You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Cherlou

Superstar

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 6:07pm

How rude of the midwife to say that WMG! I think I will just wear out what I wear in. Has to be loose anyways incase I have c section.
HMC thanks for the advice hun...will chuck a few extra nighties in. Babies have so much more packed then I do. No idea how long I will stay in for either. Do u feel up to returning to work? If not get ur sick note extended, v hard to go back after being off.
WMG does that mean baby is big? Sorry not clued up on all this?! Know what u mean about weather...it's clothes that r the killer as I have v little summery things that fit my elephant body!!

Appointment fine...there for 3 hours they were so delayed. Never got to see consultant again as he was on labour ward. Didn't really do much just blood pressure and urine etc. quick scan to check they were both ok which they were. I have my actual growth scan next week so will get an idea of size.
Then at 36 weeks we will discuss my birthing options. Don't know what I want to do?? C section or natural???

Xxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 6:40pm

Hey cherlou are they both in correct position to have the choice to have natural? And I am the same with clothes my summery stuff is all too small so been sweating hot all day but was wearing vest top and got burnt just from taking my daughter to school! And yeah it means he is big because they have 3lines don't they on the chart the lowest one is small middle is average and top line is bigger than average mine is just slightly below that but knew he. Was big from last scan anyway he's measuring around 2weeks bigger than average size... We worked out if he gains half a pound a wk from last scan he wud be 9lb at term whoops3 lol bound to be over 8lb at least as I was when born so are all babies in my family and our daughter was 8lb 5oz so thinking he will be biggish either way lol x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "WESTMIDSGIRL" (May 7th 2013, 6:43pm)

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 8:48am

Mornin' all! Hope all's good in bumpland :)

Glad your appointment went well Cherlou - 3 hours is crazy long for them to keep you waiting though! Good you're back in next week. I sympathise with you on the birth options - I'm not sure whether to opt for section or not either. Hopefully we've a good bit time left to decide eh? ;)

WMG, I stopped the iron tablets after a few days as they were making me so ill! My consultant was happy enough with that as he thought my levels were only low because of the vomiting bugs and the IV drip I'd had. Think I'm to have another blood count done soon though, just to check. You were fine with them before weren't you? hopefully be the same again for ya. Sounds like you've got a big bouncing boy in there ;)

Good luck going back to work Heather, will you be able to take it easy when you're back?

As for packing clothes for hospital, I was in the chavvy tracksuit brigade both times - so comfy! I was in for 4 days after having DS1 so it was nice to have something other than nighties, plus the ones I'd bought were rubbish for bf-ing, so I found it much easier just to unzip the trackie top for that! Though second time round I got home the same night so didn't really need any extra clothes (apart from undies). Like Heather i wore my maternity stuff for a good wee while afterwards too.

Am very jealous of all your lovely weather :o) We've only had one day of sunshine recently (yesterday), the holiday weekend was a washout! DH was off on Monday so we had a nice day out, took the wee fella to soft play - it was fab to let hubby run round after him while I sat with a cuppa and a book for a few hours ;) Went out for a bite to eat afterwards too, and I even bit the bullet and bought a cute little romper suit for bubs! I figured I'd like her to have a couple of new things packed for hospital rather than just all F's hand-me-downs. That'll probably be it though - the real shopping will start when xfingers xfingers we bring baby home.

Take care everyone xxxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 9:05am

My two love soft play areas and I love to see them running and climbing. It's so good for them.

Do you have a preference re birth options Moogle? I hate iron tablets too. They have such yucky side effects. I had them after having girls from the blood loss after the girls but I stopped them after a week. Bad enough looking after newborn twins without not being able to poo :snigger:
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 9:41am

lol to be fair i was pretty ok with them other than makin it a bit harder to go and changing the colour when i did go lol oh well x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 2:29pm

Good afternoon, just thought I woul keek my head in third tri.

Still feel its all a dream, so amazing.

Feel pretty organised in the fact that we have something for our little bubbas to sleep in and wear when they arrive in at least 5 weeks time, no earlier now lil miss and lil mr, I hope your listening lol.

Just chilling today, took day off work, so having a relaxing bath as I type. Hope your all keeping well x

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 8:03pm

Hi nic nice to hear from u started to wonder what had happened to u.... How exciting 5weeks!

Is anyone else getting painful movements? This little one is poking things out here there and everywhere and stretching me as much as I can stretch lol x

What's Up?

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 6:58pm

WMG yes I can totally sympathise with you. I am sore pretty much everywhere and struggling pretty badly moving at all!!

I saw doc today and baby is weighing in at 6lbs already and she mentioned a good layer of fat on her belly : D She checked my cervix which is slightly shorter but still well closed. I really thought I was in labour last night as contractions were really painful and getting worse but I went to bed and they eventually went away : D I reckon she's just teasing me and will stay put til she's due :snigger:
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 8:13pm

awww heather she is going to be a bigg'en then?! i keep getting loadsa braxton hicks lately starting to get really uncomfortable some of them my belly goes so hard its like concrete with a layer of skin on ha ha x

Moogle

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 10:54pm

Hi ladies, good to see it busying up in here : D

Lovely to see you back Nic and glad to hear everything going well with the twinnies - 5 weeks isn't long to go at all :)

WMG, I wouldn't say I've ever had actual painful movements with any of mine, but they can be pretty uncomfortable at times - especially with wee feet riverdancing on my bladder or a fist trying to punch its way out Alien-style! Love it all though, so reassuring :)

Ooh Heather - I don't think your little lady is going to hang around till due date ;)

Another Thursday, another scan for us today - LO looking fine but is now in breech position so a section may be looking more likely, as I really don't want them to try and manually turn baby. I had hoped to avoid the sunroof, having given birth the downstairs route twice before, but at the end of the day I just want what's safest for bubs. So, we have a provisional delivery date now of 10th June - only a month away! I'll be just over 37 weeks then, so there's still a chance we might go the week before if I'm really struggling but will try and aim for that date.
Had another blood count as well so hopefully I won't need to go back on the dreaded iron tablets - I'm the opposite of you guys Heather and WMG in that they were giving me the runs - bleurgh! I understand that good quality dark chocolate has a high iron-content though, so that's my medication of choice for now :yumyum:

Cher, RW and anyone else who pops in - hope you're all doing fab : D xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moogle" (May 9th 2013, 11:12pm)

Friday, May 10th 2013, 7:53am

Get loadsa spinach Down ya neck moogle lol... They say greens have plenty of iron and I'm sure steak too? Picking my prescription up today I have to take so many tablets an my injections everyday now it's unreal just finished my antibiotics too as my arm was infected from whooping cough jab! Oh the joys ay but will defo be worth it in the end. One positive to the section is at least u have a date u will have ur little one in your arms. As for movements yeah they hurt sometimes its like he stretches as long as he possibly can lol x

What's Up?

Friday, May 10th 2013, 7:11pm

Moogle its great you've got a date and hopefully you can last until then but either way it's not long now. Still time for bubba to change position but I can only say that a section is fine and recovery is quicker than i thought.

WMG I'm not sure if I actually get BH. Although i get the bad cramping and back ache my tummy doesn't go really hard. It is weird to think that LO is heavier than both of my girls were when they were born. DH is delighted by thought of a chubby baby.Part of me wants her to stay put until delivery date and other part really wants her out now :snigger:

Hope everyone will have a lovely weekend :D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 12:17am

Awww how heavy we're ur girls then heather? And funny thing is I had bad bh with my daughter so much so that at 36weeks hosp thought I was in labour and I ended up stayin in hosp for 3days cuz how bad they were but they settled with a bit of rest she ended up coming 10 days late. They seem so much worse this time round and funny thing is I remember from last time that the bh pain/uncomfortableness I had was all in belly but when I was in real labour my contractions all really hurt my back didn't get pain in my belly... Odd how it affects people differently isn't it x

What's Up?

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 11:51am

WMG I've got a feeling that'll be the way I go. Been having this cramping since about 21 weeks and a few times I've been ready to ring the hosp but after a lie down in bed they eventually go away. Doc won't let me go over my due date which is why I've got a section date as they can't induce labour if you've had an earlier section. I would definitely prefer to try naturally this time.

Girls were 4lbs 12 and 5lbs 6oz so new baby is heavier already. Having said that I am a bit dubious about estimates as we were told girls were both over 7lbs before we had them!!

I'm on my own this weekend as DH is on earlies so he's not home til girls bedtime xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 8:32pm

aww ur girls were teeny weeny then. did they come early? and i know i have heard alot about growth scans often being wrong about babys size x

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 9:21pm

Please don't go too much by scans for weight. E hospital worried me telling me Kaynan was coming out well over 10lbs. When he came out 7lb 2ozs and really skinny I wanted to know where the rest of him was lol

Cobi came out 9lb 3ozs and was exactly the same birth.xxxx

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 9:41pm

Echo what Gemma said. I was told LO was 6.7
Lb at 36 week scan and she was only 6.6 at birth at 39 + 2.
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 11:34am

I know what you mean ladies i was quite cross after inhad the girls because they were delivered at 37 weeks but i could of gone on for til 39-40 weeks with them to let them grow bigger than they were.

I had sort of figured it might be more accurate with just one in there but maybe not :snigger:
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Monday, May 13th 2013, 7:25pm

hello 3rd tri ladies, time for me to join you :) cant believe it!!! everything with me and bump has been going well...just a little tiredeness creeping in now.
how are you all feeling? x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Monday, May 13th 2013, 7:34pm

Welcome to third tri Lisa. Same as u tired al time but in pain all the time too lol x

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 9:59am

Hey everyone, so sorry I keep popping in then disappearing again. Things have just been so so busy but I am now on maternity leave so will have plenty time to pop on here, until the bubbas arrive that is.

Well I was panicking a few weeks ago that we were unorganised but now I think we are almost there. I think I have a maximum of 6 weeks left, will know more on Thursday at scan and consultant appointment.

We have painted the nursery and have one cot built up (still waiting on the other to arrive) a set drawers and a changing unit, hoping to have some room for a nursing gliding chair as we use one at work and they are a godsend. The motion just somehow sends the babies off to sleep. I am desperate to put all finishing touches into room but fear its too early for that, what do you guys think. The only thing we are not having in the house is the pram and car seats.

I have been having heart palpitations throughout pregnancy which come and go, they worry me so much even though I have had my heart all checked. Well they have came back this week argh, I hate them spoil oiling my happiness as I am getting so excited to meet the twins. Anyone else had this.

Anyhoo enough of me, how are you all and your gorgeous bumps?

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 2:47pm

Hello ladies : D

Welcome to 3rd tri Lisa. It might be the tired and sore tri but is the most exciting :D

Oh Nic you lucky lady to be in mat leave and you sound very organised. Unless you are not having girls sleep in your room you don't need the nursery totally finished just yet. There will be enough room in one cot for both babies for quite a while.

I had heart palpitations yesterday and have been very light headed recently.

I ended up in hospital yesterday after having bad pains again. Just the usual pains but they didn't go away like normal. Had the usual tests and CTG testing. It's weird that my bad pains don't really match when the machine registers my contractions. They are uncomfortable but not too sore. I always feel so stupid going to hospital when I'm not actually in labour. Ive told hubby I'm not going back until my waters have broken, I'm 100% in labour as the pain is loads worse than now or I'm going in for my section!!

Any which way this time 3 weeks she'll be in my arms : D I'm meant to be going back to work tomorrow but I really don't want to. I've got used to being off by now :snigger:
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Cherlou

Superstar

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 7:18pm

How long are u back for heather as if u only have 3 weeks to go surely u should be stopping? Glad all was ok, must be worrying having to go back in to hospital but much better to get reassurance xx
Nic I had my last day today...for real!! I actually started maternity a few
Weeks back but carried on working an extra few days as part of my maternity package. I have most things sorted but not sure I have enough in my hospital bag. Packed a load of clothes but now thinking maybes I should put more in. I have a growth scan tomo so praying both twinnies still growing at the correct pace. Fingers crossed.
I have car seat and pram at home as we had no where else it could go? I know people say its bad luck don't they?

I am trying to decide whether to see if I can elect for a c section. Am really starting to think that maybe the safest way for my little ones to come into the world as there is much less that can wrong. What r ur thoughts ladies? HMC u had a c section didn't u?

I still need to buy my twin feeding cushion...prob is they r so expensive!!

Hope everyone doing well xxxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 7:59pm

Hey Cher are u breast feeding the little ones or bottle? Afraid I can't advise about c section as not had one may need one this time though. I also have my pram had it a while now and it's set up even though they say its bad luck.

Hey heather bet that was annoying for u bet u can't wait to have lo now. My waters never broke naturally so that may not be a great idea to wait til they break lol.

Nic I was thinking of getting one of those chairs too.

Hope moogle is ok she has not been on for a little while has she?

I have been in hosp most of the day today as keep struggling to breathe and getting dizzy... Baby is fine they think its a combination of my anaemia, having low blood pressure an the usual pregnancy thing of him getting big now and squashing my lungs also I have been walking around too much apparently because blood flow takes a lot longer to get back up top hence the dizziness and this may interest u all doc said that's what can cause leg cramps in preg ladies! Xx

Cherlou

Superstar

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 8:17pm

That's interesting as I get leg cramps every night. I thought we were supposed to walk around a lot. How r u feeling now? Is hard going isn't it?!! When I lie down I get crazy dizzy, I have a scan tomo and its inevitable that I will faint again.
I want to breast feed if I can. Think it will be easier and much much cheaper!

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 8:56pm

I want to try breast feeding too I never did with my daughter and regretted it and I know that's what they usually say isn't it think I've just been over doing it recently tho been causing myself a lot of pain. Well done for choosing to breastfed with twins. X

Cherlou

Superstar

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 9:43pm

All we can do is try I guess! Way I look at it is it will save me having to make up bottles in the middle of the night so hopefully, if I can get them tandem feeding, it will save time. Hope I'm not being too wishful!!
Make sure u slow up a little WMG xx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 10:02pm

Evening ladies

I am feeling pretty rubbish and I think it's down to the palpatations, I can have thousands a day and have always went to the hospital with them and the tape monitor showed I had slight fast heart rate and irregular beats buts nothing they seemed concerned about, but this is the first time I have felt like I have no energy and at times breathless. Perhaps to do with the palps or just general pregnancy.

Hmcfeather I hope your not in as much pain now, hopefully you won't be long until you meet your lil one. Is the pain etc down to your previous section. I have been having tonnes of braxton hicks which are fine if I stay still but the minute I try move they can be uncomfortable and a bit painful, been having these since 16 weeks and was always at hospital or phoning them to check them out. Kinda got used to them now.

Cherlou I too am planning to try breast feeding, although if its too hard or not going to work I have convinced myself its not the end of the world and that I will not beat myself up about it. I am not buying a cushion at the moment but I have had a long body pillow which I have used all way through pregnancy which I am going to try, I kinda fold it into a V and figured I could put it round my lap and attach tires at the back to tie if need be to stop it sliding around then if that doesn't work then I might invest in a pillow.

We don't pick our pram up till the 7th June and have no room in house whatsoever so it's going up to the father in laws. We have everything else in house though and our second cot arrived today, can't wait to have nursery finished hopefully by the weekend. I have stuff in my mat bags but it needs ironed, its so hard knowing how much to put in for babies and how much clothes were are going to need, so far I have knickers, jammies, few nighties, house coat slippers, socks for me but will plan on taking a wee jog suit thing too, got all toiletries, pads, baby wipes for me, etc so think I just need to chuck in make up on way. I have ended up packing a bag for me and a bag for the babies although they say a labour bag and then an after bag, what have you guys all done.

Hey westmidsgirl I so want a chair, they are amazing I actually think I would care how much space I have I will still squeeze one in somewhere.hope your feeling better now too honey x x x

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 10:12pm

You poor thing WMG. I can sympathise with the dizziness as I am suffering to and seems to be worse when I sit for long periods. Am not too bad when lying down. I've low blood pressure as well. At the mo it's up to 100/55 but to be honest no one seems that interested in the dizziness.
I'm hoping as baby drops down over next little while my heartburn/dizziness etc will improve.

Cher I was advised that having a section was safest for delivery of my girls sonto be honest that swayed it for me but inhad problems during my section with my blood pressure dropping far too low so there was a bit of a panic. I know some ladies think I'm mad for wanting a vaginal birth but it is something I'd like to experience (I think!!)

I would say hold off slightly on buying the twin feeding pillow until you know that you will breastfeed. I wanted to BF my girls but it just wasn't gonna happen. Neither would latch on and they gave me the option of bottle feed them or put them on a feeding tube so it was an easy choice for me. I ended up expressing and bottle feeding for 6 weeks. Best buy I had with the twins was their bouncer seats. I sat on the floor between them feeding them and it worked brilliantly.

I am hoping with this LO to be able to bf but if it doesn't work I'll express again.

Hope your growth scan goes really well tomorrow xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 10:17pm

Cross posted there Nic!! It is hard work growing baby/babies on your body so I can imagine it is helping your palpitations. Hope you take it easy and look after yourself and LOs xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: 1 daughter, 16 years old, new baby boy 10 weeks old

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 5:30am

hi ladies oooopppps sorry I haven't updated earlier ive just not been on in ages, I had my little man on 2nd march and am totally in love and obsessed by him hence not been on but all is fab sorry to not have been on hope your all doing amazingly, let me know if your on parenting chat so we can catch up
xxx
[zx076] :BFP: JUNE 2011 ectopic bigcloud

:BFP: seen @6 weeks [zx076] & 7 weeks & 10 weeks [zx115] also 13 weeks

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 9:04am

Fantastic news mrsandrews, congratulations. Enjoy your little bundle x x x

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 11:42am

I brought my maternity leave forward so from today I am officially on leave happydance
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 12:21pm

Hi mrs Andrews don't know u but congrats on little one being born!

Oh Heather I bet you are well happy now then lol. My bp was 90/60 last time. Hosp called me this morn an said iron levels have dropped even more even thou I am taking 3iron tabs a day! Grrr lol juts been told to carry on taking them. X

Moogle

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 1:33pm

Hello ladies and bumps, good to see all going well : D

Congratulations on your little boy Mrs Andrews!
Welcome to third tri Lisa, nice to see you in here :)
Heather, am really pleased to hear you're on matty leave now - now rest up as much as those girls will let you!
Hope you have a lovely scan today Cher :)
Nic, you are sounding very organised :) Sorry to hear you're still having the heart palpitations, hope it settles down as that must be horrible.
Thanks Westmids hun, I'm still lurking and checking up on you all! To be honest I've been struggling a bit as I get closer to the point our wee boy passed away, and it doesn't help that this LO keeps stressing me out with reduced movements. I've barely bought a thing, haven't taken anything out the loft and haven't even thought about packing my hospital bag yet! :rollseyes: I don't want to bring the thread down with my crazy-lady paranoia, it's far too exciting a time for everyone : D So even if I don't post so much over the next little while I will definitely still be keeping a close eye out for all your news : D

Not envious of your 3 iron tabs a day WMG! I haven't had last week's bloods result back so I assume they're back to normal and I can stay off the evil pills! Might still stick to my dark chocolate diet though...

Take care everyone xxxx
blowkiss

Net

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 2:59pm

Welcome back Mrs A and congratulations. What's LOs name? Come join new patent chat xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Cherlou

Superstar

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 5:10pm

Bless u moogle, it's only natural u feel this way but be as positive as u can that this little LO is doing just fine. Take it easy hunni xxxxx
Congrats to mrs a on ur little boy xxx
Good girl heather, I think that was totally the right decision. U can relax a wee bit now and prepare for life to get all crazy again :)
Nic I just have one bag with everything in but it's so hard to know if u have packed the right things. I have no clothes for me, just nighties. I guess nearer the time I could throw trackies in although if I have a c section they will sit right on my cut? R u planning natural or c section?
Heather doctors tell u such different things don't they. Mine r insiting that natural is safer and said we will talk properly at 36 week scan. I'm with u that I think a csection is much safer for them, surely so much less can go wrong??
WMG sounds like ur having a rough ride hun. I'm on one iron tablet a day...would not like 3!

All good at scan. Both babies measuring average for where they should be which is great and are both head down in cervix. (Kinda hoped they weren't so as my c section decision would be made for me! Guess there's still time for them to move!) my lil lady is measuring a teeny but bigger than my lil man but they r pretty similar really. Can def feel more pressure lower down now as they get heavier and I spend most Of my day on the loo. It's so much worse at night...I am pretty much up every hour :(
Out for tea tonight with a couple we met at nct. Hope I can stay awake!!

Xxxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 9:19pm

Hi girls,

Time for me to join you all too :biggrin: there is so much happening in here too.

Nic, I'm so sorry to hear about your palpitations they must be quite upsetting. I hope they ease up for you. Labour bag and after back, I hadn't thought about that. Good idea though...we live about 5 minutes drive from the hospital so shouldn't be too problematic for my DP if I forget anything! Do you have a date yet, or is it too early?

Heather, great to hear you're on maternity leave :goodnews: try and rest now of you can with your LOs!

WMG, sorry about your iron levels, I think shellfish is high in iron, don't know if you like things like that?

Moogle, it's understandable for you to be apprehensive, thinking of you blowkiss

Cherlou, your twins sound like they're doing perfectly. I'm on the loo all the time too, I can only imagine what it's like with two in there. When will you discuss your birth, and dates?

xxx

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 10:15pm

Awwww moogle :hugs: how horrible for u... There's nothing anyone can say really to make it better but just know that we are thinking about u!

Cherlou yes it's pretty crappy when I already have to take aspirin, vitamin b12 and high dose folic acid also my clexane injections now 3 iron a day it's hard trying to remember to take them all lol. Great news about twins being average size. Know what u mean though I would prob want c section with twins too.

Welcome EE everyone is trickling over now aren't they? And yes I like shellfish but not sure if u are meant to eat that whilst preg are u? Someone mentioned bananas to me earlier so may give that a go an obv I no about the obvious ones like spinach an red meats etc. doc also said a glass of orange juice apparently helps absorb iron better?!

Xxx

What's Up?

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 7:06pm

Oh Moogle it's totally understandable your feelings. Fear totally overcomes me fairly frequently and I've never been through anything like you have hun.

WMG the advice has changed now re shellfish. It's ok to eat as long as it has been cooked. I absolutely love all shellfish but even so I'm very careful where I eat it now. There are a couple of seafood restaurants here we love and I am happy that it's very fresh.
Gosh you really do have so much to take and still jabbing as well. Poor you!

Cher fab news about your LOs being average size. I think the thinking about a section is that it is safer for babies that way but much riskier for you. I certainly knew when I was told that there was really no decision for me to take. Girls always came first although it was very touchband go for me so I suppose I can see their point!!

EE it's lovely to have you join us here in the 3rd tri : D

Hope everyone else is keeping well and blooming xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 10:38pm

Hi girls,

I have a question for those of yu who have already breast fed, about bottles and pumps...I'm planning on breast feeding, should I buy bottles and a pump in advance too? It's all so confusing.

xxx

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 10:45pm

It is all starting to get very exciting in here!

We've finally moved back into our house after almost 7 weeks home - first night in tonight! Still loads to do, but we're in! I'm full of doom and gloom I'm afraid which I will apologise for in advance! I'm so sick again. Think it might be all the stress and tiredness from moving maybe, but I'm not blooming at all like I did with my little girl! Utterly exhausted and also have horrendous heartburn, which is making me sick at night. So, not feeling the best really!

I am being extremely well looked after though and have seen the midwife, consultant regarding my thyroid and have a scan in a few weeks time. I'm having another c-section, long story, but professionals and I feel it is for the best and I'm feeling content with the decision. I think I'd worry whatever was happening, but I know what's involved with a section and will hopefully deliver around 5th July.

Will post more personals next time! I'm needing my bed. Xxx

EE - regarding bottles and a pump - def buy in some bottles and some formula, just Incase. My sister couldn't get her LO to latch on ( turned out he couldn't breast feed due to some mouth issues) and she had a screaming baby in the middle of the night with no bottles or milk to give him and she bought me a starter pack of Dr Browns and some milk. Just a few bottles to start will do. I never needed it, but its better to be prepared! Loved Dr Browns by the way, can't rate them highly enough.

I had a pump from day one and it was useful for when I was engorged to take away some of the milk, but my LO wouldn't take a bottle until she was about 5-6 months. I had planned to breastfeed, express and feed from a bottle, so DH could do some, but it just didn't happen! We tried regularly with her from the start and she just gagged on it! So, to be honest I really didn't get a lot of use out of my pump. Part of me says yes buy it, the other part of me says wait, especially if you live near a shop and can just pop out for one. Sorry I'm maybe not much help! Xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amazing Grace" (May 16th 2013, 10:47pm)

Moogle

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 11:03pm

Hey EE, you wouldn't go wrong buying a few bottles and a pump in advance, as even if breastfeeding goes well you may want to express at times so DH can help with feeding etc. Although you probably wouldn't be doing that for the first wee while, so you'd still have time to pick all your bits and bobs up afterwards. Most supermarkets have a pretty good selection, although you may need to look elsewhere for a steriliser. I was determined to breastfeed when expecting F and I didn't buy any bottles or anything beforehand - unfortunately he wouldn't latch on while we were in hospital, so I ended up feeding him formula so we could go home, and had to stop off at Mothercare on the way to buy formula, bottles etc. I did persevere and we finally got to grips with bf-ing by the time he was 2 weeks old, but I really needed the bottle-feeding equipment for expressing and for formula top-ups when required. I guess you could always return anything you don't need afterwards, couldn't you? xfingers xfingers all goes well for you with the breastfeeding, it's a lovely bonding experience. I only managed 3 months, but am glad I did it.

Cher, lovely to hear your scan went well and that the twins are measuring up nice and healthy :)
WMG - wow that's a load of meds! Think I would need a daily checklist to stop me missing anything ;)

Thanks for all the support lovely ladies, I am having a much better day today. I've discovered the power of Lucozade for making baby jiggle! Was a bit worried about the caffeine content, but the docs have said it's fine so I guess that'll be my tipple for next couple of weeks :yumyum:

Hope you are all doing wonderfully, will be back for a proper catch up soon xxxxx

Moogle

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 11:05pm

Crossed posts there AG, so nice to see you back! Will pop in on you and catch up on your news properly really soon : D

Lxxx

What's Up?

Friday, May 17th 2013, 9:03am

EE I had planned to BF and it just didn't happen with girls as neither would latch on in hospital so I ended up expressing and bottle feeding. We were in hospital long enough for DH to go out and buy stuff. This time I've bought new bottles and steriliser in case BF doesn't work out this time again. I bought a great express machine in hospital which let's me do both boobies at once. They had a machine to borrow in hosp but I found myself getting stressed when it wasn't free when I needed it. But that only happened as I was in hosp for 6 days after having my girlies. It may be worth buying stuff and not open it so you can return it if the BF goes to plan.

AG so good to hear from you and fantastic news that you have finally moved into your house. I reckon you have been doing far too much my lovely. I feel pretty terrible when i overdo it and peptac is my new best friend. Small frequent amounts help with my running supply of antacid that gets me through. Thinking about your mummy too xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Friday, May 17th 2013, 11:00am

I want to breastfeed too but haven't bought a pump as I chose to get one after I know I can breast feed and he is doing it well etc only because my mom told me when she breastfed my bro he just wud not take a bottle at all only breast an that was it... I know that was many yrs ago but I would also rather not waste the money on a pump till I know I'm comfortable with breast feeding too but each to their own plus I'm sure someone said u dont produce enough milk to express and breast feed til at least 2months after?? Sure that was on a post on this site somewhere but I never have breast fed so again I could be wrong. X

Cherlou

Superstar

Friday, May 17th 2013, 2:47pm

Interesting chat ladies! I'm a bit of a sucker and the lady in mothercare talked me into buying loads of stuff!! I bought a breast feeding starter kit which includes electric pump, steriliser and bottles. Didn't buy any formula as really want just to BF if poss and if not hospital will give me some. What I am doing is keeping receipt and then anything I don't use I will take it back. Like if BF works out really well and I don't need to express etc then I will take it back. All of it cost a fortune.
Do u know what I can't get my head around?? How do u express milk without missing a feed. Like if I'm having a night out so want to express milk for the night feed how would I do it without missing one of their day feeds? Cos don't u have to express same time as u feed? Won't u run out of milk or not get the good quality stuff? Am sure night outs are unlikely mind!!
AG glad u are all settled in. Nows the time to relax a bit now...hard as it is. I'm so crap at relaxing...I am already missing work!!

Girls anyone getting really bad stretch marks. Mine r getting worse daily and are all on my tummy. I have been using creams from the start and thought I was going to get away with it but these last 5 weeks they have come with a vengeance and everyday seems to bring a new one. Hard not to feel a bit down about it all...starting to feel a bit like a whale! Plus all I wanna do is eat this last week. I know having twins it's almost inevitable to get them but I wish I hadn't :(

Xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Net

Friday, May 17th 2013, 3:35pm

Hi ladies I really really hope you don't mind me butting in on your chat. I've been watching the thread with excitement as you all get near your due dates!

Just a quick comment re the breast feeding. I am exclusively BF my LO. It's hard work but I love it. It was especially hard at first but I'm glad I stuck with it but know its not for everyone. Anyway just to say it takes about 3-6 days for your first milk to come through but I think it's different for everyone. Mine came in on day 5. I think you can express pretty much from day 1. I have lots in the freezer from expressing from week one. Unfortunately my LO refuses a bottle so goodness knows what I'll do with my freezer full!

With regard to expressing, the milk supply is based on supply and demand so if you express so you can go out and would then not feed your LO from the breast when you are out you might leak a bit and get full boobs as they'd be expecting to feed your LO. If you did that loads I think your supply would fall but the odd one won't do any harm you'll just be a bit uncomfortable !

Cherlou my friend exclusively breast fed two sets of twins! I take my hat off to her with 5 kids under 5 and 4 of them twins!

Hope I have my BF facts right!

Good luck and best wishes to you all in the third tri.

Net xxxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Net" (May 17th 2013, 3:36pm)

Cherlou

Superstar

Friday, May 17th 2013, 4:25pm

Thanks net. The bit I still don't get tho is obv u express ahead of time. So when ur expressing u should be feeding at that point. So what do u feed babies? Or do u feed them first and then try to express once ther finished? Hoping I won't need to really express but just trying to work it out if I need to. Hope that makes sense!!x

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Net

Friday, May 17th 2013, 4:49pm

Yep feed first then express. I was lucky as I had over supply so could feed from one boob and express the other but you won't be able to do that with twins! Or feed them then express a little bit later, say just before you are going out. It will be easier to work it all out once BF is established, after say six weeks or so but could take longer.
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests