You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 4:03pm

RG - how exciting that you have your c section booked. Was that sorted at your midwife appointment? I think you are going to remain nervous and anxious until your LO is handed safe into your arms hun. It's only natural. I feel nervous about the birth and everything being OK and I haven't been through what you have. I can't tell you how excited I am for you and I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you that everything will be fine as you thoroughly deserve it after what you have been through. Think you mentioned walking getting tougher. I feel like that now too and I am a few weeks behind you. My back aches and my bump feels like a lead balloon. Even my bump band isn't give much support. Yesterday she was sitting on my lung again and it was so uncomfortable. I actually went to the loo in work (the disabled one) so I could get on all fours and make her move and it was such a relief. I could've stayed there for ages LOL! I'm curvy too - well bum, hips and thighs. I'm a classic pear, small waist but my bum always looks big for my body. If I had a face like J Lo or Beyonce I'd look sexy but sadly I don't LOL!

WMG - my mw told me to have lots of sex in the run up to your due date - something to do with the semen helping soften the cervix (or something like that) and it can also help have a quicker labour - apparently. I've told DH we'll be BD lots in August LOL!

Lisa - glad to hear your nursery is ready. We're making a start on ours in a couple of weeks - new carpet and a lick of paint. Then we need to move the cot from DS's room into it and set up the new bed for DS. I too am uncomfortable at night, my hips throb as the night goes on through alternating sides. My DS doesn't fully understand yet that he will have a sister. He kisses my belly and says baby but that's it. I think he'll be a great big brother, very protective. Hope your LO has turned. LOL I'm putting fake tan on this week too as got a wedding at weekend. Got a navy maternity dress from H&M in the sale. Wearing cream heels but dreading it as I never wear heels anymore, only for nights out and they are rare.

EE - you're putting me to shame with your healthy diet. To be fair I do eat veg and fruit but probably not the 5 a day I should. I always eat brown - so bread, pasta, rice. In fact can't remember the last time I had white pasta. I just have a sweet tooth so after a meal I really fancy chocolate. Not every meal mind. Yep sanding is nesting LOL! When I had DS we got a new kitchen, plastered his room and got new carpet, and got the back yard paved so it's a lovely patio area. I cleaned every day when I started maternity leave so my house was immaculate. Thankfully we don't have as big a jobs to do this time other than the nursery, which was a spare room. I will miss that single bed for the nights DH snores LOL!

Well I have just visited a friend who had a little girl 3 months ago. She is gorgeous and made me feel even more excited about meeting our daughter. I also bought off her a big bag of newborn clothes for £30. Got lots of bodysuits, PJ's, cardies, dresses, all up to 11 pounds so I now have plenty for the first month or so. I will still buy some other new clothes but this has saved me a lot of money, plus in those first few weeks they grow so fast so she'll only be in them a couple of times. I don't think you can have enough bodysuits either what with all the sick and poo LOL!

I also bought off her 6 small Dr Browns bottles for £10 so just need to get new teats. I use Dr Browns for DS. I do hope to breastfeed but certainly won't beat myself up about it if it doesn't work.

Not sure if any of you have an Aldi near you but I highly recommend their nappies over any other brand and they're reasonably priced too. Pampers and Huggies were rubbish for DS and always leaked. You'll probably try a few brands and find the right one, that's what I did, but I would recommend trying the Aldi Mamia ones. My DS wears one for 12 hours at night and it doesn't leak.

Oh and Mothercare are doing 3 for 2 at the moment. I'm just going to have a browse now :)

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 5:31pm

Bb I know but we aren't allowed to have sex our consultant told us at our first appointment (6wks preg) that we couldn't have sex during the whole pregnancy so it's been a while lol but that's not an option for us unfortunately.

Rg how exciting u have an exact date when ur little one will be in your arms. Why do u have to have steroids if u would be that far gone by then? Xx
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Buzzbee

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 7:47pm

I thought after I posted could you BD with your cervix problem. Tbh I have had no energy whatsoever while pregnant and can count on one hand how many times we have since I found out I was pregnant in January LOL! Plus it's a struggle now with a bump. Not sure how we'll manage in August when I'm even bigger :snigger:

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 7:52am

ha ha i remember with my daughter begging my hubby to bd because of being overdue he just did not want to because of bump.in the way ha ha. and we cant because when we lost our first 2babys the cons said i came in with womb infections and he thinks sex may have caused it so.best to just abstain x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 1:36pm

Hey WMG, they're giving me steroids purely as a precaution. I questioned the need for them as i'll be over 37 weeks but my consultant just wants to play it safe.

BB, it was my consultant who booked my c-section. It's good because i've to be in for 8am and i'm first on the list so even if an emergency comes in before me LO should still hopefully be delivered in the morning.

blowkiss xxx

Friday, June 28th 2013, 2:55pm

ahhh i see better to be safe then ay. how exciting in the next few wks most of us will have our little miracles x

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Saturday, June 29th 2013, 10:18pm

Hi girls,

WMG, I hope things are starting to progress for you lovely :winking:

Rallygirl, unless they let me go over we may just be in together! I'm booked in for a sweep on Thursday 25th July, I was told I can decide on the day if I want to get one or not. I'm thinking it's only 3 days before full 40 week term so might as well. Good to hear you're not getting battered as much smile2

Buzzbee, sounds like you got a great deal with your friend, some lovely things I bet. I was in Mothercare today, but I've already bought so many baby grows I really need to stop shopping! There were some really great deals though, did you get anything?

Lisa, how did your midwife appointment go? Are you looking lovely and tanned now too :biggrin: ? x

BeeS, how are you doing? x

AFM, had our last ante natal appointment today, I've really enjoyed them, there was a lovely group of couples there too. Meeting friends for lunch tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to, I don't meet up with my girl friends nearly enough, and love it when I do.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Love to all the 3rd trimesters blowkiss xxx

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Saturday, June 29th 2013, 10:55pm

Just popping in to say hi ladies and hope you and your bumps are all keeping well. There'll be some activity soon in here which is very exciting. It's so exciting and nerve racking waiting to meet your new bundles of joy but well worth the wait : D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Sunday, June 30th 2013, 12:55pm

Hey EE, still here stuck! Lol my pelvis is really hurting me now so really hoping he doesn't go over. I have a consultant appointment on tues anyway so gonna have a chat with him about it then. Hope u are well?

Hi heather, hanging in there lol bet u are loving having your little babba now? Hope u are not losing too much sleep? Lol x

Monday, July 1st 2013, 7:50pm

Hi girls,

Come on baby WMG, your mummy, daddy and big sister want to meet you x

Lovely to see you Heather x

I'm doing fine thanks, we had our last ante natal class on Saturday...still need to write up my birth preferences, although if I'm honest I've been told I'm straight to labour ward so as long as I can walk about as long as possible I'll be happy, then I'll just take it as it comes if I cope great, if I need pain relief (more likely) then that's fine too. I've had a bit of a sore tummy over the last 2 days, I'm thinking it must be something I've eaten, fingers crossed its gone by tomorrow. Otherwise junior has been really active and really prodding me recently! Four more days at work till my maternity leave starts, my boss has been sending me home a couple of hours early every day, up to 3 hours early this week, so I've been on a wind down for a while!

How is everyone doing?

xxx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Monday, July 1st 2013, 8:19pm

Hello everyone

Hope you're all well.

WMG - how's the pelvis pain? Do you reckon it was a show you had last week or just a bit of bleeding from being prodded and it being very tender down there? Hope your appt goes OK tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

EE - Very jealous of you finishing work this week. How nice of your boss to let you finish earlier? I can reduce my days if I wish but of course don't get paid for it so won't be doing as want to keep my salary as it is. When I finish on 6 August I am using some holidays first, plus some bank holidays that will be owed to me, then my maternity leave starts officially just after the bank holiday at the end of August. I am taking year off and adding holidays to the end of it so don't return until September 2014. How long are you having off? Hope the sore tummy settles soon.

Hi Heather - how's life with 3 children? Are the twins loving their little sister? I read your diary and can't believe you're thinking of having a 4th already LOL! DH and I have (currently) agreed we're happy with 2 but you never know!

RG - how are you?

Bee - hope you're well? Have you looked more into a doula or other options? How is DH?

Hi to anyone else I have missed.

AFM - we had a 3d scan today. It was so lovely. She is just beautiful and measuring perfect for 30 weeks. She estimated her at 3 pounds 6 ounces so that's pretty much spot on. She appears to like resting her head on the placenta and keeping her arm in front of her face so we had to try a few times and I had to lie on my side to try and make her move so we could get a clear face shot. On one photo she is smiling :) We got a disc with the scan on as well as another disc with 210 images on! Of course not all are perfectly clear but we got some good ones of her face. She doesn't really look like DS did at his 3d scan, her nose is wider. Be interesting to see how she looks when she is here. DS looked very similar to his scan pictures when he was born although I know some who have had these scans and they look completely different when they're born.

Not much else happening. Hips are killing me at night. I am waking every single hour to change sides as well as nip to the loo. She is continuing to be active so that is reassuring. Her head is down near my pelvis and her legs are on the right side of my belly, which I thought so as it feels firmer on my left side so reckon that's her back.

xx

Monday, July 1st 2013, 9:02pm

EE how exciting leaving work soon and very nice of your boss to let you go early this week!

Buzzbee yes I think It was a bit of both tbh because some of it was like just blood but some was like clots/stringy mucus bitty bits sorry if tmi lol. Also with my daughter I remember I was losing my plug gradually over a space of about 2 weeks before I had her. And your 3d scan sounds exactly like mine was our son decided he liked the placenta as a pillow too and he was smiling on a few too... Can't remember if you saw the pics I posted on here when I had it? I SO know that feeling about the hips and turning over its horrible!

Well, I can feel baby has dropped considerably as I can feel the constant pressure down there and so much more uncomfortable to walk (as if it wasn't uncomfortable enough lol) each time I go on my gym ball now I get off walking like John Wayne lmao well got hosp app tomorrow so hope they have something good to tell me lol can't wait to meet my little man now or not so little shall I say! Someone pointed at me in Asda earlier and said to his son "look son there's about 6 in there" lol lucky I have a sense of humour really! Everyone keeps commenting on how I look like I am going to pop/drop any min it's getting depressing now lol just can't wait to meet him! But as long as he is ok that's the important thing. It's very quiet in here hope everyone is ok??? X

Monday, July 1st 2013, 9:08pm

Oh Buzzbee your scan sounds great, are you able to add any pics here? I'm actually taking 2 weeks holidays before a weeks maternity leave before the due date. Yes I'm very lucky to be able to leave early, the team and my boss are super supportive, I've been really touched. I plan to take the year off too, I'm lucky enough to be able to do that and feel really strong about spending as much time with our LO as possible.

WMG, good luck for your appointment tomorrow. Sounds like your LO has dropped into position, hopefully he'll make an appearance very soon, maybe better still your appintment will recommend bringing him on by a section?

xxx

Cherlou

Superstar

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 4:42am

Hey ladies
So sorry not been popping in more but have been reading and following you all. Pretty crazy my end and rare to have a spare hand to type!!
WMG u r so close now hun, will keep checking in for ur news xxx
EE...u r close too and ur boss sounds amazing! I keep thinking of last year when u were giving me all that advice about treatments and immunes and now look at us! Some journey hey!
Buzzbee the scan sounds lovely. We never had one as with twins it's almost impossible to get good pics but I did kinda went one.

Love to everyone else...Lisa Lou hope ur well xxx

AFM twins r over 3 weeks now and feeding much better. I am expressing and mainly bottle feeding at the mo as much easier to tandem feed. They r both projectile vomiters tho which is v frustrating as I get a feed into them ten they throw the entire lot up in my face/hair etc. it generally means full clothes change for all 3 of us!! They r growing tho and r so lush. They have their challenging times and having 2 is def hard work but so rewarding. They love each other and make my heart melt when they hold hands/suck each others noses etc. they feed every 3 hours and can't wait till they will sleep a little longer at night but thy r not ready for that yet.

As for me...shattered but coping well. Amazing how u adapt. I try to make sure when it's tough I never lose sight of how damn lucky I am to have them here. It really is a dream come true xxxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 9:04am

hi everyone, happy damn Tuesday.
sounds like we are due another baby some day soon! WMG I hope your app goes well and u get tge csec u want...I dont think its unreasonable to have one in your position. im getting scared of labour now, think its coming back to me how painful it is. got to order a tenns machine this week, anyone else using one? it really helped me last time.
buzzbee. so pleased u enjoy ed your scan, very jealous. EEhows the nursery coming along?
afm midwife told me last week that baby is now head down nd dont iknow it! get pain when I walk and bump now feels v heavy and low. people keep saying yhey think he will be early and to be honest I hope they are right as I do struggle at times now.

cherlou so pleased your lo's are doing so well, must be hard work but it will get easier these early months are the hardest.

have a great day all x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 12:42pm

Hello ladies!

Cher nice to hear from you awww how sweet about the twins holding each other and sucking each others noses lol.. Not so sweet about the projectile vomiting but hey can't have it all can we ha ha. Don't blame you for expressing though can imagine it would be real hard to feed them both.

EE no such luck with the c sec! Just come back from appointment and he said that's no reasons for c section and its a major thing etc etc the stuff we all already know, he just said should any complications arise during labour then they may c sec but I haven't got good enough reasons for one :(

Lisalou I know it is terrifying thinking of the upcoming pain! Everyone has been saying same to me but we will see!

Well the doc had a feel of baby today he really struggled to find heartbeat for a good while but wasn't really too worried as could feel him moving. Doc also said "wow his head is really low!" So hopefully that's a good sign. I also mentioned how much pain I'm in with the SPD and he said take paracetamol! Like that's going to help! Lol anyway all in all hoping he gets a move on now as getting so uncomfortable and he is low so fingers crossed x

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 3:07pm

Cherlou I love your update my lovely. You sound like you are getting on brilliantly. If the projectile continues ask the GP for Infamil R milk. It's special formula you get in prescription that works fantastically. One of mine was the same and gaviscon made no difference but that formula was fab and of course bonus is that it's free in prescription!! It is harder to mix but as Lin as you go up a teat size it flows ok. Don't be afraid to ask for it hun.

WMG hope LO shows up soon for you so the pain eases.

Hope everyone else's bumps are keeping well xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 5:26pm

Hi girls,

Cherlou, what a lovely update, life sounds very tiring but wonderful x

WMG, oh poo, and paracetamol, pffftttt! I guess the Dr is right, but a section would have been much easier to bear and you'd know exactly how long you had to wait! Sounds like LO is fully engaged and ready to come meet you, fingers crossed he doesn't keep you waiting too long x

Lisa, sorry to hear you're struggling, sounds like your LO is due to make an appearance any day too, I'll keep everything crossed for you for a quick show and labour :winking:

Nursery is coming along, DP did a great job paining the walls, my brother is coming over tonight to take out the spot lights and put in a standard pendant light and dimmer switch. I just need to paint the woodwork, then carpet down next week :biggrin: we have the cot ready waiting to be built, I think DP is really looking forward to constructing it. Then we just need to buy a chest of drawers and chair for me, probably from IKEA, and we can move in the mountains of stuff we've already accumulated!

It's rain has to stop this is not how I imagined summer with a new baby!

xxx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 8:25pm

EE - we're getting to the stage you're at with the nursery. Next weekend it's being painted and carpeted so I've booked a couple of days off work before it, and DH is off too, so we can have a good clear out beforehand and then I am moving into my parents for the weekend with DS while DH and his mate do the painting and carpeting (well his mate will!). Then once that is done I need to get my dad round (as DH is useless at DIY!) to dismantle the cot in DS's room to then move and set up in the new nursery and then he has to set up a new toddler football bed for DS. You'll love having a year off. It's hard work don't get me wrong but it is such a special time being at home with your LO.

WMG - can't believe your doc is suggesting paracetamol, clearly not being a woman he won't fully understand the pain we have to go through with labour etc! I really hope the labour isn't as bad as you're anticipating and it is quick. How long were you in labour for with your daughter? Mine was 26 hours with DS. It was awful. I am praying for a quicker one this time!

LisaLou - I feel a bit like you already, pressure in the pelvis and it is getting harder walking. So many people are telling me I am bigger with this one. What does a tenns machine do?

Lovely to hear from you Cherlou. So how often are you expressing then? If I am able to BF I want to express too so DH can do some feeds. I just don't want to feel like a milk machine and be breastfeeding one minute then expressing the next, plus it'll be hard with a toddler too.

I'm still on a high from our scan yesterday. If anyone wants to see my pics PM me if you're on FB as I have them on there. I set it to private friends only. This thread is public isn't it so don't really want to post on here.

Got a MW apt next Wednesday at 31 weeks. From how many weeks do you have fortnightly appointments? I feel like I have hardly seen anyone with this pregnancy compared to DS. Because I had GD I had so many more appointments and scans.

xx

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 8:57pm

Buzzbee 14 hours of active labour never counted from the earlier contractions. I stopped dilating at 5cm tho and had to be put on them horrible drips that make u contract more. And I know yeah hubby keeps saying to me oh it's only a bit of pain! If only they knew! Doc did say second babys tend to be better births so I hope he's right! And I have hardly seen midwife at all with this one sure I saw her every wk towards the end. Haven't even got a birth plan midwife said no point when it's ur second as u know what u want??!! Lol

EE I no I'm just dreading labour now I think I have become less tolerant to pain over the yrs so don't think I will do aswell this time lol! Just hope it's a quicker labour! I can't have a nursery for our lil boy as still in 2 bed house at min so going to have to start looking to move to a 3 bed soon how fun will that be!! Lol xx

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 12:21am

So exciting checking out your tickers ladies, babies will be here before you know it! ;) Keeping a close eye on you WMG :) and I do hope you've an easier labour this time xx

Buzzbee, I am bf-ing, expressing and attempting to entertain a 3-year-old and can honestly say it is bloody hard work! But am still going nearly 4 weeks in, and I have no patience, so am sure you'll manage fine. I'm just aiming to bf till K is 3-4 months as I really don't think we'll manage the full 6 months. Glad your scan went well btw, sounds amazing :) xx

So nice to hear you and the twins are doing well Cherlou xx

Lots of love to all plus bumps, looking forward to all the good news!

blowkiss

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 4:41pm

Hey Ladies

Lots going on in here. I've been having tea with the Queen and DH is off all week so not been posting much. All is ticking along, 4 weeks today!!!

Will post properly tomorrow. Got a wee check up with my GP in the morning so will hopefully get online after that.

Love to you all.

blowkiss xxx

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 8:13pm

Hi girls,

Rallygirl, tea with the queen how random and what fun! I'm guessing the cakes were good! x

Buzzbee, 26 hours OMG! I don't think I could stand that! I've and mixed clinic and midwife appointments so I'm really not sure when they move to fortnightly...I think maybe at week 34 for me :mmmmmm

WMG, I'm sure this labour will be very different, it is true everyone says it's easier the 2nd time, I'm sure it will be for you too. A couple of my friends didn't have nurseries for their LOs, as they had the baby with them for the first 6 months out didn't make a difference.

Hi Lisa, how are you doing lovely? x

I've been painting the woodwork this evening, needs another couple of coats, but good to get it started. Two more days at work, yippee!

xxx

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 11:48am

Morning Ladies

EE, we were at the Royal Garden Party at Holyrood on Tuesday. I couldn't remember if i'd mentioned it on here or not. It poured with rain :windy: the whole time and was pretty miserable but we saw Queeny and she was smiling away and the tea and cakes were amazing so, not a complete disaster.

WMG, really hoping you get a very different birth experience this time round. I was in labout for 15 hours with Evie then ended up needing a c-section as she was stuck. You just never know how it's going to go, i guess that is the nature of childbirth. :)

Hi Buzzbee, i think from about 34/35 weeks you'll see someone fortnightly at least. I expect different hospitals/midwives have different procedures and protocols. You are obviously lower risk this time round so they're just letting you get on with it and grow your LO nicely.

Not too long for you now Lisa, It's pretty uncomfy carrying a big heavy bump around isn't it?

Hi to Moogle, Heather and Cher, thanks for popping in. And hi to everyone else i've not mentioned, hope you're all blooming and bumps are growing nicely.

AFM - had a busy week. We were at Royal Garden Party in Edinburgh on Tuesday. As i said above, it rained the whole time but i was so desperate to see the Queen i didn't care if i got soaked. She looked amazing and seemed so happy (probably thinking what loons we all were standing getting soaked just for a wee peek at her.) We stayed overnight in Edinburgh as that's my hometown where my folks still live and met up with more family yesterday. Then had doc app this morning. Baby doing great but i've had a wee bit of discharge which has been niggling me so doc took a swab which i was hoping she'd do. She thinks it's all normal but was happy to send it off to put my mind at ease. Got an american-themed dinner tonight which i'm really looking forward to. I know i'll stuff myself :licklips: and end up going to bed all uncomfortable but i dont care, i know the food will be ace!! Probably going to have a lazy afternoon in preparation for the feast later.

Take care everyone. blowkiss xxx

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 5:36pm

Thanks moonless nice to see u popping back in! Hope u and Kira are doing well? How is your little boy finding being a big bro?

Rally girl ooh get u tea with the queen ay?! Lol and I just have a horrible feeling that may happen with this not so little one lol. I've been having discharge throughout pregnancy aswell was always paranoid but every time they tested they said it was all ok lol.

EE Defo sounds like nesting to me! Lol

Starting to feel like a freakshow now as wherever I go people are pointing to me talking. A lady was even drivin past me earlier and had to look twice at me out her car lol. Also had yet another lady at my daughters school ask if I was having twins! Jeez paranoid isn't the word now lol! I know my bump is quite big but it's not like out of this world different I've seen bigger lol x

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 7:32pm

Evening ladies, so sorry just not had a proper chance to get on here

Well it has been all go for us, I ended up back in hospital but all is good now, we all got home together last Friday and its just been amazing, all go, but amazing, I think we are getting into a routine for now anyway x

Hope your all well, will try and catch up ASAP x x x

Cherlou how you getting on with your little ones x

Friday, July 5th 2013, 10:45am

Bless you WMG, that is enough to make any mum-to-be paranoid. You certainly didn't look that big in any of your pics on here. I think some folk should be a little more sensitive to pg ladies dont you? I'd never go up to a woman and say "God you're huge" but i know some pg ladies who have had folk say that to them!! Pretty rude if you ask me!! :thumbdown:

Good to hear you are all doing great Nic. Look forward to a wee update as soon as you have a spare moment. I imagine they are probably few and far between just now.

Morning to everyone. Have a fab weekend.

blowkiss xxx

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Friday, July 5th 2013, 12:21pm

Good morning folks

Sorry not to have been contributing to the chat much lately - I've popped in to catch up a couple of times and even wrote a massive long reply the other day, which my phone unkindly erased for me before I could post it!

CHERLOU, congratulations!!! How brilliant you have your little twins safely delivered. I am sure it is really hard work and tiring for you right now but it sounds like you are really enjoying it too. And congratulations too to NIC! Hope you are well and enjoying your new tiny one. Hope you and all the other new mums - Moogle, hello! - are able to enjoy some of this lovely sunshine and fresh air. I think those things are one of the best cures for post-natal exhaustion!

WMG, hope you're doing OK with the SPD? Does it get more painful as bump grows? How awful to feel stared at!! Honestly, you'd think these people had never seen a pregnant lady before. My bump is pretty average and I'm just 31 wks but I've still had comments - "that baby must be due any day", etc. - and I just don't understand where they come from! It especially happens if I am carrying DS on my hip as that makes me curve my back and my bump sticks out a bit. Then I suppose it does look pretty enormous, but STILL!!

Hey, Rallygirl, you are always living it up! I know two other people who were at the same garden party! Sounds like a blast. (I'm especially envious of the cake).

Hello Buzzbee, Easter Eggs, and anyone else I've forgotten!

Re chat about labour I am definitely hoping for a shorter one this time but not really sure where to count from to say how long my last one was. I know I had virtually no sleep on the Sunday night due to painful contractions and DS arrived at 4am on the Tuesday morning. That's quite long! The worst bit was being at second stage for 4 and a half hours before DS was finally pushed and pulled out with the help of forceps! That was pretty awful and I know DH was quite anxious at the time. But the earlier parts of labour, with the help of paracetamol and gas and air (yummy!) I actually quite enjoyed if that's not too weird to say. Still, I'd much rather it was all over a LOT more quickly this time...

Things continue to be a bit tough with DH. He is very up and down. He's doing better at playing with and looking after our little boy and he's getting lots of work done (he's self-employed) but he is still feeling very bad inside. I am feeling a bit more supported which helps my own feelings. I've become better at asking for help from friends and telling them how things are, and they have been very loving about it, which definitely helps. I'm really praying hard now that things can improve in the next few weeks!!! I really want to be able to enjoy this time instead of worrying... I am not a big worrier generally, but current circumstances mean I can't avoid it.

I saw the midwife yesterday, at 31 weeks. Everything seems fine except I had sugar in my urine for the second time so they are taking bloods to get a more accurate picture. I know raised sugar levels can be stress-related, so I am not too surprised! But not really worried for now, though. Just glad they are checking up on these things. Has everyone else arranged a whooping cough jab? I keep forgetting to call my GP to try to set this up.

Sending love and hugs to all, inc bumps and babas

Bee x
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Friday, July 5th 2013, 11:23pm

Rally girl yeah it didn't bother me at first but now making me paranoid for some reason lol. Almost everyday my daughters teachers are coming up to me touching my bump sayin the old "you still here?" Or "you not popped yet" why do people say those comments it's quite obvious you haven't popped yet ha ha. U know they mean well but it does begin to get on your nerves after a bit lol. I feel mahoosive lol but since he's dropped it doesn't look SO big! To. Me anyway but as I said people keep asking if I'm having twins etc.

Hey nic! Hope you and twins are doing well?!

Hey bees, yes the SPD has DEFO got worse... In the mornings I have to turn over prob every 15 or so minutes just to ease the pain a bit and between that and limping to the toilet I don't really get much sleep but hey at least it won't be much of a shock waking up all the time with a newborn lol! And the labour thing... Omg forceps are one of my worst nightmares I'm so scared I'm going to end up with those! Did u get an Epidural before they used them? As for gas and air I don't think it helps with pain think it just makes u feel off your face lol and gives u a very sore throat! Is the sugar in urine an indicator for gd?

Hope everyone else is all well?? Should be some more baby news soon hopefully!!! Xx

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 11:33am

just thought i would share with u all that im feeling fed up now lol. Thought i would be having my little man today! started getting tightenings yesterday morning and had them throughout the day and night some were slightly painful and they got to the point where they were every ten mins. tried to sleep and took me a good while to actually get to sleep what with the pain, the heat an my daughter keep coming in our room to tell us she couldnt sleep either lol. anyway had a few throughout the night but bit less regular and now today im still getting them but quite a bit less regular. my bump really dropped even more yesterday and i can feel a right pain in my bum LITERALLY lol feeling loadsa pressure there but nothing really seems to be happening :-( think my body is just winding me up lol x

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 12:40pm

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing and to wish you all well for your up and coming deliveries! So exciting!

A is doing well - he was 7llb at the last weigh in and is 4 weeks tomorrow. Amazing considering he was 5llb 11oz 3 and half weeks ago! BF is going really well, but he's another projectile vomiter! It doesn't seem to bother him, but just means regular clothes changes for us both! He's up a lot at night cluster feeding, so we are pretty knackered, but counting our blessings and very happy. Xxx

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 4:33pm

Hang in there WMG. I know what it's like when you're so close to the end but nothing seems to be happening. This LO is really testing your patience just now. I'm getting mega tightenings all through the day but there's no pattern to them and no pain at all, not to mention the fact i'm only 34 weeks so still a wee bit early yet. Sending :hugs:

Lovely to hear from you AG, glad your wee man is doing well and putting on a lovely amount of weight.

Hope the sugar in your urine is nothing serious Bee, as you said, it could well be stress related, I really hope you can try and reduce it a little soon. Sounds like your DH is picking up a little but unfortunately (as i was told after losing Evie) there is no time limit on how long people grieve but i totally see how worried you must be at not having his full support with the imminent arrival of your LO. I'm sure as soon as he sees your new baby's face, he will be able to pick himself right up and be a fantastic daddy/hubby when you need him most.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine :cheeers: :bbq: We're hoping it stays like this till after our LO arrives as i'm keen to get out walking with pram as soon as possible. We also have our big summer ball on Friday so would be lovely to have a nice warm evening. We have a couple of fairground rides outside, i obviously wont be going on them but it'll be nice for everyone who does go on them.

Lots of love

blowkiss xxx

Monday, July 8th 2013, 9:04am

Hi girls,

Rallygirl, I'm glad you enjoyed the garden party, even if the weather wasn't great on the day, it must have been quite glamorous. I'm praying for this weather to continue too, it's been so lovely to sit in the garden with out the North Sea wind making me dress like it's January! I even think I managed to get a couple of new freckles!

WMG, oh sounds like your LO just likes it where he is! The pain must be really tough on you, I hope he makes an appearance soon.

AG, great to hear from you, cluster feeding sounds knackering...I've already got people saying to me that I shouldn't let breastfeeding take over my whole routine and that I'm in charge...I really am going to have to be strong at filtering out bad advice x

BeeS, I'm sorry to hear your DH is still suffering, these things always take time but it does sound like he's starting to come out of it. Maybe work is his way of distracting himself. The upsetting thing is that really nothing heals better than time, it's such a cliche I know, but true. There are a few weeks left before your new bundle arrives, I'm sure that's perfect timing for his cloud to lift and a new happy chapter to start :hugs:

AFM I finished work on Friday :weehee: officially I'm on holiday for 2 weeks before maternity leave starts. They threw a baby shower for me, I was overwhelmed with the gifts they bought me everyone really has been very generous. Spent the weekend gardening and just being in the sunshine. We had a midwife appointment yesterday and a tour of the maternity led unit which is really lovely, their birth pool rooms look great, but as they've told me I'll more than likely go straight to the labour ward I may have been tempted for nothing! That said I'm not confident that I'll get through it without medication so I may be begging for the labour ward :teehee: baby is slightly side on so need to get doing yoga and bouncing on my Swiss ball to make sure s/he is straight.

Love to Buzzbee, Lisa and everyone else.

xxx

Monday, July 8th 2013, 9:38am

hey ladies sorry for the rant just thought we would have him by now but good thing is i have an appointment for next week where if i havent had him by then i will be getting booked in for induction! i really dont want to be induced but good thing is at least we will finally have our little man!

rg oooh get u having all these balls an parties to go to lol.

ee that was very nice of them! and i thought they say best position is for babys body to be to.the left just before labour?? could be wrong just thought that was what i heard.

is everyone enjoying the sun? ahhh its killing me i dont deal too well in ridiculously hot weather but adding a big pregnant belly into the mix is not fun lol hey everyone else! where is lisa? has she had baby do we think? xx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Monday, July 8th 2013, 1:20pm

Hello lovely ladies

How is everyone coping with the heat? I am not enjoying it I must admit. LO appears to like resting on my lungs so feel out of breath and coupled with the heat I feel quite weak, and of course I have a toddler who is very demanding LOL! Trying not to complain though as we rarely get sunshine. Forecast to be hot all week apparently!

EE - LOL at you getting freckles. I go freckly too, get them on my nose and have them on my arms from when I burnt in Tunisia when I was very young. I never go brown either so just opt for tanning cream now I'm older. Very jealous of you finishing work. I finish 4 weeks tomorrow. Do you fancy a water birth? I wanted one with DS but needed something stronger than gas and air so that went out of the window. I did however find sitting in the bath very soothing in the very first stages of labour so would highly recommend that if you're at home and the hospital are telling you not to come in yet. I'm not sure if water would've helped in the later stages though.

WMG - aw bless you, you sound really fed up. Not surprising with the pain. I hope your little man makes an appearance very soon. I'm like you with the sun. Not really enjoying it with being pregnant. I was so hot in bed last night, despite no clothes and covers! Plus with the aching hips I didn't have the best nights sleep. Why do they tell us we can't sleep on our backs now? I had a forcep delivery with DS and was given a spinal block as they had tried to give me an epidural but it only worked on one side - I kept contracting and moving as they were trying to get the needle in my back so the doctor gave up as of course it's dangerous and they need to position it correctly. I was so grateful for the spinal block - complete numbness from the breast down, it was heaven! I did have elephant legs though for a few days afterwards though. I'm with you, gas and air is rubbish!

RG - you have a busy social calendar don't you? How many weeks now till the big day? I wish I had a date to look forward to and would prefer a c section if I'm honest as I am scared of the labour pain. I am such a wimp! I didn't have a great recovery with DS and downstairs will never be the same again after a lengthy labour which resulted in forceps :-( so I can't image recovery from a c-section being much worse. I am looking forward to going walking to when the LO arrives, just to try and shift some of the weight but I haven't put on loads despite my bump being huge. Up to now I have put on 1.5 stone, which isn't too bad although I know these latter weeks is when the baby piles on weight so I may go up quite a bit more yet!

Nic - glad to hear you're doing well. And AG too xx

Bee - nice to put a face to a name :) Have you had your results back yet? You reminded me to ring my GP to book a whooping cough jab so booked in on Thursday. I am seeing the midwife on Wednesday but knew I would forget to ask unless she mentioned it so just booked it anyway. Sounds like your DH is starting to feel a bit better. As the others have said it takes time.

Moogle - nice to put a face to name for you too :)

Hi to anyone else, Lisa - as WMG was saying hope you're OK?

AFM - not much else happening other than struggling with the heat. Got a midwife appointment on Wednesday and whooping jab on Thursday. This weekend is project nursery so got a busy week planned of clearing stuff out in preparation for that. I'm off work from Wednesday and DH is off too.

For those with hospital bags ready - what have you packed? I have forgotten most of it since DS was born LOL! I was thinking can we put a nappy cream on them so young? I can't for the life of me remember if I packed sudocrem for DS and if I actually used anything. I know they say cotton wool and water to clean but was wondering if they needed a barrier cream or to just leave it.

I'm thinking I will need to pack the following but please let me know of anything I have missed:

- Clothes for baby - sleepsuits, vests, mits, hat, cardi, coat (depending on weather) etc, bibs

- Nappies, sacks

- Cotton wool / top tail bowl (assuming hospital don't provide one of those cardboard ones you can get for peeing in!), sudocrem?

- Maternity pads - lots!

- 2 Bottles, cartons of formula in case I struggle to BF

- PJ's / Nightie - pref button up for easier access to breast! Dressing gown

- Slippers, socks

- Toiletries - soap, shower gel, toothbrush etc

- My mobile to take pics!

- Underwear

- Hairbrush / bobbles - a must tying your hair back if you have long hair!

- My Kindle - if I get time to read LOL!

- To pack nearer the time - snack stuff and drinks (water, cordial, crisps, fruit etc) - oh and strawers as easier to drink with as DH was holding a cup for me mid labour pains with DS!

- Clothes for me to come home in

That's all I can think of up to now.

Best go as lunch break almost over!

xx

Monday, July 8th 2013, 7:56pm

Oh WMG, I was kinda hoping that maybe you'd gone into labour since you hadn't been on here for a few days...hopefully not too far away now. It's hot up here but it is Scotland so I don't think we're getting the what you are, fingers crossed LO will make an appearance and you'll be out and about with him and not feeling so fed up :winking:

Buzzbee, I'd love a water birth, it's just never been an option till this point...just need to get LO to come in week 39 so I don't have to be induced! I bought a Swiss ball, and I've been doing rocking exercises and just sitting on it so LO is in the right position and hopefully engaged by then :biggrin: project nursery sounds serious! Good is to get it all done over a few days though. As for my bag, only got a couple of nursing nighties, sanitary towels and disposable knickers :chortle: in mine so far...the hospital is only about 5 mins away for us so I'm sure DP can nip home and get anything else I need. Your list sounds thorough, I hadn't thought about a top n tail bowl or nappy cream though, I might add that in x

AFM I had a massage today was lovely, feeling all knot free. Pedicure booked for later this week, I can't seem to get to my toes too easily and I'm sure I just won't have the time before long!

xxx

Monday, July 8th 2013, 8:46pm

Buzzbee, Yeah you can use nappy cream right away but i'd only put it on if your baby's botty is starting to go a bit red, otherwise i'd leave it. You're right that cotton wool and water are the best thing for new baby's skin when changing nappies but wipes are so much easier and they smell nicer too. I hadn't thought about taking a top and tail bowl in. Think i'll wait and see what the hospital have and send DH home for things we might need.

EE, massage sounds amazing. I had a manicure and pedicure last week for all my posh functions and thankfully they are still going strong. I got those long lasting gel nails which are fab, nothing makes them chip.

Hey WMG, i'm pretty uncomfy too but its so rare to have this kind of heat up here in Scotland i dont want to waste it. Hope your little man makes an appearence before you need to be induced next week.

blowkiss xxx

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 11:44am

Hello all

Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragment re DH, Rallygirl, Easter Eggs and Buzzbee. You are all right that these things take time and cannot be rushed, or their path predicted. Rallygirl, having seen DH's pain at losing each of his parents, I can only imagine how devastating it must be to grieve for your own child. I'm sure you're remembering your Evie a lot right now, as you're waiting to meet your next little one. It's true, for DH, seeing that new little face, someone new to love, will I hope be very healing. Things are improving bit by bit and we just have to call in all the help we can until it all settles down. I still worry about the potential labour/birth stress if I feel DH is not up to it all, but will just have to figure out what feels right a bit closer to the time...

WMG, so sorry you're suffering with pain and sleep and heat. Hang on in there, as your little baba will be with you very soon! Forceps do look and sound scary, don't they, but at the time, my experience of them was not so bad. I was just very grateful for the help, after far too long at second stage! I had an epidural so it didn't hurt and I couldn't see what was going on down there. I also couldn't feel my contractions so they had to tell me when to push - that was weird. The rummaging around down there did leave its mark on me afterwards, I'm afraid to say! But DS came out healthy and unscathed so that's the main thing. Really hope that you - and all of us - have nice safe, straightforward labours this time round.

Buzzbee, I'm no expert but I think the thing about not sleeping on your back is to do with circulation. The main artery runs near the spine and lying on your back can put pressure on it which compromises circulation. They say the best way to lie is on your left side - something to do with the direction the blood flows around your body. I tend to alternate between left and right, though, as I'm not comfortable lying one way all night, especially on these sticky nights.

Oh and I'm so pleased you posted your hospital bag list, Buzzbee, as I can't begin to remember what I put in mine last time. So thanks for sharing! A couple of things I'd add: a CAMERA! And I found a pair of flip flops very useful (instead of slippers). I had quite bad water retention for a good few hours after the birth and the wards can be quite hot so they are handy to have for flip-flopping around the place. They are also handy for using the shower / loos. (The loo in my ward was in a room with a walk-in shower so the floors could get a bit wet sometimes.) For myself, I won't bother with a top and tail bowl or sudocrem. I like Simple wipes as they are so gentle and, unlike some other wipes, they are wet enough to clean very well. I would definitely recommend straws too! I took some little cartons of chocolate milk with strawers, and some of apple juice, and they were great both during labour and afterwards. Blimey, thinking about all this makes it feel very close...

Easter Eggs, you remind me, I have to find and pump up my ball! Last time I borrowed a second one so I could keep it at work - I'd quite like to do that again for my last few weeks, as I'm sure it made a good difference. I loved bouncing around on it while having supposedly serious conversations with colleagues...

I think I must be one of the lucky ones as I'm really enjoying the hot weather! I find it a little more tiring, I suppose, but am just so happy to see the sunshine! That said, I had horrendous back ache and nausea the other day and wondered what was going on and then at some point I remembered that I hadn't done a #2 for a few days... Probably the hot weather contributed, as I don't think I had upped my water intake enough. I've also been eating quite late in the evening - we often eat after DS in bed and he's not been going off until at leats 9pm recently - too excitable with the heat and bright evenings. I don't think eating late is very good for digestion in pregnancy, so I've been trying to change that. And I've been on the old prune juice which has worked wonders too. Anyone else suffered from c*nst*p*tion?!

AG, nice to see you popping in and hearing that your little boy is doing well! Bad luck on the vom. Hope it settles some time soonish.

I hope I haven't forgotten any hellos. REALLY better get back to work now (I'm so naughty writing all this on work time, but I never have any other time for such things at the moment!!! Ooops!)

Bee x x x
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 1:07pm

hello again ladies hope everyone is well?

buzzbee i think it is something to do with vessel at the back an when weight of baby is pressing on it it can make u feel faint. i cant lie on my back anyway whilst preg it highly uncomfortable lol. poor u avin forceps i dont envy u! i had a spinal block when i had my stitch put in with this pregnancy it was great lol.

thanks rg!

bees i can imagine it felt weird! dont most babys get marks on their heads/faces from the forceps.aswell? that would scare me!

just been to see midwife and she said bump is all baby and measured bump and its on 90th centile. think im gonna cry ha ha getting scared of what weight he is going to be now. x

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 8:30pm

OMG I am so warm! Can't cope with this heat and pregnancy. The train journey home was awful, I thought I was going to pass out. I can't cope with hot weather in this country LOL, even when I wasn't pregnant!

Re forceps, my son had an anrgy red mark across his eye for about a day or so and then it completely disappeared.

Bee - good idea re flip flops, my feet and legs swelled up after the spnial block, in fact Im sure I couldn't even wear flip flops when I get home, It took days for the swelling to go down. My mobile has a good camera on it so will be taking that definitely. Not had constipation thankfully. I did in the first trimester but not since. I could do with a birthing ball to sit on at work. I work in an office so sit at a computer for the majority of the day and my cocyx is really starting to ache now. I have to get up every half hour or so to walk around - if I remember! I'm so busy though that 2 hours can pass before I have got up from my desk. I never rated the ball though during labour, due to the pressure in my bum it just hurt more.

RG - yeah I was thinking I wouldn't use cream unless her bum gets red. I think I am going to stick with water and cotton wool though for as long as I can while it's so delicate. My DS has mild eczema and we were advised against wipes although the dermatologist did say if we used any then Tesco are best. Not sure why they are but that's what we buy. I agree wipes are more convenient though. I just hope our DD doesn't get eczema too so will be avoiding wipes and bubble baths for the first few months at least just in case.

Re pedicure and manicures I really want to get mine done and love the gel nails as they do last well. I remember in the run up to DS being born I ensured I was shaven daily and my nails were done and even put on tanning cream, as didn't want to chance being rushed to hospital with hairy legs and looking minging LOL! Not that I cared what I looked like during labour but it was for the photos after. I had no make-up on so needed a bit of colour in my face :snigger:

EE - I could really do with a massage. How did you lie? When I had a massage when I was pregnant with DS in the third trimester I actually hated it because I had to sit up. They didn't have a special chair or anything though so not sure if that would've made it better. DH is very good at giving me a massage and does my back, bump and feet. He rubs the Palmers stuff on my so still stretch mark free currently :thumbsup:

Dreading tonight as forecast to be 19 degrees overnight so the room is going to be boiling despite having windows open. We don't have a fan unfortunately. I slept in the buff last night. DH was well chuft as normally I'm in PJ's LOL! I had a terrible nights sleep, tossing and turning, hips throbbing, hot!!

Anyway, I'm going cos I'm turning into a right whinge bag LOL!

Night all xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Buzzbee" (Jul 9th 2013, 8:33pm)

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 9:18pm

Hi girls,

Buzzbee you're not a whinge bag :teehee: this time I was on my side, with a pillow under my head, so far though I've been on my front up to week 32 maybe...too big now though x

RG, I had gel nails last time they are so lovely and shiny, only problem is my nails always flake off about a week after having them taken off, I think they're just too weak. Thinking about having them on my toes though they're strong enough!

BeeS, not had that problem thankfully. I hope you're keeping well hydrated now especially with this great weather :winking:

Baby WMG, come on little one your mummy want to meet you lurve

AFM, bought a couple of super cheap summer dresses in H&M today, I needed lighter things to wear, too used to being in an air conditioned office all day! I think I'll need to go shopping after LO arrives as I've got loads of work clothes but not much else, and certainly not enough to last me 7 days a week for a year! :teehee:

xxx

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 10:58am

EE, i've hardly got any suitable clothes for this weather but i've left it a bit late now to get anything new as LO will be here in 3 weeks and my shape will change again. Phil has promised me a new winter wardrobe though :thumbsup: which i'm looking forward to but hope to have shifted a few kilos by then!!!

Buzzbee, hope you weren't too uncomfy last night. That's 2 nights in a row now i've got up for a wee and my hair has been damp cos i'm so sweaty and hot. We've only got a duvet cover over us (no duvet in it) but am still boiling. I've been wearing nighties which at least are a bit cooler than pj's. Lucky you being stretch mark free. Mind you. mine aren't too bad, they are just under my belly button and are still white, not turned purple this time so you can hardly see them.
You're definitely wise to steer clear of wipes and bubbles etc if your LO's are prone to eczema but they do make them smell so nice dont they?

Ah, WMG looks like you're going to have a gorgeous bouncing boy there. He may not be as big as they think though. Hopefully you are just days away from meeting him :hugs:

Bee, poor you suffering with constipation. Thankfully i've been ok but every few days my digestive system gets a bit sluggish and i notice i dont go for about 24 hours but it always catches up. I know we're told to try and eat smaller amounts more frequently so that's what i do but still end up eating a bigger meal in the evening and go to bed a bit uncomfy. It's going to be tough at the Ball on Friday as the food will be amazing and i'll want to try everything. There is a whole room which is just ice cream and puddings!!! :weehee: :licklips: Guess where i'll be if Phil loses me at any point???

This week is dragging a bit as i've not got much happening until the Ball on Friday. We will be meeting our LO 3 weeks today though!!!! Our last scan is Monday so hopefully the weekend wont drag too much.

Lots of love to everyone. xxx

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 3:08pm

EE tell me about it! ha ha

rg i really do hope they are wrong as if they are right none of the newborn/first sizes will fit him! my friend bought baby a few vests an they were tiny baby size i didnt have the heart to tell her that no way are they gonna fit him lol its ashame because they are really cute ones. lucky u getting a new wardrobe for winter wish i was lol! hope the weight drops off me at a reasonable rate after having little one although i am planning on breast feeding and my mom said to me when she breast fed my brother the weight just dropped off her. was that the case for anyone else?

well just to add to everything woke up to get my daughter ready for school this morning and low and behold there she has a face full of spots! first thought chicken pox as it is going round the school! took her to docs and doc said she cant be 100% and just to keep an eye if they get worse! i now have to go in tomorrow to have blood taken to see if i am immune to it as i am due next week and baby can be born with chicken pox apparently! just really hoping its just a rash from the heat on her now as this is the last thing we need right now not to mention.hubbys never had chicken pox either! argh why is life never simple lol xx

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 3:26pm

Oh WMG, what a drama! Fingers crossed it's just the heat :hmm: not what you need right now at all. Can you change the baby clothes? Maybe if they're from somewhere with own brands like Next or Mothercare they just might?

Rally, I love your updates, "not much happening till the ball", your life sounds so glamorous :teehee: a whole room of deserts and ice cream, I wish I was coming too! x

I've been much more active today, probably due to the weather being cooler, been for a swim, did not too bad considering I'm carrying 2+ more stone! Looking forward to going to baby aqua classes with junior :biggrin: Baking chocolate banana bread to take to Mum and Dad's house this evening, they're having a family BBQ my brothers and my 2.5 year old niece and 8 month nephew will be there so will be great.

xxx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 7:34pm

EE - mmmmmmm chocolate banana bread sounds delish!! What is the recipe please? My mum made me some banana loaf at weekend and I have been having a slice every day! Naughty I know. So glad it's been cooler today, much more bearable. How have you been able to lie on your front with a bump? I would be raised off the bed if I did that LOL!

RG - yeah I would love DS to have a bubble bath but it isn't good for his skin so instead he has a special bath creme that just makes the water look dirty. I really hope he grows out of the eczema, which the dermatologist seems to think he will. I just hope DD doesn't get it too. Your summer ball sounds great - and a room full of puddings!!! I would so be in there all night. Got to make up for no alcohol haven't we :snigger:

WMG - oh no I hope it is just a heat rash. With chicken pox does the rash appear at the end? Has she been feeling unwell the past few days? I really hope it isn't that anyway. My DS had a red rash on his back last year but our GP said it was a heat rash. So are you being induced next week then? Seem to recall reading that you are or am I imagining it?!!

Had a MW apt this morning and so far so good. Next one is at 34 weeks at the end of July. She said then I have fortnightly appointments but not at the hospital, just at my local surgery with a midwife. It's so different to when I had DS and gestational diabetes. I was at hospital loads in the last tri.

Re clothes for the baby I have bought mostly new baby, which is up to 10 pounds. I didn't want to chance getting up to 7 and a half pounds as I do think she will be more, although I may buy some late August if she hasn't arrived by then just in case as hopefully still OK to return them then if she is over. The thing is you have to wash them all first don't you and I want to have her clothes washed and ready in her room.

Got a busy day tomorrow sorting out upstairs in preperation for the nursery being painted and carpeted. Gonna have a massive clear out of wardrobes and also blitz our room as she will be sleeping with us for the first couple of months or so in a crib. I've got a Vax carpet cleaner so will give our carpet a good clean. In fact I shall be cleaning all the carpets a few times until she has arrived!

We all didn't sleep great last night with the heat. DS woke up at 3am and didn't really sleep much more after that, about 45 mins, so today we have all been shattered. Will be going to bed shortly and hoping it's a cooler night xfingers

Hope you're all good anyway. Can't wait to hear who will be next smile2

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 7:46pm

Buzzbee that's exactly what I have done washed them all and took all tags off and put them away all the newborn stuff I have says up to 9lbs. Docs have said they think this one may be over 9lb so really hoping he gets some sort of wear out of them as my daughter was 8lb 5oz and I remember newborn didn't fit her for long at all! And I have an appointment with hosp next week but think they will just be booking me to be induced don't think they would actually induce me then as will be 40 wks next week they seem to like u to go a week over plus don't they? I think? Feeling your pain with the heat my daughters just the same not sleeping properly either think hubby is the only one gettin any sleep he could sleep through an earth quake I think lol.

EE mmmm sounds yummy! And no can't change the vests my friend bought as don't know where they were from and have no receipt they were little barney ones. Will be waiting to see what size he is as u never no I suppose but if they don't fit I will just give them to my sis in law who is about 24wks preg also with a boy so she can have them if they don't fit as she is only petite and her other son was only 6lb something xx

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 8:27pm

Hi girls,

Buzzbee, did you manage your big clear out today? I'd love to clean the carpet in our bedroom, it's just not going to happen before LO arrives, I'll just need to give it a good vacuum!

WMG, how's things today?

Has anyone heard from Lisa?

Rally & BeeS, how's things with you both?

We had our carpet put down in the nurser today, it's lovely, really thick underlay so even though the carpet is quite basic (I've been told not to splash out as it'll get well worn and sicked up on :teehee: ) it's lovely and bouncy feeling. I can't wait till DP constructs the cot this weekend. We also had our pram delivered today, the box is just too big for me to empty so I'll have to wait till DP gets home from work later tonight.

Midwife appointment tomorrow, I have one weekly from now on, I'm hoping she's spoken with the consultant so I have a better ideas of what's planned for me!

Looking forward to getting out in the sunshine tomorrow after a cooler day today, it's forecasted to peak at 26! In Scotland! :cheeers:

xxx

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 10:36pm

hi girls, so sorry I havent posted in a while, I have been checking in on you all but just havent had time to post anything!
we seem to have been very busy lately with family events, DH has a minor op on his nose and weve both been in serious nesting mode so just dont seem to have any down time...DH is signed off for 2 weeks which is great means I get lots of help with jayden :)
so update on bump, had midwife today and she confirmed he is 2/5th engaged, which explains the drop in my bump and the sudden lower backache and sciatica. .I have been in agony today and can hardly walk, hoping I will wake up tomorrow and itll be gone. lol. I was keptt awake till 3:30am last night with on and off BH...which was a nice reminder how painful contractions are...got to say im so scared, I dont do pain!
we have a feeling this little one is going to be early which is why weve both been on a missio ln to get everything ready now. just got to wash his clothes tomorrow and then we're done.

wmg, im suprised your little one is still keeping you waitng! I do hope he puts in an appearance soon. I know how your feeling bout a big baby, my jayden was 9lb and am expecting this one to be bigger....it is scary but we can do it, I just think of my friend who had a 10lb13 boy naturally without pain relief and she lived to tell the tale.. :)

ee, your getting so close now too, hace u had any pains yet? its great your nursery is done nows the exciting bit when the furniture goes up! hope your appointment goes well tomorrow

buzzbee, try not to overdo it when you start the big clear out, its easy to get carried away! hope u get more sleep tonight, this heat is a killer!

big hello also to bees and rg, hope your lovely bumps are swell!...ok hope I havent missed anyone. night all, heres to getting lots of lovely zzzz's
x x

Lisa Lou
babydust

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Thursday, July 11th 2013, 10:45pm

Hey EE well today sorry for tmi but I DEFO lost a whole load of mucus plug without a doubt so hopefully things are going to move along nicely soon kind of hoping I wake up tonight in labour lol may be wishful thinking but oh well lol I have got sunburnt today on arms and chest I didn't even realise how hot it was as I sat in my mothers garden in a breezy part that I thought was actually quite shaded how wrong could I be lol! Loads of aloe Vera lotion on that! Lol

Lisa good to hear from you honestly thought u had had the little one and wow your last baby was 9lbs? I'm terrified lol! Well done to your friend though with a baby that size naturally! I keep thinking if he is too big he will get stuck it really worries me! Know how u are feeling about the bh and not doing well with pain! Think I have DEFO got worse with dealing with it since having my little girl!

Xx

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Friday, July 12th 2013, 12:31pm

hey wmg, yep he was 8lb15 which is 9lb...and I just feel that this littke one is bigger!! it is scary I know but nothing we can do hun just got to go with it I guess. my sciatica is killing me today!!! :-(

Lisa Lou
babydust

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests