as I can see the biggest congratulations are in order for west mids, Lisa and rally girl congratulations on the broth of your beautiful babies. Tally I too have lots tiny baby up to 6 lbs stuff if you need, some of which weren't even on billy or Evie.

Hope your all doing well

We are doing fab and getting into the swing of this mummy malarkey, it truly is amazing. Billy and Evie are 6 weeks already which is so hard to believe x x x

Anyhoo that's them just fed off to get some shut eye for couple hours before they are up again x x x

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 9:28am

Hello Nic! Lovely to hear from you and to hear that your Billy and Evie are doing so well. 6 weeks already, amazing! Glad you're getting into the swing of things. I'm sure you are tired too but you'll catch up on that in the end! It's amazing how little sleep we can exist on when there are little bundle(s) of joy to delight us!

Moogle, how's little Kira? And how is Finlay enjoying his little sister?

My little boy loves the ever-growing baby bump and talks to it and says "hiya babba" all the time. He claims it is not going to be a boy baby or a girl baby but a "choo choo babba" which perhaps indicates he hasn't quite grasped the reality yet... Buzzbee, I too have 4 normal days left from today - I work Mondays Tuesdays and Wednesdays so my last day will be next Wed - are you similar? DS has two days per week in nursery and will finish that next week when I stop work. I wish we could continue as he loves it and two days per week seems a nice balance with plenty of home time too, but we are too tight on cash to consider carrying on. I'm sure he will adjust quickly to more time at home. We do also have a nanny one day per week while I'm working, to enable me to work a longer day than the nursery allows for. She is amazing and has a very close relationship with DS so we will keep her on for some reduced time - half a day per week or something like that. I am going to try to do some writing work while I'm on leave to cover that cost so it should hopefully work out ok for us. I am keen to keep her support given how ill DH has been and with family not being too near by. She can either take DS out for adventures or help with the baby while I give DS some close time. Or of course she can help me with the laundry/meals! I hope that will work well for us and hope we can manage to afford it!

Still not quite settled with a plan for how things will work around the birth but I have at meat started packing my hospital bag...

Buzzbee, hope midwife gives good advice for your botty pain.

All you new mummies, keep well! Really looking forward to hearing how you are getting on.

Hugs all round. Bee x
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Buzzbee

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 12:28pm

Lovely to hear from you Nic. Life sounds hectic but lovely. Can't believe they're 6 weeks already xx

Bee - MW appointment went OK thanks. She thinks it probably is sciatica but there is nothing I can do other than gentle exercise, massage and grin and bear it! Plan to do lots of swimming if I can.

I work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesdays off break the week up nicely for me :) So in tomorrow and Friday and then again Monday and Tuesday and then I'm done!! Can't wait. Just gutted this about this painful bum as hoping it doesn't stop me nesting. I need to wash all the LO's clothes and want them ready in the drawers, get my hospital bag ready, double check I have everything I need and if not go shopping, and do some chores on the house and have a bit of a clear out / good tidy up in some parts. I will feel better once all this is done.

When I was chatting to the MW I mentioned about me wanting to avoid being induced if I go overdue and would prefer a section so I am seeing the consultant in a couple of weeks to discuss my concerns. Hopefully she will come naturally and it will be a normal labour but if I do go 2 weeks over I really don't want to be induced. Will see what they say anyway.

Your nanny sounds fab. DH's mum has offered her help so I will no doubt take her up on it as she lives down the road. With DS I was very clingy to him and didn't really want any help as wanted to do everything myself but I'm sure I will be grateful of the help with having a toddler as well. Plus DH's new job will involve lots of networking events over the next few months so he will be out at least one evening a week so I could do with someone helping me do the bedtime routines, although I think I could manage I know it will be hard work. I really do commend single mums.

How old is your DS Bee? My DS kisses my belly a lot and points and says baby but I know he doesn't fully understand. Sometimes he just randomly comes over to kiss my belly, which melts my heart. I can't wait to see what bond he has with his sister.

So yours is a surprise then, the sex? Any preference or as long as it's healthy? Do you have names? We have gone back to our original choice. We always had a name for a girl but I changed my mind so we picked another but now we have gone back to the original choice. I think we're dead set on it now. In fact I know we are.

Anyway, hope you and everyone else is well.

xxx

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 9:24pm

Just a quick update from me until we're home and I can catch up with you all. We have a gorgeous boy, Rubin James was born this morning at 02:14 weighing 7lbs 6oz, he's just beautiful and content, feeling blessed. I'll post the birth story when we're home xxx

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 9:30pm

Hi ladies nearly everyone in here has had their little ones or so close now ay how exciting!

Buzzbee yeah sounds like when I had sciatica too it's a right pain in the bum ;-) ha ha sorry couldn't resist. I had physio for my sciatica they gave me exercised to do on the gym ball... They did help slightly and I don't blame you for not wanting to be induced!

Nic thank u and wow it's been 6weeks already?!

Bees thats so sweet about your little boy!

Well my little man is doing well.. He is definitely a moany baby though (just like his dad ha ha) he is breastfeeding ALL the time it gets real tiring in the day but midwife said its all normal in the beginning and it will settle! He sleeps pretty good on the night only wakes up 2-3 times on a good night and prob about 4-5 on a not so good night. Just waiting for a letter to come through for him to have an ultrasound scan on his hips as the doc recommended it because if the issue of why I had to be induced (the very low amniotic fluid) apparently it can cause problems with babys hips as they didn't have much room to move inside! Hoping he is ok!

Hi to moogle, Lisa, EE, rally girl, Cherlou and anyone else I may have missed! Xx
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "WESTMIDSGIRL" (Jul 31st 2013, 9:33pm)

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 9:30pm

Awww EE congratulations! X
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Moogle

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 9:50pm

Yay EE :congrats:

A big welcome to your bonny wee boy, what a lovely name too! Hope you're both doing well, so happy for you xxxx

Lovely to hear from you too WMG and Nic - hard to find a minute to post these days isn't it? ;)

Love to all xxxx

BeeS

Ace

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 10:52pm

Hooray hooray and congratulations EE!!! How lovely your little boy has arrives safely. What a cute and unusual name. Hope you have a safe return home soon.

:party:

So many new tiny July bambini!

WMG brilliant to hear from you! My first babe was a booby snacker, forever helping himself, so I understand how tiring it is. Make the most of the relatively good nights and get an afternoon kip if you can! Do hope things turn out ok with your little lad's hips. It must be a worry for you. Hope you are getting all the support and information you need from the medical team. Oh and I hope your DD is excited by her little bro!!?!

Buzzbee, we are having a surprise, yes! We enjoy the mystery... DS is 28 months, just a wee bit older than your no1. My DH is often working in the evenings too and tbh that's the only time of day that I'm apprehensive about with two little ones, as DS likes company as he falls asleep, which some nights can take a while! It's generally peaceful but I'm not sure how it'll work with a tiny baby there too... We shall see! Really glad you can get help from family for those tricky evenings. We will have to compare notes when the time comes! Really glad you're starting mat leave now too - it's good to have time to sort out all those odds and ends. I've got all the sorting and washing yet to do as well...

Love to all and congrats again EE, Rally and Lisa, I'm so proud of you all!

Bee xx
Bee

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Thursday, August 1st 2013, 1:48pm

:party: :weehee:

Congratulations EE on the safe arrival of your son. Love the name. I hope you're all well and look forward to hearing your birth story xx

Lots of July babies eh!! Feels like ages off until Bee and I are due! Even though I feel ready to burst!

WMG - glad you're well. I hope his hips are OK. Best to get it checked out. Well done on sticking with the BF. I really want to BF but all I hear is how difficult it is and I really don't want that pressure, especially with a toddler. I'll give it a go though but won't beat myself up about it if she ends up on formula.

Bee - my DS is like yours, when we put him to bed he still has a bottle, which he half nods off on and then we have to sit next to his bed until he falls asleep. He use to self soothe when he was younger but this year he cries if we leave the room but it only takes about half hour max until he is in dreamland as we ensure he is ready to sleep when we put him to bed and hasn't napped too late in the day. If he has napped late his bedtime is later. Thankfully he is sleeping through more often than not now as we had a spell over Spring where he kept waking but that seems to have passed. Not sure how it will be when DD is here though! Hope she doesn't disturb him in the night. Otherwise I can see DH sleeping in N's room and me in our room with the baby - anything to ensure we all get as much sleep as possible!

Oooh not long left for us now in work!!! Roll on this time next week :thumbsup:

xx

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Thursday, August 1st 2013, 2:13pm

Loving the name EE xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Friday, August 2nd 2013, 11:58am

fantastic news EE, welcome little Rubin :balloons: , cant wait to here your story. I'm struggling to find time and my membership has run out too but will catch up soon, i promise.

blowkiss xxx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Friday, August 2nd 2013, 3:28pm

So in the past 24 hours I have had a shooting pain right up my you know what and I seem to recall WMG saying she had this in Asda - and went into labour not long after??!!!! nailbite I really hope this isn't a sign for me as it's way too early and I still have lots to sort before she arrives LOL!

Hope everyone is well. Still on a high hearing of all the births this past week and hoping you're all well and enjoying precious time with your new babies.

Sciatica feels better today, not as sore when I walk so fingers crossed it will pass soon. It is worse at night though and soon after I wake up. It eases as the day goes on and I'm more mobile.

Have a nice weekend everyone xxxx

Friday, August 2nd 2013, 6:27pm

buzzbee i did have that a couple of days before i.had him but i was induced remember... having said that his head was really low and i was already 1cm dilated when they went to induce me so maybe he would have come soon anyway???!! x

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Saturday, August 3rd 2013, 7:39am

Oh yes so you were, I forgot. Phew! Hopefully not a sign then LOL! I'm starting to panic a bit now that I really should get everything done and ready for her arrival. 5 weeks and counting :)

Hope you're well xx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 3:53pm

Sooo quiet on here now there is just me and Bee!

I've now finished work - woohoo!! Started to get things ready like wash her clothes (I have way too many!), wrote down what to take to hospital for me and baby (but yet to pack), sorted the bottles and teats (even though I plan to BF I don't want to assume it will work plus if I express I'll need bottles!). The cot is set up in her room as is the crib, which will go in our bedroom once I've vaxed the carpet. The crib is gorgeous - a white swinging one. Starting to sink in now as felt quite surreal until I left work on Tuesday.

Hope the new mummies are doing well? EE and RG I'm looking out for your birth stories. Lisa - I posted in your diary. WMG hope your little boy is well.

Bee - so you've finished work too? Yay! Do you have much to sort before LO arrives?

I need to pick up the car seat from my mother in laws as she was using it for her grandaiughter but I now need it back - we're just using the same one that DS had, a M&P one. I need to wash the cover actually. I'm also using the same pram I had for DS - a M&P Sola.

Thankfully the sciatic pain I had has pretty much gone - phew!!! Couldn't have coped with that every day. My hips throb at night still through swapping sides so not getting a great sleep but at least now I can have an hour or so in the day while DS is at nursery. I'm hoping to have at least 3 weeks at home before the LO arrives so she can't come early LOL!

Bye for now xx

BeeS

Ace

Saturday, August 10th 2013, 8:40am

Hellooo Buzzbee and gang

Yes, it's quiet in here now! Lovely to know its because all our lasses have safe arrivals now. I bet there will be some new mamas-to-be popping over from 2nd tri soon to liven it up. And I've finally finishe work now, save for two odd days to work on special projects, so I'll try to buzz in a bit more myself.

So glad your sciatica has calmed, BB -- is it because babe has changed position or is it random, do you think? Sorry about the bad hips. Do you have pillows under your legs? I use a big V pillow and find that really helps, though its not so much pain for me as this weird restless twitching in my legs, punctuated by occasional cramping. Ah, the delights!

I'm also planning to knuckle down to baby preparations this week. Make a special bag and instructions for whoever ends up caring for DS, wash baby clothes and blankets, find somewhere to store clothes ( prob means refreshig and repainting an old chest of drawers), find and clean car seat, find and clean newborn pram inserts... ... It's quite a long list, as all I've done so far is buy a packet of nappies!

But for now we are relaxing at my parents' house for the weekend an off to A Day Out With Thomas today. I not sure who is more insanely excited, me or DS!!!

Hugs all round and I'll pop in again soon xx
Bee

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Monday, August 12th 2013, 7:13pm

Bee - how's the prep going? How was the weekend at your parents? Hope you had a nice relaxing time. Is DH getting better?

Yeah I have pillows in bed - one for under my bump and another between my legs so my feet are hip width apart. I need them otherwise I am so uncomfortable. Not had pain from the sciatic nerve for about a week now which is good, just the usual hip ache through alternating sides during the night. I'm also starting to wake up around 2 or 3am and struggling to get back to sleep - thinking about the birth and how close it is! Thankfully I am off work so can nap in the day but I've been so busy nesting I haven't napped much.

My bags are now ready!! Both mine and baby's. I've washed the pram liner, the car seat cover, as well as all her clothes, blankets and grobags and put them away. Still a few other things to sort but the bulk has been done so a huge relief. I plan to get it all done by the end of next week so as from next week it's just a case of relaxing as much as I can and waiting for her to make an appearance : D

Had a hospital appointment today - her head is 1/5 engaged, which I thought it was as been feeling more pressure down there. I saw the consultant who took on board my fears for being induced and she assured me they would consider a section if I got to 12 days overdue. If she hasn't come naturally by 40 weeks they will do a sweep and she believes that could well get things started. I do hope she comes in her own time and I don't mind if she comes a week or so early, as long as she arrives safely and healthy that's all that matters.

Hope the new mummies are well.

xxx

BeeS

Ace

Wednesday, August 14th 2013, 9:22am

Morning buzzbee and anyone else popping in!

I've got a random day at work today, though I finished up officially last week. Feels a lot more tiring travelling into London this week with a heavier bump but it'll be good to have a day catching up in stuff after a hectic handover last week. I do plan to go back but also have a vague feelin that I might not so want everything to be straight, with no embarrassingly unkempt corners!

Buzzbee, sounds like you had a good hospital appt. glad they responded to your concerns about induction. Did you have a bad experience last time? (Sorry if you've explained before). Great to know, too, that your little lady is part-engaged and getting ready to come out!

My LO is definitely head-down but I don't think s/he is engaged yet, as the feeling of the head in my pelvis still seems to come and go, so I think s/he is still wiggling about a fair bit.

DH is doing ok. He is definitely doing much better with DS, loving having time with him and playing together at home and in the park. That's a huge boost as far as I am concerned as it means some of DS's care can be shared once baby arrives. I think DS is much more likely to feel secure when baby arrives if he can enjoy lots of daddy time when baby is plugged in to a boob or I'm exhausted! I do still have my concerns about DH's health but so at least feel we an survive the time around baby's arrival without falling apart completely...

The question of who looks after DS when I'm in labour is still tricky. We are going to make a rosta of who is available when so that when the moment comes we can do a quick ring around... Risky but it seems the only way! DH suggested bringing DS with us to the hospital if things are happening v quickly but I'd rather the two of them stayed at home if it came to that, as I think it would just be distracting for me to know they are there waiting and DS no doubt wrecking the joint!

Hoping very much that all the new mamas are doing well, recovering strength and enjoying lots of cuddles!

Love to all xx
Bee

BeeS

Ace

Thursday, August 15th 2013, 5:39am

Well, it's 5.30am and I've been awake since 4am... The same thing happened the night before last - I wake up and simply cannot get back to sleep. And of course DS doesn't allow me to have a lie-in to make up... I just had a bowl of cereal and cup of lavender tea, hoping that sends me off until my little wiggly boy wakes up...
Bee

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Thursday, August 15th 2013, 8:01pm

Bee - I'm waking up early too and it's driving me insane. Moreso because of my aching hips but this past week or so I am waking for the loo (every hour) and around 3am I am struggling to get back to sleep (thinking about stuff and the baby) and then by the time I nod back off my little boy wakes up!

Glad to hear DH is a bit better. Yeah I agree, not sure it'd be good taking DS to the hospital. How old is your DS? He is a bit older than mine isn't he? I know if we took N to the hospital it would be a nightmare as he wouldn't sit still and I'd want DH by my side so we have the grandparents on standby. Depending what time and day I go into labour dictates which GP it is. It's likely to be DH's mum but my parents have 2 weeks holiday starting the day after my due date so if I go over then they can come over.

When I first read your post this morning I thought oooh you're going to say you have started with pains LOL! I had some cramping in my belly this morning when driving for about 2 minutes, all along the bottom, then it stopped and then started again a few minutes later and I was like ooooh but then nothing since.

Just watching Long Lost Family on Sky plus. I'm a blubbering wreck LOL! Can't imagine how hard it must've been for women many years ago who were forced to give up their child. It doesn't bare thinking about.

Hope anyone else reading this is well.

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 12:08pm

hi ladies just thought i would pop in and say hi while i have a quick second lol

i know what u mean about the achy hips i get more sleep now with my nearly 5 week old and nearly 6 yr old than i did whilst preggers i dont envy u it is had towards the end and im glad my pregnancy is over now and we have our little boy even if all he does is scream feed and poo constantly all day lmao love him to bits really. still breastfeeding i have expressed a few bottles to get him used to them for when he weans and he took to them really well and no latching problems either! hi to all other new mommies xx

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 1:57pm

Hey WMG, Isla is pretty much the same. She is adorable and we love her more than anything but she is giving us a run for our money at the moment, not sleeping for much more than an hour at a time. Very tired mummy and daddy but feeling so blessed, it's like she's always been with us.

Thinking of you tired pg ladies. I definitely dont miss those achey hips, ouch!!

blowkiss xxx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 20th 2013, 8:02pm

Great to hear from you WMG and RG. Glad to hear all is well despite the lack of sleep. Well done on sticking with the BF, I've heard off so many mums how it is difficult on those first few weeks. I am not sure I will have the patience to stick with it that long, especially with a toddler but I will give it a try.

Has anyone heard off EE? I keep looking out for her birth story - and yours RG. I know you don't have much time now you have a LO.

Well I got some raspberry leaf capsules today. Probably started them late but the lady in H&B said to take 3 in the morning and 3 at night, with meals. Hoping it helps me have a less painful labour - less compared to the labour I had with DS which was awful. I'm reasoning that surely I can't go through another 28 hour labour so feeling optimistic that this one will be quicker xfingers

As I was induced with DS I am feeling a bit nervous about the possibility of going into labour at home. I am hoping she comes early, this week or next, as I am ready for her now. The house is ready and we have everything we need for her. If she isn't here by the 11th I will be having a sweep.

Bee - hope you're OK?

xxx

BeeS

Ace

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 9:00am

Hello all!

Wonderful to hear from RG and WMG! So glad you're getting on well with your tinies! And I hope you get some more sleep soon.

RG have you tried a sling in the daytime? That used to help my LO sleep longer in the day and made it easier for me to do stuff, including rest. Then you can hope the habit of longer stretches pays off at night! I felt it helped us a lot but often these things resolve their own way anyway as LO grows. Lack of sleep is so tough but still a worthwhile sacrifice, isn't it?!

It must be such a joy for you both getting to know your little ones as part of the family!

Buzzbee great to hear how you're doing too. We've not got long now, you and I!

Unlike you, I'm hoping to go to my due date, as I'm not really prepared yet. And luckily feeling well - though heavy! - so I'd prefer to feel a bit more prepared first. But of course I'll be so happy to meet LO any time! And really excited now to find out if its a girl or boy. We'll be terribly stuck for names if it's a girl...

As I say I'm feeling physically pretty well. In fact yesterday DS and I went on a big adventure to France for the day on the Eurostar! It was an office jaunt with my colleagues so there were plenty of hands to help chase after the lad and lift things on and off the train, etc. Such a brilliant day out! I figured it was definitely my last chance for such a trip in the very near future! It was a long day but I feel fine today luckily, save for a lair of very sore feet from all the walking.

DH is away for a few days from today. My parents are coming to help me hold fort in case baby decides to come early! DH will be working but it should still be an enjoyable trip for him so I'm hoping the break helps him to rest and refocus a bit before baby's arrival. Luckily I'm feeling confident he can support me for the birth and be there to meet our baby but obviously the whole lack of sleep thing in the first few weeks is tough in anyone, but even more so someone who's been as poorly and under stress as DH. So I do hope the rest in the next few days is helpful.

Buzzbee sorry you're nervous about the start of labour. Each experience is so different there's only so much you can prepare isn't there! When the time comes at least you can have trust in your body's messages. It's just so hard to imagine it until it all kicks off! I'm sure it'll feel a lot better than induction anyway. Really hope you have an easier experience this time. Big hugs!!!

I've never come across raspberry leaf capsules - last time I had the tea and have some more on order on this week's shopping. Do the capsules do the same but in a more concentrated form?

Hugs all round xxx
Bee

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BeeS" (Aug 22nd 2013, 9:03am)

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 7:53am

hello gorgeous pregnant ladies and bumps. how are you all?
I feel for you buzz bee.. I know how scary it is to be facing your due datein tge face when your haunted by a horrendous previous labour and birth - its not nice! I hope like me everything is so much quicker second time around...u will feel more in control tho I can promise u that and the midwife said to me that 1st, 3rd and 5th births are the difficult ones, 2nd and 4th are quick and easy...so try and get so reassurance from her words.
cannot wait to hear that your little one is here. ..very exciting x

bees hope you continue to enjoy yoyr final weeks sounds like your keeping very active which is great, so much better now its cooler hey!

my little one is settling in great, he is a dream bless him and such a good boy..wmg and rg sorry your little ones are keeping u so very busy day and night, things will settle down and get easier. ..these first few months are by far the hardest.

lots of love to u all x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 12:20am

Soooo my waters have broke this evening but no contractions yet. Hospital sent me home and hope labour starts soon. Otherwise being induced Sunday morning!!! Just experiencing period type cramps at the moment. Now lay in bed wondering when they will start. Nervous but excited!!

BeeS

Ace

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 12:35am

Woooo, buzzbee!!!! Good luck! I'll be thinking of you lots xxxx
Bee

Moogle

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 10:59am

Oooooooohhh Buzzbee! That's me in major stalker mode for the weekend now! This happened to me with Fin: waters broke 5am on the Saturday morning, was booked for induction at 9am on the Sunday but I went into labour naturally at 2am and he arrived 6 hours later : D Hope it all goes smoothly for you hun, she'll be here before you know it (if not already! ;) ) xx

Then just one more little Bee to go and we're all done eh? :) xx

Lovely to hear from Rally, WMG and Lisa, glad you and your gorgeous babies are all settling in. Wee K is doing great, can't believe she'll be 12 weeks on Thursday 8| and she's finally sleeping 7 hours plus most nights - it really does get easier ladies!

Lots of love to all xxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moogle" (Aug 24th 2013, 11:01am)

What's Up?

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 4:23pm

Oh buzzbee it's all happening now : D hope all goes well and can wait to hear your announcement.

It really does get easier ladies my wee one is sleepin between 8-10 hours a night now so makes all the difference xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 6:22pm

Hi girls, thank you for all your well wishes. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since my little one arrived, and today feels like the first day when I can do a 'me' thing, so I decided on checking in on you all. I've posted my birth story in my dairy, I'll go back and copy it he as I see not everyone are members so I think that means maybe diaries aren't accessible?

What a great day to come on too, Buzzbee I'm so excited for you, fingers crossed it all happens naturally for you :hugs:

Heather, my LO is up 3 times in the night so I'm very lucky but cannot wait till he's sleeping through like yours, and advice on promoting this is welcome blowkiss

Moogle, 7 hours is great too, do you have any tips for me? x

Love to Lisa, WMG, Rally and Nic I'll nip into your diaries to find out more on how life is with your LOs x

xxx

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 6:23pm

Here's my story...copied from my dairy which seems a bit cheeky!

We went into hospital on the monday morning at 10:30 for the induction. They were so busy over the weekend and with urgent ladies that we didn't get started until 6:30pm, when they gave me the pessary to soften my cervix. By 11pm I was contracting every 2 minutes and by 1am, my tummy was solid with a permanent contraction but I wasn't dilated at all. They took it out and gave me some diamorphine to try to relax my uterus and slow everything down. I was up all night however and by the time DP came back in at 9am I was still contracting every 2 minutes. This slowed down during the day, but as the labour suite was full we ended up waiting until 6:30pm on the Tuesday to get started again. The suite was lovely so many people had said it was very clinical, but we found it welcoming with dim lighting and music playing. We had great 1 on 1 midwife care from Gill who stayed with us the whole time. She broke my waters at about 9pm then by 11pm the drip made my contractions come about 5 or 6 every 10 minutes, as I was pretty tired after being up for 2 days and the contractions coming so quickly I opted for an epidural. Not so easy as I couldn't keep still so ended up with a spinal first then the anaesthetist set me up for the epidural to use when needed. By 1:30, Rubin's heartbeat was too fast and the consultant though we'd need a Caesarian. It turned out I was fully dilated so forceps brought out little angel out, head first punching his way out like superman. I was cut but his superman act caused a tear too...I was thankful for the spinal!

DP was full of joy and tears, I went into some kind of protective overdrive asking the midwife to check him over making sure everything was ok I just couldn't stop looking at him for the rest of the night and all the next day. We stayed in for another night before going home. Unfortunately I ended up going back in with Rubin 2 days later as I had piercing headaches from my spinal cavity being pierced during the anaesthetic. Extra pain meds and plenty of fluids and we were back home after 3 days. He is just beautiful, I feel blessed and still cannot believe we're been so lucky to have him make us a family. He's so good natured and peaceful all the time. I used the extra time in hospital to learn all about breast feeding and bathing, and it worked a treat. He's quite the little gannet, he was 7lbs 6oz at birth and 8lbs 11oz at 16 days and right now is feeding all the time. My aunt tells me he's just securing his supply, he's certainly doing that I'm leaking though double breast pads and thinking about expressing or at least collecting the milk that leaks out??

Loving being a mummy feeling in awe of my beautiful boy every minute. Here's a pic from day 3 xxx
Easter eggs has attached the following file:
  • image.jpg (124.91 kB - 2 times downloaded - latest: Aug 24th 2013, 7:10pm)

Moogle

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 10:03pm

Aww, your wee man is gorgeous EE, huge congratulations again! : D Thank you for sharing your birth story, sounds like you had quite a time of it, bet you're glad you were numb ;) And such a lovely, happy post - glad Rubin is feeding well. The leakage problem gets less as time goes on... I haven't had any embarrassing incidents since about 6-7 weeks :snigger:

No real tips for getting a good night's sleep I'm afraid - I think with BF babies we just have to go with the flow (I'm still learning this!), but sooner or later they will start to go longer between feeds. K sleeps from 11ish now, wakes for a small feed about 6am, then sleeps on till 8-9am. She has been a lot more settled at night since we started putting her in a baby sleeping bag - worked wonders for F too, but as the summer was so hot I was reluctant to use one for K until the last couple of weeks.

Looking forward to your big announcement Buzzbee ;) bab10

Lxxxx

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 10:32pm

Thanks Moogle. Can I ask when you started using a baby sleeping bag? We've been given 2 that are for 0-6 months. At the moment Rubin is in a Moses basket in our room. I expected to use the sleeping bag when he moved into his room and a cot. What did you do and at what stage? x

Moogle

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 11:07pm

The sleeping bags should have a minimum baby weight on the label somewhere, I think it's usually around 8 pounds. As long as baby's big enough to not slide down into the bag, and the tog rating is suitable for the room temperature I believe they're fine to use in a cot or basket. We used one from 7 weeks with F, and from 10 with K (but may have tried sooner if it hadn't been so hot!). Hope that helps! xxx

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 9:32am

hey ladies looks busy again in here now! oooh buzzbee sooooo excited for u!

moogle omg thats great how long little one sleeps through i didnt think it would be possible with a breastfed baby lol! wow ur little one is 12 weeks already? its going ridiculously quick!

EE aww sounds like u had a horrible time but its so wprth it when they are out isnt it?

as for the leakage thing in the first 2/3 weeks i leaked and squirted everywhere lol!! it has calmed down now but moogle i just wanted to say do u not wake up soaked if little one sleeps through?every night i wake up with everything soaked top half and proper engorged as he hasnt fed for a bit and hes waking up about 3-4 times in the night. i recently found out i have a forceful let down/oversupply of milk so maybe thats why! i have been expressing the milk to get a bit more comfortable aswell.. any tips on any of that from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

well our little Jacob is not so little he has been putting on over a pound a week and he is in 3-6 months clothes at 5 weeks old he is a proper chubby little dude! really cute! EE ur baby is gorgeous and Lisa loving your profile pic!

sorry if i have missed anyone x

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 9:48am

Morning all hope you don't mind me butting in. Buzzbee good luck!

WMG I had an over supply and forceful let down too, made my LO cough and splutter and send milk flying! Would also wake up soaked. It settled down after about three months or so. I went to bf support clinics and they told me to hand express the first bit if milk prior to feeding so I did that into a muslin or glass and then fed as usual. If you express too much off your body makes more though do its a fine balance!

X
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 9:52am

hi net thank u and i had a feeling u may say that (if you express too much u make more) i was expressing with a pump hand expressing doesnt seem to work too well with me or its just im not doing it right lol x

Moogle

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 1:17pm

Lovely to hear from you WMG, your gorgeous boy is a big healthy chappie right enough! 0-3 month clothes are still pretty generous on my wee toot : D

Net's advice sounds great :) I don't really leak much through the night anymore, but I do get quite engorged and uncomfortable (oh the glamour!), so I use a pump to express off a little milk before K's first feed of the day and have been freezing it for later use... for when hopefully she'll start accepting a bottle again xfingers

blowkiss xxx

Net

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 1:50pm

I think a pump would be fine too, I just use my thumbs to push down towards the nipple to hand express with fingers underneath if that makes sense? Takes thirty seconds or so to work. A warm flannel on the breast first also helps. The dignity of bf huh!! Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Monday, August 26th 2013, 5:56pm

So good to hear from you EE. Glad your wee boy is doing so well.

I'm struggling to get on here and write my story just now but hope things will improve soon. Our amazing little girl is not always a happy wee bunny and at times I feel I'm just not coping very well. She is very windy and cries a lot but one saving grace is, we are getting some sleep at night but she is coming into bed with us quite a lot. I know it's one of the cardinal sins to many parents but with me feeling so low and inadequate at times, we've had to do what works for us to get through these tricky weeks. We absolutely wouldn't be without our precious girl but she is certainly testing us just now, I reckon she's just too switched on for her own good.

Sorry this post has been all about me guys, promise I will update when I can and please know I'm thinking of you all. Any news Buzzbee?

Lots of love xxx

Monday, August 26th 2013, 8:22pm

thanks for the advice net and moogle!

awww rallygirl im sure u are doing a super job! i know how u feel though our little one is the same he cries all the time an very clingy too and we have also had him sleeping in the bed too (mainly because in the night i bf him lying down and fall asleep lol but he sleeps quite well when next to me in bed lol) hubby doesnt really do alot with him as he works (i was made redundant whilst preg) and as i breastfeed him i just end up doing everything for him lol i cant beleive how different breast and bottle fed babies are. no one says it but i actually think bottlefed babys are easier! that said im still glad im breast feeding and will continue to do so till i feel any different. anyway hope u cheer up a bit soon big hugs xxx

Net

Monday, August 26th 2013, 9:51pm

Again, I really hope you don't mind me butting in. Rallygirl it's so hard in these first few weeks, you absolutely have to do what gets you through the days. I agonised over my LO coming into bed with us to start with but looking back I realise now it was something we had to do to remain sane! It hasn't 'spoilt' her as my mother kept telling me, she sleeps just fine now in her cot and we've never had too much bother with her sleeping. She was also very windy with a lactose intolerance until about 9 weeks old. We found settling her to sleep on her side or even get tummy with a sensor plate (I know it's against all advice so is of course a very personal choice) was the only thing that worked. It really does get easier, I promise! Do take care xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 11:26am

Oh RG you sound like you are doing a fab job with your new baby. Motherhood can be difficult and stressful and very emotional but I promise that she will settle for you and you will find your own rhythm.

Sounds like she may have colic and that is very stressful on parents but it won't last forever.

Not sure if your bottle or breast but some swear by infacol for getting wind up. That bit definitely gets easier as they grow. Tiredness and hormones have a lot to answer for in how you cope but you've also got mixed emotions I imagine after Evie.

Do ask for help and if you're feeling particularly low do speak to your GP. I was bad for about three weeks after Lily up and down like a yo yo.

Don't beat yourself up about the sleeping in bed thing. You'll sort it out later on when things settle down. I hate when some people say that a little baby is getting spoiled. It's nonsense a little baby isn't selfish some just need more cuddles and reassurance than other babies. A great book I found that helped with the twins was 'The Baby Whisperer'.

Thinking of you xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 12:03pm

Hi

I'm here!! Will be posting a birth story soon and updating my diary but just wanted to say our gorgeous baby girl arrived safe and well on Saturday morning after a pretty short labour - 6 hours from the first proper contraction! My waters broke Friday evening as you know totally unexpectedly and 2 weeks early. Think it was my back waters as it was a big trickle rather than a gush and I kept trickling until the period type cramps kicked in at 2:30am and then it got progressively worse from there.

Will catch up properly on all your posts soon.

xxx

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 3:13pm

Lovely news Buzzbee, look forward to reading your story.

Thanks for the words of encouragement folks, they really mean a lot. Our little lady is gaining lovely amounts of weight which at least is a big relief that my milk is doing it's job, WMG you're so right, this breast feeding malarky is soo tiring but i'm absolutely not ready to quit any time soon.

Lots of love to all. xx

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 7:54pm

Buzzbee fantastic news, congratulations baby3 Looking forward to hearing your story x

Rallygirl, I'm sure you're doing great it's quite normal to feel upset when your LO won't settle. Good to know you're getting some night time sleep. I had Rubin in with us too quite a bit at the start, it was more to do with me giving him night feeds in bed, and falling asleep with him on or beside me if I was giving him a feed lying down. I feel as long as LO is safe and not getting squished then it's fine, babies at this age are too young to be manipulative and there's plenty time to get into a routine later.

Net, lovely to hear from you, don't feel like you're butting in technically we all are :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to the time you're all talking about when the breast feeding settles down and I don't leak through my breast pads newshy and LO doesn't demand feeding one day every 3 hours then every hour the next!

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (27.08.2013)

Net

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 8:08pm

Thanks EE I shall but in again!

Congratulations Buzzbee!

If this helps, I spent the first month hating bf and wanting to stop and now I'm at 6.5 months in and dreading the day I can't bf anymore. It really does get much easier xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests