You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Friday, June 14th 2013, 10:40pm

You look fabulous : D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Friday, June 14th 2013, 11:36pm

yes ive had this problem before! it seems to hsppen when my sister reduces the pic size for me... very annoying
Lisa Lou has attached the following file:
  • photo-1.PNG (126.2 kB - 10 times downloaded - latest: Jun 23rd 2013, 12:09pm)

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Friday, June 14th 2013, 11:37pm

can u see pic heather? I cant...how strange!

Lisa Lou
babydust

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 9:15am

I still can't view it :-( must just be me lol x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

What's Up?

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 9:21am

If I click on the link I can see it : D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 9:39am

dunno what ive done wrong then, its uploaded ok in my diary so u can pop and see it in thrre x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 11:46am

I can see it Lisa, looking fab!!!

xxx

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 5:25pm

How strange. I was trying to view your pic from my mobile yesterday but it didn't work. Today I was browsing the gallery on my mobile and came across 3 photos of a blonde in a black dress and I was like who is that LOL?! I log on here and see it's you Lisa!! Looking great Lisa!!

We certainly have some yummy mummies/to-be in this thread :)
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 6:09pm

Hello everyone

Just a quick one, my first venture into third tri!

How exiting to see all the news of safe arrivals! Huge congratulations to Heather, Cherlou, AG and Moogle! Lovely to share such happy news and Moogle I'm especially pleased for you that you can enjoy your beautiful girl in your arms now. Simply wonderful.

I'm feeling well in terms of the pregnancy and was relieved to find blood pressure etc all fine at my midwife appt this week as with all the stress we've had lately (some will know DH's mum died recently after very stressful illness and he's overwhelmed by everything at the moment which is a big worry).

Buzz bee great you have 3d scan booked!

WMG sorry about the SPD it must feel rotten.

Gorgeous bumps, those of you who have posted them!! I haven't been organised enough to have any pics taken!

Hugs all round xx
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 7:27pm

thanks girls, its nice to get a compliment when u feel ginormous hey?! nic will u be posting your twin bump?
welcome to 3rd tri Bees, sorry your family are going thru a tough time at the moment, cant be easy for you having to worry bout DH just now, however im sure when the babies arrival will lift his mood and give him something to be happy and excited about.
are you all having a nice weekend? any plans for fathers day tomorrow?

DH has been decorating the nursery all day today, ceiling and woodwork have all been done, so he is getting somewhere at long last!
tomorrow depending on weather we will either be going to the zoo or if its cold/raining prob just go for lunch sonewhere. not seeing my dad tomorrow as he lives 60 miles from us and we saw him last weekend anyway so have just posted his card and present to him.

bump has been moving loads, little man always seems to be on the move in there, and apart from being very restless and uncomfortable in the evenings im doing ok. how r u all? x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Sunday, June 16th 2013, 11:55am

Hi girls,

Lisa you look great :winking: what a perfect bump x

Bee, welcome to the third trimester :hello: it's understandable your DH is feeling overwhelmed, hopefully it will all settle down for him when LO arrives, it'll give him something to focus positively on x

Lisa, great news about your nursery. Our little room is cleared but not even bought paint yet never mind any sanding or new carpet! What colours have you gone for?

AFM we had our first ante natal class yesterday. We decided to go with NCT classes at the weekend so DP could come with me. It was really quite good focussing mostly on the 1st and 2nd stage of labour and pain relief/ massage techniques. My SIL is visiting today with her 2 year old, then planning on visiting both our parents and my brother for his birthday...not sure how we'll fit it all in!

I have a growth scan on Thursday, so looking forward to seeing our baby again, and more importantly making sure s/he is growing well.
xxx

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Sunday, June 16th 2013, 7:52pm

sounds like youve had a busy day EE, did u get round everybody? we have brought the nursey decor collection called scrapbook from mamas & papas, so we will have two walls a pale blue ans the other two walls will have the scrapbook wallpaper which is stripea in different shades of blue I think. I cannot wait till its done so I can get all the cute accessories out and dress the room up! what colour have you gone for? x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Sunday, June 16th 2013, 9:59pm

Finally my brother SIL and their kids were at mum and day's so we managed to catch up with them all at once :biggrin: My other SIL visited which was lovely and brought with her a basket of mummy goodies biggrin2 lots of things that she wished she'd had in hospital with her first child...things like nipple pads and disposable knickers :teehee: also some lovely blankets, new born dummies and nappies. It was really lovely and ,akes me think I need to think more about getting my bag together and packed just in case! I don't have anything like pyjamas and nursing bras, so might get searching on line this week.

Lisa, I Googled your wallpaper it's lovely, I really like the shades. We've decided on a very pale minty green/ blue, then not sure what to dress it with...if you look at Vertbaudet Sweet Nature I'd like something like that...I think it's quite unisex??

How is every one else?

xxx

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Monday, June 17th 2013, 1:12pm

Afternoon Ladies

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

Lovely to see you here BeeS. :hi:

Lisa my LO is so active just now too. My m/w said that s/he is still floating freely and has a good bit of fluid in there so that's why the movements are so big just now. They will start to run out of room soon.

EE, glad you enjoyed your class. I've just had a growth scan this morning, always lovely to have a wee peek at LO.

Hi everyone else on this lovely sunny day.

As i said, had another growth scan today and all is going well. Baby measuring ever-so-slightly above the average line so all good. Had another chat with our lovely consultant and feel happy with our plan. Sadly she'll be on her hols the day baby is delivered but she promised one of her lovely colleagues will perform my c-section and we'll be in the best hands.
Night times are just getting worse and worse. Waking up with such sore hips even when i sleep with a pillow between my legs. And really sore ribs from lying on my sides. I'm going to end up sleeping sitting up so that my hips are straight and my ribs aren't squashed, not very comfy but hey ho!!

blowkiss xxx

Monday, June 17th 2013, 9:08pm

Great to hear your scan went well, did you get any pictures? I didn't realise your hips are hurting so much, that sounds tough. I'm not sure that I've got any helpful words, the only thing I would have said was to use a pillow :mmmmmm x

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Monday, June 17th 2013, 9:09pm

Hi ladies hope u are all well!

Bee welcome over to third tri!

Ee I need to get some nursing bras but need to go get measured up again just so busy all the time but I need to get it sorted lol

Rally girl great news that baby is a good size and as for your aches and pains sounds just like mine too want to hope u don't have SPD too!

Well I was having quite bad pains last night and quite often too very nearly went hosp as thought it may be the start but eventually managed to sleep it off had a few lil pains today but nothing like last night. Seeing midwife tomorrow then having stitch out on Friday so we will see what happens. Hi to anyone else I have missed

Xxxx
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Buzzbee

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Tuesday, June 18th 2013, 7:50pm

How come all you ladies get regular growth scans? I wasn't offered anymore scans with our NHS after 20 weeks. With my DS I only had growth scans every few weeks because I developed gestational diabetes so they wanted to ensure he wasn't big. Does it depend what area you live in?

WMG - oooh could this be the start? I hope Friday goes OK. How did your MW apt go?

RG - great that your scan went well again. I hear ya with the sore hips. My night time sleep consists of waking every hour to change sides and then I get up for the loo too and by the time I have changed sides 4 or 5 times both hips are hurting so it's uncomfortable to lie on either side. I lie on my back for a bit but I am scared in case it cuts off the blood supply or whatever it is that happens when they advise you not to sleep on your back. I also get cramp in my calves sometimes. Basically my legs and hips just ache as the night goes on. Not sure I could sleep sitting up. I put a pillow between my legs which sometimes helps and I have a cushion that I rest under my bump otherwise it feels like it is dragging down. All worth it though eh hun?

EE - I have forgotten what I need for my hospital bag even though I had one with DS LOL! I did pack disposable knickers but I don't think I used them, I'd bought a pack of cheap cotton knickers from Primark so it didn't matter if they got ruined. Ensure you have good maternity pads and lots of them. Re pyjamas I got a button up nightie and pyjamas with a button up top. I must check the lists they put on the web to remind me what else to put in the bag. Your nursery colours sound lovely. We're having cream and lilac for our little girl. My DS has cream and pale blue. What did you think of the antenatal class? I went on them with my first pregnancy and remember thinking OMG this is real and it's actually going to happen soon. I never made a birth plan as didn't want to stress myself out in case it didn't go like I wanted so just went with the flow. I told them I would've liked a water birth but once the contractions kicked in properly I wanted harder drugs LOL!

LL - hope DH had a nice Fathers Day? My DH loves getting a card with daddy on and I also got him one from the bump.

Welcome Bee. We're due the same week aren't we?

So what is the order now if we were to go by how many weeks everyone is? Is it WMG, Lisa, EE, RG, Bee, Me? Have I missed anyone else?

Wonder who'll be next?! I would like to get to at least 36 weeks and then I won't mind if she comes early. I am curious as to how much she will weigh as I am huge. I wonder if she can tell at our 3d scan in a couple of weeks?!

Anyway, hope everyone is well xx

Tuesday, June 18th 2013, 8:21pm

Buzzbee basically I'm ancient, hence the extra scans, that's it! Happy though that it means we get scans every 4 weeks or so smile2 The ante natal classes were good, it's good to take time out with DP there too to think about it all...he came away wanting the hospital and midwife numbers and guide for when to call the hospital pinned to the fridge! :teehee: probably not a bad idea! xxx

Tuesday, June 18th 2013, 8:43pm

Buzz bee I had extra growth scans as I have a genetic mutation which can cause growth retardation (which is quite obviously not the case in my case lol and nic is due before me I think. Although I do think he will be here early. Midwife app went ok she was amazed as she could feel a whole foot by my ribs lol thought she would have felt that lots but she did seem amazed lol. I also have yet another water infection booooo every time I go they tell me I need to drink more water/cranberry juice... I do try don't think I could physically drink anymore lol. She booked my next app for 38 weeks (in 2wks time) and said "if you are still here then" so hopefully she does think he will come a bit early lol. Don't get me wrong I'm not one of them people that want to force them out before they are ready because they don't wanna wait anymore but I am in a lot of pain with the SPD and sciatica plus we know he is a big baby so only gets worse and doc said to me he should be fine if he comes at 36 weeks after I have my stitch out so fingers crossed.

Sorry for the babbling I have to let it all out somewhere ha ha xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "WESTMIDSGIRL" (Jun 18th 2013, 8:47pm)

Wednesday, June 19th 2013, 11:22am

You babble away WMG, that's what we're here for. :) Here's me moaning about the achey hips at night but bless you, you're in pain all day long. I def dont have SPD but i know it can be pretty miserable so i'm sending you lots of sympathy hun :hugs:

Buzzbee, i'm having the extra scans because of what happened with Evie but i'm also an oldie so would probably have got extras anyway as i'm at the same hospital as EE.

Hey EE, didn't bother with any pics as LO was not feeling very photogenic on Monday. Never mind, we'll just have to be patient, only 6 weeks to go!!! :weehee:

I'm very envious of you guys getting your nurseries all ready but we're still too scared so the room we're going to use for baby is empty and waiting. As i've prob said before, we are limited to what we can do as we live in RAF housing but you can get those big packets of wall stickers which are fab and we'll probably put in a blackout blind at some point when LO starts sleeping in there.

Got quite a few special occasions coming up which i'm excited about but also a bit anxious as i know i'll be uncomfy. We're off to the Royal Garden Party in Edinburgh at the beginning of July and i really want to wear a full length dress but the invitation says "day dress" but i reckon being very heavily pregnant, they're not exactly going to turn me away. Should be fun!! And we have our summer ball about 2 weeks before LO is due which i am determined to go to. The food is amazing at the summer ball!! :yumyum:

Take care everyone. xxx

BeeS

Ace

Wednesday, June 19th 2013, 3:00pm

Hi all and thanks for the welcomes!
I think you've got the baby schedule just about right buzzbee!

Sorry to hear about the night pains Rallygirl and buzzbee. WMG it must be such an annoyance to have SPD. I suppose the best consolation is that it should subside when bubba arrives. Are you getting any good treatment for it?

Rallygirl I love the sound of your ball! Oh yes you must be there!

The nearest to such excitement that I have planned before baby comes is 'A Day Out With Thomas' at the Somerset Steam Railway... I am genuinely far too excited about it but should probably plan for some grown-up fun too. Really hoping DH feels well soon so we can enjoy this time.

I am still feeling well although I notice I am feeling more tired in the afternoons and evenings now - starting to want to take the car for journeys I'd normally happily walk!

Hugs all round from Bee xxx
Bee

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Wednesday, June 19th 2013, 8:11pm

Hello

Ah right so that's why you get the extra scans. Understandable. Although EE and RG I bet you're not that old LOL! I am 35, soon to be 36. Got a 3d scan booked for 1 July so at least I will get to see her again and also get an idea of what she will look like. Can't wait.

Been feeling less movement the past couple of days, so much so I have been prodding my belly to try and make her move. I think though she has turned so has her back against my stomach so any kicks or arm movements are inside hence not feeling them as much. I can feel some movement but haven't had a good kick for a couple of days. Does anyone else have days where there is less movement?

Bee - I am feeling more tired too. I use to walk from the train station to work (15 minutes) but lately I have been catching the free bus that runs through the city centre as just can't be bothered. I walk to the station after work so getting a little exercise but definitely lacking energy now to do much. Even doing chores is starting to get harder. How is DH? Is he feeling a bit better and more focusing on the future and the birth?

RG - you have a busy social calendar LOL! We have a wedding next weekend and I haven't a clue what to wear. Not feeling my best and put on much more weight with this pregnant than with DS. I'm not fat, but I am not happy with my thighs and bum, which are a bit bigger than normal. I can understand why you're apprehensive about getting the nursery ready. The thing is hun he or she will be in your room first anyway won't they so you have plenty of time? My DS didn't go in his own room until 10 weeks old, which some may say is early but he was just way too big for the moses basket.

EE - my DH was very panicky about me going into labour with DS and him having to drive me to hospital. He ensured he had work meetings close to home. As it turned out I got GD so was induced on my due date so that was one benefit as we didn't have that mad dash to hospital. I suspect this pregnancy will be when we have the frantic car journey nailbite

WMG - good luck for Friday. Could it be you next?! Let us know how it goes.

Oh yes we have Nic too. Hope you're OK Nic?

Not much else to report here, just me worrying about less movement but I think she is moving now as I type this so trying not to panic too much. We have a drop in clinic on a Wednesday but I had to work today but think I may go next week just to have a check up and hopefully hear the heartbeat just to put my mind at rest.

How are people in this heat? It is so humid here. I'll actually be glad of the cooler weather forecast from tomorrow.

xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Buzzbee" (Jun 19th 2013, 8:14pm)

Wednesday, June 19th 2013, 8:48pm

Bees I'm not having any treatment for it all doc said to me there's only 2things that make it better painkillers or get baby out... Some of my friends that have had it were referred for physio I am already with a physiotherapist for my sciatica but haven't seen her for ages. I do try to bounce on my ball a lot though lol I stopped the aqua natal classes as was feeling worse after getting out the water lol.

Buzzbee I will let u all know if anything happens (probably will end up going overdue knowing my luck lol) as for the heat question it's absolutely killing me lol especially as I don't have many summery clothes that fit me whilst pregnant and I refuse to buy more considering I only have 4 weeks from tomorrow till due date an may possibly have him before then lol. I too am feeling less movements lately but they say that's usually due to baby getting bigger and having less space to move don't they?

RG thanks for the sympathy lol I woke up nearly in tears this morning as pelvis was hurting so much. I love my little man loads already and want him to be healthy but can't wait to have him in my arms now xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "WESTMIDSGIRL" (Jun 19th 2013, 8:50pm)

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Thursday, June 20th 2013, 10:08pm

Ooh more bump pics since I last checked in - looking fantastic Lisa and Rally! : D

Am stalking a bit for baby news... wonder if there'll be any arrivals this week? ;)

Great to see you're in third tri now Bee and Buzzbee xx
Rally hun, I am so pleased everything went well at your scan, really not long to go now xx Our poor wee lass still doesn't have a room - we need to turn the spare room into a bedroom for F before turning his room into K's nursery! But hey-ho, plenty of time... ;) xx
Hope your scan was perfect today too EE xx
Will be thinking about you tomorrow WMG, exciting stuff! xx

Love to y'all ladies and bumps xxx

blowkiss

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Friday, June 21st 2013, 7:49am

Just a quick visit this morning to say good luck to WMG, thinking of you today xxx

Friday, June 21st 2013, 9:41am

Good luck today WMG, i guess anything can happen now!!!

Buzzbee, hope your little miss has reassured you with lots more kicks. If you're worried you really should ring your triage number and just ask for some advice. They take reduced movements pretty seriously and you might get an extra scan.

BeeS, hope you enjoy your day out at the steam railway, when do you go?

Hey Moogle hun, thanks for dropping by big hugs to you and Kira. :hugs:

Hi to Nic and EE and all other third tri ladies and bumps.

AFM - had a lovely cocktail evening (non-alcoholic obviously) last night, just an excuse for the RAF wives to get together. There was a woman there selling some lovely french clothes but there wasn't much point in me looking at them, not exactly in the market for french chic clothing at the moment!!

Have a great weekend folks!!

blowkiss xxx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Friday, June 21st 2013, 8:35pm

Hope you're OK WMG and today went well.

RG - I'm pleased to say I have been feeling more movement. I do still think she has her back against the inside of my stomach, on the left, as that side feels harder to touch and the movement is felt more inside, whereas before I would see her kick or punch out. Think I will still go to the MW on Wednesday at the drop in clinic near us and ask if she can check the heartbeat just for peace of mind. Mmmmm I could just drink a fruity cocktail. I haven't missed alcohol at all, have you? I'm not a big drinker anyway so maybe that's why. I am not one of those who has a glass of wine after a day at work, I'd rather have a glass of milk and chocolate LOL! If I'm out socially though with friends then I'll happily get drunk, it's just not very often.

Moogle - how's life with a newborn and a young boy? Thankfully our spare room doesn't require much decoration as we only did it a couple of years back in cream and got a new carpet so just going to paint one of the walls lilac and then clear out the single bed so a cot can go in there.

Has anyone got their hospital bag ready yet? If so what have you packed? I

Also, has anyone bought a changing bag yet? The one I had with DS is a bit tatty looking now so fancy a new one. Think I'll buy one of those newborn sets from Mothercare too - you know the ones with the sleepsuits, hats, mits etc in, to pack in the hospital bag? I got one when I had DS and it was great. Just plain white so nothing fancy. I actually love a newborn baby in white, they look so angelic.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend anyway xxx

BeeS

Ace

Friday, June 21st 2013, 11:06pm

Yes good luck for the stitch WMG... Hope all went ok today! A friend of mine swore by osteopathy for her severe SPD but I don't think it's something they offer on the nhs is it? Not long for you now anyway and that suffering can be relieved when baby is in your arms! Ball bouncing sounds good. I need to blow mine up before I can get bouncing!

Buzzbee I think I will be using the same change bag as last time and haven't got around to a hospital bag yet. Last time I bought one if those white sets you mention from Asda. It was brilliant value and lovely soft cotton. I love tinies in white too. In fact DS still wears all-white onesies at night and I love how it makes him look like a great big angelic baby.

Rallygirl, cocktails sounds lovely - the RAF clearly know how to party! My steam railway date is second wkend in August. Can't wait.

DH is still very low sadly. I'm even starting to wonder about booking a doula as I am starting to get nervous about the time around the birth and the strain it would be for both of us if he's not really well to help me through a 3 day labour etc etc!! Is anyone here not having their partners at the birth but someone else instead? I know some people have mums or sisters instead by choice so interested to hear different perspectives...

Moogle lovely to see you popping in! Hope you're getting on well with tiny Kira.

Hugs to all including those I've not mentioned - hope everyone is doing well.

Lots of love Bee
Bee

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 9:33am

hi ladies sorry never wrote back yesterday was feeling all horrible. i do have to say that had to have been one of the worst experiences of my life. it wasnt even the stitch being pulled out that hurt the most it was the fact that i have a tipped uterus and even.when not pregnant the docs find it.difficult to find my cervix as it is always really far back and high up an causes me pain when having internals/swabs/smears but when pregnant its ten times worse cause it goes right up behind babies head. she (the doc) spent ages looking for my cervix yesterday with different speculums then trying to do it with her hands i was screaming crying by this point so she pulled my cervix forward (which they had to do when in labour with my daughter) then cut and pulled the stitch out. they gave me gas and air but it really didnt help. i felt like a right numpty after but it was one of the most painful things ive ever had... wish they gave u the spinal again to have it out... had a premonition of what was to come as was suckin on the gas and air in pain and.the midwife, doc and hubby were all saying "suck on the gas suck on the gas" it was one of those moments i felt like shouting "i am sucking the gas" lol. when finished the doc said all done hopefully you will be in labour soon. came.home and rested after as was quite a traumatic experience lol not looking.forward to qhen they have to pull my cervix forward during labour again! sorry for the essay anyway hope u are all well x

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 9:59am

Ouch WMG that sounded so painful. Not surprised you are dreading labour. Can you have an epidural or something to numb that area before they do it? Hope you have a bit of time to recover before you have to go through the pain again. Labour is painful already without this isn't hun? Could you not ask for a c-section because of your cervix? Sorry if you have mentioned this before xx

Bee - sorry to hear DH isn't himself still. He has been through so much hasn't he bless him and I'm sure it's very hard on you too. Re a doula, what about your mum or close friend instead? Do you have a sister? Sorry I don't know your situation so don't know who you have around you who can help during this time while DH is feeling down. Do you not think DH will want to be at the labour, even if it lasts that long? It may snap him out of his down mood as in he'll realise what is about to happen and hopefully think wow he is going to have another child and this is a very special time. You still have a few weeks left so fingers crossed he'll have perked up by then. Is he seeing anyone about how down he is feeling? Hope you're OK anyway. Awww my DS looks lovely in white too but he doesn't wear sleepsuits anymore, just PJ's and struggle to find all white. Sending hugs xx

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 2:26pm

Hey buzzbee I don't know but deco starting to think that really may be an option! The c section. Don't think they would offer the epidural as don't u have to be in established labour to have one? And they wouldn't be able to know that without examining me which would mean pulling it forward to do that so suppose not. I am seriously considering asking for a c section to avoid that now lol. Hubby said u didn't even cry when in labour with our daughter an u cried when having the stitch out yesterday... I think maybe I have become more of a wuss over the years lol x

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 3:06pm

Hi girls,

WMG, that sound awful, how are you feeling now? Even if you do have a natural birth, can they give you any meds before moving your cervix? Not sure what there is available, but there must be something. On a more positive note, have you and any rumblings yet?

Buzzbee, always best to get checked out. It is normal to have changes in patterns of movement, and more so as baby has less room to move about. My work is getting me a few things and the changing bag is one of them, I've asked for a Pac a pod, I thought they looked quite stylish as well as being super functional. I thought DP could take a little changing pod with him if he's going anywhere without me.

Rallygirl, what a great calendar you have for the next wee while! The cocktail evening sounds great, I'm actually not missing alcohol at all so an evening of mocktails sounds lovely x

BeeS, I'm so sorry your DH is still really low, I guess these things take time, it's unfortunate it all happened so soon to your LO coming. I'm thinking it'll give him something to focus on though, I'm sure his spirits will lift with your new arrival. I'm only having DP there, I did think about asking my MIL, but I'm quite introverted when it comes to pain, and I think if DP needs a break I'd rather be on my own. For you if you're worried about your DH not coping at all it might be good to have stand in...do you have anyone you can think of or would you go down the hiring route?

Lovely to see you Moogle blowkiss

AFM, scan went well, LO is growing well, head and abdomen both larger than average, forecasting 8lbs at birth, although these things are never accurate are they. The sonographer was very good, she used loads of positive language, it's amazing how buoyed that can make you feel. I had my second ante natal class yesterday on breast feeding, it was ok, but I'm feeling like I should do some reading on it. I really want to make it work and I don't have anyone around me who has breast fed, they all had bad experiences so I don't want to fall not the trap of listening to unhelpful stories.

I've started to look at what I need in my hospital bag, I don't really have stretchy/ slouchy trousers, so I think I should get a pair for pacing the wards! Pyjamas too. I bought new bras today, not nursing ones as the lady in Debenhams advised me to wait until about a week before due date as I may change size again...is that what happened with those of you who're on baby #2? Anyway, I'm now a 38!!! I started at 32! I gotta say it's super comfy, I can breathe properly again :teehee:

How is everyone enjoying the weekend?

xxx

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 4:15pm

Happy Sunday ladies. Is everyone having a really lazy day like us??? It has rained most of the day so went for a wee walk earlier and have been in front of the telly all afternoon.

EE, i've been eyeing up those pac a pod's too. They look fab but are pretty expensive!! I'm the opposite of you with regards breastfeeding, everyone i know seems to have done it easily so i'm worried about being the only failure. I am determined to do it though. I know that when i had Evie it took a good few days for my milk to come in so its all about persevering in those first days. If we end up in hospital at the same time we will have to support eachother. :)

WMG, sending you more sympathy you poor thing, sounds like you had a rough time getting that stitch out. I guess it's definitely worth you asking about a c-section.

Buzzbee, i've joined the Boots parenting club and you get a free changing bag (supposedly) not received it yet but i'm not expecting anything amazing considering it's free. As for alcohol, i have and i haven't missed it. I do really enjoy a drink and the RAF social life is centred around "the bar" but i have not missed hangovers and feeling groggy etc.

BeeS, hope you can find a solution to ease your worries about DH and coping with your impending arrival. A doula sounds like a great idea if you have noone else around you to help but i'm afraid i've no idea of costs. As others have said, maybe DH will brighten up and focus on you as labour approaches but i guess you need to have a plan in action.

Hi to everyone. As i said, i've had a very lazy day and have even been for a wee snooze. zzzz Phil has been making chocolates, one of his chef's hand-makes chocolates and it is something Phil has wanted to try so today is his first batch and i must say, they taste amazing :licklips:

Lots of love to you all.

blowkiss xxx

What's Up?

Monday, June 24th 2013, 1:32pm

Big hello to all you lovely ladies and your bumps : D

Just popping in to wish CB the biggest hugs and kisses for your section today. Hope you've your LO in your arms by now xxx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Monday, June 24th 2013, 3:18pm

Forgive me for saying this but who is CB? Good luck anyway xx

RG - yeah I saw that offer with Boots, a black changing bag I think. The one I had with DS was a M&P black one but it's a bit tatty now plus fancy a more girlie colourful one. Oh yes I have definitely not missed the hangovers. I am rubbish now I'm older, takes me at least 2 days to recover LOL! Your lazy day sounds bliss xx

EE - never heard of that Pac a pod. Sounds funky! Will have a nosy. Re pacing the wards you probably won't care what you look like cos of the pain LOL! I think I had a nightie on as you are forever going to the loo, well I was, so was handy having a nightie on. You get this immense pressure in your bum and I think it's your body way of clearing everything out before labour. Well that's how it was for me, not sure what it was like for others who have been through childbirth. I've gone up to a 38 too, from a 34. Well actually I haven't measured myself properly, I just got what I thought would be more comfier and it is. I'm a D cup now instead of a B, well that's the cup size I got LOL! I bought some maternity bras when pregnant with DS, maybe a couple, and don't recall them getting tighter. I didn't BF though so maybe I would've needed a bigger size if I did and the milk was there xx

How are you WMG? Everything OK? xx

Bee - hope you're OK hun xx

Nic - thinking of you too xx

Well I have been getting more movement and kicks over weekend so that's good. I actually think she has moved because today I feel very short of breath so suspect she has her bum perched on a lung maybe?! Does anyone else have days where they feel out of breath? I was like this a week or two ago but then it passed.

Not much else to report really. Starting to panic that I need to buy more stuff and get things ready. I have it in my head that she is going to come early, sometime in August, and it's almost July so really need to get my backside in gear. I want to buy some more sleepsuits and bodysuits, need to get her crib set up and buy some bedding for it, set up the travel cot for in the living room as she'll sleep there in the day, sort DS's room out and get his new bed set up so we can move the cotbed to the new nursery, which has yet to be carpeted and painted. This is all planned for July so it's ready then as come August when I finish for maternity leave (6th!) I would hopefully like to relax.

DH bought some lovely bodysuits and sleepsuits from Next yesterday (pink with flowers and teddies on etc) when he went shopping but he got first born and only goes up to 7.8 pounds and I reckon she is likely to be more so said we need to change them for the next size up. Bless him they are gorgeous though and what I would've chose so he did well, just didn't think to check the size.

Best go as in work!

xxx

Monday, June 24th 2013, 3:51pm

ihey ladies! im still here lol.

i was wondering who is cb too?

ee im not sure to be quite honest but will be asking at my next appointment and i would say there has been some sort of activity as i have had what i can only imagine to be my bloody show and a bit more the bext day, had a few period like pains and pains down below but nothing major yet!

rg yes i think that is what i may do.

buzzbee feeling ok but had a bit of activity as above what i just said to EE.

hi everyone else xx

Monday, June 24th 2013, 4:14pm

I think CB is chatterbox. I dont think she has chatted much in 3rd tri thread but wishing her lots of luck for her c-section today. :goodluck:

xxx

Monday, June 24th 2013, 9:36pm

Hi girls,

Rallygirl, yummy home made chocolates I'm jealous :chocs: PAC a pod is quite expensive, I'm lucky enough to be getting it as a pressie.

Buzzbee, I went through a few weeks where I got so breathless it would stop me in my tracks...I seem to have gotten better, or maybe I've slowed down...not sure. What makes you think your LO will be more than 7lbs? I've bought various white sleep suits with little patterns on them, and I think in 3 different sizes as I'm forever being told that I may only use them for a week but I'll be surprised how little the baby is...it's all so confusing!

WMG, could those pains be things starting? x

Just eaten a bar of dairy milk watching a movie, feeling like a big lump :teehee: how is everyone else?

xxx

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 1:14am

Evening all,

Well I have been AWOL for quite some time but I have a good excuse

I ended up having my little bubbas last Friday 14th July, Billy and Evie, Billy 6lbs 8 and Evie 6lbs 1.

We had our 36 week growth scan and then our appointment with consultant and it appeared that who was twin 1 was nos now twin 2' therefore confusing the hell out of us, it was a different sonographer. Consultant decided that we should have a c section the very next day and I was to go into hospital that night to get steroids for bubbas lungs.

It was such a surreal experience. Anyhoo to cut a long long long story short, little Evie is doing well and was in hospital with me for just over a week. Little Billy however needed lots of support and help with his breathing,

He was left with us so that we could have skin to skin, anyhoo he has been in intensive care in the neonatal ward, the girls are absolutely anaazing. Glad to let you all know that over a week later he just needs to establish his eating.

So in love with our little beautiful bundles of joy.

Me and little Evie are now at home with daddy and we hope billy will be joining us soon x x x

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 7:21am

Oh Nic, congratulations :congrats: it sounds like your little ones are doing great, I'm so thrilled for you, really good weights too for 36 weeks. I'm sure Billy will be home with the 3 of you in no time bab11 bab10 How are you doing? xxx

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 7:43am

awww congrats nic hope little billy will b home with u soon!

ee i keep thinking it might be but its all going very slowly if it is lol!

ooooh thats who it is.. in that case chatterbox hope ur c sec went well!

ahhh looks like it really is me next then unless i go over or someone else goes early! scary but exciting stuff! xx

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 8:39am

:congrats: on your wonderful news Nic and welcome to the world Billy and Evie! Glad to hear they are doing well and I hope you get your little man home very soon xxxx

Looking forward to the next arrival now! ;)

blowkiss

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Cherlou

Superstar

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 8:44am

Awww Nic amazing news and fab weights!!! So sorry poor billy needed a little help, can't imagine how hard it must be to leave him at hospital but I hope he is home with u v v soon.

Enjoy every minute....it's blimming hard work but worth it. MSG me anytime xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 10:32am

Oh Nic that is fantastic news and what lovely names and great weights : D Sorry that Billy has been struggling a little and hopefully he'll be home with you all really soon xx

PS yes CB is Chatterbox!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 11:10am

Brilliant news Nic, :balloons: i had a wee sneeking suspicion that might be why you hadn't been around. Congratulations to you and hope you are all reunited at home very soon.

Hi to everyone, WMG pretty sure you wont have long to wait now.

EE, hope you enjoyed your dairymilk. I'm sitting here stuffing my face with liquorice allsorts as i type :licklips: I've already had 2 breakfasts this morning i really dont know what's going on with my appetite cos i was pleased it had slowed down a bit a few weeks ago. Woke up in the middle of the night starving and with terrible heartburn last night. Baby's maybe having a growth spurt!!

Buzzbee, you sound like you're definitely getting organised now. I have managed to put together a wee pile of things for my hospital bag which i'm quite pleased about. DH and i are looking at it as it is things for me and not for baby so it's ok.

Well, i am sitting with my feet up as my walks are getting tougher by the day at the moment. My belly goes brick hard when i'm out walking and its pretty uncomfortable. I feel i need to keep going though because it is the only exercise i'm doing at the moment.

Me an DH off into St Andrew's tonight for a lovely meal for our 9th anniversary. Then m/w check tomorrow morning and then a bbq :bbq: all afternoon, quite a busy rest of the week.

blowkiss xxx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 1:10pm

Ah yes I have seen CB on many other threads. Hope everything has gone well for her xx

Congratulations Nic!! I hope Billy can join you at home soon. Lovely names. Evie was on my shortlist but then my friend had a little girl and nabbed it!! xx

WMG - oooh so we're just waiting to hear if it's you next :thumbsup: xx

RG - I have 2 breakfasts practically every morning! I get hungry if I don't eat within 3 hours. What has your diet been like with this pregnancy? I'll admit mine hasn't been great although I haven't put on much weight elsewhere and am mainly bump, which is lucky. I have chocolate every day or a cake! Happy 9th wedding anniversary. It's my parents today too - 36 years! Hope your MW appointment goes well tomorrow. Let us know how it goes xx

EE - I just have a feeling she will be at least 8 pounds, unless of course she comes really early. DS was 8 pounds 2. I'm not sure what the return policy is at Next as in timescale so think I'd rather get the next size up to guarantee she will wear them at some point. I think the next size up is up to 10 pounds so will probably change to that one. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to buy a tiny baby pack (sleepsuit, vest etc) just in case she does come early as they don't cost much do they? I love the plain white ones for when they're first born and then as she gets older the more colourful and patterned ones. She will definitely be living in sleepsuits though for at least 6 months as they are just so much comfier for them. Saying that I got a cute set the other week - some pink leggings and a little dress - I can't wait to see her in them!! I am so excited about dressing a girl as boys clothes aren't as much fun and you don't seem to have much choice I don't think. What has your diet been like? I love chocolate and can easily demolish a large bag of Chocolate Buttons in an evening. I keep telling DH not to get any in but he always treats me to a bag or two each week and I eat them usually in one go - naughty I know! That's probably another reason why I think she will be more than 8 pounds LOL!

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 8:06pm

Hi girls :hello:

WMG, I hope you're doing ok, I guess the pains could be all that poking and prodding you've had to put up with. Won't be long now though :biggrin: x

Buzzbee, sounds like a good plan. Yes it would be nice to be able to wear them, especially since your DP picked them out. I love seeing babies in baby grows, so I plan to keep ours in them as long as possible. I love the cute comfy cuddly way they look smile2 my diet has been quite good the whole pregnancy...although I was quite nauseous the first trimester so stuck to baked potatoes with beans, and dry pasta for most meals! Then in the third I've had terrible acid indigestion so eaten loads of bread and potatoes to dry it all up, thankfully I'm now able to take Zantac so I'm back to regular meals so lots of fish, vegetables and salads which is such a relief. I do find myself eating loads more, well maybe smaller portions but all the time, plenty of fruit and things like fruisli bars and yoghurt in between meals...that said, I've just had another bar of Dairy milk!!! biggrin2

Rally, you're doing well getting out walking every day...I went for a swim area work today, and now you mention your belly getting hard, the something happened to me in the pool. I imagine it would make walking quite difficult. Happy anniversary, I hope you have a lovely dinner out :flowers: x

Off to do some woodwork sanding in what will be the nursery...can you include sanding in nesting!?! :chortle:

xxx

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 10:33pm

hi everyone, things are still very exciting in here! huge congratulations Nic on the safe arrival of your gorgeous twins...I hope billy can be home with you soon, cant be easy being away from him but he is in the best place and im sure receiving the best care.

wmg, your stitch removal sounds horrific hun and I can imagine how scared its made you of the impending labour but you will be fine, u can do it hun, us women are made of strong stuff! lol! you r defo next and then I think its me...scary!!!

EE, how did the sanding go tonight? id defo say thats nesting, bet you whizzed round and put DH to shame lol

RG. hope you had a nice anniversary, did DH spoil you?

BB, hows your little boy? do u think he has any idea he has a little sister on the way? I think jayden knows, especially now we have the cot up in the nursery and all the babies things are around..he passes them to me and says babies...very cute and he says baby when he cuddles and kisses my bump..I cant wait already for the baby to be old enough to play with jayden, it will be amazing to watch my boys having fun with eqxh other.

so I have midwife tomorrow so will.finally find out if baby has turned, I think he has as kicks are high up but we will see. im am sooo uncomfortable at night now and am hardly sleeping which does make it tough during the day but am soldiering on! the nursery Is all finished now except the curtains and its lovely. DH has done a great job, he has worked very hard. ill post some pics in my diary. so am feeling more prepared for my little mans arrival. got to start thinking bout hospital bag soon.

well thats all from me for now, got a date with the fake tan bottle so will say bye bye. take care all and lots of love to those bumps x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 7:55am

hey ladies

rg i really hope not! getting impatient now lol even my daughters teacher has had her baby before me and she was due a week after me and i could not get over how small her bump was i thought she was about 4/5 months so got to have been a small baby. when did u say ur section is booked for? u did say u were havin section didnt u? i apologise if i am wrong.

buzzbee i really hope it is lol ive been doing lots of walking in the hope it may start things but all to no avail im afraid. and just to say my diet has been quite alot of choc hence why i have put on so much weight i think!

EE i really thought it would have the same effect as a sweep an obviously did something for me to get a bloody show then bit more of one the following day it just seems nothing significant is happening.

LL thanks for the support but it hurts that much im dreading them pulling my cervix forward more than the actual labour lol think its better when its ur first and u dont no what to expect whereas second babies u no exactly what pain u got comin! lol.

well i am 37 weeks tomorrow so will be officialy full term woooh! hope things start to progress soon or if i go to due date or over im thinking hes going to be over 9 lbs i rly dont want that lol x

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 10:44am

Morning Ladies and beautiful bumps.

WMG, my section is booked for 5 weeks today!!! But keep that to yourself for now sshh We haven't told our families the exact day as we just want to be able to ring them all and say everything is fine and LO is here safe and sound. Not that any of our family members are on FZ (as far as we know anyway).

Lisa, hope you had a good midwife app today, i'm just back from mine and looks like baby is starting to get into position but it doesn't really matter i suppose, if i'm having a section anyway. I dont envy you having a toddler and not getting much sleep at nights. [zx127] DH spoiled me with a gorgeous meal out last night, was very uncomfy when i went to bed but think it's just cos i ate too much. :snigger:

EE, hope the sanding went well, i reckon it comes under nesting!! Well done on the healthy eating, i'm trying my best.

Buzzbee, my diet wasn't great at the start due to the nausea but got much healthier once that was gone. I just seem to store fat though so put weight on all over when i'm pg. I have to be careful what i eat all the time as i am a curvy girl anyway but i dont deny myself things i really like so its up to me to try to keep fit.

Had my last m/w app with our local midwives before LO arrives. All is well, baby looks like s/he is starting to get into position so maybe i wont be getting battered quite so much now. I have another scan on the 15th July, then i'll be booked in to have my steroid injections the week after, then, we should have this little one in our arms in 5 weeks!! I'm feeling calm on the outside but still so nervous about the outcome. Got plenty things to keep me busy over the next couple of weeks at least.

blowkiss xxx

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests