You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Monday, May 27th 2013, 6:01pm

Rallygirl you're most welcome to pop across to 3rd tri. It's getting quite exciting in here : D

Moogle please don't laugh but there is no way I could manage to tend to my lady garden myself as cant even bend over far enough to catch a glimpse. Not sure if you'd be willing but I let my DH at it a few weeks ago although it was a most surreal and frightening experience :snigger: Gonna have to get him to repeat before next week!!

EE don't put off going to triage if you've got reduced movements from LO.

Cher glad the cramps have eased. Your DH is definitely right those stretch marks are SO worth it :D Hope the nausea eases though. I've no sickness but horrendous heartburn still. A wee glass to celebrate this birthday will do no harm at all so happy birthday. Enjoy your night x

Moogle how sweet you're little boy hugging your tummy. One of my little ladies gives me hugs and kisses and is so excited to become a big sister. Strangely enough she is the younger of my twins and the other swings from very grumpy to very sweet.

Lisa a baby shower sounds so lovely.

AG poor you hun still being sick. It will be worth it but doesn't make it easier at the time.

I had my last scan today. Doc gave off buckets that I hadn't gone to hosp when I was in loads of pain on Sat night. I've got anaethist review tomorrow and that'll put my mind to ease loads about a section again though I really really hope she comes before next Tuesday. Either way only got 8 days til she's here :D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Monday, May 27th 2013, 10:30pm

Yay you're here Rally! So glad you've joined us... it is hotting up a bit isn't it? ;) xxx

Thanks for the gardening tips ladies :chortle: I did manage to prune the foliage a bit this afternoon, but the bikini line will have to wait for another day when I can have a nice warm bath - our boiler is screwed so at the mo we have no heating or hot water. Talk about timing eh? You are brave letting DH loose on you Heather - I did suggest that to mine... but he hasn't taken me seriously... ?( Cherlou, I think your "out of sight/out of mind" philosophy is the way to go! Got a busy day with appointments tomorrow so in case I don't get a chance to pop in have a wonderful 30th birthday, and I hope you enjoy a little glass of something to celebrate - cheers!

Lots of love to all, catch up again soon blowkiss

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moogle" (May 27th 2013, 10:32pm)

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 9:09am

Morning everyone

Welcome rallygirl, it's def really exciting in here. Sorry not been in for a while although I have following just not had a chance to actually reply.

Ha ha the lady garden. Well I have not seen mine for quite a while and the last time I tended to mine blind I ended up with lots of cuts. My OH just refuses point blank. I must say though weirdly enough my leg hairs and my fleuff have been very under control during pregnancy, I usually shave my legs in the morning and have a 5 o'clock shadow by the evening, but since being pregnant I can go days without shaving, must be the girls hormones. Anyone else noticed that. I am having a boy too so maybe not.

Oh no moogle no hot water, timing is rubbish, we almost have a kitchen, timing rubbish for that too but so far it's not too stressful.

EE if even just for reassurance go to triage, you will feel better for it, they would rather send you away with everything be fine than you sitting worried at home.

AG so sorry your still feeling sick, must be awful, hope you feel well soon x

Cher I def think I have a couple stretch marks but I am expecting more, we will be so proud of our mummy stripes once our little ones are here and they might fade anyway x oh have a fantastic birthday and enjoy a little something x

Hmcfeather you really don't have long to go now, I am getting so excited for you x

Lisa I love how much my little ones wriggle, it's really tickly sometimes, I feel they have def got bigger as its constant now, and can totally feel little feet or elbows etc. amazing x

AFM I would say that's my tummy just getting that bit heavier now and a little uncomfortable, not complaining though as I really think I have had a great pregnancy considering twins. Need help getting off sofa which is really low.

Got such a fright on Sunday as OH attempted some electrical work which he should not even have thought about doing. He ended up electrocuting himself really badly and has some nasty burns and cuts on his hands. Went to A and E where they checked his heart etc, thankfully everything is fine, but he got such a fright and is really annoyed with himself. It was horrible. He has to take couple days off work so we are having to help each other do things which is so funny, me off the sofa, him pick things up. Just so grateful he is ok.

X x x

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 12:06pm

just a quick one from me will catch up with personals later on just wanted to say just been for my growth scan and cons app and turns out placenta has now moved so means a natural birth for me :(.was kinda hopin.it didnt move lol and.also turns out baby is measuring at 5lb 4oz already he is off the chart and they have told me to come bk in two weeks as if he is still that big they will test me for.gestational diabetes altho doc did say not too worried as my family tend.to have big babies now i am scared about having a humoungous.baby naturally lol x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 1:15pm

Afternoon all!! :hi:

WMG, looks like you've got a wee bruiser in there!! I guess anything could happen still, if baby is on the big side a c-section could still be an option for you. Fingers crossed you can escape the GD.

Nic, your poor DH (and you) bet you both got a horrible fright. My DH has a history of electrocuting himself but thankfully hasn't done it in a long time, i think lessons were learned!!

Hey Moogle dear, i've made it!! With regards lady gardens, i have to say, my dh has been tending to mine since my last pregnancy. It's much easier that way. Like Nic, i tried it myself blindly and ended up with so many in-grown hairs and cuts it was awful. I must admit i do leave it until it is a total wilderness and Phil doesn't seem to mind so why bother doing it regularly? :snigger:

Hmc, about a week to go!!! So exciting!! I am a wee bit jealous.

Cher, i was told i have an anterior placenta but am being ninja-kicked to pieces so not sure exactly where it is lying as i feel so much movement from this LO. I did have really purpley looking stretch marks last time but i must admit they all turned white and were hardly noticeable so fingers crossed yours do the same. The thing is, i'm a curvy lass and always have a pot-belly so i dont go in for bikini's or anything like that so the marks dont bother me too much. Hope you are having a fab 30th today [zx089] , mine was such a long time ago!!

EE, hope you're feeling your LO wriggling lots or you've been in touch with the m/w and have been reassured all is well. It is very unnerving when they've been so active then all goes quiet but they have probably just worn themselves out.

My dear AG, so sorry you're having a crappy time with sickness, sending big :hugs: Glad you're all settling into life back at home.

Lisa, glad you had a good bank holiday weekend. Its not an official holiday up here in Scotland but a lot of businesses seem to take it anyway. We had a gorgeous day on Saturday but Sunday and Monday weren't so good.

Hi to anyone i might've missed, hope you're growing those bumps nicely. AFM, not much to report really. I feel huge and am the same size as my friend who is about 36 weeks but baby is measuring average so its mostly bloating!! Yuk!! I'm fine first thing in the morning then gradually blow up like a balloon through the day. I'm drinking plenty water so not sure what's causing it. Think its just hormones, my stomach has been very sensitive this whole pregnancy. I've got less than 10 weeks to go and i'm not sure how much more my tummy can stretch!!

Anyway, baby is doing very well, kicking like mad which is good. This LO most definitely takes after his/her mummy and daddy with a small head and big tummy (that's me and Phil to a tee).

Anyone who has popped in my diary will see that my amazing hubby ran the Edinburgh marathon on Sunday in memory of our wee Evie to raise money for Sands, so i'm a very proud wifey at the moment, he did really well. Feeling very sore today as he went back to work but all worth it, he raised over £1000 which is fantastic.

Lots of love to everyone xxx

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 7:00pm

Evening all you lovely ladies and bumps,

Hope the weather is fab with you like it is here gor a change. It's fab to see the girls running about the garden.

RG it is a fabulous achievement for your DH to run the marathon and in the name of your little girl and such a good cause. I know I felt enormous with the twins at times but I guess the body is able to manage so you'll not burst :snigger:

WMG great size in there and hopefully you'll get your section if that's what you'd prefer. Can you simply ask for one? Not sure what policy is re elective sections. Hope you don't get GD.

Nic that must of been scary for both you and DH but hopefully he's recovering. I'm the same I need a hand getting up off everything. I have PCOS so I end up quite hairy but that stops during pregnancy as it is hormone related.

EE hope everything is ok with you xx

I can't believe I am writing this but this time next week we will be holding our new baby :D I had my anaethist appt today and he really put my mind at ease about things and how they'll put things in place to stop my BP dropping so low next time xxx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 8:09pm

Goodness me Heather - this time next week you'll be a mummy of 3!! How wonderful and utterly exciting! So pleased they went over everything in detail with you and were able to put your mind at rest.

RG - I laughed out loud at your comment about your lady garden being like total wilderness before you sort it! I've had a thought now and again that I'd be really embarrassed if I had to be rushed to hospital if labour started early as its usually so overgrown and that thought usually prompts me to get mine sorted!

WMG - that's a great weight! So good your LO is thriving - you're obviously providing a great environment for him/her! Try not to worry about the size sweetie. A big baby birth can be fine if the head isn't too big. My sister had a massive baby with a massive head and she's a size 6 and tiny! What is the situation with elective sections? I was medically advised to have another section for various reasons, but I got the impression that I could have had one if I wanted anyway. Maybe different authorities have different policies though.

Nic - goodness me your poor DH and poor you - I bet you got a right fright. So pleased that your DH is fine.

Moogle - so cute your LO with the attitude towards the new arrival. N is very gentle with cuddles and pats on my bump and although says baby is in there, I'm not sure how much she understands really. She loves real babies and playing with her babies, so hopefully she will be smitten once he arrives!

Had the midwife today and all is well. She offered me sickness medication again, but I declined. I just hate taking anything and it seems with not so long to go I should just try and get on with it. I still worry about taking the sickness meds in the beginning and MIL telling me today that it has caused handicap in children didn't help! I'm sure they wouldn't have given me something they thought would hurt, but hey I'm sure we will all worry about something especially me! I'm sick every morning and feel nauseous most if the day and really only sick again if something sets me off! Just got to get on with it! Going to see my little man on Monday as I've got a scan! Can't wait! Then got the consultant the week after and seeng my midwife the week after again. Lots of appointments, but being very well taken care of.

My toddler is into everything! Two days ago she got herself out of the harness on her pram and toppled the thing! She naps in her pram and had woken early. Yesterday I put her in her cot to nap, which worked well, but today she came head first out of that! I'm such a worry wart and I hope she is ok. There wasn't a mark on her and she didn't nap at all, so has gone to bed early tonight. She is in her grobag, so I don't think would be able to get out the cot again, but there is a pile of duvets and pillows on the floor for padding just Incase! When DH comes home I think we'll have to take the sides down sooner than we thought!

Early bed is calling me tonight! Xxx

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 9:04pm

Hi girls,

Thanks for all your advice. I had decided to call the midwife yesterday, then I woke up to loads of kicks, again all really low down, so decided to stop worrying. Nothing all day again, then plenty of movement at night...I'm thinking baby has moved position and changed sleeping pattern. Same sort of pattern again today...I have a midwife appointment on Thursday first thing, so will tell her all then. If I don't get any kicks tonight, I'll call in the morning.

AG, sounds like you have your hands full, and with all that sickness you must be quite tattered. Good to hear you're getting such great care x

Heather, so exciting biggrin2

Rally, great to hear you're getting loads of movement, LO wants you to know he/she is there and doing just fine! Well done on your DH's marathon and all that money, what a star he is x

Nic, good to hear your husband is ok. Now you mention the hair thing, I shave my legs daily too and actually it's been much easier recently, funny.

Cherlou, happy birthday lovely girl :flowers:

xxx

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 10:09pm

EE -don't be afraid to call, they'd much rather check these things out. Reassurance for you is also very important. I was talking to my midwife about this today as the pattern of movement with my LO has changed, but I think he's getting bigger and not able to move around as much. Xxx

Moogle

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 10:17pm

Hello lovely ladies, just a quickie from me tonight - glad to hear bumps are all doing great, wee pregnancy niggles asides ;)

Heather, that's amazing you're down to the last few days now... can't wait to hear the news - so exciting! And it's looking like I may be just a couple of days behind you too : D

Had another little check up on bubs today, and the little minx has gone and turned transverse again! She'd been head-down for the last couple of weeks, so I was hopeful we were going to avoid a section after all. I really don't fancy them trying to turn her manually though, so I think a section it may well be! After hearing lots of positive stories on here and from other mums I'm not so worried about it now anyway, as long as they get baby out quickly and safely xfingers

By the way, it's quite common for hair growth to slow down during pregnancy - your body is so busy concentrating on growing the baby, that things like hair and nail growth can take a wee "rest". That's why often the hair on your head looks fuller and thicker in pregnancy - it's not actually growing faster, it's because it's growth cycle has slowed and you're not shedding as many hairs as normal. On the negative side, this is also why we lose so much hair once the pregnancy hormones have left our systems, as the hair growth cycle returns to normal and all the "backed-up" hair starts to fall out. It's definitely nice not having to shave the old legs so often though eh? ;)

Cher, hope you're having a wonderful birthday! 88)
Sorry not many personals tonight my dears, am absolutely shattered and am heading off to bed now - will catch up with you all properly again soon xxxx
blowkiss

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moogle" (May 28th 2013, 10:19pm)

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 10:30pm

Right time for the personals... Just read back a few comments sorry if I miss anything my memory isn't great lol.

Rally girl welcome over to third tri it's defo real exciting in here!

EE glad you felt LO kicking again it's always the way though isn't it? When I was worried about the reduced movement he hadn't moved for 2 days and as soon as they put me on the monitors in hosp he started to kick I think they just like to make you look silly lol.

Moogle the garden comment was hilarious but I've had to stand in front of the mirror and do it (well what I can see lol) I remember making a right mess of it when preg with dd... When I went into labour I remember the first midwife I saw there that did the internal said "oh who has shaved this?" Lmao needless to say I was quite embarrassed as I still didn't know how bad it looked lol.

AG how bad that you are still being sick
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 11:45am

just realised only half of my post has posted how strange! i did go on to say

heather how very exciting for u im well jealous lol and i dont think i will get gd prob just big baby as for elective c sections i think u can request one but have to have a good reason im just not sure they would listen to me.

sorry if i missed anyone cant remember half of what i put last night and dont know where it disappeared to x

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 2:36pm

Wow Heather, this time next week, that's fab!!

AG, i know what you mean about not not wanting to take any kind of medication if you can help it. Not sure i'd have held out as long as you though, cant stand feeling sick!! I've had a good few headaches with this pregnancy as i did with my first but only resort to paracetamol when its been lingering all day and i am really fed up. I also take a basic nasal decongestant at night (which i hate doing) but i am so congested with this pregnancy (as i was with Evie too) and just cant sleep not being able to breath through my nose. Really dont think your MIL's comment was helpful though was it?

EE, sounds like you have a little night owl there at the moment, hopefully sleeping pattern will change once LO arrives.

Moogle, yay for the c-section. I guess its worth getting it all booked and sorted then if baby does move head-down you can decide what to do from there. I think hospitals like to be as flexible as possible and nothing is set in stone. I recovered really quickly from my c-section after having Evie so it's not quite such a daunting prospect but deep down, i'd love to try a natural birth but unless this LO comes on his/her own a wee bit early, its not going to happen. Whatever's safest eh?

WMG, how rude of the m/w to comment on your shaving efforts!! :snigger: I'm afraid i went in to labour with Evie with a very full bush :O but noone said anything. I've got a feeling most m/wives are used to seeing ladies who are a tad unkempt as we just cant be bothered once we get too big. Anyway, i am a child of the 70's and my parents were kind of hippyish and it was all long hair under the arms etc so that's my excuse!! Laziness!!

I had a midwife appointment today just for reassurance and have booked my whooping cough jab for Monday morning. Really hope i feel ok after it as i got a rotten cold after my flu jab back in February. I know the vaccinations dont give you colds/flu etc but there is obviously something in them that reacts with the fact that our immune systems are already low as lots of mums-to-be seem to get poorly afterwards. Fingers crossed all will be fine. I cant afford to keep buying manuka honey!!

Hiya to anyone i've not mentioned :hi:

blowkiss xxx

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 7:08pm

RG I had no side effects from the whooping jab but my arm was sore for about a week afterwards.

I agree with you though I am sure that midwives are all well used seeing all sorts of lady garden efforts :snigger:

WMG if you want a section you may as well ask and see what they say. All they can is no but you just never know xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: Nil

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 9:06pm

Hi Ladies hope u r all getting on OK.

Nic, have u bought separate Moses baskets or r u going to use the bugaboo cots as the baskets for your twins? I've got my 20 week scan tomorrow do I need to drink loads of water for he scan - it doesn't mention it in my letter? Ive been having some tightening in my tummy - where my tum goes rock hard - It only lads a few moments - just wondering is this Brackton hicks or growing pains???? Hav u had the same?
:xxx3:

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 10:23pm

Mrs G - sounds like braxton hicks to me. I had loads with my daughter and loads this time too, although they are different this time. My midwife told me it can depend where baby is lying and where the placenta is. With My daughter my tummy would go solid and a funny shape! I would get them quite regularly too! This time they are more painful I'd say, but not quite such a hard tummy, just a bit. It's a sure sign your body is preparing! Xxx

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 11:18pm

Mrs G enjoy your scan tomorrow and you don't need a full bladder for the scan at 20 weeks.

I bought two moses baskets as I bought the rockers for the baskets. I agree with AG that they sound like Braxton Hicks. I've had those from about week 20 and mine are pretty painful. They are meant to be the body getting prepared for birth.

I may need to visit hospital tonight as pains are pretty bad and wondering if this is 'it' starting!! Gonna go lie down and see if they go away or get worse!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 12:45am

Oh him feather good luck Hunni.

Just a quickie as been all go and am shattered, will do more personals in am.

Mrs g I have bought 2 Moses baskets didn't think about using pram carry cots, wee too bought the rocking stands the back to front rocking ones, we plan on sleeping babies together in one cot, if it works it works if not the Moses baskets are there. Oh hell yeah I had tightening e from 16 weeks which I still get and had them often from early on, for me they are only painful if I try to move or walk while having one, they are very uncomfortable. I panicked at first think oh no early labour but here I am 34 weeks and still having them lol. You def don't need to drink any water for this scan Hunni, good luck and enjoy.
I have another growth scan tomorrow and get to meet lil jack and Jill again he he DH keeps calling them that I just imagine the Adam sander film jack and Jill x x x

Anyhoo night night ladies with bumps x x x

What's Up?

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 7:52am

Nic that's what we did with the girls. At first I slept them separately and for naps in the Moses baskets but then once baskets became a bit tight I moved them to one cot. There was more than enough room in one cot until they were 6 months. I only ended up separating them as they began to move about and were waking each other.

What I do find amazing now is at the start after the first couple of months I tried not to jump up at the slightest noise so they got used to each other and learned to self-settle. I don't mean when they were hungary etc. I find now that one can wake screaming from a bad dream or something and the other one sleeps like a log. I don't know how they do it!!

Enjoy your growth scan today xxx

Well didn't end up going to hosp last night. I finally managed to get comfy in bed and got some sleep. I'm still sore this morning although I'm sure not labour sore so I will phone shortly and go get checked out just in case. Section scar is sore so better to get checked xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 2:15pm

heather how exciting sounds like the little one will be here in no time! x

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 7:59pm

Hi girls,

Heather, I'm so excited for you our first third trimester baby soon :biggrin: did you get checked today? I hope all is well x

Rally, I had my Whooping cough vaccination today, didn't feel a thing and she assured me the only thing I'll get like Heather said, is a sore arm. It is but nothing bad, hopefully you'll be the same x

Nic, how did your growth scan go?

AFM I had a midwife appointment today, all is fine with LO, she 's happy that baby's pattern has just changed and maybe thinks I've been paying more attention recently. Heartbeat and tummy measurements are fine, she thinks baby is sitting side on with head down and legs to the top. I'm not sure just happy all is well. Booked another appointment in 2 weeks just before my next scan.

blowkiss love to everyone and your bumps xxx

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: Nil

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 9:40pm

Nic, HMC, AG - [zx050] thank u all for your advice and infonre my scan today. I can say all went well scan, bloods etc were fine and we r having a boy and girl!!! :boy: :girl:

I was more relieved there was nothing untoward more than anything else. Just don't feel excited about it yet??? May be I will wen I start to buy things for the LO's?

HMC - hope u r Ok! :goodluck:
:xxx:

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Thursday, May 30th 2013, 11:16pm

Wow it is mega busy in here..I don't know where to start!

Mrs G I went thru a phase when I just couldnt get excited, I think its a self defence thing...after all these babies are all miracles and although we have seen they are there in our tummies, until we hold them in our arms a part of us will never really believe they are real and that our prayers have finally been answered. So don't worry its normal and things like baby shopping and decorating the nursery do help. Congrats on having a boy and a girl in there, that's just perfect x

E Eggs, so pleased you and bump are doing so well.. Talking sweeps and inductions must make the end seem quite near now. For what reason do they want to induce u early? X

Hmc feather, wow your little lady will be here so very soon - I am so excited to hear that our 1st third tri baby has been born!! I'm to a Lil jealous, feels like I still have ages to go. X

Nic, how did your growth scan go today, did u get estimated weights for your Lil boy and girl? X

Rally girl, I didn't have an nasty side effects from whooping cough vac either so do not worry.well done to your DH raising all that money for your daughter, u must be very proud. X

Hello to everyone else and your lovely bumps (can't look back at anymore posts), hope your all well and blooming beautifully.

X x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Friday, May 31st 2013, 9:38am

rallygirl i forgot to mention i had an infection from my whooping cough jab an rly hurt and itched think its rare it happens tho i had to have antibiotics for it. here is a pic x
WESTMIDSGIRL has attached the following file:

Friday, May 31st 2013, 12:05pm

Oooh, looks sore WMG. Hope its all mended now!! I think it's still worth having the jab whatever the side-effects. In my years as a paediatric nurse i've looked after a couple of very young babies with whooping cough and its an awful disease. Your poor arm though :cuddle

EE, good that your mind has been put at ease. It is sometimes tricky to keep track of baby's movements because i know my LO is sooooo active at times, then i dont feel a thing for a few hours and i do feel slight panic starting to set in then i will go to bed and be kept awake half the night by baby wriggles!!! So at the same time i'm miffed i cant sleep but very relieved to be feeling the kicks again. They are obviously showing patterns of activity and sleep but i suppose they have no clue the worry they are causing us!!!

Heather, i'm pretty much expecting news any day now!!! :thumbsup:

Nic, have fun having a wee peek at your Jack and Jill today.

Hi to AG, MrsG, Moogle, Lisa and to everyone else, sorry i cant see any further back.

Nothing to report here really. Been out for my waddle this morning and its a gorgeous day outside, was sweltering when i got home. Hope it lasts through the weekend, maybe we can crack open the bbq for the first time this year! :bbq: Off out to the officers mess for tea tonight so i dont have to cook, yay! happydance
Should you ever be worried your baby is moving too much??? I know it might be a silly question but my LO has hardly stopped for 24hours. I know i'd be worried if it was the other way around but i guess i'm concerned that s/he isn't at all comfy in my tummy. Just tell me i'm being a daft coo :loony:

Have a good weekend folks.

blowkiss xxx

Friday, May 31st 2013, 4:59pm

rg yes i agree its still worth having it done and yes its all ok now x

Friday, May 31st 2013, 7:15pm

What a gorgeous day, could def get used to this weather.

Hmcfeather, oh exciting I think your gonna be holding your little bundle very shortly, can't wait to hear. It's great to get some tips and hear how you got on sleeping your twinnies. We are hoping to try them in cot together in our room initially but have 2 Moses baskets anyway for naps down stairs so whatever happens at least they will have a bed. Will just need to wait and see what babies want to do x

EE glad all is well with your little one, I must admit I do notice a difference in patterns, more so the type of movements change, from kicks, to wriggling, to almost tickling x

Oh mrs G how amazing, a pink and a blue, it's perfect enough just being pregnant but even more so knowing having one of each. I remember well feeling scared being pregnant, and as much as I was mega excited the fear took over the excitement. Now that I am further along and started feeling lots movement not to mention the shopping and doing up the nursery the excitement takes over again x

West mids and rallygirl, I too didnt feel the whooping cough jab at the time but boy my arm killed after, felt badly bruised but I was lucky I didn't have a rash or anything.

Well growth scan went really well again, Lisa Lou both babies measuring well, little lad weighing 5 lbs 10 and little girly weighing 5lbs 2 so sounds like a nice healthy weight. Docs are pleased and yesterday was the first time they have mentioned a plan, different consultant yet again, my one on holiday, I mean how dare she have annual leave lol. Little lad is head down and little girly is breech but it means I can go normal delivery or have a section, the choice is mine, I am terrible at making decisions, I need your help girls, there are safety issues and pros and cons for each but I can't help but think section, I originally wanted normal delivery. Help much needed girls.

Think I will go and hang the babies curtains in their nursery, so exciting.

Oh I had an echo heart scan thing today and she really doesn't see anything at all, so my mind is put at ease with my heart and palpitations now, kitchen still getting done but looking amazing, DP started painting it, it's bright orange and looks fab with the graphit grey units. Feeling very relaxed at the mo even though there is a makeshift kitchen in living room which isn't like me at all I usually get stressed out. Loving our new house so much, just can't wait to meet our babies now x x x

Sorry if I have missed anyone.

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, May 31st 2013, 7:48pm

Quick question ladies - at how many weeks do you get the whooping cough jab>? My next mw apt is at 31 weeks - will they do it then or is that late?

Loving reading all your updates and can't wait to join you soon. Good luck Heather!! xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Cherlou

Superstar

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Friday, May 31st 2013, 8:24pm

Hi all
Read but so much to catch up on. Been reading but been really busy to post. Sounds like everyone doing well.
Buzzbee I had mine at 32+4 weeks and they said that was fine. Ideally they say beat time is 28-32 weeks so I was slightly over. Ur timings should be fine.
Nic I had the same decision to make and I went for c section. Want them out safest way...been such a long 5 years to get to this point and want the easiest outcome for them. Kinda feel a little sad I won't do it naturally but also relived to have made a decision.

I bought the angelcare movement monitors as was worried I would t sleep worrying about whether they were ok. This means I can't sleep them together tho which is a shame. I have Moses baskets and may also use the carry cots for downstairs sometimes. It's so hard to know what the right thing to do is. I guess we will just learn as we go... I hope!!

Sorry for not catching up with everyone... Am pretty shattered. Will catch up with u all tomo xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Friday, May 31st 2013, 8:55pm

I was 31 weeks also for the whooping cough jag don't think you are too late at all.

Cher I was going to buy the angel care movement mats too but really wanted to sleep them together, might not happen. I still consider buying them at times. I am def gearing towards a section as they would be out lovely and quick hopefully, also I think it would bevery traumatic for me, babies and OH if I delivered one baby then had to be rushed for a section. Think it would be very scary. Chances are might need a section anyway. I too would love to experience labour but with twins and the huge journey we have been on I do in my heart believe its for the best, I think lol. Thanks cherlou x x x

Friday, May 31st 2013, 9:10pm

Hi girls,

WMG that looks awful poor you. My arm is thankfully just stiff!

Rally, I can't believe how lovely it s earliest and now it's chucking it down! No BBQ for us tonight, maybe over the weekend. Enjoy your dinner out tonight. I wouldn't have thought that LO moving all the time is a problem, but I don't know. I'm sure one of the other girls will be able to advise.

Nic, deciding on a natural delivery or section was always going to be a difficult one, and personal to you. You have to do what you think is best for the LOs and you x

Buzzbee, I had to book and appointment with the nurse for my whooping couch appointment. It might be an idea to call your surgery and see who does it there x

Lisa, good to hear from you, how are you doing? x

Love to Cherlou, Moogle, Heather AG and everyone else.

xxx

Friday, May 31st 2013, 11:00pm

It was a few weeks back now as I had it done at 28 weeks x

What's Up?

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 11:10am

Hello ladies : D Sorry no exciting news to report I reckon we are looking like a section on Tuesday but either way I am just SO excited!!

For those contemplating the natural v section for your twinnies I had the same choice to make and likewise when I asked what was safest way for babies was told it was a section so that was it for me but it really is a personal choice. It is strange because this time I'd much rather go natural but as she won't let me go over and won't let me be induced so there is little choice but the way we're going.

I was about 32 weeks when I got my jab and was told that was fine as well but needed to make an appt with GP.

I do promise for those of you worrying that you'll be worrying about every little thing that after a couple of day it all fits together being a mummy and you will be fab xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 11:26am

Morning ladies, and what a lovely one it is, fingers crossed weather stays lovely.

I have a couple of wee questions for you that have been running through my mind.

What are your thoughts on the vitamin k jab that babies get once they are born to prevent internal bleeding and help with clotting. Would you or wouldn't you, another dilemma, I am terrible at deciding one way or another.

Also how are you all going to be making up your bottles if not breast feeding. I plan to try breast feeding but won't beat myself up if it doesn't work and I have everything in just incase. The rule is make them as you need but tone honest how easy and realistic is that going to be with twins. Do any of you have any other suggestions as how to follow similar rules but not have the whole waiting for kettle to boil, make bottle then cool time. It's one thing I keep thinking of although I know it will all come together.

Cravings have any of you had any, I didn't think I had but at the moment it's fizzy juice, can't get enough, try to stick to fanta and appletiser as no caffeine eats and appletiser is 1 of 5 a day, then I go onto fizzy flavoured water, then boring old water through the night. Counted up how much I drunk yesterday and was a whopping 4 litres. 1.5 litres was plain water. My glucose test came back fine so figured it must just be a craving, that and juice ice lollies.

I think I have def decided on a section, I have been swaying that way and just feel it would be for the best x

Hope your having a fab weekend

Moogle

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 12:28pm

Hello all! Hope you're having a lovely start to the weekend :o)

Heather, you're still here hun! Not for much longer though eh? Looking forward to your exciting news in a few days (or less ;) ) xx

Nic, my DS1 had Vitamin K, to be honest I didn't even consider him not having it as I wasn't aware of any risk to baby. As for the bottle-feeding, you get used to all the faffing quite quickly - though I imagine it'll be even faffier with two babbas! I did breastfeed for the first 3 months, but not exclusively - we used to give him formula top-ups at night-time, and for that I just used the cartons of ready-made formula. It is more expensive, but so much easier! Once we moved on to formula completely I started buying the powder and pretty much followed the recommendations - I found that the bottles of hot formula cooled down quite quickly if I popped them in a bowl of cold water for a bit. However, I do know plenty of mums who used to just make up all their bottles for the day first thing in the morning and keep them in the fridge till needed, and their babies were fine! It's your call hun, and I'm sure you'll get into a rhythm before too long, whether with bottles or boobies ;) xx

EE, glad to hear LO has been wriggling again and you've been reassured by the midwife xx
And Rally, glad to hear your LO hasn't stopped wriggling and jiggling! I'm sure there's nothing to worry about when they move all the time - we've had the odd day like that and I've panicked and said to DH "I think she's moving too much!", at which point he just rolls his eyes in despair... I think after all you've been through sweetie it's only natural to worry about every wee thing. You could always give your mw a call if you're still concerned xx

Hope you had a fab birthday Cher, and hiya to Lisa, WMG, AG, Buzz and anyone else stopping by - can't see far back enough for all of your news! xx

AFM, this is officially our last weekend before LO's arrival! :8o: I have to go into hospital on Monday for a pre-delivery assessment (better finish pruning the hedge for that ;) ), then I can either stay in or come home for a couple of days before going back up for probable induction later in the week. I am tempted just to stay in hospital as we still have no flippin' hot water at home! We still have nothing organised to be honest, but this weekend I will definitely be packing that hospital bag! So am just wishing the next few days away and keeping everything crossed that this little one makes it out safely into the world xfingers xfingers

Lots of love to all xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moogle" (Jun 1st 2013, 12:31pm)

What's Up?

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 1:07pm

Nic I don't remember being given a choice about vit K it was just given or maybe I was asked and once they explained I said yes but from memory it was just assumed they'd get it. I'll get it this time round.

Bottle wise one of my early HVs told me it was ok to boil up water and let it cool in sterilised bottles in the fridge for whatever I needed as long as they were used up within 24 hours and the fridge was at correct temp. She said the warning came after a child got ill in an Eastern European country when the bottle were pre-made and not kept cool in a fridge. Ever since the manufacturers say to make up as you use!! I then just heated the bottles up in a pan of hot water or as they got older and I was happier with temp I heated water for 20 secs in micro and them put in feed.

HV attitude was life is busy enough with new babies than to have to deal with a baby crying whilst you wait for boiling water to cool etc to do that every time freshly.

Hope that helps xx

Moogle how very exciting hun xxx

Hi to everyone else x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 8:00pm

Sorry - keep popping in but shouldn't be here yet LOL!

Nic - I too didn't give a second thought about the vit k jab with my son, was more than happy for them to do it as never heard anything bad about it. Re bottles my son was formula fed and what I used to do was boil some water in the kettle and then pour it in a jug and leave it in the fridge. Then when I wanted to make up a bottle I would put half the amount of boiling water in the bottle so if he was on a 4 ounce bottle I did 2 ounce of boiling water, added the formula, stirred, then added 2 ounces of the chilled water out of the fridge and the temp would be perfect (or sometimes we did a little less for the boiling to make it cooler). Our kettle boils really fast so only took the time of the kettle boiling. I did have a bottle warmer, which was pretty good but we found the half boiled half cooled way better and quicker. I never pre made bottles for the day, I preferred to do them as I went along but I did buy some plastic containers (you can get ones that stack on top of each other at Babiesrus) and measured out the formula in each of those and would ensure I had enough for the day / night.

I highly recommend Dr Browns bottles but if you do breastfeed but then go onto bottle feeding I reckon the TT closer to nature bottles would be better as their teats are shaped more like the breast I think. I unfortunately couldn't breastfed as my DS wouldn't latch on and just screamed so rather than let him starve I gave him formula. The cartons are great for when you're out and about and I took some cartons to the hospital too as back up for not being able to breastfeed.

Good luck for next week Moogle and Heather. Very excited to hear the news of your LOs.

Hi to everyone else and hope you're enjoying the sunny weekend xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 11:13pm

Thanks for all your tips ladies, buzz bee I am so glad you mentioned about the half cooled half boiled as I was thinking about doing that, that way your still boiling the formula up to kill any bacteria and still using sterile cool water to cool it down. I have a tin of formula in and thought about buying a few cartons of ready made for easiness for first couple nights if breast feeding doesn't hit it off. I have bought the TT bottles for that exact reason Buzzbee for transitioning from breast feeding if works, would eventually like to combination feed but it all depends on our little miss and mr x

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 12:06am

Nic - I didn't have my daughter in the UK, but I wasn't given the choice about the vitamin K and I thought it was the same in the UK that they are just given it standard when they are born as well as given the blood tests for thyroid etc, but I'm not 100% sure and will need to check myself! The bottles you use will all come down to your baby! My LO wouldn't touch a bottle for 5-6 months and then she occasionally got my breast milk from one until we stopped breastfeeding at 10/11 months. She was soooooo fussy with bottles - I tried everything. In the end she took the Dr Brown and they were fab. Don't be discouraged if they don't take to your bottles, but do try others if that is the case as they are all individual and have their own preferences even at that age!! When DD took formula for the very short time before taking cows milk I would do the fill a bottle half and I had one of those tommee tippee thermos flasks that I took everywhere! Get a little holder for the formula too. you measure out what you need and it can take 3 different feeds - think mine was an avent one. Can't recommend the flask highly enough because you always have water on tap for a bottle and it was great for us as we were often up a mountain walking or something! It is something extra to carry, but I thought VERY worth it.

Heather and Moggle - I am beside myself with excitement for you both! Can't wait to hear your lovely news.

I've been getting loads of braxton hicks - the other night they were coming every 5 mins and then just stopped as soon as I was seriously considering phoning maternity!

Hello to everyone else xxx

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 9:29am

Thanks AG, I haven't bought too many bottles as wasn't sure what ones the babies will prefer, I have heard good things about dr browns bottles. Will just wait and see how my little ones are when they arrive. I have read things about the vit k injection, maybe I am reading too much into it then, I think it's relatively new as my friends little ones didnt seem to have it a year and half ago. Unless they didnt think into things too much.

Oh for a spa day woth OH today which should be lovely, it was a chrimbo pressie and that's us just getting round to using it. Think will have a light massage and just a moisturising facial, be lovely to relax although I think my bump is slightly too big for my maternity swimsuit now x

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 10:49am

soooooo excited for u moogle and heather! also a lil jealous ha ha.

so i weighed myself last night for the first time since being preg and could have screamed i have put on 2 stone!!!! lol i really am eating way too much lol hows everyone elses weight gain x

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 11:59am

WMG, i'm too scared to stand on the scales. I know that when i'm pg i put on a lot of weight so i'm afraid i'm just going to bury my head in the sand and not worry about it until LO is here.

Nic, i used to give the vit k injections when i was a neonatal nurse and we (or the midwives) always asked mum's permission first and i dont think anyone ever said no. As Moogle and Lisa said, it doesn't do any harm so might as well have it. There is an oral version that can be given but it has to be given in 2-3 doses and i guess there's potential for it to be forgotten, whereas the injection is a one-off and its all done.

Hi AG, glad those BH's calmed down. I get loads of tightenings especially when i'm walking, my belly goes absolutely brick hard!!

Hiya Heather and Moogle, counting down the days and minutes now!!!

Hi to everyone else this lovely Sunday. We're off out to the Guardbridge Inn (EE) for lunch, its recently reopened!! Have a lovely day folks.

blowkiss xxx

Cherlou

Superstar

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 5:36pm

Hi all
So sorry for not keeping up, seem to be so busy and then crash with tiredness. Barely sleeping during the night at all.
It's interesting to read convo about bottles. Naively I have hardly bought anything like that and have bought no formula at all. I guess I will just get it if and when I need it. I did but a twin breastfeeding cushion tho. Cost a small fortune but am hoping it will be really helpful.
WMG I have put on 2 stone 4 :( seems to be goin on really quickly these last few weeks...but my appetitie has majorly increased too. I actually get really shaky and sick if I don't eat regularly. Is that normal at this point? I thought it was supposed to be the opposite!
Eek such an exciting week for heather and moggle...so can't wait to hear ur news xx
Nic I think u made right decision regarding c sec. It's so hard having to decide isn't it!! U sound pretty sorted tho...I must admit I'm a little terrified about how I will cope with two babies!! Starting to become so real now.
I have growth scan tues...think that's my last scan then before they come. Got consultant appointment same day although times r so far apart I will have to go/come home and then go back again which is a bit of a pain but hey.

Is it wierd I haven't noticed any BH girls? All I get is pain like trapped wind and I think that's cos I'm not going to the toilet well at the mo. TMI sorry!!
Also I noticed my leg hair hardly grows too... Can't remember who mentioned it but its def a perk.
Tummy measuring 41 inches now and looks like a purple tiger :(

Love to EE, RG, AG and everyone else.
RG hope ur meal was yum xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 5:57pm

Awww Cherlou dont be sad about the stretch marks they really do fade. I was wearing a bikini on hol last year so shows how faint they went (5years after my daughter that was) and as for the eating I don't stop either but to be honest you are bound to feel shaky etc if u don't eat as having one baby takes a lot from u never mind two! It's a great excuse to eat loads ;) lol wouldn't worry about not having bh... The longer u can escape them the better!
Lol

Rally girl I felt like that up til now but my friend kept egging me on to weigh myself... Why oh why did I do it ha ha but honestly doesn't bother me really as can always lose weight can't you.

Xx

What's Up?

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 8:20pm

Cher I get exactly the same if I don't eat regularly enough esp in the morning. About the weight gain I really panicked as I put loads of weight early on but it has levelled off although I'm eating loads. I reckon I've put more weight on this time. The weight will come off quickly as you'll be busy but try not to worry you'll be grand. I didn't have any BH with the girlies. 41 inches sounds great. I think I was about 48 with the girls. I'm 46 now and it's all bump : D

RG yes I'm counting the hours : D Hope your meal was yummy.

Nic spa day sounds fabulous.

Lots of love to you all xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 8:41pm

Hi girls,

Rally, I hope you had a lovely lunch. I haven't been there since my parents sold up, maybe 8 or 10 years ago! My dad visited a few weeks ago and said the place is looking great, what is the food like?

Nic, a spa day, how lovely what treatments did you have in the end?

WMG, I think I've put on 1 stone 7lbs, that was a week ago, but I've been so fed up with a I'd reflux that gets awful when I'm swimming or in the gym, I haven't done any exercise for 2 weeks now, I'm really feeling it in my legs and bum! That's only going to get worse! Hey ho all good fat storage for baby coming and breast feeding x

Cherlou, your purple tiger comment made me giggle, I'm sure you look just perfect, and they'll fade :winking:

Moogle and Heather, I'm very excited for you both biggrin2

AFM, met friends in Glasgow for our usual hair cut and lunch/ girlie catch up on Saturday, it was lots of fun. DP and I spent most of today in the garden pruning trees, well I mostly watched! It's been lovely to be in the sunshine, not looking forward to work tomorrow.

Love to everyone xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Easter eggs" (Jun 2nd 2013, 8:43pm)

Moogle

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 11:30pm

Evening all, hope you've had a smashing weekend :o)

Heather, in case i don't get back online this week I am wishing you all the best for Tuesday (or before!) and will be looking forward to catching up with your exciting news : D

Good advice about the boiled water for bottles ladies, I never thought about doing that before but will definitely keep it in mind if we end up bottle feeding this time round. Nic, I used the TT bottles to combination feed DS1 and they were great! So hopefully they'll be just the job for you too.

Sorry just a quickie tonight, still got loads to sort out for tomorrow, so I will pop back in for a proper catch-up with everyone as soon as possible!
Lots of love to all and bumps,
Lxxx

blowkiss

What's Up?

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 8:04pm

Thanks Moogle and good luck to you as well this week. Can't wait to read your news : D

Well got about 13 hours til we've to be in hospital in the morning and then it's a waiting game for the section in the afternoon. Just can't wait to have it over and done with and be holding our baby girl in our arms xx

Thanks for all the support during this journey xxx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 8:12pm

Oh Heather I'm so excited for you ( and a little jealous!!) that you get to meet your precious one tomorrow! Aww how lovely - feeling rather emotional for you! All be thinking and praying all goes well and can't wait to hear details of your newest family member.

I had a scan today and it appears I'd be having a section even if I had wanted other ways! I seem to carry breech babies! The midwife said some people just do! He was bum down legs up and she said it was highly unlikely he would turn and they wouldn't attempt to turn him given my previous section. Clarifies it even further for me that a section is right for me. Was so lovely to see him and I just can't wait to meet him in person now! Xxx

Cherlou

Superstar

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 8:21pm

Wishing u a world of luck HMC, can't believe tomo is the day. So so exciting and deserved!!

AG when will ur c section be? Think there's a fair few of us having them now. Hope ur not too disappointed? Least that decision is outta your hands.
Growth scan and consultant tomo so will update tomo.

Can't wait to hear Heathers news....:)

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

6 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

6 guests