You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Cherlou

Superstar

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Friday, May 17th 2013, 6:19pm

Thanks net...am sure I will have many more questions xxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Friday, May 17th 2013, 7:46pm

It's true once your milk comes in and have a good supply you feed and there will still be enough to express as babies may not take all your milk every time. My milk came in about day 3 but I only ever expressed it was by hand first couple of days for the colsotruum.

I know lots of ladies who have BF twins donuts certainly doable but it is good to be organised and take it as it comes xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Friday, May 17th 2013, 8:08pm

Thanks girls, lots to think about. I think I might buy a pump and some bottles closer to the time, then if I don't need them in the first few weeks I'll still be able to return. I was also looking at what type of bottles to get, someone told me about ones that help advoid colic. Reading the reviews on Amazon linked to Philips Avent, they seem to have that anti air flow built in. Maybe they all do? AG I'd you say Dr Browns had that too, they're also available on Amazon.

Good to see you Net, please feel free to continue to join in! x

xxx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (17.05.2013)

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Friday, May 17th 2013, 8:29pm

ive bought the tommee tippee complete starter set but as i said probably wont get pump til after having baby. the tommee tippee bottles have the airholes in the teats too x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Friday, May 17th 2013, 8:31pm

this may sound like a dumb question but do u still wind breastfeeding babys? do they still get wind? sorry if i sound a bit dumb but not breastfed before so may aswell ask lol x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

What's Up?

Friday, May 17th 2013, 9:33pm

I've gone for tommy tippee this time but last time i used avent and dr browns bottles. Sorry can't answer re Bf and winding because I obviously used bottles when expressing!! I imagine you do at some point but there will be someone who can answer.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Friday, May 17th 2013, 10:18pm

Westmidlandsgirl - yes you wind a breastfed baby just the same. Everything is the same except the feeding method really.

EE - Regarding bottles - Dr Browns have a blue insert in their bottles to make it a fully vented vacuum system, so the baby is less likely to get excess air and therefore less likely to have problems with colic etc. This is what makes their bottles different. I don't think any other brand has the same system. To be honest I don't think it really matters what bottles you use, if you have a windy/colicky/refluxy baby I think it's just down to the way they are. I breastfed for 10/11 months and was lucky that my LO really didn't have issues with any of those things and she really wasn't a messy/pucky baby either. I possibly have it coming this time!

Cherlou - regarding expressing - the more you feed/express, the more you produce. The key if you want to express is to get into a routine and do it regularly, so your body gets into the rhythm of it. It will be harder for you with twins and I'm not sure how twin mummies do it, but I often fed from one boob, then straight after expressed from the other and this seemed to work well. I would imagine if you fed both babies then left it until midway to their next feed, expressed then fed them again this might work, but it depends how much your LO's like to cluster feed! I found that part harder with breastfeeding. My LO did get herself into a good routine, but some days I felt she was on the boob all day! Bottle feeding babies will always wait until their next scheduled feed, but when breastfeeding you never really know how much milk they are getting, so I just demand fed. I loved feeding my LO, it was the best thing in the world and I really hope it all works out the same this time with this LO.

I had a c-section and my milk came in day 3, but they still get really fatty first milk in those 3 or so days when waiting for the proper milk. They reckon babies just need a few drops or so of the fatty first milk as their tummies are small and just with the whole adjusting to the big wide world and proper feeding.

We had our first night in our house last night and I just love being back! LO has been unsettled at bedtimes, but she isn't used to this house at all and I'm hoping this will get easier as she gets more settled. Now just to get the nursery ready and all my baby clothes/stuff washed and ready! Xxx

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Friday, May 17th 2013, 11:27pm

Heather and WMG, it was the Tommee Tippee closer-to-nature (or something like that!) bottles I used too. They were really good for making the transition from bottles to breastfeeding - something the midwives kept telling me was impossible... not so! I had problems with the Tommee tippee pumps though, electric and manual, so will probably try another brand this time.

I hope it all works out beautifully for all you ladies planning to BF. It's not easy for everyone, darned difficult at times! - but definitely worth the effort if you can. I'm hoping for me it'll be easier this time around, but at the same time I won't beat myself up if it doesn't work out - I spent too much time stressing about it with F and maybe didn't enjoy those precious early days as much as I should have.

Love to all xxxx
blowkiss

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

What's Up?

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 7:57am

It can be true sometimes the amount of pressure to BF. I might have missed the closeness of BF but they still got the goodness by me expressing and so are very close now so I would def say to anyone who wants to BF if it doesn't work out try not to be too disappointed. Those first few days are so precious.

Can't believe I've only got 2 weeks 3 days til she's here : D I definitely feel like she has dropped a little. Loads of pressure down below and heartburn has eased a bit. I managed a walk in the sun yesterday around the park with DH and was so lovely.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 10:29am

hi ladies, wow its very busy in here and loving all the BF cinvo..im not planning to BF but find it all very interesting. I did try to BF jayden but only managed it for 2-3 days, my breasts were soooo sore, I would cry the whole time he was latched on and I just couldnt take it.especially as I was as so sore down below aswell and then with the day 3 hormonal meltdown to contend with it, it was too much lol. he took sttaight to the botrle anyway and DH loved feeding him and helping out during the night it was def the right decision for me.
I plan to BF for the first couple of days again so he geta all the really important good stuff but after that he will be on the bottle.also having two little ones I dont think ill have the time anyway to do it properly and will be thankful that visitors can help me out when they come over by giving the odd feed lol

ive got tommee tippee bottles again this time, I cant fault them.

cher im so sorry youve got some stretchmarks now, I can understand how disappointed u are but like you said with twins its probably unavoidable...just remember your doing a fantastic job and are growing not one but two gorgeous healthy babies in there...its fantastic they are such a good size and you should be very proud. the marks will seem at their worst now but they will fade and be alot less noticable. bio oil will help afterwards to calm them down. I got some marks on my breasts when I was preg with jayden and since ive been preg this time ive covered then in bio oil every day and now I cant see the marks at all, they have literally disappeared, so may be worth u giving it a go.
what cream u been using?

well big hello to everyone and hugs to those lovely bumps. have a great weekend
x x x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lisa Lou" (May 18th 2013, 10:31am)

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 8:05pm

Hey Cher sorry I forgot to say yes I have loads of stretchmarks anyway from dd which are now re stretching and going purple also have lots of new ones too pretty gross but all worth it lol and u was always bound to get some with twins wasn't u lol but again all worth it cause who cares about those stretchmarks when u have your little ones in your arms

Argh even my maternity clothes aren't fitting bump now lol can't believe I have just under 9wks left eeek x

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 1:26pm

Hi girls,

Cherlou, sorry about your stretch marks, I'm sure we'll call get them at some point in our pregnancies. They should fade through; I've also heard good things about Bio oil.

I wanted to ask everyone about bedding. I can see either cotton, or jersey cotton sheets. They're both 100% cotton, I'm just not sure which is best. Any thoughts?

xxx

What's Up?

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 2:54pm

I use the cotton ones during summer and when it's colder switch to the jersey ones as i think they feel warmer and more cosy.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 5:21pm

Oh and Cherlou I have to say I don't think creams work as when I was pregnant with my daughter I used cocoa butter 3times a day from around 12wks to the end of pregnancy and I still ended up like a map of England. They say if its in your genes to get stretch marks you will get them regardless. Creams may help them fade quicker after though possibly x

What's Up?

Monday, May 20th 2013, 2:39pm

Sorry ladies i do reckon most of it is genetic as I never borrowed using anything with my twins or this pregnancy and I don't have any and i truly looked like i had swallowed a space hopper.

I know a friend who had a really bad scar on her arm and she used a special cream that worked fantastically at reducing it. Can't remember the name but think it was also for stretch marks. Maybe worth asking a pharmacist after LO(s) is out.

Had another scan this morning and baby is coming in about 7.5lbs already : D Everything else is looking good xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Cherlou

Superstar

Monday, May 20th 2013, 3:39pm

Great size Heather. Very reassuring.
Thanks for all ur support girls, I agree think its either gonna happen or it's not. My bump is big but not as big as it could be considering theirs two inside but I have loads. Neither my mum or my sister did tho but who knows.
How's everyone today? I am shattered!! Keep getting overhot as well and cheeks really flush! Starting to lose my glow and look gross. Least I'm off now tho!!
Xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 9:26am

cher i never had a glow! lol

dont know whether to be concerned or not but feels like little man has dropped and feeling alot of pressure down below. and sorry if tmi but could swear ive had bits of my plug coming out since yday. i was up every 2-3hours last night with peeing and not being able to get comfortable. Dont know if im being paranoid or what lol x

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 9:48am

Oh WMG how exciting!!! I know you are early and hopefully it's just a false labour or getting ready but if you are in doubt I would ring the hospital. They say you know when you are in labour but if you think you are they can try to stop it do LO stays put for a bit longer cooking time : D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hmcfeather" (May 21st 2013, 9:50am)

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 10:20am

Morning ladies, getting busy in here its so exciting. Loving all your chat about breast feeding, Cher we gonna give it a bash too but ideally would love to combination feed and I really want DP to be able to feed and have the same bond with the twinnies.

Wow him feather what a great weight and Cher your twinnies sound like they are doing so well 2. Our twinnies are both measuring well over 4 1/2 lbs at 32 weeks so happy with that although suppose its not a hundred percent accurate its still good to know they are healthy weights.

I don't think I have any stretch marks yet, its hard to tell with all the veins etc lol although I don't think I have ever had a stetch mark in my life so don't know if I would know what I was looking for. I am expecting a fair few as boy my belly has stretched.

WMG I have heard that some people loose bits of mucus plug early and don't go onto labour for a good few weeks after but still give your triage a wee call, it may just be a change in discharge as you are in the later stages now. As him feather said there are drugs in place which allow labour to stop if it is that and also give babies injection to boost lung development in case of early appearance. Although I am sure it will just be a hormonal change x x x

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 10:40am

dont wanna seem over paranoid and im constantly tooing and frowing from hosp but think im going to see how i get on and if it gets worse i will call them i think x

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 4:01pm

How you getting on WMG? Xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Cherlou

Superstar

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 5:11pm

WMG I would 100% call and get a little advice hun...anything that has u worried u should chase up. Plus u r so early so if there is any chance they r wanting to make a move u want to get help to keep them in/steroids etc to make sure lungs develop ok. I think our bodies r changing daily at this point so it could all be normal I guess?
Nic those weights sound v similar to mine...great stuff. Lucky u with no stretch marks :) U will know when u get them mind...they r purple and evil!!! I have given up caring about them now mind, made my peace with them I guess. Hoping I don't get any more mind!!
HMC how r u? Enjoying maternity??

I had consultant again today and have finally made decision to have c section. I thought they would give me loads of advice but they didn't at all. He simply said they can't advise what's best with twins. I said I want them to come into the world the safest way and he seemed fine with that. So my c section is now booked for 17th June as they r fully booked on 14th. Not overly sure how I feel, part of me sad I won't do it naturally and am naturally a little scared about having the op. I want to enjoy my time with my little ones and am worries how much pain I will be in after. But then millions of people have c sections don't they so fingers crossed mine will be all ok. I have scan/appointment on 4th June and then go in 14th for pre assessment. They also said I will have two shots of steroids to help babies as they r bein born early. It is exciting isn't it.

Am so v tired today and been a bit teary. Prob hormones. Chocolate definitely helping.

Hope all u ladies r hanging in there xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 7:26pm

Hi ladies, hubby booked the day off work last min so he could watch our daughter while I relaxed... We picked her up from school together and I felt terrible got back and had a little nap feeling a little better now just seems I can't walk anywhere without being in pain or struggling to breathe or anything. Defo going to have an early night tonight I think. Only a week til my next scan and consultant appointment so providing I don't start to feel worse will just ask about it then if I do get. Worse tho will defo be going up the hosp... Sure my fam think I'm a hypochondriac lol.

Cher I would have chose c section too if I were u at least u know they will come into the world peacefully with no surprises.

Hope everyone else is well?

X

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 9:10pm

WMG - so pleased you've been able to relax, but you should still seek medical advice if you have any doubts at all. Take care of yourself.

Cherlou - don't worry about the stretch marks, they may not be so bad once things settle. I didn't get any with my daughter, but this time I notice more. Rubbing bio oil on like mad! It has been a big day for you with delivery decisions,so no wonder you are feeling a bit hormonal. I have heard lots of success stories about delivery of twins vaginally, but I think if I was in the same position as you I'd have done exactly the same. I'd be too worried about that second twin. You really don't have long to go!! Exciting!!

Few tips RE: sections! Be prepared as in fill your freezer. We had enough meals for about a month! It was SUCH a blessing. Make sure you are organised, especially if you are used to driving because you won't be able to for 6 weeks. Get your DH on board and have him help you with lifting babies as much as possible. My DH would lift them to me at night in the first few weeks, I'd feed and then he would settle her. You need to make sure you get rest to help your recovery. Drink loads of water and try to walk a little bit each day to get the blood flowing. Start with tiny amounts and build up. If people offer to help accept it - get them to clean or bring you dinners, practical stuff that will help. I found the whole scar thing scary and so invested in loads of big pull in pants. I wore then for months and I felt they really supported my scar once the dressings came off. I got mine on eBay and I think they were called magic black firm control knickers and they were about £8 a pair. They were supportive, but not too tight!

Not a lot to report with me other than I'm massive and VERY low this time! Having lots of muscular pain and not the best pregnancy, but trying to make the most of it because I'm not planning to have any more! Famous last words!! Hope you are all well. Xxxx

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 9:29pm

AG that's the way i feel about this pregnancy. It has been hard and I'm tired now but still trying my hardest to enjoy these last few days as I know I'll miss my bump so much afterwards. Having said that DH said the other day it would be nice to have a little boy and he couldn't see our frosties destroyed so you never know!!!

Cher glad you've made a decision that you are happy with. I found I recovered very quickly afterwards. Within a couple of days getting out of hospital I was back slowly putting on the washing and pottering about. I lifted the girls and was able to do everything I needed apart from drive. My DH took a months leave which was fab and made life so much easier in those tiring but fabulous first few weeks : D Another huge help to me in those weeks was keeping a feeding and pee/poo diary. I had a page for each girl and made it so much easier. HVs keep asking about feeding times/amounts/if they were peeing/pooing etc and in the haze it was hard to remember who'd had what. It was a nuisance to keep a times but definitely helped, especially at times when trying to work out if they were hungry etc.

WMG definitely go get checked out if you're not happy with what's happening xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Wednesday, May 22nd 2013, 11:47am

well pain got bit worse last night tried to sleep it off but i called hosp just as getting pains down below and as i have the stitch put in they want me to come in said may need to stay the night but well c x

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: Nil

Wednesday, May 22nd 2013, 12:42pm

Cher, Nic and Heather what pram/pushchair have or did u purchase for your twins? Dd u get two cots, Moses baskets, high chairs and bouncers etc etc?

Thanks. :xxx:

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 22nd 2013, 2:28pm

hi everyone, hope your all well and bumps growong nicely. its great some of you have dates for c.sec, must be sooo exciting to know exactly when your babies will be here! west midgirl how did u get on at hospital? hope ypur ok and labour hasnt started.

went shopping yestersay and brought some lovely little outfits for my little soldier, they are so cute...spent £90 in mothercare but couldn't resist!

9 weeka to go for me now, cannot believe its so close but then looking at size of me people cant believe baby isnt due now lol! x

Lisa Lou
babydust

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Wednesday, May 22nd 2013, 5:26pm

hey ladies still in hosp they are keeping me in to keep an eye on the pains/contractions x

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 22nd 2013, 6:34pm

WMG hospital is the best place for them to monitor you and they can stop things if necessary.

Mrs G yes i bought two of everything because it's not really possible to share the hinge apart from maybe the cot until they reach about 6 months. I had the Easywalker duo as my main pram and also a much lighter Mamas and Papas twin buggy.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Wednesday, May 22nd 2013, 7:57pm

WMG I'm sure everything will be just fine but I'm glad you decided to get checked out, sounds like you're in the best place. Praying that it all settles down for you x

AG I remember you saying last time that you stock piled your freezer, I'll certainly take your lead and do the same...think cooking will be how I'll spend the 3 weeks prior to LO arriving! I just need to clear out all the things we've got in there festering!

Lisa, I was like you a few weeks ago, I keep pulling all the babygrows I've bought so far out, they're so cute!

Cherlou, so exciting the 17th is so close :weehee:

I feel like I'm expanding by the day now. People still tell me I'm 'neat' but I don't think that'll continue for long! I give my belly button 3 more days before its well and truly an outie! Is anyone else still getting bad acid reflux? I have days when the acid just doesn't stop no matter how much gavisgon or rennies I take. I had to get out of the swimming pool this evening to throw up all the acid whoops3 not pleasant, but I shouldn't really complain since that's a all I've had.

Love to everyone blowkiss

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 10:09am

Morning ladies with bumps

Well cherlou upon closer inspection I am sure I have 2 stretch marks, it really is hard to tell with the road map of blue veins. I too have also struggled with the decision of natural verses c section. I kinda wish the decision was made for me. I would love a natural birth purely for recovery but then I am being told about all the risks. My DP is going to be off for only 2 weeks and as much as we have a great supportive family they all work and would struggle to be able to help when DP is at work. By 2 weeks what should I be able to do. I am so scared about not managing but surely I can lift my babies and feed them, interact with them etc. I have had several laparoscopies and tubal removals and recovered well and quickly but a c section is a different ball game altogether x

Mrs G we have went for the bugaboo donkey twin, I swore I didn't want a side by side aswell but fell in love with how practical it is and it's so modern and suits us to a T. I just hope I love it. The carrycots and seats are really compared to others and looking at the wheels it's not actually much wider than a big single pram except when car seats are fitted on top. It folds down pretty small too.

WMG I hope you are ok and you are def in the right place for being monitored etc. take care Hunni and keep us posted x

Getting new kitchen this weekend feeling rather stressed by it all already and nothing has started yet, only have about 4 and half weeks to go now and I just hope it's finished well in enough time to start cooking off meals for freezing for when babies arrive, needing suggestions what could make as running low on inspiration, thinking lasagne, chicken casserole, chilli, spaghetti Bol etc x

Anyway still lying in bed I better get up and stop being lazy but had something on every day since starting mat leave and not had any chill time x x

What's Up?

Friday, May 24th 2013, 7:20am

Nic I was able to do pretty much everything after about a week. They have you up and moving about the day after the op so you should be ok when DP is back to work.

The bugaboo looks beautiful as well. You're making me wish I was having another set of twinnies again :snigger:

Hope the new kitchen goes in with no hassles. I've to be honest and say I didn't have any food pre-prepared. Guess I wasn't that organised last time!!

WMG hope you're doing ok hun.

How's everyone else doing? I've been feeling sick and sore again. Thought maybe it was happening last night but although I'm still sore this morning it hasn't got loads worse so can't be!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: Nil

Friday, May 24th 2013, 7:43am

Heather, Nic thanks for your help - I'm 20 weeks on Sunday and just been thinking of shopping list - we went to the Baby Show at the NEC and to be honest I was baffled! Bought nothing and came out fed up with the amount of stuff I need to get and confused about the make/model of things!

We have opted for the Bugaboo Donkey too! It's much narrower than some of the other twin prams we've seen. Got scan next Thursdy to find out what sex they r!

Thanks for your help ladies and good luck!
:xxx:

Cherlou

Superstar

Friday, May 24th 2013, 9:03am

Hi all
Quick post as need to eat my lazy butt in shower. I woke up at 4 starving and couldn't get back to sleep. Now I feel drowsy!
WMG I hope ur ok lovely...keep us posted if u can.
Mrs G we have bought the icandy peach blossom twin. We looked at the bugaboo but we found it was too wide for us as we live in London and it would be very hard to get around. Plus my front doors not that wide. It is a gorgeous pram tho an in an ideal world I would of loved a side by side. I'm pleased with my icandy so far tho and we will swap for a side by side stroller as they get a little bigger.

Be back laters to catch up with everyone. Been a little worried as not felt much Movement from our little girl since yest. Now I think I'm probably overworrying but am trying to really focus on her movements. If I'm still worried later I will go triage but hoping to avoid that if poss. There's always something to worry about isn't there!xxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Cherlou

Superstar

Friday, May 24th 2013, 9:05am

Nic great meal ideas...I wasn't sure what to make either. Curries etc? I need some Tupperware first tho!!

Good luck with the kitchen xx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, May 24th 2013, 11:11am

Just sticking my two pennies worth in on stretchmarks - I can highly recommend Palmers Cocoa butter for stretch marks. I used it with DS and have no stretchmarks. My mum is covered in them from her pregnancies with me and my brother and I feared I would be the same. Thankfully not. I have yet to see a stretchmark with this pregnancy and I am huge already!

WMG - hope you're OK and being looked after in hospital.

Counting down the weeks until I can join the third tri LOL!

xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Friday, May 24th 2013, 12:21pm

Him feather, fantastic, it has been worrying me a little, at antenatal last nyt midwife asked what plans were, I mentioned changing mind to section, she seemed really for natural and 3 of her friends went natural without any hiccups. I just don't know, I wish the decision could be made for me. Hope your yucky feelings ease off x

I am so in luv with the bugaboo, Cher it was between that and the icandy for us too, it won't fit in front door for us either if we have car seats on but we figured if out a walk we would just go round back and lift carrycot in one at time when ready to come in or just leave chassis in boot of car. It was a very difficult decision and you very near need a mortgage for a twin pram. The I candy are lovely looking. I too have been worrying lots about our little misses movements and have been to triage, its so hard telling them apart, then I think she moves then worry its her brother kicking her so feels like she is moving. Just don't think she is as active as her bro, mmm curries, yeah I will need to stock up on tubs x

Mrs G we were much later before we bought anything as well and I kept walking out of shops with nothing thinking what the hell do we start with. We didnt decide on pram till we were 27 weeks. We have most in now thankfully but clothes wise we stuck to vests and baby grows as I figure most people will buy outfits. I am so gutted though as we usually have baby show in glasgow and for years have been desperate to have an excuse to and this year, when we have the best excuse, it's not bloody on. Exciting finding out what your having, we are boy and girl it's just so perfect. We opted for pink hood and blue hood on black bugaboo, what colour did you go for x

Well day 1 of kitchen has begun and I am adamant I an not getting stressed out, we have made a make shift kitchen in living room which isn't as bad looking as I thought it would be, babies just need to stay well put. We may end up not managing to cook off lots of food, the quicker the kitchen is done the better x

Gosh that was a long post, sorry if missed anyone, happy Friday everyone x

Moogle

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Friday, May 24th 2013, 1:38pm

Hey ladies and bumps, it's all getting very exciting in here innit? Just think, in a few weeks or less there are going to be BABIES! bab10 bab11

WMG, hoping all is ok with you hun and they are taking good care of you in hospital xxx
Cher, hopefully your little lady is wriggling about loads more now. Please don't hesitate to go up to triage though if you're still concerned... she will be absolutely fine, but that's what the midwives are there for. They'd far rather you went up for a wee check than got into a panic at home. I've been up to our lot loads, even with my 3-year-old in tow, but it's definitely worth it for the reassurance. I think it's amazing you can tell which of the babies is moving at any one time! Carrying twins must be so strange and wonderful xxx
Heather - wow just clocking your ticker hun! Not long till you meet your LO now... xxx

My stretch marks experience: With DS1 I had none until about 36 weeks - I really thought I was going to escape them! But alas no, I ended up with loads. And I keep getting more with every pregnancy :rollseyes: Unfortunately due to my eczema I couldn't use any of the specialist remedies like Bio-Oil, Cocoa Butter etc, but I did find the marks faded in the months after giving birth by lashing on emollient cream and exercising. Swimming really toned up my stomach, which helped to smooth out the "puckering" from stretch marks, and luckily mine didn't stay red or blue or purple but faded to a nice subtle skin-colour! Hoping it'll be the same again this time xfingers

AFM, all is ticking along quietly. Last check-up I was kidding on with my consultant that next week I'm just going to bring my hospital bag along and not leave until baby is delivered... and he said that was definitely an option! So we are now seriously considering doing that. Guess I should get a little more organised then... ;)

Hi to Nic, EE, Lisa, AG and anyone else popping in, catch up again soon xxxx
blowkiss

Friday, May 24th 2013, 9:15pm

Hi ladies back out of hosp now things settled a bit and they said they think just bad Braxton hicks (never remember them being that painful lol). Still getting the pains but not as bad. Feeling SO huge now it's so uncomfortable and stretch marks are going haywire now!

Re the stretchmark convo buzz bee it was palmers cocoa butter that I used to use 3 times a day from about 12 weeks of pregnancy to the end and I still got COVERED in stretch marks (with my first pregnancy with my daughter)... Also I didn't have any with my daughter til a lot later on because I like moogle i thought I got away with it then last few weeks they attacked lol. X

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, May 25th 2013, 7:40am

Glad to hear you're out of hospital WMG.

Oh no, maybe I just got lucky then with the Palmers :)
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

What's Up?

Saturday, May 25th 2013, 5:54pm

WMG glad you're out of hospital. I know exactly what you're going through. Too many times I've been in loads of pain and thought this is it only for the pains to subside 6-12 hours later. Know I keep thinking how bad will labour be in comparison as these are pretty bad!!

Nic you do what feels right. You could always do what I'm doing this time which is have a section date booked but if info earlier you can see how you go. I know the section was right for my girls but feel differently this time round. I guess maybe last time I just felt they were so precious I was willing to take the risks on me rather than have any complications with their delivery, iykwim?

Buzzbee I believe that stretch marks are just one of those things you either get or don't. But the creams are nice to use for your skin and a bit of pampering.

Moogle that'd be great if you can deliver as soon as that. I'm sure you'll feel so much more relieved when baby is here. It is even better than my ticker looks as you can take 5 days off that as I'm delivering come what may at 39 +2 so only got a maximum of 10 days til she's here : D

Hope everyone else is good. Took girls swimming this morning and then out to a play park as its beautifully sunny today. They've loved it but think I may have overdone it a little. I'm knackered now!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Saturday, May 25th 2013, 9:53pm

Hello ladies,

Just a quickie to see how you are all doing! Things are hotting up in here and we'll have some babies soon! So exciting!

Few tips regarding freezing food - If you use freezer bags you'll be able to squeeze so much more in your freezer! Good things to freeze are soups, quiches, stews, goulash, Moroccan chicken, spag Bol meat sauce, lasagne, curry, chicken and leek or beef and ale pie (or both!) I suppose it depends how much you cook from scratch - I'm very into my homemade cooking. A slow cooker is an excellent investment as well. I use mine all the time, just throw it all in and it cooks! Things like kedgeree and fish are good quick meals as they don't take much Prep and are quite quick and easy.

All fine here. Shattered and still being sick, but coping just! My toddler is really testing things just now too! Baby is moving heaps and I'm sure is breech (!) which doesn't matter given I'm having a section, but will be interesting to see when I get my scan next week. Or maybe its the week after, next week I've got the midwife. Appointments galore!

Hope you are all having lovely weather xxx

What's Up?

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 10:58am

Oh AG I'm sorry you're still being sick. That must be so wearing. I have one that is misbehaving a lot at the mo. Her temper is ferocious and instantaneous over the most minor things. I try my best to ignore her and not give her attention for misbehaving but it's hard at times. She's very much my little lady and not sure if she's worrying about baby's arrival. She's definitely not very enamoured by the thought of the baby!!

One little lady wet the bed lady night and after I got her sorted I had the most awful pains and couldn't get comfortable at all in any position. I was walking about for ages. I finally managed to get comfy about half four and fell asleep. Bit sore this morning but not too bad.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 8:30pm

Heather - Unfortunately yes the sickness is awful! I'm not being sick as frequently as before, but when I am it's horrid! It will all be worth it I keep telling myself! I do wonder if they are worried about the changes and my LO has had so much change recently too.

We've had lovely weather these past few days - I'm hoping it lasts! Xx

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Sunday, May 26th 2013, 9:10pm

hello everyone, are u enjoying the bank hol weekend? it was lovely and hot here today.m we had a bbq with my two sisters, two nephews ad my dad. jayden loved it, he adores his cousins and was charging around all day playing, it was lovely to watch.
went to my best friends baby shower yesterday, she is due in 5 weeks. she got sooo many lovely presents was great to see her get spoilt.
hoping its gonna be hot again tomorrow, but wont hold ny breath this is england after all.
baby has defo had another growth spurt , bump feels bigger and he is very active in there always prodding and poking me lol.
how r u all and what have u been doing this weekend? x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Monday, May 27th 2013, 11:13am

Hi girls,

AG, I'm sorry to hear you're still being sick, that must really be taking the life out of you :thumbdown:

Heather, only a few days to go, so very exciting :biggrin: I hope your little lady settles down. My niece was not at all happy about having a baby brother, she was 2 when he was born, but from that day she's adored him...although she did tip a potty of pee on him last week whoops3 I'm sure I wouldn't have laughed as much as I did had I been her mum!

WMG I'm glad everything is fine, sounds like you're getting pretty painful Braxton Hicks, I hope they ease up x

Nic, not long for you either with 2 on the way. I hope your kitchen is finished quickly, I think it took about a week for ours a few years ago...but definitely need workmen out of he house for babies' arrival! The Bugaboo is lovely, great choice x

AFM spent Saturday and Sunday doing a bit of gardening then basking in the sunshine. 6 more weeks at work, then on maternity leave, I cannot wait for LO to arrive and praying for a good summer. I've been feeling less movement recently which has been sending me nuts, yesterday I was sure I hadn't felt any movement at all, DP kept stroking my tummy and telling LO off for worrying me asking for a kick or two but nothing. So this morning I decided to call the Midwife, but had quite a few movements really low down so decided against it....I'm wondering if baby has moved round and is now breach which is why I can't feel as much, my placenta is anterior so maybe it's shielding kicks? I have a midwife appointment on Thursday I'll try to hold off for that.

love to Lisa, Mogle, Cherlou and anyone else I've missed xxx

Moogle

Monday, May 27th 2013, 12:06pm

Hey everyone, hope you're all having a lovely Monday so far : D

WMG, glad to hear you're home now and everything is fine with you and bubs. You must've got a right wee fright hun. My BH can be quite uncomfortable, but not really painful, but I have of heard quite a few other ladies having painful ones... xfingers they ease off a bit until it's time for the real thing! xx
AG, you poor thing - that's awful you're being so sick. Is it still pregnancy sickness? Hope you're otherwise well and settling back in nicely in sunny (?) Scotland! xx
Good to hear all well with you Lisa, hope the sun is still shining for ya today 88) It's not up here unfortunately... xx
EE: it's not unusual to still go a while at 31 weeks without feeling much movement, especially if baby is breech - my LO was breech too up until a couple of weeks ago and I definitely felt a lot less then. If you're still not feeling much today though please call your MW, they can get pretty annoyed if you don't tell them about reduced movements! And it will probably just take a wee trip to hospital, 20 minutes on a CTG monitor and bubs will be jiggling away like nobody's business - very much worth it for the reassurance xx

Just thinking how differently the toddlers are reacting to the imminent new arrivals! My boy is very excited and can't wait for LO to be here - he is obsessed with cuddling my bump and keeps telling us how much he loves "Mummy's baby"... it's so cute and he has been good as gold, but somehow I think his attitude is going to change hugely once she's here... ;) I do remember he was very hard work when I was pregnant last time though.

I'm having a lovely lazy day today: F is at his Granny's and DH is working, the weather is cack after a lovely couple of days, so I'm just going to lounge about the house. We did a bit of work in the garden at the weekend, so I'm thinking now I have some privacy it might be time to get to work on my other garden, iykwim! :snigger: Could be tricky, as I haven't actually been able to see the old girl for a few months already - any tips would be appreciated! ;)

Hiya to Heather, Nic, Cher and all you other ladies with bumps, and lots of love to all xxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moogle" (May 27th 2013, 12:13pm)

Cherlou

Superstar

Monday, May 27th 2013, 1:17pm

Hi all
Moogle that cracked me up!! : D I haven't seen mine for ages either. Out of sight/out of mind!! Have u got a smaller mirror that u can put on side so u can see ur "garden"? That's what I have done when shaving. I'm not a waxed...too scared!! Sounds like ur having a nice lazy one. It's sunny here but meant to rain loads Tomo.
WMG glad ur back home lovely. Im not sure if I've had BH or not... Sometimes I do feel tightness but no pain as such. I hope urs ease a wee bit but at least they r preparing u for the birth.,,isn't that what they r meant to do?
Ag sorry ur sick. They say it can reappear at the end don't they? I must admit I have started to feel much more nauseous again...if I don't eat often enough I feel terrie and if I eat something greasy I feel really sick. Chocolates ok tho...phew!! Not long left now tho for u :)
EE I have an anterior placenta and I barely feel my little lady. Whenever I have a scan she is wriggling away but I just don't feel it. I send my life worrying about movement but try to put off going up to triage as it takes so long and they r always fine. But keep monitoring and go up if ur worried, I have been once and I was glad I did.
Lisa hope ur still enjoying the sun x
HMC I totally sympathise with the ncomfortable nights. I barely sleep what with hourly (no exageration!!) toilet trips and my huge tummy. It's so hard to move aroundin bed and getting up and down to go to the loo is a struggle! On a good note tho my cramps have eased a little.
Buzzbee I have used stretch mark creams since day 1 and felt pretty chuffed not to have any. In space of 3 weeks I now have a zillion purple marks and each day there is more. They are now above my belly button too. I have a little huff and DH tells me off and then I get over it. I do worry what I will look like after....will I be left with shrivelly, scarred skin? But as DH says its all worth it to get to be a mum....something I truly believed wasn't going to happen for me.
Love to anyone I've missed.

Had a nice weekend with DH. We went for afternoon tea in London and to see a show on Saturday night which was fab. It's my 30th Tomo....eek ....so we had a little celebration. We r out later on this aft with Nct buddies for a pizza and I may even have my first little glass of something. What do u think? I haven't had one drink, just a few sips of dhs wine every now And then but I kinda feel like I want to toast my birthday. Not sure if I will or not...will see.

Anyways off to watch DH put up a shelf. Fun times :)

Xxxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Monday, May 27th 2013, 3:48pm

Hi Ladies

Hope you dont mind me dropping in as i'm not yet 29 wks but according to other books etc i'm already in 3rd tri, bit confusing!! It is so very quiet in 2nd tri now and because i dont work, i need regular input from everyone to keep me sane.

I'll have a catch up with you all and do a proper post tomorrow.

Happy Bank Holiday!! Weather here is totally poop so just having a lazy day indoors.

blowkiss xxx

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests